CDK Global Employee Reviews

Moving Jobs to Overseas to reduce cost
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 16, 2018
The overseas employees doesn't have any business knowledge of US Automotive Industry. Moving jobs from US will hurt company bad very soon. There is no real product innovation. The company is trying to re-skin old product to look like new. There is no new product innovation and development.
Pros
Some time work from home
Cons
No career growth. no product innovation; people are waiting to leave company
Great People Being Rooted Out By Pathetic Management
Software Engineer 1 (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILJuly 14, 2018
Management has no idea how to run a software company. They just cut engineering in the US and have India teams maintain product. Not much company left
Pros
Good food, open environment, great engineers
Cons
Poor management, no promotions, no communication from management
Good learning experience
Network Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 13, 2018
CDK was good for training and learning new skills.They wherr very good with assisting in job related education.However they have several departments that do not communicate with each other that have a trickle down effect that goes all the way ro the customer
Pros
Emplpyee activities
Cons
Expensive health care
Too much info
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 13, 2018
CDK does not know how to treat their longtime employees or Clients( still try 60 months contracts); I was with ADP for 20 years, released, brought back for seven months then part of a R.I.F....
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Job security
Terrible Management
Implementation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 9, 2018
There is a lot of turnover at CDK as people move up to bigger and better jobs in the Seattle tech industry (Amazon, Microsoft, etc.) because of this leadership at CDK is some of the worst I've ever seen - the bottom of the barrel. Meetings fall through, emails are answered maybe 25% of the time, projects/deadlines get pushed back, etc. Communication is not CDK Management's forte.
Pros
Decent campus
Cons
No parking, long commute
Terrible company
Senior Client Technical Analyst IV (Former Employee) –  worked from homeJuly 7, 2018
This company laid off 1500+ people I had worked for them for 21 years and planned to retire there, but unless I moved to Ohio I would be laid off. I live in Myrtle Beach and grew up in Michigan..there was no way I was going back north.

All they care about is the bottom line.
Think twice before getting comfortable!
Client Tech Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 29, 2018
Former employee! Was told I wasn't the right fit for the company 2 days after my QA scores were very good. So not sure if it was a racial thing or what.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Management is not approachable!!!
A pretty nice place to work, but not for me.
IMPLEMENTATION SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 28, 2018
I had a 3 month contract at CDK, during which time I had an intensive 5 week training period. I learned a great deal and got paid for it, which was really nice. When training was complete however, they didn't have their project ready, and I spent nearly 2 months sitting at my desk trying to stay awake. I was not in the proper role, as I am usually a Project Manager and I saw their PM team struggle to meet any deadline, despite having some intelligent people working there.
I can't really describe my day, as I spent it all just reading or surfing the web while I waited for assignments to come.
The people at CDK were amazingly nice, I always felt welcomed, even as a contractor, and there was always someone willing to help me with something that I didn't know. I would definitely love to work there again, in a different capacity. The office was perfectly located at a major transit hub and above a train station. There was an amazing observation deck overlooking Elliot bay that I wish I had taken more photos from.
With some organizational improvements, CDK could very well be one of the top places to work in Seattle.
Pros
Swag, great location in downtown Seattle, Welcoming and nice coworkers.
Cons
Lack of work.
Great Manager
Data Entry Clerk Customer Service Call Center (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILJune 22, 2018
I had a great manager and loved the work.Every position was temporary position however my last assignment was to be a permanent position, Due to downsizing I was laid off
Pros
Casual dress
Cons
Was promised full time however jobs went to India
Good first job
Account Advocate (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 20, 2018
Good opportunity for new college grads. However there is no place for growth. Good to get your foot in the door the the auto industry. Poor employee appreciation.
CDK Has Lost their Direction
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILJune 5, 2018
CDK used to be a great place to work prior to new CEO in 2016. Benefits were better than average, flexible work hours, zero company debt and promotions from within. It was a great place to grow and feel you were helping your clients. After new CEO, majority of mid and senior leadership were were let go or forced out and replaced by external candidates. Constant rotation of management is challenging and loss of tenured management & leadership gives a sense of no company direction and lack of client understanding.
Pros
Teams were great to work with
Cons
Upper management out of touch with the teams doing the work, Teams work in silos versus collaborating with teams outside of their business function
Budget and bottom line focused - at the expense of employees
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 24, 2018
Was an amazing place to work, But over the last few years culture and employee morale has been on a decline. Too many staff reductions, budget cuts, and good people leaving.

Typical day of work is dozens of meetings - limited time for work, forcing project completion into the evening and sometimes weekends.

Very sad decline. Some good people are still here - and the real value of the job.
Pros
Commuting passes, great location, bagels and special events
Cons
Too many meetings, too few people, no budgets, overloaded dev teams
CDK Global Is Not Bad
Program Manager, Ops Security & Bus Continuity (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 22, 2018
CDK Global has a good culture. It is trying to catch up with technology and business trends. It's a large company with a small company feel. They have a few perks (bagel days) and an adequate (not great) benefits package.
Pros
National company
Cons
Currently in transition
Disliked my time with CDK
Senior Account Advocate (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 22, 2018
I felt as if I were Fred Flinstone going to work, punching a clock and going home. There were no opportunities for advancement and you were held to crazy critical results.
Not for Everyone.
Virtual Implementation Consultant (Former Employee) –  Home BasedMay 10, 2018
CDK Global was a fun place to work in general, and I loved working from home, but I was put in awkward positions on a couple occasions that I asked for help or support with but didn't receive.
Pros
Remote, good pay and benefits.
Cons
Management support.
Fun and flexible place to work
Learning Coordinator II (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 7, 2018
This is only based on my department, the team is fun, honest and flexible to work with, hoewever, others areas are more stressful.

They have fun activities during the year, but they are cutting slowly those activities.

The health insurance was better too and two years ago they change it to a hight deductible insurance
Pros
Monday beagles and Friday food trucks
Cons
Health care
Terrible management terrible training
Performance Manager (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILMay 6, 2018
I was a contractor assigned to CDK. I felt unwanted from the first day! Manager pushed me off to two people that were the worst trainers imaginable!! No printed learning material and the courses on line were of little help. First manager was replaced after I was there 3 weeks. Next Manager was never available for help or advice. As. Contractor I got no benefits! Not paid for Christmas Day or New Year’s Day. Ended up having to pay approximately 38% Self Employment payroll tax. They told me I would be traveling out of town 2 days a week which ended up being 4 days a week. They have an inordinate amount of IT problems which takes days, weeks and months with little or no resolution. Too big for their own good!!
Pros
Can’t think of any
Cons
Poor training, poor management, no benefits. Tell you one thing but never follow through on their promises
Productive fast pace agile environment
Regional Support Specialist/QA Tester (remote) (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILMay 4, 2018
Knowledge is King, with hundreds of applications it takes several years to feel comfortable with all the different functions available to the client, both standard and custom functions.
Fun place to work at with ping pong table and friendly co-workers.
Software Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 1, 2018
I would recommend to work at CDK Global if you are interested in the automotive industry. It is a friendly place to work at with good management. There are socials and ping pong each day.
Pros
Friendly workers
Uncertainty, Worry, and Stress
Client Technical Analyst (Former Employee) –  Norwood, OHApril 26, 2018
General lack of communication, advancement hamperd at many opportunities, constant and seldom clear changes, and little feeling of job security - combined with a generally high-stress job, there is unfortunately less to like than to not like.

It's a job, and you could do much worse, but you could also do much better.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CDK Global. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

60%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

40%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss