CDW Employee Reviews

productive and fast paced
TEAM LEADER, SHIPPING (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 9, 2018
As with any job, I'm quite sure all of us prefer if money grew on trees!, but after all my coworkers made it one of my best jobs ever. From the HR department all the way down. Everyone treated you as family
Pros
they randomly paid for us lunch
Cons
the benifits
awesome company
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 6, 2018
i loved working at cdw and will miss my time there. one of the best companies i have worked with.
employees are good and benefits are good.
best work culture.
Meat Grinder
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 5, 2018
Mislead about salary, bad work life balance- Beholden to "partners" and not your customers. Caused ulcers and almost my relationship due to lack of money, travel time and overall stress. A guy even killed himself at that office- Take that for what it is.
Pros
Free Bagels
Cons
stuck in the 80's
Productive Sales Workplace
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Shelton, CTNovember 28, 2018
CDW is a hands off approach when it comes to learning sales. They give you all the tools and bring in all the top vendors in the world to work with you. They teach you how to balance your day very well.
Pros
Free Lunch, Free gifts, Company Outings
Hardest Part of the job
Senior Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 27, 2018
Do not get distracted, there is a lot going on in the rows that make it easy to get distracted from getting any work done. That would be the easiest way to fail.
Pros
Make your own schedule
Ever-changing environment
Custom Configurations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILNovember 26, 2018
I liked working at CDW but felt that I was held back by some members of upper management because I wasn't in their circle of friends or developed in their style.
Benefits
Cons
can be a bit of a boys' club
Cdw does have a small game room
ICAN Research Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILNovember 25, 2018
A typical day at work consisted of ,starting working as soon as you get to your desk. Then work continuously until the end of your shift. Workplace culture is laid back and very clickish. Hardest part of the job was working for supervisor/management that didn't appreciate my hard work, dedication, and did not respect personal boundaries. The most enjoyable part of the job was the little perks and rewards earned.
Pros
You can earn rewards
Cons
Not Being appreciated for the hard work, dedication, and not respecting personal boundaries.
Cdw
Senior Account Manager - Government (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 15, 2018
Highly Sales driven. Turn over is very high. Average goal growth yearly is usually around 18%. Gets harder to make the same money every year. City location is centered.
Pros
Vendors sponsor many events and trips
Cons
CDW itself is taking more and more from the salesperson
Great Company
Partner Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 15, 2018
great company with room to move internally. They continue to own the market and are very strategic in everything they do. The coworkers are great and management overall really knows what is going on.
Pretty laid back but also very corporate
Corporate Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Lincolnshire, ILNovember 12, 2018
I learned selling and more about IT products but ultimately was set up for failure with accounts pulls and team splits. I was in a class that caught the short end of the stick. Also more times that not, most of the account managers with higher books tend to be favorites.
Strong culture, good company overall, some departments not up to par with rest of organization
Manager (Former Employee) –  Lincolnshire, ILNovember 8, 2018
Management does not replace workers when they leave. Or it takes months and months to replace even an entry level employee. A couple of my coworkers were relieved, I got alot of extra work, and management refused to compensate. I respected my work-time and was highly productive and respected by my peers. If I were expected to take on so much extra, I would require compensation. Upon their refusal, I decided 100% to leave.
My direct peers were the best part of this company. The hardest part was working with management.
Pros
Helped further your education, In and outside of the company
Cons
Impossible workload, Not replacing people when they left, Caused way too much stress in an already stressful deadline driven environment, with no reward
Was a Consultant at CDW
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lincolnshire, ILNovember 7, 2018
The company is very accommodating and good to work for. They are very fast-paced. The people are very nice and professional. Their HR department is very competent.
Pros
Bagels/doughnuts on Tuesdays
Ok
Account Manager (Territory Sales) (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 6, 2018
Nothing bad to say ok company to work for great training for associates and leaders. I would recommend this company for people with high levels of self motivation.
Not a diverse environment
Corporate Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Reston, VANovember 5, 2018
not diverse
sketchy pay structure
Partners are who make the company lively, but CDW it's self does nothing for employees
You wont make money for 3 years and you lose your salary after 2 years
Good
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZNovember 5, 2018
Good job, great colleagues!

Great pay and benefits;

Great place to advance your career in the IT field. Would work here again if given the opportunity.
Coworker Technology Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 1, 2018
Good company to work for, great place to work. Good leadership. poor pay. still old fashion and some ways. a good place to grow and better than most places I worked.
Pros
freedom
Cons
pay
CDW contract employee
Configuration Technician (Former Employee) –  Lemont, ILOctober 28, 2018
Repetitive and continuous limited breaks and impossible tasks at times.No push to cross train and learn new material. I was sent by an agency and was treated extremely poor because of that misconception.
Pros
Work
Cons
No advancement possibilities unless you know the right people.
Ok Job
Configurations Technician (Former Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NVOctober 25, 2018
Good learning experience . learned on the fly very good technicians got the job done. pay was low and no progres for promotions. Management changed things too foten
Pros
learned basics of configurations
Cons
Low Pay
It was ok while it lasted.
Configuration Technician (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILOctober 23, 2018
I liked the work and everything so far. Everyone is friendly and cooperative. For me personally I didn't see many negatives. Work kept going up and down. Sometimes we would get send to others areas and I actually enjoyed learning other things and not just the one type of task I was set to do daily.
Pros
Easy to learn
Cons
Wake up super early the further you live away
Great Company, Awesome Perks
Corporate Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 19, 2018
Loved working here. The only reason I left was because I was relocating and CDW doesn't have an office where I moved. Awesome company to work for. Would definitely recommend. Great training resources. Perks. Fair commission. Management listens.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CDW. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.5InHerSight Score

3.5Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

3.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight