CDK Global
Happiness rating is 58 out of 100

CDK Global Employee Reviews

United States453 reviews

adpglobalindiadealershiplayoffspindealerbagel

Management supports staff. Flexible schedule.

Management is supportive and competent. Work from home is possible depending on job.Extensive travel depending on position. Good company going through growing pains = culture change. Good benefits.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Travel

Good people, plenty of opportunities

Worked in R & D and programing group. Good people with good comradery developed by mid level management. Higher management had a different agenda and didn't care how personnel moves affected morale. Interesting place to work with plenty of opportunities for lateral movement into a specialty you really liked. Office staff made you feel welcome.

Pros

Nice office, free coffee, break room, and a gym.

Cons

Office Location and lack of parking.

CDK Global insights

What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Trust in colleagues

Inclusive work force and flexible scheduling

Training was fun and prepared me for the variety of scenarios we would experience on the phones. It can feel isolated at times since we work from home, but the management team does their best to make everyone feel appreciated while also managing a large team.

Overall, an excellent place to work

I enjoy the ability to work at home and enjoy the pace of the position. There are opportunities for advancement, but you do need to work hard in your position and seek opportunities to stand out, as with any company. I would certainly recommend the company.

I Don't Recommend Very Unrealistic and Low Pay

From the moment I finished the interview I just felt this place was off. If you are reading this I am going to do my best to explain why a lot of people didn't like it there. First off, the job may say Customer Service Rep but really I was an Appointment Setter which is basically Inside/Outside Sales with their own version of incentives. Problem is you are to represent over 100 dealerships you simply don't know much about. The only thing they care about is you do not mess up any dealership's names when it immediately prompts on a new call (with no hold button mind you) because they want you to pretend that you are well versed with each dealership and are up to speed when in actuality you don't know anything at all and are just trying to book as many appointments as possible for them to come in person so that the car dealer there can close a sale.This place is insanely script base. When you are in customer service, one of the biggest things is having solid product knowledge to help problem solve for servicing customers. We didn't know anything about anything outside of this giant packet they send you that had a bunch of scenarios of customers asking specific questions on being hesitant to drive out of state to not be guaranteed the car they want is even there and your scripted responses are so robotic that when my class roleplayed in break out rooms we all laughed heck even my family said they would just hang up on me if I said these things. And a very extensive number code system you had to add on your after call where if you put the wrong number it's a possibility for immediate -

Pros

Benefits, Co-Workers

Cons

Legitimately Everything Else

Positive team culture but like pushing a mountain up a mountain mostly

Got out when I could. Stressful. Some really excellent folks at this company. This place is a challenge for everyone. It is a buggins turn at times in that it's difficult to advance. All lip service on that front. Right about the time I burned out from a toxic manager and culture after six years, we were given a wonderful new manager, but I was to the point that I just needed to leave. I hope things are better than when I was there. It was a lot of lip service and no real progress. Way too much work for the amount of time we were given, forced to cut important corners, forced to compromise in ways that set us and customers up to fail. Our old manager was let go right after I left the company. it should have happened earlier. This is a man who berated us behind closed doors and set us up to fail, while praising us and putting on a good show, when others were present for the very things we were essentially punished for when no one was there to hear it. It was confusing and duplicitous, and turnover on our team was high. I don't ever want to go back. Never.

Difficult to Advance without massive personal sacrifice

Denied transfer to another team when expressing dissatisfaction with current position.Moving up in the company requires most of the work to be done on your own free time with little to no help from management.

Pros

Decent benefits, most roles are WFH.

Cons

Too KPI focused, unwilling to keep committed employees

Best place I’ve worked in a long time

I’ve worked plenty of jobs and this is the first one where the managers care about you and your day to day, bonus is easy to get if you do what your trained, plenty of opportunity for growth and different places to work, if one campaign doesn’t work there’s plenty more, managers and team leaders are super straightforward, you know exactly what your gonna get.

Pros

Move up quickly, fun, entertaining

Cons

Slow, dragging

Horrible

They are a very uptight company and they micro manage you. They do not give you time to learn the ropes in training at all They start writing new hires up.

Ok place

Incredible coworkers. Travel can be a hassle but it’s all paid for. Some clients can be tough to deal with. There are lots of changing processes. Some of the software needs to be updated .

Pros

Great coworkers. Friendly management

Cons

Constant changing internal processes

All about share holder value

It starts out good but they start micro managing .They like to blame you for things out of your control .Turning into your regular call Center job. Quality control is employee control . Management is terrible some are ok but even if your a top performer they find ways to blame the victim They are always saying they are fixing things but they are not . What they are doing is building security for management by using tools to help customers to manage employee turn.My family owns a bunch of dealers that is why I got into cDK … but they are frustrated and angry now because they know what is actually happening .It could be a great company but they are building empires not companies that treat their employees with respect .

great career

I love working for this company, awesome benefits, unlimited vacation time, and great managers who mentor you. I have learned and grown a lot throughout my career here.

A decent place to work

The new attendance policy is a point system, You will get a .5 if not working 100% full scheduled shift. ALOT of technical issues, Pay is ok. Not alot of support from higher team members. Calls are not back to back in inboud. Outbound calls are back to back. Overall its a decent place to work

Great place to work to further career in automotive implementation, training and support.

if you like to travel, have any experience in the car dealership business, and good training skills, you would love starting with CDK as a Business Solutions Consultant.

Pros

travel

Cons

travel

Great work place

I only gave work and home life three star more so my reason. If u can balance working from your home this is a perfect well paying job. Good hourly rate and bonus. Must be able to handle rude people every so often in a professional manor. I recommend being quick with typing and also being able to type without looking.

Stressful and lacking in human compassion

There is a high turnover rate at this job and I can see why now, lack of support and extremely stressful causing the employee to quit or stop caring. Pay is low, bonuses are non-existent, management support and communication is a joke, and employee well being is only worried about once you give your two weeks notice. Not to mention the Pulse surveys every week that do nothing to change the current climate of complete disregard for employees. When you are in need of guidance and support you will not find a manager or team lead, leaving you to depend on other employees of equal pay grade for help. You will not be compensated for any work you do unless you are actively on the dialer system, so any IT issues have to be taken care of on your own time and dime. They lack human compassion for anyone with a disability, and could care less if you need anything. Being yelled at daily by the customer's customer is not worth what they pay or how you are treated.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Pay, attendance policy, management

Disorganized and unclear work policies

The training is not complete and it's a self taught sink or swim mentality. A lot of the material provided was bare bones and is second hand knowledge. There are not any official procedure docs. Time off is at the managers discretion and is restricted by the time between requests. This includes time taken for medical needs. The work load is heavy without the adequate time or tools to complete the caseload. Teammates are kind and willing to provide assistance but burnout is rampant. Most senior team members have been there less than two years and Management has been there less than one.

Complicated and Lack of support

Very complicated software . Not technical support . It is support for accounting problems that arise in accounting / inventory software . The training is a bait and switch … so was the job title and interview . Should be upfront and say this is accounting and we expect you to know accounting . Too fast paced for the complexity .They don’t care about the customer at all … They don’t care about the employee at all …Wages too low gas is 5 to 7$ a gallon … housing has doubled and they are pay wages from 6 years ago … Found another job in actualTechnical support and it sustain so it’s an adult job handled by adults as opposed to a call center which cDK is putting all their efforts into making it a regular dumb downed call cneter with hall the call Center blame the victim tools … stay away

Cons

Job expectations are ridiculous

Would not recommend

I used to really enjoy my job as a csr here. Lately not so much. You cannot make a living working here. Management contradicts themselves making my job more difficult. Top performers are not appreciated at all. It seems the better you perform the more difficult management makes it for you to achieve bonuses that make the work worthwhile. Last year I would have recommended anyone to work for this company, now I would not.

Low pay and high turnover.

Low pay and high turnover. Unrealistic metrics. Low pay raises. Basically customer service. You do have the opportunity to work from home. The computer systems aren’t the best.

CDK seemed like it was moving in the right direction.

CDK seemed like it was moving in the right direction. I believe it is what you make of it. Certain departments of the company have higher turn over rates for a reason.

Common questions about CDK Global

Answered by current and former employees at CDK Global

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CDK Global. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

2.7Fairygodboss Score

43%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

29%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss