Cedars-Sinai
4.2

Cedars-Sinai Employee Reviews

United States921 reviews
Great place
Great place to work. Everyone is so friendly and helpful. I’m so sad I had to leave but was moving out of state. The benefits are great. Pro and sick days.
Worst
The organization is not bad is management who makes it the worst and unbearable to work there. Yet HR personnel backs them up to the fullest knowing they are both wrong
Pros
People that make it their goal to go out of their way
Cons
No, matter how hard you work there’s no thank you, but lost backstabbing .
I taught working at Cedars-Sinai would have been my dream job but I was so wrong. When covid - 19 started by the end of March there was a lot of confusion and they started cutting hours so you were forced to take days off every week until there were hardly any regular patients left in the hospital, only covid- 19 Patients. every day when you came to work There were less and less patients . That not enough until I got laid off.
You cant nothng right for them.
I have done my job for 18 years and know it in and out but working at this place the managers but mostly high paying do nothing directors and VPs and Sr. VPs are clueless and treat others like a piece of gum under your shoe. Unless you like being double crossed. You won't be able to please them. If you breath they will say you are doing wrong. Plus I felt there were racist people working therr. working.there. Horri

where some racist thee too.werevs
Front desk receptionist
It’s typical day at work consisted of checking patients in and out to go to surgery and recovery.

This job allowed me to learn how to deal with distressed individuals.

The Management was very supportive in my endeavors when it came to my education.

Workplace culture was mostly calm but got hectic once in a while.

The hardest part of the job was seeing the loved ones of patients wait for either good new or bad news from the doctor.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to see fully recovered patients being able to go home.
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Review
There is a lot of favoritism and backstabbing, the supervisor expects you to know everything and she doesn’t even know how to do the basic functions of the job!! The manager is never seen Around the Dept and when you do see him all he does is give you a goofy smile. Every year there are layoffs so your job is never really safe, there were times I would get dressed in the morning and my to go

into work stomach would start hurting because I didn’t want
Cedars Sinai is a great place to work and I absolutely loved my time here. I only left because of a move out of state or I could have stayed forever. The pay and benefits are very competitive for the area. Coworkers are fantastic and so caring and are some of my best friends. I loved belonging to a team who was so committed to saving the lives of and helping all of our patients with everything we had in us. CS is definitely a wonderful and inspiring place to work.
Great people, great place! If I were not moving I would have stayed
Team building and collaborative work environment. I was non-clinical and there were not a lot of opportunities for advancement. However, many opportunities for clinical positions. Good benefits.
Pros
Pension
Cons
not a lot of holidays
Great place to grow and give back
Management is great, benefits are great, flexibility is great, coworkers are great. When you need support, there is someone to lean on. Nothing bad to say about working here, so far!
Worse hospital to work for
Pay is great. No benefits since I was only per diem. Some co-workers are friendly and know how to work as a team. Many are selfish and only focus on their own task at hand especially some pharmacists/supervisors in the pharmacy. Management is worse. They do not incorporate team work instead they put lots of stress on the individual and not the team as a whole. There is a lot of favoritism.
Make sure you work for the right PI
Make sure you work for the right PI. Cedars seems to care but institutional policies are not always followed by PI
Always Busy
Staff are part of a union environment. Majority of staff dislike the local union and trust Management more. Few low performers take up most of your time dealing with daily basic operational issues.
Lots of resources and potential for advancement
Cedars-Sinai is a great place for nurses that want to advance. Cedars-Sinai paid for most of my tuition for me to get my MSN. Due to the size of the institution, there are many opportunities if you want to try something different.
It is all about numbers
No matter what this "non-profit" hospital will always care more about numbers over patient care. If you are coming into the industry because you care about people, Cedars will challenge this ambition as you will have to make decisions that favor numbers over care.
Benefits
Exciting and rewarding company
A typical day at work was being prepared at all times. Knowing what you are there to accomplish i.e. customer satisfaction, payment on accounts and being a team player. I learned throughout the years how to apply myself in a better manner and be an asset to the department and company and to be the best person I can be and great at fulfilling my work duties.
Empresa dinâmica
A empresa proporciona vários benefícios e com escalas de trabalho longas.
n/a
Cedars is a great hospital to work for. Everyday is a new day of learning and finding new ways to ensure patients safety. the mri department i worked for had a great training program. the supervisor was rather difficult to work with in regards to scheduling.
Former employee
I worked for this company 18 years. Never appreciated for the hard work and many times I put in to cover shifts. Manager never acknowledged my stading ovation or other kudos received. Hostiles environment and the department hire agencies employees with out experience to cover shifts in desperate situations.
Pros
Bad environment
Cons
Nithing good
Excellence in Patient Care is the primary motivation
Working at Cedars-Sinai provides you an opportunity to provide the highest level of cutting-edge, evidence-based care. While recognizing Nursing’s central role in caring for patients, they promote collaboration among all disciplines. In recent years they have become less loyal to dedicated employees, with early and mid-range employees receiving more favor. Of course, these employees are the future, but agism is alive and well there. It is a great environment in which to grow and learn, and for those coming up in their careers should remain so for many years.
Pros
Latest equipment and technologies. Many formal education and training opportunities.
Cons
Poor work-life balance, betrayal of trust with long-term employees.
No response
I don't have much to say. It's something that you'll have to experience on your own. If you're hired congratulations and if not, keep on applying. Good luck to you all.
Dept has negative energy, discrimination and retaliation
Days were stressful, busy but meaningful. To know I was helping callers made my day. As a previous Hosp Operator I learned to listen to my callers and put myself in their shoes, go that extra mile to help those in dire need and at times ..just listen to those that are BUT you quickly learn how to prioritize whatever is thrown your way. It's unfortunate employees voice is not heard at Cedars Sinai because this is a great institution to work for. The hospital does NOT leave it's employees behind but the same cannot be said about Management which in return makes employees feel ignored and alone. At the end of the day I just had to remind myself that I was there to help others and that I gave it my all. And YES, regardless of the Departmental negative energy, I was one that always said "Thank you Cedars for another day". This is why after 2 yrs of no longer working there, I still miss it.
Pros
Bonuses, Free community/family clinics, free classes, The best medical coverage, amazing and caring Medical Staff, facility.
Cons
Unsupervised Department Management.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cedars-Sinai. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2
4.3
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP15%
In the Top 15% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Cedars-Sinai.