CCMSI Employee Reviews

Very Average company
Senior Claims Adjuster - Resolution Team (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 26, 2018
Not a challenging work place. No opportunity to learn and grow as Adjuster.
Lack of leadership or guidance from immediate supervisor.
Client is good to work with.
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
Poor Management
Job in claims
Workers Compensation Consultant (Former Employee) –  United StatesOctober 5, 2018
It's a typical job in workers comp. Sometimes the job is very demanding and the information needed to do you job is loosly interpreted, but once you get the hang of it it's okay.
Pros
Does not micromanage
Cons
Rigid work hours
Very relaxed work environment
Claims Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 18, 2018
The people at CCMSI are relaxed and easy to work with. They do follow CCBP in all that they do. You are provided annual reviews with raises. They do offer a lot of time off
Benefits Coordinator/Self Insured Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Danville, ILJuly 31, 2018
They help people advance. Many learning opportunities. Work was hard but was rewarded for hard work. Nice atmosphere in office. Management is helpful. Benefit were very good
Nepotism
Claims Clerk/Admin Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 11, 2018
The environment is very cantankerous. And full of nepotism. A typical day at work for my last supervisor was cut - throat. She was never empathetic to me as a person, she was over working me a lot, and treating me like her servant and not as a hardworking counterpart. The company as an entity is full of ambiguity, you never really know what to expect! Lacks structure! And you work hard and if your not favored someone else gets the credit. CCMSI - Chicago.
Pros
Hour paid lunch, two 15 minute breaks;
Cons
Alot
Not a great place to work anymore
Claims Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COJuly 9, 2018
This company used to have a reputation for being a long term employment opportunity. However, the local management was not to par. Hiring of managers that had less knowledge than their subordinates, was extremely stressful for getting anything accomplished.
Pros
Got to make your own hours
Cons
Had to work many hours
Typical claims job
Claim Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lisle, ILJuly 4, 2018
Ok place to work. Enjoyed continuing education classes. Poor management by Supervisors. Poor work-life balance. Great benefits. There is not much more to add
Pros
Continuing education
Cons
Poor management
Face pace with high expecations
Claim Specialist Workers' Compensation Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 1, 2018
Workplace is a good place to obtain experience before exploring your options to advance your career .There is minimum movement for promotional advancement.
Pros
Numerous lunch and learn seminars
Cons
Communication with management
Relaxed & Productive Work Envorinment
Claims Associate (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 6, 2018
Great "family" and team environment, always busy, and a lot of ways to move up in the company. Awesome benefits, coworkers, and management team. Very relaxed and comfortable place to work
Fast paced environment
Underwriting Trainee (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAMay 25, 2018
Typical day: Very busy
What I learned: To be on queue each day
Management: Very helpful
Workplace culture: Sometimes stressful
Hardest part of the job: Multiple duties which sometimes overlapped; this can put a strain on accuracy
Most enjoyable part of the job: Coworkers
Pros
Job security, retirement incentives, sense of job comfort, getting along with co-workers
Cons
The need to feel useful, worries over job security, potential differences with co-workers
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 16, 2018
CCMSI is a great place to work.... if you like getting bounced from position to position because they can't/won't hire more staff. They probably prefer their staff angry, flustered and overwhelmed. If you can get over that then this is the place for you.
Pros
Free coffee and tea daily, occasionally free lunch, nice coworkers, relaxed dress code
Cons
short staffed, rude claiments, favoritism
Friendly enviornment w/ lots of Office bonding
WC Senior Examiner (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAMarch 26, 2018
Days at work went by very fast. Here I definitely enhanced my multi tasking and time management abilities as a result of Client demands. My Mgmt was located in the Irvine, CA which enhanced responsibility. Most Clients are laid back, low key and slow paced. The most enjoyable part of my day was my clients and co-workers.
Pros
Lots of Lunch and Learns - Enough CEU's provided internally
Cons
Kaiser benefits are not ooffered
Excellent organization that was committed to their clients and their employees.
Claim Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 23, 2018
Very pleasant work environment. Management was very supportive and showed real appreciation for the staff. I would highly recommend this employer. If my dedicated client had not left, I would still be there!
Terrible
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 10, 2018
Poor management. Sweatshop atmosphere. Lots of favoritism. Don't care about the customer. Back stabbing between co-workers. High turnover. Very dishonest company.
Pros
It is a job
Cons
Everything else
Great people and stressful job
Claims Intern (Former Employee) –  Danville, ILJanuary 10, 2018
Show up and have to check emails and voicemail. Look for claims to set up. Check if you need to work or read from your internship book. Check with you manager to see what is needed for the day. Set up claims, call people to do statements or calling for more information on the claim. I learned that working claims is not for everyone. You hear a lot of stories and it's hard to trust people working in that job. Management can be strict but they only want the best for you and are easy to go and ask questions for. Hardest part was trying to meet deadlines and not getting full cooperation from people can cause a lot of stress. Best part was the people I worked with. They made the job a lot more fun and were down to earth group and wanted the best for everyone.
Pros
Helping management, coworkers
Cons
Stressful
Claims Focus
Loss Control Consultant (Former Employee) –  Lisle, ILDecember 2, 2017
very laid back and collaborative culture. Management is fair but they do overly accommodate members in cases where it is stressful and impeding to staff.
CCMSI placed too many states at a time on their adjusters desk
Sr. Workers Compensation Adjuster (Former Employee) –  maitland flNovember 21, 2017
There was never standing behind the adjusters and the clients. There were too many states to handle on the desk at a time. I have nothing else to say about CCMSI
Great place to work. Manager is awesome
Claim Representative (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSSeptember 16, 2017
I have nothing but good things to say about CCMSI. The environment was laid back. The only thing is that while I was handling medical only claims, I had a very large volume of claims and it was hard to keep up.
Pros
Laid back and great morale.
Cons
I have nothing bad to say about CCMSI
Fun and relaxed
Underwriter I (Current Employee) –  Danville, ILSeptember 11, 2017
Fun and relaxed environment. They offer a great compensation package and are flexible when it comes to work. I enjoy working for this company and plan on this being my "home" for many years.
Professional and productive work place.
Regional Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wakefield, MASeptember 11, 2017
The most difficult part of the job is working with different personalities who demonstrate the same commitment to the company.

The most enjoyable part of my job is analyzing data. I love receiving multi line spreadsheets and summarizing data for management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CCMSI. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight