CCS Medical Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Distributor Sales
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  N. CaliforniaAugust 13, 2018
Working for CCS Medical provided the opportunity to represent all of the leading medical device companies offering solutions for helping people better manage their blood sugars. Coming from a sales positions where I represent the manufacturers, I found that representing a distributor to be a little less rewarding.
Friendly work enviroment
Medical Billing Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJuly 22, 2018
I enjoyed the 8 years I spend at CCS Medical. I feel the staff I worked with were friendly helpful and organized. The salary rate was little low for work load.
Pros
Friendly enviromnet
Cons
salary rate
History
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYJuly 13, 2018
CCS had the potential to be an amazing organization, but unfortunately there were bad business decisions made along the way. Ultimately, the organization ran out of money, lied and/or withheld information from its loyal employees, and had to close its doors. Thousands of patients and employees were left without their doctors, their jobs, their security. It was a sad situation.
Stressful, low appreciation, strict attendance policy, no chance for advancement
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJuly 2, 2018
I was excited to be able to gain a position at CCS medical with little to no healthcare experience. This position is extremely stressful and the company has a huge turnover. I now understand why. if you are in the patient advocate position, you will be basically a scapegoat for a company that will let you go at the drop of a hat. There is no chance of advancement and patients are normally upset by the time they get to your phone due to the insane hold time, which is due to under staffing.You are a number when you work here and the learning curve is not long enough. If you have emotions and care about people this job will destroy you emotionally. I have heard of several people going home crying due to the emotional abuse you face with patients. For such a huge work load , I am confused on how easily they let people go.
benefits
Cons
stressful work conditions, verbal abuse from patients, little management help
Fun place to work and they cared about their employees
Revenue cylce specialist (Former Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXJune 27, 2018
The hardest part of the job was in the change of leadership. A typical day was great because we cared about each other and supported each other. If one team member suffered we would come together and support them. Culture was a company that made sure the employees were happy and they use to provide healthy snacks daily along with drinks coffee, juices, soda at no cost. I learned how to multi-task and learn how to work on many different states Medicaid as well as learning how to correct and process the claims according to the State rules and laws. I enjoyed that VERY much, challenge!
Pros
Compassion, great leadership, lunches, bonuses, awards and support
Cons
Breaks changed when management changed, atmosphere was not good anymore
Horrible place to work
Cash Application Specialist (Former Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXJune 26, 2018
Management is terrible. No raises. Benefits are a joke. Unhappy employees. Vacation time is poor should be more PTO time given. Stressful work environment. Director of Revenue Cycle is a horrible person. My advice to anyone is : Do not work here.
not recommended
Senior Corporate Recruiter/Administrator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 5, 2018
stressful atmosphere, unapproachable management,non-flexible schedules, no advancement opportunities, nice offices, good benefits, good pay (combat pay)
Call Center
Document Specialist (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAMay 7, 2018
Documentation specialist - I was needed to review each form and make sure it was filled out completely so that the next dept would be able to fulfill the customers needs such as diabetic supplies. If something was not completed would have to reach out to doctor and speak to nurse if needed something corrected. The most enjoyable part of the day would to know that all of my papers were done and completed.
not a place i would go back to
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAMay 1, 2018
CCS Medical is not a place I would want to go back and work at. There was always some kind of drama with the technicians and the pharmacist were all into the drama.
Excellent work environment
Registered Nurse/Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 17, 2018
Understanding management, encourage advancement, rewards individuals for jobs well done. Excellent learning environment. Listens to suggestions to improve the work environment.
Pros
+Good Management
Cons
Short on staff
Production driven.
Revenue Cycle Specialist (Former Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXApril 3, 2018
Production driven and have to be organiized to reach productive. I enjoyed working here because i was able to do several projects which help my growth.
terrible management
Revenue Analyst Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 3, 2018
No place to advance. Turn over high due to unhappy employees. No change to learn anything new. Unable to use skills or branch out to other positions. Multiple CEOs and officer turnover.
Pros
vacation
Cons
salary terrible with no raises.
Be prepared to be used and laid off.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLApril 2, 2018
Poor Management. Sucking up environment. I was employed here for two months on a temp to perm position. They offer no training , just sitting with another rep picked by the manager who is Not a trainer.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Everything else
Very stressful due to clientele
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Tucker prison in Tucker ArApril 1, 2018
Became increasingly dangerous due to lack of ADC security (i.e. Assaults). I enjoyed the time spent there but in the past year drastic changes made were not in our best interest.
Pros
Live close to
Cons
Dangerous setting
Keep Trucking!
INSURANCE VERIFICATION SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMarch 14, 2018
Worked there over 7 years. When I first started it was fine. After they went bankrupt we had a new CEO every year. Terrible Dont go there! Leadership will not train you and expect you to just get the job done.
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
Managers are rude! To much micro managing. You're treated like a child!
productivity driven environment
Revenue Cycle Specialist (Former Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXMarch 6, 2018
The most enjoyable experience was learning about the different type of equipment used to help patient manage their condition at home. Management was good about communicating their expectation and we were equipped with the information to achieve expectation.
wonderful learning experience
AR Rep II (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLFebruary 15, 2018
The company is a great dme company has has a complete teaching system for the new associates to become acquainted wit with . pen environment and positive feedback.
Pros
team spirit
Cons
non
Fast-paced work environment
Team Lead/Quality Analyst/Documentation/Sales (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAFebruary 14, 2018
CCS Medical is a very fast-paced work environment that does offer opportunities for advancement to those talented individuals with a great work ethic.
Very fast pace enviornment
Medical Assistant PRN (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 8, 2018
Fast paced all the time learn something new everyday about the people you meet not the work Pay is alright could be better but other than that its easy
assisting patients with the diabetic medical needs
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJanuary 4, 2018
CCS Medical had decent benefits. The Christmas parties were outstanding. Constant changes were inevitable. I learned a lot about diabetic medical supplies. This included insulin pumps, meters, as well as medications. When walk in customers were having trouble with their supplies I troubleshot for them. That was my most enjoyable part of the job. Knowing that I could personally help someone, as well as making sure they had what they needed each order per their insurance policy. The hardest part of the job was leaving.
Pros
helping patients with their needs
Cons
leaving tthe company