Cecil College Employee Reviews

Amazing Nursing Program
Nursing Student (Current Employee) –  North East, MDFebruary 15, 2018
This is a wonderful college. The nursing program is outstanding. The faculty is extremely knowledgeable and passionate about what they do. The program is grueling but well worth it.
A place where you are appreciated
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  North East, MDOctober 7, 2017
I have grown as a person with Cecil and I am appreciated and rewarded for my effort and hard work. I feel safe and challenged. I love working here at Cecil College.
Fun place to work
ADA Tutor (Former Employee) –  North East, MDSeptember 19, 2017
My typical day at work included tutoring an ADA student. I assisted the student in statistics. We worked together in the classroom and then met for private tutoring in common areas of the campus.
Run Away as Fast as You Can!
Theatre Employee (Former Employee) –  Milburn Stone TheatreJuly 20, 2017
Specifically referring to Milburn Stone Theatre, there is no room for job growth and employees are not even encouraged to take classes at the college to advance in their jobs.
It is a highly "political" climate. Only those who are personal friends of current management have job security.
There needs to be a focus on teamwork and inclusiveness. The customer's needs and the quality of service should be a number one priority. Regardless of an employee's education level or whether or not they choose to work part-time or full-time, they should be treated with the same level of worth and respect. Honesty is important in any successful business; honestly is sorely lacking with the current management team. That needs to change.
Upper management has no respect for employees and makes structural changes to the detriment of employees and the products provided.
Pros
Customer interaction.
Cons
The true art of theatre is stifled in this hostile work environment.
Great Work place to learn and grow
Studio Technician (Former Employee) –  Elkton, MDJune 4, 2017
With a great boss, and a competitive pay, Cecil prepared me for the workforce. I've learned so much in my short time here; specifically in regards to the field that I desire to pursue.
Pros
Great Learning Environment, Friendly staff
Enjoyable place to work
ASSISTANT PROFESSOR OF ENGLISH (Current Employee) –  North East, MDApril 4, 2017
Enjoy the small campus environment and community feel. Colleagues are professional and great to work with. A nice student body - rural. Plenty of room to grow.
Pros
autonomy and laid back atmosphere
Cons
long commute
Most amazing people you could ever meet!
Social Media Assistant (Former Employee) –  North East, MDJanuary 18, 2017
The staff and management are so sweet. They put your best interest at heart and always work around your school schedule. I have never run into an issue or been dissatisfied with anyone of direct affiliation with the college. I would highly recommend working at Cecil if you ever have the opportunity.
Enjoy working around genuine hard working people
Financial Aid Assistant (Former Employee) –  North East, MDDecember 5, 2016
During a typical work day, I spent my time communicating and motivating others to achieve goals. I enjoyed my overall work experience at Cecil College.
Cecil College is excellent
Adjunct Professor of Martial Arts (Current Employee) –  North East, MD 21901October 13, 2016
Cecil college is an excellent place to work. The staff are very knowledgeable and very friendly. Working for Cecil College has been an excellent experience.
Fun but strict
"Kids in Kollege" Camp Counselor - Summer job (Former Employee) –  North east MdMay 10, 2016
Counselors are in charge of monitoring the students and making sure tasks get accomplished. While there was alot to do at the place, there seemed to be less of a fun atmosphere that you would expect from a summer camp. Some of the teachers prioritized learning over fun and it caused the moral of the students to decrease and when I tried to bring up the moral, I was scolded for it and made to apologize. The hardest part was keeping track of multiple children at the same time. The most enjoyable was watching the kids bring home crafts that they made for their parents.

Want to know more about Cecil College?

Ask a question
A place for learning
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  North East, MDFebruary 26, 2016
Having a part in shaping the future for students is very rewarding. Co-workers are passionate about their work and are willing to help you in any way they can.
Great environment to work in, very friendly
IT Help Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Rising Sun, MDOctober 6, 2015
Fix broken computers, answer phone calls about IT related issues and help out students and faculty. Overall a very easy IT job if you want to just get a foot in the door.
Wonderful college
Lab Technician / Biology Tutor (Former Employee) –  North East, MDOctober 2, 2015
I really found myself working here and networking with the faculty. I highly recommend this college for school or work.
Great employer
ADJUNCT PROFESSOR (Former Employee) –  North East, MDJuly 15, 2015
Enjoyed my time there. Allowed me to use my talents in the transportation industry, and the employees were very professional.
Pros
Professional
Cecil College
Director (Current Employee) –  Elkton, MDSeptember 8, 2014
I have learned a great deal here at Cecil. My previous experience in my career involved teaching and this experience has been the other side of the desk, so to speak. I have learned to balance programming needs with the needs of my students. I know more about budgets and the process than I ever thought would be possible. The hardest part of this job is knowing I have no where to go within the college to grow more or be promoted. Being a small college the opportunities for growth become fewer and fewer as you move up. I have gone as far as I can go here. I love speaking to parents and students who have gotten something meaningful out of one of my programs. It makes all the hard work worth it.
Pros
flexible, family friendly schedule
Cons
small college, few full time positions
Great experience, perfect for young math student
Mathlab Specialist (Current Employee) –  North East, MDJune 4, 2014
Must know , at least, calculus for tutoring
Responsible for important testing documents
Proctor student's test
Good hours, able to complete your own homework in down time
Friendly environment
Team of people reaching institutional goals
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  North East, MDApril 7, 2014
it was a learning experience always changing and growing. Retired early to relocate to Florida
Pros
Educational
Cons
growing quickly
nice college - interfering government
Adjunct Developmental (Current Employee) –  North East, MDApril 3, 2014
I love working with the students and the professional atmosphere. The only downside is that the State of Maryland is micromanaging colleges. Now the State has limited the number of credit hours an adjunct may instruct- which effectively cut my pay in half.
Limited
Visual Communications Lab Manager - Cecil College (Current Employee) –  MDFebruary 5, 2014
I started working for Cecil College as a work study student. I was then able to teach summer camps over the last four years. I currently work as a Lab Manager, but due to the new government regulations the hours for part time went from 29 to 6. No person can live working 6h at $9.10 per week, no matter how much you love the job.
Pros
Great people, driven students
Cons
No healthcare, no hours, no fulltime
Overall it was a nice and friendly place to work.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  North East, MDApril 4, 2013
Education benefits offered to further education. Workshops on cultural needs to benefit center student population. Staff worked as a team to help clients get their education and needs met.. It was a joy working with the staff and students.
Pros
health benefits and retirement
Cons
budget cuts