CDK Global

United States484 reviews

Clear
3.3Pay & Benefits

adpglobalindiadealershiplayoffspindealerbagel

Management supports staff. Flexible schedule.

Management is supportive and competent. Work from home is possible depending on job.Extensive travel depending on position. Good company going through growing pains = culture change. Good benefits.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Travel

Was great then fell apart when previous CEO returned

Was great then fell apart when previous CEO returned. All the rumors I had heard about him were true, just keep chopping staff until profits are maximized. I really enjoyed the job the first 2.5 years, great culture, great work life balance, decent pay ok perks and solid benefits. But once executive team one by one we’re replaced you knew it would trickle down to everyone else and it did. Great while it lasted.

Pros

Free lunch on Wednesday unlimited pto

Cons

Return of the previous ceo and immediate cuts.

CDK Global insights

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Sense of belonging

No job security and money

Place lays people off about every year it seems like, morale is at all time low and there's no end in site. Management cares about there free over keeping folks employees and customers satisfied.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Layoffs, lack of oay and raises, management caring more about money then employees and customers

Good place to work.

I had a wonderful experience working at CDK. Benefits were good, salaries on the average side, leadership is generally good. Job security seemed tentative.

N/a

Take calls all day while they watch you on zoom like it is helpful just to micromanage you do not work here. The pay is bad and they want you to get people inside of the dealership with no real benefits for them

Ok place

It’s okay place to work with average pay, very repetitive, not much help Is available when you need it. I would recommend as a temporary place to work

Great Benefits; Lots of role redundancy in Sales

Great people and personalities. Benefits are a little in the high side but well rounded for all. Sales and marketing could be better aligned. Lots of unnecessary fragmentation among the sales roles with little marketing product to support it.

Overall a good place to work

Lots of good things going on a CDK, salary and benefits were comparable to the industry, they did the RIGHT things during COVID to keep employees safe and have now made work a home permanent and they have made some great strides to address both values and DEI. On the flip side some of the products need a wholehearted refresh, the organizations is particularly silo'd, and following the recent acquisition and rehire of a former CEO the group is generally nervous. I'm sure this storm will settle.

Poor training.

Every team I worked with appreciated my work ethics. I took pride in being willing to help my client and always being available. Although, I had informed my manager that I didnt feel I had the ability to go as far as leading a project, I never refused to attempt it. I get asked to attend a meeting with my manager and a witness asking me to sign a document stating that I was unwilling to train advisors and parts department clients. This was very far from the truth. When asking why, my manager stated that this was because my daily narrative was not complete. In the three years i was employed at CDK, I was never told that my narrative was incomplete. This is poor management. My coworkers were always excited to have me on their projects because I was a very valuable asset on projects. I feel this letter I unwillingly signed was the cause of me being one of only three CDK implementation consultants recently laid off. This was a poor decision and definitely unfair.

Pros

Great coworkers and fantastic benefits

Cons

Lack of proper training

Great co-workers, uncertain future, pay does not match what you do

Great benefits and great team members. But the pay is comparable to flipping burgers. You have constant training and are trusted with sensitive material. Your scoring is based on a system that does not allow you to adapt to your clients moods/needs. You are timed for everything you do and so are constantly juggling while trying to do good work and maintain a healthy relationship with our clients. Promises for promotions are always there but are rarely seen. More likely to be forced laterally for no pay increase for starting over but at a rate less than completely new hires, so that they can fill gaps. I recently saw this happen to some good workers. You are not safe if you apply for this position for reasons to fit your own needs. You may have to work another job will not fit you as far as your interests, work schedule, or other needs.

Pros

Good benefits that start right away, great co-workers

Cons

Pay is low, Promise things that will not happen. Forced to start over laterally, Raises are one per year and low.

Could be better

The benefits are great, hard to beat a somewhat unlimited PTO system but the call volume and the inability to retain employees makes work harder. Management needs to be more supportive as well.

I Don't Recommend Very Unrealistic and Low Pay

From the moment I finished the interview I just felt this place was off. If you are reading this I am going to do my best to explain why a lot of people didn't like it there. First off, the job may say Customer Service Rep but really I was an Appointment Setter which is basically Inside/Outside Sales with their own version of incentives. Problem is you are to represent over 100 dealerships you simply don't know much about. The only thing they care about is you do not mess up any dealership's names when it immediately prompts on a new call (with no hold button mind you) because they want you to pretend that you are well versed with each dealership and are up to speed when in actuality you don't know anything at all and are just trying to book as many appointments as possible for them to come in person so that the car dealer there can close a sale.This place is insanely script base. When you are in customer service, one of the biggest things is having solid product knowledge to help problem solve for servicing customers. We didn't know anything about anything outside of this giant packet they send you that had a bunch of scenarios of customers asking specific questions on being hesitant to drive out of state to not be guaranteed the car they want is even there and your scripted responses are so robotic that when my class roleplayed in break out rooms we all laughed heck even my family said they would just hang up on me if I said these things. And a very extensive number code system you had to add on your after call where if you put the wrong number it's a possibility for immediate -

Pros

Benefits, Co-Workers

Cons

Legitimately Everything Else

Difficult to Advance without massive personal sacrifice

Denied transfer to another team when expressing dissatisfaction with current position.Moving up in the company requires most of the work to be done on your own free time with little to no help from management.

Pros

Decent benefits, most roles are WFH.

Cons

Too KPI focused, unwilling to keep committed employees

great career

I love working for this company, awesome benefits, unlimited vacation time, and great managers who mentor you. I have learned and grown a lot throughout my career here.

Great place to work to further career in automotive implementation, training and support.

if you like to travel, have any experience in the car dealership business, and good training skills, you would love starting with CDK as a Business Solutions Consultant.

Pros

travel

Cons

travel

Great work place

I only gave work and home life three star more so my reason. If u can balance working from your home this is a perfect well paying job. Good hourly rate and bonus. Must be able to handle rude people every so often in a professional manor. I recommend being quick with typing and also being able to type without looking.

Low pay and high turnover.

Low pay and high turnover. Unrealistic metrics. Low pay raises. Basically customer service. You do have the opportunity to work from home. The computer systems aren’t the best.

Great working atmosphere, traveling is a pain sometimes. A overall great place to work and the benefits are great. The pay is way to low.

The pay for an account advocate is way to low. They expect you to work about 70 hours a week and travel Monday through Friday leaving at 4-5am and getting home at 6-7pm. Joining meetings answering emails and sometimes you fly to a location and then have to drive 2-3 hours. Overwork underpaid start you at $50,000. This position should start minimum $70,000 and that’s on the low end.

Long days at the call center,

If you like to be sitting down and talk to people this is for you. You’ll find out quick if the job is for you or not. You get trained and paid for it. Great help but very repeating.

Pros

Bonus pay, weekend pay, Pto, holiday pay, fun crew members, fun team leaders, paid training

Cons

Short breaks, strict schedule, non flexible managers

Wonderful management but constant calls

Management it great, pay has increased , benefits are good, but the calls themselves have change and once you are in inbound it is difficult to get out. Starting out there were a bunch of appointment calls and it changed to majority of people wanting to speak to managers and getting yelled at for 20 minutes affectively killing your times. The workplace is wonderful but the incentives for times and appointments need to change based on recent calls. Would recommend for management, they really seem to care.

Pros

Management, work from home, hour lunch, callout pay.

Cons

Majority angry callers

travell

It was pretty cool working here you get to travel all the time, they're very accommodating you get to know all new places and such, lots of airports

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CDK Global. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at CDK Global.
Powered byComparably