CDW Employee Reviews

Featured review
CDW selected this as a representative review
Great Company, Awesome Perks
Corporate Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 19, 2018
Loved working here. The only reason I left was because I was relocating and CDW doesn't have an office where I moved. Awesome company to work for. Would definitely recommend. Great training resources. Perks. Fair commission. Management listens.
Large corporation with small company feel
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Lincolnshire, ILFebruary 20, 2019
CDW has all of the resources you would expect of a large corporation but has a culture that makes it feel like a small company. There is a strong emphasis on doing what is best for the customer, and a strong sense of teamwork.
Employees are treated with respect. Excellent work culture.
Tech Manager, eCommerce (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 18, 2019
Amazing people at all levels of management. Provided great opportunities to integrate into the company and very flexible and open culture to try new things. Managers get lot of respect and independence to manage their own teams. Mentoring and coaching is available and encouraged, and senior management and executive staff is very accessible.
Pros
Excellent work culture, Amazing People, Great Company
Cons
Titles didn't always match the responsibility levels
Good First Job
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 7, 2019
This is a great place to start your career and get some sales experience. Most of the Dallas accounts are up in Chicago at the home base that people make a lot of money off but there are still a few "diamonds in the rough" so to speak. Lots of happy hours and what not to keep you going but most people don't make it more than 2 years here.
Pros
Free Lunches, Happy Hours
Cons
Best Dallas Accounts aren't handled by Dallas reps. Low Pay, and long demanding hours
Good
TSM Engineer (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIFebruary 6, 2019
Good environment, workers helpful, enjoyed remote. Many troubles to fix. After getting TSM running good, some regrets on CDW to leave. Enjoyed, revealing the goodness of TSM
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No advancement
Proud to work at CDW
CONFIGURATION SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILFebruary 4, 2019
CDW is the best! I have gotten spoiled working to them. After leaving CDW, I have not found any other company like them. They are positive, Caring, and provide many opportunities for advancement.
Pros
Promotion and movement within company
Cons
Slow to make decisions.
Relaxed workplace with small business feel
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCFebruary 3, 2019
Work would start on time. Typical day began by double checking the route for each truck for the day. I would have the loads for the trucks organized the day before in reverse order in order to keep the load of the truck organized. Once the trucks were loaded and on the road, I would proceed to check for returns or damaged labels. Once all tasks in the warehouse were completed I would organize and shift through paperwork and business receipts in order to prepare for taxes. The owner was a nice man but he did request personal tasks to be done such as taking him to the dentist or picking up his dry cleaning. These tasks were usually given so I could have hours on my paycheck. It wasn't easy to build hours at this job since there were only two of us in the warehouse at a time and most of the work could be completed by one person. I enjoyed the freedom of being able to busy myself when there was nothing else to do by cleaning and organizing different parts of the warehouse.
Pros
Occasional paid lunches, flexible hours after trucks left
Cons
Not much to do, no set hours
Great Job!
CONFIGURATIONS TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILFebruary 1, 2019
Great Job and Environment. Just not what I was looking for at the time. Worked for a great team but was given the chance to apply because they weren't looking to hire, I was temping at the time and would have loved the opportunity to stay on.
Great Place to start your sales career
Sales (Current Employee) –  Shelton, CTFebruary 1, 2019
CDW is a great place to start your sales career. They provide technical as well as sales training. It is well respected in the industry and run efficiently and with integrity. There are many career avenues for young people to explore especially in the Illinois locations.
Pros
Stable Firm, Great training, Vendor Lunches
Cons
Pay can be below industry average for some positions.
Great company - strong believer of culture
Senior Manager of Operations (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILJanuary 29, 2019
CDW is a great company to work for, they strongly believe in the companies culture. Work hard/Play hard the motto for multiple LOB's w/in the company.
Vender displays
Technical Analyst/Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Eatontown, NJJanuary 24, 2019
Daily system checks
CDW held me back kept me as tier 1 for 30 months
Learned Remedy web and Service Now ticketing systems
Asset Management
Workplace Culture was for the sales team
No vacation, sick days or paid holidays
There was always vendor events which showed all the newest hardware and software of MS, Cisco, Netpro...
Pros
free lunches, auctions community services
Cons
no paid vacations, sick days or paid holidays
Fun Culture
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 21, 2019
Great culture. If you're in sales, be prepared to be micromanaged. Culture is good, people are great, there is always food provided at least twice a week.
Pros
Fun coworkers
Cons
Micromanagement
Productive and fun workplace
Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 9, 2019
Great company to work for good benefits and work life balance.
Managment does a great job at engaging the coworker to enable them to do their jobs.
Great Place to Work
Managed Services Operations Analyst / NOC Engineer (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJanuary 8, 2019
CDW is Great! Learned a lot there, and had the pleasure of working alongside some really talented individuals. A lot of changes within the company recently, all for the good...
Pros
Decent Culture, Awesome People
Cons
Poor Management, Terrible Benefits
Get Trained up and Get Out
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago , ILJanuary 7, 2019
If you can be successful at inside sales at CDW , many doors will be opened. The real beauty of working there is that you acquire some of the best sales skills and product knowledge . You then take your talents to another company that will compensate you fairly.

It is well known in the technology manufacturer community that CDW employees are excellent hires; as they know the competitive landscape, internal and client contacts. It is also well known that they no longer compensate employees well and offer extremely low flexibility.

CDW used to be an amazing company to work for. Once they went fully public ,investors returns became the only priority. I understand cuts must be made. Many of these cuts came directly from sellers..in the way of spiffs, events & travel budgets. These cuts did not hit management.

The fact that employees are taking their lives when management pulls the rug out from under them.. that says something. It is not a healthy company culture. Employee mental and emotional health within the organization is terrifying.

Here is what you NEED to know:

If you are just out of college and have no critical overhead (mortgage, children, serious debt etc); if you can work 60 hour weeks and deal with the stress of not having a predictable income... CDW will shape you.

It will really beat you in...It is a grind, as much as they give the illusion that it is not a call center--it really is. If you can flourish in that environment.. you will be able to kill it anywhere.

I would recommend the job to a recent grad who can live at their parents and
  more... focus on the job. I do not recommend it to anyone with children or a mortgage . I would not recommend CDW to anyone who is easily offended or prioritizes a clear work and home life boundary.

If this sounds like something you can handle...Get in there, survive to two years and get out!
Pros
Vendor Lunches, Product Training, Partner Sponsored Events
Cons
Poor Compensation, Unrealistic Sales Goals, Disconnected Management
Enjoyed working with my co-workers
COMMISSIONS ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILJanuary 7, 2019
Performed the same tasks everyday making learning and advancement non-existent.

Very poor management making it extremely difficult to stay motivated.
Professional workplace that allows you to succeed as far as you want.
Sales Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Lincolnshire, ILJanuary 5, 2019
CDW allows employees to be themselves and make each day as good as you want to be. CDW provides many opportunities for advancements and ways to be successfully using the tools they provide.
Cdw
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 2, 2019
Job has some nice perks. Visited often by partners who have swag and other available gifts. Training is thorough. Good job if you are interested in sales
Inside Sales
Account Manager, Corporate Sales (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILDecember 17, 2018
If inside sales is your thing, this is the place for you. Potential to make great money. Solid opportunities to advance your career.
High Energy, Fast Paced Environment.
I guess I am just wondering why you are concerned with CDW?
Vendor Returns Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILDecember 14, 2018
I guess I am just wondering why you are concerned with CDW?
They are a strong company just if you are low on the totem pole no benefits or job security
Productive and exciting place to work
HELPDESK SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILDecember 14, 2018
A typical day at CDW is great, the pace is good and there is always something to do. There is a great vibe with my department and other departments and Management is friendly and helpful.
Pros
prizes, gift cards. Lunch.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CDW. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP35%
In the Top 35% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at CDW.

Powered by Comparably