Cedar Point Employee Reviews

Fast paced very busy
Office Coordinator/Translator (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAApril 19, 2018
Very busy with all types of phone calls, etc, intakes, clients, hospitals, pharmacy, scheduling all at once. I where many hats here. I am also the Dr and Therapist liaison. Translating for the doctor is also mandatory. on dr days I also check the clients vitals.

Over all I do ALL of Front desk duties and A lot more.
Pros
very busy fast paced
Cons
no breaks, not much help
Very fun
Food Host (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHApril 5, 2018
Happiest place ever. Grew up going there worked here and have gone every year. I've been all around the world and whatnot but cedar point just has something special to it. After all it is Americas rockin roller coast
Merchandise
Merchandise Associate (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHMarch 22, 2018
I loved working part time at cedar point the staff was very kind and diverse. The pay was low but the job was easy and the management was beyond friendly and caring m.
Pros
Free park access
Cons
Pay
Super fun to work at
Associate (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHMarch 10, 2018
Awesome benefits like getting into all cedar fair parks for free. Stressful job and super long hours with sometimes no breaks. Constantly working. Great place to meet new people.
Pros
Free access to parks
Cons
Short to no breaks
Culture was good
Ride Attendant/Operator (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHFebruary 28, 2018
The company does a good job of putting teams of employees together for each ride. They are like family. A family that stresses through long days in the blistering sun and angry park guests.
Pros
Free admission to the park
Cons
Best job for my the summer
Hostess and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHFebruary 14, 2018
This will be the best summer job ever there is somewhere to stay for 18+ you get to enjoy the park on your off time and all cedar fair parks are free to attend when you’re an employee
Pros
Free admission, place to stay, pay
Cons
Long hours, 1-2 day off
Great job, terrible managment
Guest Service Employee (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 11, 2018
I loved the work I did, the clients made it worth it. As an employee I was disrespected, undermined, and there was no communication. The rules and procedures were constantly changing. There was zero job security. It appeared you had to be best friends with management to keep your job or move up. Would not recommend.
Cedar point is a great place to work
Quaker Steak & Lube (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHFebruary 8, 2018
It was fun work but also hard but alll work isn't easy but its okay. I worked 6 days a week it was tiring but I got it done. For the most part you get to use your discounts everywhere.
Pros
Use your discounts everywhere in sandusky
Cons
N/a
Really fun
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHJanuary 29, 2018
I worked halloweekends, so pretty much operated rides all weekend. Pay was good considering, and it was a really fun place to be. I got my own dorm, too.
Pros
It's an amusement park, so free admission
Cons
Long work days
Nice
HOUSEKEEPING SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHJanuary 28, 2018
Very nice place to work some days it could be super easy than the next day it be duper fast. You just never what day it might be so you have to be prepared. Easiest money I ever made though.
americas roller coast
Night trash removal/ building attendant (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHJanuary 28, 2018
this job provides housing and free admission to the park and water park. you will meet a lot of diffrent kinds of people and do alot of new things. this was a great expierience
housekeeping
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHJanuary 16, 2018
Long hours, not even pay to get lunch, or anything else if you already have pills to pay. The superviews would have to open the doors and then they would take the tips for that housekeeper.
This was at just one of the hotels. I worked at another one, where it was better with the works but you don't get a lunch break, but if you don't have money for lunch then you don't really need a break.
Pros
something new
Cons
NO days of for being sick of any kind
Cedar Point
Ride Host (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHJanuary 10, 2018
What I liked about working at Cedar Point is was one though you are working 12-16 hours a day it didn't usually feel like you where. It is such a fun environment to be in. You meet and work with people not only all over the U.S. but the world. You become such a big happy family with everyone you are working with. It's almost sad when you have a day off because you just want to be at work where you are literally having the time of your life. Work doesn't feel like work here.
Pros
friends, fun environment, fast past
Cons
Under Paid
A fun and tiring work place
Screamster (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHJanuary 8, 2018
Typical day was you get your make up on and wait for the haunted houses to open, then scare visitors for hours and then go back to the dorms and rest up. There a lot of fun people that work during Halloweekends, it's like a giant family. The hardest part of the job is trying to keep the same amount of energy going for a full weekend, every weekend.
Pros
discounts, free incentives each weekend
Cons
not many breaks
Dream Job
Beach Band Member (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHJanuary 7, 2018
A typical day as a performer included, going to work, warming up, doing a show, then taking a very generous break and repeating 5-6 times until the end of your shift.

I learned how to properly work with a team and perform day in and day out while being a fun entertainer for the park guests.

Management was beyond amazing, they made sure you were at the top of your game and made sure you were in good health to perform at peak performance.

The friendly faces you got to see everyday made coming into work a breeze and something you could always look forward to every morning.

The hardest part of the job had to be making sure not to lose energy after doing the 4-5th show before the end of the day.

The most enjoyable part of the job had to be seeing the smiles on people's faces when we played a song they recognized and they would start to dance.
Pros
fun work environment, friendly management, consistent work schedule
Cons
housing arrangements unpleasing, occasional obnoxious park guest getting too close, in the sun all day in the hot summer
Great entry level job
Haunt team member (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHJanuary 5, 2018
Great entry level job for someone who is looking to get their foot in the door somewhere. The most stressful thing about working at CP was the hours they had me work. Besides that, it was a positive experience.
Pros
Employee bar everything there is a good price
Cons
Management or at least in my area
Productive and fun work environment
Foods supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHJanuary 5, 2018
Fun place to work at, very good people to be around. Keeps you active and moving. Always have something to do to stay productive. Managers are good people
summer job
Merchandise Associate (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHDecember 21, 2017
if you are out for the summer break and is in need of a job then i say go and work at cedar point. you get on campus livivng, meet new people from all over the globe and get to ride as many rides as you want for free.
Pros
meeting new people from other countries
Cons
transportation system
Fun place to work while going to college in the off season
Area Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHDecember 5, 2017
The people are the main reason I went back, the job itself is not hard, it’s dealing with guests that is the worst part. But like I said the people that you meet from all over the world and the friendships you can make at work are endless.
Pros
Free admission to the park.
Cons
Long hours, low pay per hour.
cedar point
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHNovember 26, 2017
The job was a very stressful and fun experience. It was stressful because we worked long hours every day and night but it was fun as well too because on our off days we got to go inside the park for free and have exclusive ride nights just for the employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cedar Point. Our community is ready to answer.