CDW
Happiness rating is 70 out of 100

CDW Employee Reviews

Featured review
CDW selected this as a representative review
Team is very technical and i love working. their very flexible or working and very helping in learning new technologies. management is very good for all kind of employees
Fun culture that promotes outside the box thinking. Very supportive of coworkers through COVID. If you want to be in a supportive, driven sales culture, CDW is a great fit. You are in control of your own paycheck.
Worked on 2nd day shift under 9 months as a contractor. 5 days from Mon - Friday with possibly a 6th day either on Saturday or Sunday depending on which shift you are in. Overtime is expected on somedays depending on how busy the day is. You could work from 40-60 hrs a week. It's a warehouse environment. Managers and coworkers were easy to get along. Configuring with some slight troubleshooting as a configuration technician. You start out learning the basics of how to complete customer orders by configuring chromebooks and you work your way up to slightly more complex projects like hardware, network, packing, BIOS etc. Your work productivity is scored based on how many orders and how units in those orders you configure. You need to maintain a high enough score to ensure no issues. As contractors from various staffing agencies sent to CDW, you get paid around 12-15, with them adding a $1 for every certification that you are certified for. CDW and the staffing agency negotiate your pay. CDW pays your staffing agency and your staffing agency pays you with the agency taking a slight commission from it. In my case, I was paid $16 with the agency taking probably $3-4 bucks for every hour you work. Once you get hired full time by CDW, that commission difference should be added to what you are already being paid. As a contractor, you don't get benefits from CDW besides the pay. Getting hired by CDW from your staffing agency does involve you working hard and becoming an asset to the company.During covid, the company bought free lunches everyday for contractors and their employees. - more...
Pros
Free food, double pay on weekend overtime, competent and helpful managers, nice co-workers
Cons
No benefits as a contractor
Great inclusive culture. Salary is well below industry standard. Compensation is below average. Long term commitment is required to see any pay off of efforts.
I worked at CDW for 7 years, and was hoping to stay there even longer. However, Covid hit, and after 6 months of working from home, the company downsized and laid off 30% of the workforce with no warning whatsoever. I was part of that group. This was not a temporary separation either. Permanent and unbending. I was really let down and disappointed by a company that trumpeted coworker relations about all else. That’s all. Really let down by them.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
I was in between jobs and needed something but warehouse work was too hard for me. I needed something that was more challenging mentally and even with my advanced education, they wouldn't consider me for Configurations.
Company is an amazing place to work. Great education, great people and great culture. You really feel like an investment and everyone wants to see you succeed.
Pros
Culture, Education, Work Life Balance
Cons
Low Base Pay
Started at CDW as a sales rep and eventually worked up to other job positions. The first year was tough because commissions weren't great. However, if you continually work hard, you can find ways to make a lot more money thru commission or eventually find opportunities for advancement in other job positions with more stable income.
I love CDW, it’s culture and it’s people! I would recommend working here to anyone I know! The benefits are impressive, they truly care about their employees and creating a competitive environment to attract the best talent
Pros
Cons
N/a
The culture and people at this company are second to none. I really appreciate the work life balance. However, since Covid it is hard to accrue hours.
The organization as a whole is good. However, there is a lot of undercover bias and micro- aggressive behavior. There is no sense of trust and some upper management should not be in leadership roles. CDW prides itself on diversity....the diversity and inclusion team is definitely not up to the challenge. They are afraid to truly fight for diversity and inclusion. CDW does a great job hiding the true nature of bias and will go to great lengths to do so. Any negative press suddenly disappears.
Pros
Great Culture
Cons
Lack of pay, micro aggressive behavior, unqualified Senior leadership, and lack of TRUE diversity and inclusion.
I am very grateful for the people I work with. They are supportive and help one another. They really are team players. The company culture is okay. They are trying to be more progressive with what they offer for benefits, however they only provide 2 weeks vacation to start. Also, the pay is very low for the amount of stress and work they expect compared to other companies.My direct boss shouldn't be in a management position. Their lack of communication, inability to explain their expectations and passive aggressive behavior makes it very stressful to work there. They're not the type of boss to have your back in certain work situations. It's hard to be happy at your job when you don't have the support, especially during the pandemic. It only creates more paranoia about job security and decreases the motivation of their employees.
Pros
Helpful team members, Work perks, Handling of the pandemic (work from home)
Cons
Lack of (direct) leadership, Low compensation/salary, Time off, Performance expectations
- great management and training - Coworkers are easy to get along with- top partners in the industry can help with sales process- great benefits !!
Nice place to work and develop relationships. It’s who you know not what you know. Keep your network close and you will go far. There are many benefits.
CDW is a company you look forward to working for every day. They keep up with the industry and are always ready to pivot and make changes for the better. Tons of benefits and incentives for all with room for growth.
Pros
Room for Growth
I've seen a lot of people come and go in 15 years at CDW, and it's always fun to get different perspectives and cultures. It was always refreshing to spend time with the people on my team (back when we actually worked in an office).
Pros
Flexible schedule, great pay for the amount of work, excellent healthcare and benefits
Cons
Have to rely on a lot of people to do their jobs to be able to do mine well
Worked at CDW for 21 years. Treated very well. When I had to take a leave of absence when my gf died they went above and beyond. Got phone calls every few days checking on me. Had leave due to anxiety issues.
Pros
Great working environment, lots of perks
Cons
Impossible to get someone to talk to when you are interested in coming back in any available role.
CDW has a great culture with lots of opportunity to grow in your career. Strong leadership with constant communication to ensure coworkers are being heard and continue to make progress.
Pros
Culture & coworkers
Great place to start a sales career and some people stay. Options to go technical or stay in sales. I enjoyed my time at CDWG...
Been here almost 10 years and is a great place to work. You will be driven and learning is an everyday task. Management is good and benefits are in line with other companies this size.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Upper Management sets direction without involving the coworkers doing the work.
If you want to get into IT sales, this is the place to start! There's so much opportunity to stay in sales or grow within the company! With some great networking and hard work, the sky's the limit!
Pros
Culture, Networking, Career Growh
Cons
Pay
  1. Employee Reviews