CCMSI Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Benefits Coordinator/Self Insured Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Danville, ILJuly 31, 2018
They help people advance. Many learning opportunities. Work was hard but was rewarded for hard work. Nice atmosphere in office. Management is helpful. Benefit were very good
Nepotism
Claims Clerk/Admin Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 11, 2018
The environment is very cantankerous. And full of nepotism. A typical day at work for my last supervisor was cut - throat. She was never empathetic to me as a person, she was over working me a lot, and treating me like her servant and not as a hardworking counterpart. The company as an entity is full of ambiguity, you never really know what to expect! Lacks structure! And you work hard and if your not favored someone else gets the credit. CCMSI - Chicago.
Pros
Hour paid lunch, two 15 minute breaks;
Cons
Alot
Face pace with high expecations
Claim Specialist Workers' Compensation Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 1, 2018
Workplace is a good place to obtain experience before exploring your options to advance your career .There is minimum movement for promotional advancement.
Pros
Numerous lunch and learn seminars
Cons
Communication with management
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 16, 2018
CCMSI is a great place to work.... if you like getting bounced from position to position because they can't/won't hire more staff. They probably prefer their staff angry, flustered and overwhelmed. If you can get over that then this is the place for you.
Pros
Free coffee and tea daily, occasionally free lunch, nice coworkers, relaxed dress code
Cons
short staffed, rude claiments, favoritism
Friendly enviornment w/ lots of Office bonding
WC Senior Examiner (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAMarch 26, 2018
Days at work went by very fast. Here I definitely enhanced my multi tasking and time management abilities as a result of Client demands. My Mgmt was located in the Irvine, CA which enhanced responsibility. Most Clients are laid back, low key and slow paced. The most enjoyable part of my day was my clients and co-workers.
Pros
Lots of Lunch and Learns - Enough CEU's provided internally
Cons
Kaiser benefits are not ooffered
Great place to work. They provide training and opportunity for advcement.
Claim Representative (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 15, 2018
CCMSI is fast paced with opportunity for advancement. The benefits are GREAT. Hard work is noticed and appreciated! Coworkers are friendly. Having good morale is important to the company. I can’t say enough about how great the management is. They are supportive, offer training and never get bothered when you ask questions. If management is stressed they don’t show it or take it out on employees which has been a problem at my previous employers. They are very professional yet caring and approachable. I would highly recommend working for CCMSI.
Pros
7.5 hr day + 10 elective days + 10 vacation days + paid holidays + insurance
Excellent organization that was committed to their clients and their employees.
Claim Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 23, 2018
Very pleasant work environment. Management was very supportive and showed real appreciation for the staff. I would highly recommend this employer. If my dedicated client had not left, I would still be there!
Terrible
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 10, 2018
Poor management. Sweatshop atmosphere. Lots of favoritism. Don't care about the customer. Back stabbing between co-workers. High turnover. Very dishonest company.
Pros
It is a job
Cons
Everything else
Great people and stressful job
Claims Intern (Former Employee) –  Danville, ILJanuary 10, 2018
Show up and have to check emails and voicemail. Look for claims to set up. Check if you need to work or read from your internship book. Check with you manager to see what is needed for the day. Set up claims, call people to do statements or calling for more information on the claim. I learned that working claims is not for everyone. You hear a lot of stories and it's hard to trust people working in that job. Management can be strict but they only want the best for you and are easy to go and ask questions for. Hardest part was trying to meet deadlines and not getting full cooperation from people can cause a lot of stress. Best part was the people I worked with. They made the job a lot more fun and were down to earth group and wanted the best for everyone.
Pros
Helping management, coworkers
Cons
Stressful
CCMSI placed too many states at a time on their adjusters desk
Sr. Workers Compensation Adjuster (Former Employee) –  maitland flNovember 21, 2017
There was never standing behind the adjusters and the clients. There were too many states to handle on the desk at a time. I have nothing else to say about CCMSI

Want to know more about CCMSI?

Ask a question
Great place to work. Manager is awesome
Claim Representative (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSSeptember 16, 2017
I have nothing but good things to say about CCMSI. The environment was laid back. The only thing is that while I was handling medical only claims, I had a very large volume of claims and it was hard to keep up.
Pros
Laid back and great morale.
Cons
I have nothing bad to say about CCMSI
Fun and relaxed
Underwriter I (Current Employee) –  Danville, ILSeptember 11, 2017
Fun and relaxed environment. They offer a great compensation package and are flexible when it comes to work. I enjoy working for this company and plan on this being my "home" for many years.
Professional and productive work place.
Regional Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wakefield, MASeptember 11, 2017
The most difficult part of the job is working with different personalities who demonstrate the same commitment to the company.

The most enjoyable part of my job is analyzing data. I love receiving multi line spreadsheets and summarizing data for management.
Relaxed and Friendly
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Danville, ILSeptember 2, 2017
This is a place where questions are encouraged and a friendly face is around every corner. As a data analyst, my job requirements were fairly relaxed and easily maintainable.
My Review
Workers Compensation Claims Processing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHAugust 31, 2017
It's a good company to get your foot in the door, but it wasn't the company I wanted to be at for the long term. Since the company is ESOP, you really only earn retirement money if you become a lifer. Even after working there for over a year and a half, I was not compensated fairly and any talk of advancement was wishy washy. The people I worked with were like family, but there were also some passive aggressiveness going on and you were never expected to help people out on their claims.
Great place
Client Service Regional Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAJuly 27, 2017
Great place to work.. Wonderful Managers and supervisors
Everyone willing to help and would recommend this company to anyone
Learned a lot during my time there
Claims Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 19, 2017
Managing Workers Compensation Claims 160-170 pending claims. Determined compensability and liability of lost time and medical only claims. Reviewed and collect recorded statements and medical records. Analyze case value, proper reserving and appropriate resolution for claims. Investigate and settle pro se and attorney represented claims

Good Place to work, too many things going on, It's what I expected.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Wonderful place to work
Lost Time Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 6, 2017
I have gained so much knowledge working for CCMSI, they have provided me with a stepping stone to further my career. I have enjobyed my time here and I am very sad to have to leave.
A great, growing company to work for
Claims Representative (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 10, 2016
A typical day is fast paced and ever changing.

I had an amazing supervisor with years of experience that taught me the foundation of the work comp industry.
Good job and good place to work.
Senior Claim Consultant (Current Employee) –  Wakefield, MAAugust 27, 2016
Excellent work environment, good training available, co-workers are awesome, vacation and benefits package is one of the best. I would recommend working for this company to anyone who might be interested.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CCMSI. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight