CDN Logistics, Inc. Employee Reviews

Poor planners and dispatchers
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Northlake, ILOctober 12, 2018
Eventhough the driver pays for fuel & truck payment, they give you low miles. A driver cant live on driving 2100 miles a week. They could care less. Safety is okay but cant do anything.
Pros
Cons
Poor planners & nutcase dispatchers
October 16, 2018

While it is unfortunate you had problems with your dispatcher, we have an open door policy where you can voice your concerns and allow management to attempt to make things right for you. We have more than enough freight for CDN drivers to hit at least 3,000 miles per week. There must have been other circumstances surrounding your lack of miles. Give us a call and we can address your concerns and improve where we can. Good luck to you and stay safe!

Terrible experience
Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 22, 2018
I would not recommend any driver ever go work here . Your pay will never be right if you don’t live In Chicago your never gonna get a load home very hostile dispatch just a horrible experience
Pros
Cons
Everything is a lie
October 16, 2018

All drivers end up at the terminal frequently and are able to speak with payroll if there are issues or concerns. My experience is that the payroll and settlement departments do everything to provide information on your settlements and deductions so you can see and understand your pay. As long as you live within the hiring area, getting you home should not be a problem. Drivers are typically out 10-14 days and home 2-3 days. When you were hired on, you are able to speak with your dispatcher in person and they ask you specifically what your goals are and where you don't want to go. In that meeting, they can tell you what you can expect from them regarding getting loads home. If you can give us a call, we can get to the bottom of your issues with hostile dispatchers. There is no place for that here, and we would like to address it. We are always trying to improve and your feedback would help greatly for your fellow drivers and your peace of mind, knowing we do care about your feelings and opinions. Good luck and stay safe!

Good place to work for
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Northlake, ILAugust 19, 2018
As being an owner operator - it was a great starter point for me - I would of stayed if they offered benefits - the workplace was good and it was a pleasure to work for them
October 16, 2018

Thank you for the glowing endorsement! We understand your reasoning on benefits. Were you informed of the benefits you could purchase through one of our partners. From an industry standpoint, most logistics and transportation companies do not provide benefits to Independent Contractors. Were you able to find a company that did provide them to you as an Independent Contractor? We thank you again for the compliment and hope you are doing well.

o/o company mainly
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Northlake, ILAugust 6, 2018
I believe I shouldn't have been let go for what they let me go for was my truck and I paid the insurance ect... I would work for them again but be on my p's and q's with em
October 16, 2018

If you would like to work things out, please give us a call and we can definitely see what we can do! You never know until you give it a shot!

Not the greatest
Trailer Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Northlake, ILFebruary 6, 2018
They kind of just keep the mechanics in the back and forget about them. Lots of micromanagement from the manager and very low pay. Very high hours and you will work outside mostly, even in the winter. No real breakroom for the mechanics. The breakroom were expected to use is far away and dominated by like 30 forklift drivers. They don't pay over time until after 50 hours, not 40. Mechanica also don't have a real bathroom. W have a couple of permanent Porta potties for us in a tent. Depressing place.
Pros
Nothing really
Cons
Pay, environment
driver at CDN logistics
Owner Operator (Former Employee) –  Northlake, IL 60164November 30, 2017
My daily work load at CDN Logistics inc after being dispatched was to make my pick up and delivery on time in a safe manner. I was also responsible to maintain my equipment.
Pros
being able to travel
Cons
away from home for a long period of time
good environment, will accomodate if you need time off good place to work
Equipment Coordinator/Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 16, 2017
Good place to work, managers are easy to talk to, they will accommodate if you need some time off will try to work around your schedule. they are always looking to make they company fun like Halloween costume competition company picnic and different other fun stuff
Thieves
Owner Operator Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Northlake, ILAugust 14, 2017
The people with this company were thieves. They gave you no fuel discount & no per diem, and the rate per mile was very low & you didn't get many miles
October 17, 2018

After reading your comments and researching, I found the information that pertains to your concerns. We'll start with the thieves comment. Not giving a fuel discount or Per Diem do not fall into the category of theft. That being said,

1. We provide and have provided fuel discounts for some time now. Last year, 2017, we utilized Pilot/Flying J as a preferred vendor offering $.14/off per gallon at the pump. We have since moved to Loves and have the same discount. If you used a different vendor that we didn't have an agreement with, then there is no discount to give.

2. In December 2017, President Trump signed the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act into law. Before its inception, trucking tax experts predicted that the tax overhaul would eliminate the Per Diem allowance for truckers that receive a W-2 in 2018.
The law removed the allowance for most industries not just the trucking world. However, it left a special provision in place for business owners, where owner-operators fall, that allows individuals subject to Hours of Service (HOS) regulations to deduct 80 percent of the Per Diem rate from their taxes. Since the provision is intact, the Per Diem allowance effectively remains unchanged for owner-operators, or self-employed truck drivers that receive a 1099. If you are an actual W-2 employee driver, you cannot take the Per Diem per sec 1312 of the new tax code. All business expenses associated with employees have been eliminated from Sch 2106 on Sch A of the 1040. The allowance enables only self-employed or owner-operator drivers to receive a standard amount for each day they  more... are away from home to cover meal expenses. Since Per Diem is technically a reimbursement, owner-operators can deduct up to 80 percent of Per Diem pay from their taxable income per sec 1312 of the new tax code. Here is a link to fact check this information.

When you were hired on, you knew what the rates were. Furthermore, we have more than enough freight for CDN drivers to hit at least 3,000 miles per week. There must have been other circumstances surrounding your lack of miles. With our rates, there is no reason you shouldn't have grossed around $4,500/week.

Good luck and stay safe

This is a great company to work for. Company or owner-op
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee) –  Northlake, ILMay 19, 2017
I love CDN and regret leaving them. As a team we were treated great and we lived our dispatcher. He went out of his way to accommodate us when we needed to be home.
Pros
Plenty of loads available. You have to have the ambition to want to make your own way.
Cons
Sometimes brokered loads get in the way of the company's main goal, but they do it to get you to the next pick up.
Challenged and Demanding
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Northlake ILJuly 23, 2015
If you are up to the daily challenges of the fast pace environment and often demands of trucking, this is the right place to be at. you must be able to work under pressure from management, drivers and customers all at once and every day. this is place where you either build trust or be the most hated in this industry, trucking business is the most demanding jobs you can ever get, but once you have everything under control, you will have all type of friends in an industry that can be very rewarding.
Pros
people skills
Cons
too many problems to solve at once.
Work their employees hard with little reward
Safety Department Intern (Former Employee) –  Northlake, ILJanuary 9, 2015
Company is run by people who do not care about their employees whatsoever. Promotions never happen and people are fired monthly.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Too many to list
Highly productive and successful Recruiting and Retention Specialist.
National Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Northlake, ILMay 1, 2014
Highly productive high volume Tractor trailer driver Recruiter and retention Specialist. I work well outside the office, independently as well as 'on premises.

Dedicated to get the job done. Little to no supervision required as I grasp quickly what the company goal is and I know how to reach these goals in a timely effective manner.

I worked as a very successful driver Recruiter for over 20 years, off premises and on premises.

Identifying quality who meet or exceed company and Department of Transportation standards.

Highly organized.

Safety conscious.

I run all of the New Hire required documents, PSP'S, background Investigations, MVR's, examining them closely to be sure the information corresponds with the candidates application.

Work well with Safety and dispatch departments, smooth relationships.

Typically my day starts early morning until I complete that days work load.

I have learned to be detail oriented so as to only spend my time with qualified applicants. I know the appropriate questions to ask.

I make their travel arrangements and insure they are present for the opening of that weeks Orientation.

Communication is the key to working with new and existing divers.

Experienced with Owner Operator recruiting, Lease Purchase recruiting as well as with Company driver recruiter.

Extensive and successful Retention background.
Place is a joke
O/O truck driver (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 28, 2014
All the work you want from and back to Chicago.
No tolls paid
1st 50 miles is free
They do not have your back ,when you have a problem.
DOT rating low, was inspected several times at scales
Pros
Trls in good shape
Cons
Always called at night asking where are you, just stupid
good place to work
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Northlake, ILNovember 22, 2013
plenty of miles, good pay, driver focused, good home time, management was good
This was my favorite job ever
Safety (Former Employee) –  Northlake, ILNovember 19, 2012
co was a challenge, always busy, never a dull moment, and co workers were fun too.
Pros
learned a lot
Cons
company downsized
Hardworking and dependable professional
Terminal Manager (Current Employee) –  Northlake, ILJuly 30, 2012
A Transportation Professional with great "Communication Skills"
Proactive place to work for!
Administrative Assistant, Safety Dept (Former Employee) –  Northlake, ILJuly 5, 2012
Team oriented company that really values their employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CDN Logistics, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about