CDW Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great culture, Great company, Lots to Learn
Corporate Sales Segment (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 15, 2018
Great culture, Great company, Lots to Learn. a lot of politics.. good old boys club. low compensation. great benefits. free lunches and happy hours..
Pros
free lunches
Cons
compensation
management
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILMay 9, 2018
Not much room for growth. Didn't have the best time while there. Management really kept to a core group of people and career path was not really defined.
Only concerned about bottom line
Executive Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 9, 2018
The company's lack of concern for their employees, and the focus only towards their overall bottom line is the driving motivation for leadership.

Management acts as a puppeteer, simply completing tasks given from their leadership.

They will be happy to allow you to do all of the heavy lifting, and then stick you with the bill when you're done.

Shady, borderline questionable.
Cons
Management, commissions
Everything IT related
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 2, 2018
Great company to get your feet wet in tech. There's so much technology that's ever changing. The constant change of hard and software made things a little difficult to follow but that's why you need to find your niche in the particular technology that you understand, like, and is also profitable to you.
Lots of opportunities at CDW
Security Technical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 19, 2018
CDW really is a great place to work at - there are so many different roles available.. Channel account manager, partner, sales, IT, etc... There are a ton of benefits, too.. depending on your role you get freebies (clothes (patagonia, columbia, nike, etc.), food, electronics, etc.). Only issue is the pay - you are compensated less than most anywhere else for the same job (but you get a ton of benefits!)
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILApril 17, 2018
I was only there for 3 months but I had an amazing boss and team. I can still remember the lessons learned from the organization and I was taught alot.
Great company with an outstanding culture
PPM Department (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 17, 2018
Fantastic place to work with endless learning opportunities in the technology industry. Great place to work and grow your career with IT channel sales, would highly recommend.
Fun Workplace
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 16, 2018
Good place to work. Many opportunities. Competitive workplace and customers are aware of CDW. So, it makes the selling process easy. Can provide many different solutions and technologies.
Sales
Sales Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Eatontown, NJApril 9, 2018
Good entry level, but poor advancement opportunities. Depending on what segment and who becomes your manager will make this more enjoyable. More is always demanded and added to the day, but no additional assistance is provided.
Great Leadership
AR Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILApril 3, 2018
My experience at CDW is nothing but positive. If I could relocate and keep this role. I would, this role would not compensate for cost of living in the area where I want to relocate.
Welcoming and Comfortable
PC Technician/Chrome WGS Team (Former Employee) –  Eatontown, NJApril 2, 2018
Good staff, fun work experience, was able to learn under a couple masters in their own environment in the field, learned a lot. Only draw back was it was a all the time desk job.
Great Work Enviroment
WSA (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILMarch 29, 2018
CDW is a great company to work for. What I enjoyed most about working at CDW was that fact everyone work as a team. Which made coming to work and performing my job extremely easy.
fun place to work stressful sometimes
IT FIELD TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  vernon hillsMarch 29, 2018
My manager is great guy and really understandable , the work is a little stressful but friendly coworkers , for me it is time consuming while I am seeking to develop my carrier in different field.
Pros
free lunches sometimes, soccer, ping pong games are my favorite
Cons
the break time need to be longer you feel the 45 minutes just like 45 seconds
Good Company to start off at
Inside/Outside Sales Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 28, 2018
If you are coming right out of college. CDW is a good place to start. It will get you ready for the workplace.
Salary is low to start. if you stay in sales for more than two years, it will be hard to advance. You have to keep changing positions within the company to try and make money. The sale dept. is a cutthroat position and many have lost.
Pros
good place to start
Cons
Salary low after two years look at vendor role or you will get stuck with no chance to advance
Fast paced work environment
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 23, 2018
The work environment is fast paced with many opportunities to learn different tasks. The hardest part of the job is the coworkers. The most enjoyable part was helping customers.
Complete Waste of Time
Business Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 21, 2018
You won’t make money and even if you’re successful they will cap your earnings. They have a cult-like culture and the partner-funded teams are often unqualified to do their jobs.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
CDW Leadership
Its a place to start IT
Configuration Technician II (Current Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NV 89030March 16, 2018
The job is not hard but you are a glorified assembly line worker in a factory. If you are starting in IT and need experience its a good place to start. otherwise would not recommend.
Pros
Management is very friendly, overall warm environment
Cons
its not IT, its factory work, despite the title.
Had to take this job to keep my family going
HCS Senior Engineer, Virtualization/Storage (Former Employee) –  Fitchburg, WIMarch 15, 2018
Very narcissistic and felt very untrusted.

Was scrutinized for a $9 lunch at a Subway.

Nice people around me generally but management was very focused on maximizing our utilization - often given work to do on weekends or in the evenings.
Pros
Nice people - friendly atmosphere. Got my biked tuned up at work for free!
Cons
Felt like I needed to track every minutes of my day.
Competitive Sales environement.
Executive Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 14, 2018
The typical day at CDW is up to you. You have the ability to make as much as you want. It is a place where you fail a lot which leads to future success.
benefits
Cons
very competitive
Sky's the limit!
ACCOUNT MANAGER (SALES) (Former Employee) –  Shelton, CTMarch 14, 2018
Work hard, play hard. This company has thought of everything. Make as much money as you want through your hard work and dedication. Make friends, its all about who you know and who likes you. Pretty cool place to work. Lots of networking and resourcing. Most prosperous sales people are not salesy at all!!! They care about their customers and very supportive work environment.
Pros
Free lunches, happy hours, picnics, travel, and great team events.
Cons
only bad if you get a manager that micro manages, otherwise its all pretty good here. boys locker room at times.