Cedars-Sinai Employee Reviews

Damage Control
OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH NURSE CASE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 5, 2018
I worked for more than 10 years and thrived in a job where I had the ability to utilize my clinical, networking and social skills with patients, nurses and physicians in a clinical field-based case management position.

Unfortunately for me and my patients the recipe and delivery of services was changed to a micromanaged administrative nightmare which prevented the case management team from providing individual and quality case management thus causing delays in receiving important treatment information, delays in treatment and increased days in the system.

The job I enjoyed so much which gave the ability to help at the point of service, assist with treatment decisions and expedite care was tossed upon the scrap heap and instantly liquidated for a sterile, bleak, non-contact existence set in a cubicle for 8 hours and 5 days a week. I was sad to leave my friends and patients behind but happy to be relieved of the burdensome tasks that were killing me slowly each passing day. Something had to give - and they gave me away.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Micromanaging, Not Open to Ideas or Solutions
Hard work, learned a lot
Resident, Pathology (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 5, 2018
Overall, excellent experience. I completed the 4-year AP/CP Pathology and Laboratory Medicine program at Cedars-Sinai, followed by a 1-year NIH-funded Cardiovascular Research Fellowship in Eduardo Marban's lab.
Great Atmosphere
Data Management/Development Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 3, 2018
Great company to work for with great atmosphere. Outstanding benefits and great location. Centrally location near Beverly Hills with offices throughout West LA.
Pros
Employee appreciation days
Cons
Lunch break too short
Great place poor management and officers
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 1, 2018
Worked there for 5 years worked my way up to be an Emergency Department Lobby lead officer. Lots of duties to perform however most posts are set since a lot of older officers are illiterate when it comes to computer related duties.
Pros
Good money great place, work with current or off duty laws enforcement undercover officers
Cons
Management is horrible, So much favoritism, lack of trust in officers, will not hear your complaints to benefit the work or environment
Hectic working environment in the lab due to increase in volume of work.
Clinical Lab Scientist III (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 1, 2018
Work volume has increased considerably in the Laboratory making it so stressful to work there now. Instrumentation is good and keep up with the trend. Salary and benefits are being kept compared to other Hospitals in Los Angeles.
Stepping stone
IRB Analyst Full time (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 28, 2018
This job has given me lots of opportunities to learn, but the work tends to be repetitive and lacks the opportunity to challenge thinking of new solutions.
Clinical Partner/Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 28, 2018
Great place to work. Hi tech facility but can be stressful. Very knowledgeable staff. Great food and very clean facility. Great. Management team and great staff.
Unpleasant work environment
Manager of Cardiac PACU (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 26, 2018
No support of upper management. Contentious work environment. Asked to make changes that were difficult to accomplish but did not support the effort required to do this.
Cons
Poor attitude of staff and management
Productive workplace
Dishwasher/ Housekeeper/Food Attendant (Current Employee) –  8700 Beverly Blvd Los Angeles CA 90048November 21, 2018
We're always busy at work. We serve different kinds of food.
Three days I'm in the line area and two days I'm in the dishwashing area.
The hardest part of the job is washing dishes without dish washing machine.
Pros
Free lunch.
Cons
10 minutes break
Operating room RN (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 17, 2018
Worked at the out patient surgery center for twelve years and was the best time of my working career so far. This group of people was the best to work with. We all got along and were like family.
Looks like we are pigeon caged
EVS Tech (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 13, 2018
I noticed that not much was given to the staff working in my department either you’re a closed friend or relative you’ll be given a chance to move up. Most of the staff working in my department even have a degree or masters! No career advancement!
Cons
No career advancement
Not for everyone
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  West Hollywood, CANovember 13, 2018
Very demanding population, fluctuations in budget spending leading to loss of quality and important ancillary resources. Must remain flexible to change here and willing to go above and beyond expectations to deliver your service.
I love cedars its just far from where I lived.
Registerd Nurse (Current Employee) –  Float poolNovember 13, 2018
Pt.centered institution. Safe place to be cared of. One of the best Hospital nationwide and worldwide. Provide the best care.pt. oriented. Encourage employees to advanced career opportunities.matches 401K. Great place for work experience and has advanced in medical technology. A teaching Hospital! Involves in community services.ranks among nations hospitals for competitive research. Has innovative practices in cardiovascular surgery and cardiology. Efficient and has a fully coordinated healthcare system.we have the top specialist in all fields of medicine and well trained and experienced nursing staff.
Pros
Meal discounts
Cons
Short breaks. No more overtimes.
Best Job Ever
Payroll Representative/ Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 10, 2018
The payroll team really felt like a family, I grew up with them. I have a special bond to this my first real job. The corporate office is a mile away and they have free shuttles to and from the hospital.
Pros
Free Shuttles
Cons
Parking Location Traffic Jams
Cedars Sinai is a good place to work.
CS Link application specialist II (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 10, 2018
People are respectful and professional.
As Epic is being settled at Cedars I am seeking for more challanging opportunity.
Working at Cedars have been a great opportunity for me to gain deep Epic build knowledge, and learn about professional way to provide user support & teamwork.
Pros
Good benefit
Cons
Very limited on promotion
Primary employment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 9, 2018
Charge Nurse responsibilities include overseeing the care of critically ill patients in a 12 unit Medical and 12 unit Respiratory Intensive Care Unit.
Pros
Resources
Cons
Changing climate
great culture
Lead Craft Specialist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 8, 2018
The culture of the hospital is fantastic. However, I found limited opportunities for advancement. I felt like I was useful In my present position, so my manager did not want to promote me and have to replace me.
Pros
Pay and benifits
Good Place to work
Clinical Nurse III (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA 90048November 6, 2018
Good Place to work, follows ASPAN Criteria for patient ratio. 5 Separate PACU . Patient population in our unit includes Thoracic, Kidney Transplant, Colorectal Surgery, Bariatric surgery, Orthopedic surgery, OB-Gyn cases, General surgery, Vascular Surgery, Gender Reassignment surgery, Occasional Neuro surgery, ENT Interventional Radiology under anesthesia, Gastrointestinal Cases. The hospital has about 900 bed capacity. Occasional charge nurse role or relief nurse and occasional pre-op nurse. Magnet designation x4. Lots of training available for RN
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Distance from home
Cedars Sinai is a very professional hospital.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 5, 2018
Cedars sinai doesn’t feel like home to me like i used to in my other hospital. It’s definitely more professional and strict. I wish nurses got more credit for what we do.
productive and fast paced environment
TRANSPORTER (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 4, 2018
This is a good company and great benefits.There is plenty of training and job enhancing opportunities. This company also offers plenty of onsite and offsite help.
Pros
good benefits and close to my home
Cons
work schedules

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cedars-Sinai. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Cedars-Sinai.

Powered by Comparably