CCMSI Employee Reviews

Excellent place to work and career growth and advancement is awesome!!
Senior WC Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 19, 2019
Great place to work, great benefits and generous vacation time. Opportunities to work from home. Locations across the country. Career growth is a must!
Pros
CCMSI rewards you for being a hard worker.
Cons
Your encouragement to others is always a plus.
Awful place to work.
Claim Consultant (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAJanuary 29, 2019
Company does not care about its employees, they give you an unmanageable amount of work and then reprimand you when it’s not completed on time, you are required to work many hours of overtime without any compensation while managers and supervisors are out the door at 4:30, supervisors and managers do not support the employees, managers and supervisors lie and manipulate the truth, Worst job I’ve ever had.
Pros
Your co-workers are very nice.
Cons
Management and supervisors are completely unprofessional, many hours of unpaid overtime; dishonest managers and supervisors.
I handled over 200 files and i was a top preformer
Sr. Claim Rep (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 29, 2019
I handled the account for the Illinois Municipal League, worked with 780 members. Helped assign new loss and handled my own desk with over 225 files. Defended the municipalities against, sewer back ups, trip and falls, wrongful termination and all civil and federal law suits. I handled 1st property losses including all business interruption matters. Provided leadership and trained new employees. I met with members to build stronger relationships. I was the preferred adjuster by my members also I stepped in as a supervisor when needed.
Pros
Good pay with Salary
Cons
no advancement
Workers Comp TPA with varied pace days
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wakefield, MAJanuary 26, 2019
A typical day reflects many different duties, often down time and then a lot of work hitting all at once. There seems to be a lot of negativity in this office.
Pros
Decent vacation time
Cons
Bad vibes.
Go somewhere else!! Pending is 2x what it should be for a lost time/litigated desk.
Sr. Claims Consultant (Current Employee) –  Linwood, NJJanuary 20, 2019
Middle Management is too busy being sick or busy to assist low level adjusters. Gossip and nepotism are out of control in NJ.

Salaries are apx $18k below area average.

No support from Supervisor. All file Reviews are SUBJECTIVE.

Think twice.
Pros
Time off'. But if you take it, you cant get caught up
Cons
Supervisor and pending. Retaliation by Supervisor
Very Average company
Senior Claims Adjuster - Resolution Team (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 26, 2018
Not a challenging work place. No opportunity to learn and grow as Adjuster.
Lack of leadership or guidance from immediate supervisor.
Client is good to work with.
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
Poor Management
Job in claims
Workers Compensation Consultant (Former Employee) –  United StatesOctober 5, 2018
It's a typical job in workers comp. Sometimes the job is very demanding and the information needed to do you job is loosly interpreted, but once you get the hang of it it's okay.
Pros
Does not micromanage
Cons
Rigid work hours
Very relaxed work environment
Claims Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 18, 2018
The people at CCMSI are relaxed and easy to work with. They do follow CCBP in all that they do. You are provided annual reviews with raises. They do offer a lot of time off
Benefits Coordinator/Self Insured Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Danville, ILJuly 31, 2018
They help people advance. Many learning opportunities. Work was hard but was rewarded for hard work. Nice atmosphere in office. Management is helpful. Benefit were very good
Nepotism
Claims Clerk/Admin Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 11, 2018
The environment is very cantankerous. And full of nepotism. A typical day at work for my last supervisor was cut - throat. She was never empathetic to me as a person, she was over working me a lot, and treating me like her servant and not as a hardworking counterpart. The company as an entity is full of ambiguity, you never really know what to expect! Lacks structure! And you work hard and if your not favored someone else gets the credit. CCMSI - Chicago.
Pros
Hour paid lunch, two 15 minute breaks;
Cons
Alot
Not a great place to work anymore
Claims Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COJuly 9, 2018
This company used to have a reputation for being a long term employment opportunity. However, the local management was not to par. Hiring of managers that had less knowledge than their subordinates, was extremely stressful for getting anything accomplished.
Pros
Got to make your own hours
Cons
Had to work many hours
Typical claims job
Claim Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lisle, ILJuly 4, 2018
Ok place to work. Enjoyed continuing education classes. Poor management by Supervisors. Poor work-life balance. Great benefits. There is not much more to add
Pros
Continuing education
Cons
Poor management
Face pace with high expecations
Claim Specialist Workers' Compensation Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 1, 2018
Workplace is a good place to obtain experience before exploring your options to advance your career .There is minimum movement for promotional advancement.
Pros
Numerous lunch and learn seminars
Cons
Communication with management
Relaxed & Productive Work Envorinment
Claims Associate (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 6, 2018
Great "family" and team environment, always busy, and a lot of ways to move up in the company. Awesome benefits, coworkers, and management team. Very relaxed and comfortable place to work
Fast paced environment
Underwriting Trainee (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAMay 25, 2018
Typical day: Very busy
What I learned: To be on queue each day
Management: Very helpful
Workplace culture: Sometimes stressful
Hardest part of the job: Multiple duties which sometimes overlapped; this can put a strain on accuracy
Most enjoyable part of the job: Coworkers
Pros
Job security, retirement incentives, sense of job comfort, getting along with co-workers
Cons
The need to feel useful, worries over job security, potential differences with co-workers
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 16, 2018
CCMSI is a great place to work.... if you like getting bounced from position to position because they can't/won't hire more staff. They probably prefer their staff angry, flustered and overwhelmed. If you can get over that then this is the place for you.
Pros
Free coffee and tea daily, occasionally free lunch, nice coworkers, relaxed dress code
Cons
short staffed, rude claiments, favoritism
Friendly enviornment w/ lots of Office bonding
WC Senior Examiner (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAMarch 26, 2018
Days at work went by very fast. Here I definitely enhanced my multi tasking and time management abilities as a result of Client demands. My Mgmt was located in the Irvine, CA which enhanced responsibility. Most Clients are laid back, low key and slow paced. The most enjoyable part of my day was my clients and co-workers.
Pros
Lots of Lunch and Learns - Enough CEU's provided internally
Cons
Kaiser benefits are not ooffered
Excellent organization that was committed to their clients and their employees.
Claim Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 23, 2018
Very pleasant work environment. Management was very supportive and showed real appreciation for the staff. I would highly recommend this employer. If my dedicated client had not left, I would still be there!
Terrible
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 10, 2018
Poor management. Sweatshop atmosphere. Lots of favoritism. Don't care about the customer. Back stabbing between co-workers. High turnover. Very dishonest company.
Pros
It is a job
Cons
Everything else
Great people and stressful job
Claims Intern (Former Employee) –  Danville, ILJanuary 10, 2018
Show up and have to check emails and voicemail. Look for claims to set up. Check if you need to work or read from your internship book. Check with you manager to see what is needed for the day. Set up claims, call people to do statements or calling for more information on the claim. I learned that working claims is not for everyone. You hear a lot of stories and it's hard to trust people working in that job. Management can be strict but they only want the best for you and are easy to go and ask questions for. Hardest part was trying to meet deadlines and not getting full cooperation from people can cause a lot of stress. Best part was the people I worked with. They made the job a lot more fun and were down to earth group and wanted the best for everyone.
Pros
Helping management, coworkers
Cons
Stressful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CCMSI. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight