CCL Label Employee Reviews

I loved my job, but when we were busy we were swamped. When there was nothing to do, the days were long.
Proofreader (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDApril 27, 2017
Workload was unpredictable. When we were busy, fewer mistakes were made & production accomplished more in less time. When there was no work, it was very difficult to look forward to coming to work. The hardest part of the job was dealing with being bored because of a lack of work. The best part of the job was management let you do your job (they didn't micro-manage). I learned how to do the best I could so that the person who received the job ticket after me had everything they needed, and they didn't have to come back to me because I forgot to do something.
Pros
Excellent benefits & hours. Free lunch from corporate throughout the year.
Cons
Workload was either feast (too much to do) or famine (nothing to do).
Great place to work at but lacks communication.
Plate Mounter (Current Employee) –  Lumberton, NJFebruary 13, 2017
Mount Letterpress/flexo/screens for upcoming jobs on multiple press's. I learned a lot about printing as a whole in the ongoing three years that I've worked at CCL truly learn something new everyday and am willing to learn more. Everyone here is willing to help each other communication on the other hand could improve immensely.
Bad place to work
Folder opeator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 11, 2016
Bad place to work....... I am was injured on the job and they did everything that they could to cover it up from being their fault.........they removed the cause of the accident within the hour that I was at the healthcare place across the street where I had 6 stitches placed in my arm
Pros
Cons
You mean nothing to them other than what you can give them
A busy company.
Rewind Inspector (Current Employee) –  Collierville, TNNovember 27, 2016
The jobs at the location is easy but require 10 to 12 hours of standing in one place. The employees are friendly and helpful. The work hours are odd hours and you have to leave early or come to work late just to go to the doctor.
Pros
Hour lunch break
Cons
Excessive work hours
would suggest people run away from this place
Operator/Laborer (Current Employee) –  clinton scOctober 26, 2016
Not much to say other than they act like they care but they don't they overwork their employees and then lay them off really terrible company to work for go anywhere but there
Pros
Cons
to much to list
Solid product, but management is lacking
Quality Technician (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 14, 2016
This company makes a good product, but the management team often makes promises to their workers that they cannot live up to. Several people have been promised positions, only to have to wait months for any change.

The production team is scrutinized to a high degree, but many mistakes that happen before production are ignored.
Pros
paid lunch, decent benefifits package
Cons
Management lacks direction
Productive - Loved my job
Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Clinton, SCSeptember 27, 2016
Given tasks I wanted to learn
Great management
Loved my co-workers
Given continuous education classes as a tool for job duties
Vacation time not used was paid
Pros
Loved my boss
Cons
No leaving for lunch
Great company to work for
Graphics Pre-Press Operator (Current Employee) –  Lumberton, NJAugust 26, 2016
Great company to work for, great benefits and an awesome work culture. I am very pleased so far with the decision to accept the position.
clean work environment
Slitter Operator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 27, 2016
clean work environment with clearly defined job duties, can be stressful when job has to ship, detail oriented, nice working hours with three day weekends unless working OT
high stress job with hardly any raises from year to year
press operator (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 6, 2016
In the last several years they have brought too many people with engineering degrees and hardly knowledge of running a printing press. But yet they tell us what to do and it usually turns into more problems. Have over 10 managers that create a very negative work experience. Makes it unbearable to be there most days.
Pros
paid lunch break
Cons
negative working enviroment with pocket change raises every year
productive lots of hours available. Stinks
Press Prep Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDApril 18, 2016
The shifts are long. 5 to 5 either day or night shift. but this offers 3 day weekends with overtime still. Work is pretty monotonous but it goes surprisingly fast. the smell of the solvent is pretty unbearable though and does irritate the skin.
Pros
overtime
smell
Overall good place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 4, 2016
I've been with CCL for a few years now and I cannot forsee myself leaving anytime soon. With the exception of 1 or 2, management is great. The employees are motivated and well trained. Lots of wonderful processes and procedures in place to make things flow smoothly.
Pros
Employees, lean, gain share
Cons
some management, raises
i was deeply displeased with my time there
pressman (Former Employee) –  Clinton, SCJanuary 4, 2016
tipical day to day was ok but there was often changes in shifts without notice or choice , Iand I was fired for not taking a position out of town
Pros
decent work enviroment
Cons
management
fun place to work at.
Inspection Department Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Robbinsville, NJNovember 13, 2015
Nice people to work with. Never a dull day at the office. Supportive management. Advancement opportunities. Fun place to work at.
fun place to work at.
Quality Assurance Manager (Former Employee) –  Robbinsville, NJNovember 13, 2015
Good
Quality Assurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Saint Charles, MONovember 9, 2015
Good pay nice people to work with. Work is pretty easy.Would be nice to get payed weekly. Management is really good to work with. 401k good insurance .
Nearly Recession proof, Very good benefits.
Front End Emploee (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 10, 2015
The industry is almost entirely recession proof. Job stability is very high. Compensation is adequate but not competitive if you are looking for longtime career. Pay/Salary increases are hard to come by. Annual increases do not usually meet the cost of living increase.

Most of the staff is easy to talk to and get along with. However, most people keep to themselves and there does not seem to be a team atmosphere. Morale is lower than it should be.

Management is very good financially. This company is very strong!
Pros
Quarterly Lunches, Cookouts, Free Flu shots, Gifts.
Cons
Salary & Payscale, morale

Comment – October 1, 2016

Stress has increased significantly. Politics and maneuvering for better position and advantages drive the office culture. Leadership is interested in cutting waste and the bottom line. Sadly this leads to fewer raises and wage increases. Work/life balance is all but gone. If you want to get paid well and what your value is, negotiate your terms before you get hired and get it in writing.

very productive job and clean work environment
Rewind Operator (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 6, 2015
Overall i love the job and the employers are very friendly and comfortable to work with. The only problem is that i need better work hours.
Cons
better hours
excellent job location , and convenient to my home
Quantity Assurance & Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Upland, CAApril 21, 2015
I enjoyed working for ccl label . I was basically my own boss and was ablen to work alone and get my following tasks done sufficiently.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
late hours, no paid sick days or benefits
Good company with good benefits
Extruder Technician-Setup Operator (Current Employee) –  Moorestown, NJMarch 24, 2015
been with CCL over 14 years, that should tell i did something right, and it is right place and good place to work for, with profit sharing and good benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CCL Label. Our community is ready to answer.