Ceco Concrete Construction Employee Reviews

Great group of people to work with.
Assistant Project Manager II (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 8, 2018
Work weeks may be long with several hours of overtime and possibility of working weekends. Management and employees are great to work with and very helpful through the learning process. Was sent to several training sessions to help improve my management skills. The hardest part of the job was reviewing CCP's in the field and making sure nothing was misplaced before the pour. My favorite part of the job was creating and reviewing the CCP's with the foreman in the field.
Pros
Training, promotions and employees
Cons
work hours, pressure
Nice work environment
Colunm crew (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 8, 2018
Ceco concrete is a great place to work I was working on colunm crew I was doin deckin,flooring stripping some of everything I even learned things..
It was my first accounting job after getting my MBA
GENERAL ACCOUNTING SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Gladstone, MOSeptember 18, 2018
I was lucky to hire on at CECO as my first accounting job after getting my MBA.

I learned a lot of accounting there.

One of the things that I most remember is that if I made a mistake (I made very few) it was not the end of the world. I was very good at what I did, which may be why management was east going with me. I learned a lot about checking work for accuracy.

I did not have much supervision. Probable because I made few errors and met deadlines.

Overall CECO was a good experience.
Pros
Good benefits, relaxed management
Cons
not much room for advancement
Site/Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 18, 2018
It's a bi of a hustle on the field but CECO as a company, takes amazing care of its' team. The team is what keeps the flow going, when you take care of your people- they take care of you.
It was a great learning experience
Project Job Site Assistant (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILSeptember 10, 2018
My job with ceco Concrete Construction was an internship. At that time I was attending college of DuPage full-time I was able to balance my full-time school with my almost full-time workload. Deforming that I work under were extremely knowledgeable and I gained a wealth of information regarding the construction industry I've never learned this much regarding Construction in my entire life it was a wonderful experience.
Pros
Being able to be on a job site everyday was exciting
Cons
It was just an internship and it had to end
fast paced work environment
Carpenter / concrete finisher (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 1, 2018
The work was steady, I learned a lot and gained addition experience in the field of construction, I would recommend the job to others. Schedule may be subject to change due to weather.
Pros
desent pay
Cons
laid off
I got along with all the guys
Carpenter journeyman (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 30, 2018
I would go back to work there, all the guys are safety oriented, bosses were good to work for, I never had any troubles.hard working reliable safety cautious company.
Pros
8 hr shifts
Cons
8 hr shifts
People friendly environment.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield, CTMay 25, 2018
Fast paced environment. A lot of demands from the people who work on sites. People are easy to get along with. Everyday was a learning experience for me.
Project Administrator (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 21, 2018
Updating time sheet, calling vendors, updating documents for employees. Processing on boarding documents for new hires. Assist the project manager with invoices, requesting unconditional waivers for payments. Mailing out documents that are important to the project.
Pros
networking
Cons
management
perfect
Superintendent/Construction Manager (Current Employee) –  United StatesMay 16, 2018
on resume lined out in job description per job denpending on phase of job and type commercial is my specialty through the local carpenter's union. asst. in all duties .
Pros
plenty
Cons

Want to know more about Ceco Concrete Construction?

Ask a question
management helpful for success
Site Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 14, 2018
management wants success for all employees, hardest part of job climbing ladders and working in climate weather (heat in the summer and cold in the wnter
Pros
sometimes luncheons, fair pay, educatonal courses provided
Cons
no scheduled breaks but short restroom/ water breaks can betaken when needed
fast and movable pace
Concrete Finisher (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 19, 2018
it a fast moving pace.everyone is a fast pace...all types of skills,doing setting the height of the floor.management is safe,anything you need they there,,former on the job like you to move in a fast pace.its sfe to work around at times...working in 98 degrees of sun at a fast pace,and it get hot.when we finish each on a timable schedule...
The majority of the people are great
Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZFebruary 24, 2018
Heico/Ceco is a great place to work in other areas of the country. The SW division is the exception to the rule. Upper Management in this division is a joke. The Company as a whole is fantastic though, they offer a great training program, and if you are able to stick it out you can learn a lot.
Pros
Good people to work with in the field, benefits are decent
Cons
Upper Management in regional office
be union and know your job
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILFebruary 13, 2018
best job ive had/have, know your job, stay busy, and get paid well, cant ask for anything more, scale is what you get, so raises every june, benefits trough the union, very satisfying job when you drive in and see a skyline that you had a hand in building
Pros
pay, pay, hours, co-workers, nice breaks
Cons
winter/summer hours in chicago
Coordinator Duties
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 7, 2018
Always something going on, not necessarily in a bad way. Lot of responsibilities and the need to be organized and timely, which I like. Though, the pay isn't worth the work load. About 48-50 hours a week, and travel isn't the greatest, though it is apart of the job. It's not a terrible company by any means but it could fix somethings as any company could.
Good Janitorial service inventory gas mileage tools
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 16, 2018
Assisted with installing landscape worth with the carpenters to research variety of tasks performed general construction labor Janitorial service inventory gas mileage tools
Pros
daytime
Cons
Inhaling concrete
good company good benefits
Assistant Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 7, 2018
Good company, Excellent company benefits. Fast paced environment. I love managing projects and being on schedule and within budget on jobsite. A great company for contractor helpers and stable.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
early hours and no free parking
Productive and all around good place to work
Carpenter Foreman (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 3, 2017
Ceco construction is all around a good place to work. They have a great work place good people and good supervision. Loved working there there just ready to go somewhere else to work and make more money.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Great learning experience at that company.
Brick Mason (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAOctober 3, 2017
It was a good work environment , great learning experience, also you got to use your hands a lot. Now, the great thing about working there was the good safety structure they had in place there.
Pros
Good exercise for you and the pay was good
Cons
You couldn't work when it raind.
This is were I learned my craft.
Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Willowbrook, ILAugust 7, 2017
Ceco is the third largest construction company in the USA. They took a chance on me as a young man. They were and are today a great one of the best places to learn and grow.
Pros
What a great place to learn and work
Cons
nome