Cedars-Sinai Employee Reviews

Under Pressure
Patient Service Rep II (Current Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CAOctober 10, 2018
My experience with Cedars Sinai was not what I expected. Unfortunately The hospital is just the name of Celebrities. I feel that Cedars ( at least my department) does not acknowledge the employees hard work. I did not feel appreciated here. I was not given my LOA as by law we are allowed to spread for a year before your baby is one.
Pros
Health Benifits, OT when approved.
Cons
30 min breaks.
the worst place i have aver worked
CT Technologist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 4, 2018
the worst place i have aver worked ,micromanagement, to many charged people telling you what to do .imaging department CT and -x-ray horrible place bad vibes bad management plays favoritism and if you speak up they retaliate . you go to HR nothing happens you are a slave at this evil place don't work there RUN RUN
Pros
pay
Cons
all
Nice
Discharge Planner (Current Employee) –  Marina del Rey, CAOctober 3, 2018
Great place to work possibility for advancement is available hospital is small and cozy with a family like feeling I would recommend this hospital to local friends and family
Good working and learning environment
Medical Assistant/PSR (Former Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CASeptember 28, 2018
Cedars was where I learned the majority of the skills that I have today along with making me the dependable employee that I am today. My job title at Cedars was to float through the specialty office making sure everyone had coverage for the day. I enjoyed the not knowing where I was going to be for the day. It could be Dermatology, Cardiology, ENT whatever it was I was ready to work the office just as if the nurse that was out would. What I loved about working at Cedars at the time was we where a family that cared about each other and the CEO at the time when I was working there was the best CEO that you can ever work for. He was a very caring man that loved his employees and did whatever he could to make us happy he was like a dad but he was the boss.Working for him was what made my job enjoyable.
Productive and great people
Administrative Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 26, 2018
The work environment was pleasant; everyone was friendly and welcoming. For the short period that I was there, I was filing documents, inputting information into an online portal, and taking documents to get signed. I enjoyed the time I was there, although inputting the information was not as easy as it may seem because one had to go back and forth between two windows to confirm the data was the correct one.
hospital only cares about itself not the employees
Admissions Rep (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 23, 2018
manager + Hr dont care about employees all they are worried about is not getting sued.... cedars is a good hospital but not good to the employees......
wonderful
Yed Worker (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 19, 2018
I was given a lifetime opportunity and would have stayed there if i was more of an office type of person but i don't thrive in those situations. I need activity not monotonousness
Pros
Great for resume in that field
Cons
office work
Benefits are good but salary is on the low end.
Management Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 17, 2018
Benefits/Salary/Advancement: Benefits are good and my direct supervisor is helpful. However salary is on the low end, with little opportunity to advance (at least in my position - primarily due to a manager who did not like me or my supervisor, as she felt we might take her job).
Culture: They constantly stress they welcome suggestions to improve things and increase efficiency, but if you send too many emails, the replies start coming from HR. Most other employees are helpful, but in some departments you are shuffled from one person to another. Also there are some issues with departments (e.g., Purchasing and AP) not communicating with each other. Finally, they have too many policies and procedures which conflict with each other (impossible to figure out what rules to follow).
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Salary, work culture
Good place for professionals to thrive.
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CASeptember 15, 2018
The hardest part of my day was the commute to and from. My actual work was decent and I enjoyed what I did as well as my staff and managers. Pay was fair. They kept us in the know as much as possible. There were incentives until new management and budget cuts, and lay offs. I had good years with this organization prior to and wished to continue there.
Pros
Incentives, bonuses
Cons
budget cuts, lay offs
Workplace Culture
Dietetic Technician (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 12, 2018
Working at Cedars-Sinai is a pleasant experience. All of the employees take pride in working at Cedars, and it shows. Everyone is nice and willing to help each other.
productive place to work
Supervisor David Watkins (Former Employee) –  los angeles californiaSeptember 11, 2018
different zones in he ED based on the type of patient you are seeing. I think they were a level 2 trauma center. Only trauma certified nurses work that area
Nice job working with alot of interesting people
Physicians Billing Coordinator II (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 10, 2018
I really enjoyed my job...fun people to work with doctors and nurses...billing for the Doctors and working in the Emergency room...doing a variety of things to help billing along...dictation Icd 9 codes
Pros
Enjoyed my job
Cons
I miss it
Great Company to work for, Great Management team,
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CASeptember 10, 2018
This is one of the best companies I've ever worked for. Their company statement is true to the core impacting their daily processes imparting inspiration and clarity of mission to their employees.

This is a great organization to work for, caring, professional aiding and servicing the patient's needs and necessities.
Pros
People, Doctors, Patients, Pay, Benefits, Professionalism.
Cons
Non that I can think of
Not for everyone,
Mental Health Worker (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 9, 2018
Just keep to yourself, do your job and go home. A lot of chiefs and not enough Indians, nasty attitudes, talked about in different language, when English should be spoken at all times. No support, bullying, no one is on your side, not what I expected, which was my dream to always work there, very disappointed
Pros
Pay
Cons
Bullying, staff and management, no support
Excellent place to work
Clinical Nurse IV (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 6, 2018
Fast paced unit with admissions,discharges,transfers to impatient units.I learned how well managed time to accomplish all task at work and to accurately provide and assist nurses with direct patient care.
I managed to help staff and patients to keep up with direct patient care as well to trouble shooting clinical issues as they appear.Culture work place is well managed by allowing staff verbalized the needs to improved patient care as well as staff needs to stay in the present .The hardest part is listening to a staff complain with out a plan to fix the complain. I love nursing ,for I learn to find a positive point in everything that happens through the shift.I enjoy Nursing.
Cedars-Sinai was a great place to work at. Management changes made it more difficult than it should have been.
Desktop Support (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 4, 2018
Compensation and benefits were good compared to other companies. Management (pertaining to my department only) changes and constant reorganization were puzzling and made work unpleasant towards the end. You can do a great job but at the end of the day it wouldn't matter because management will always feel that you didn't do enough. Sad to say that most of my friends and co-workers have left to find employment elsewhere to have a better environment to work in. I loved working there but all good things must come to an end.
Pros
Benefits and compensation
not a fun place to work
STERILE PROCESSING TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 3, 2018
management need to be more professional and communicative and hospital need to practice the hospital vision. The hospital need to promote promotion within the department, motivate the employees, support and encourage to a professional attitude.
Cedar Sinai Hospital
Data Entry Clerk/ Payment Poster (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAAugust 29, 2018
Great Place to work. All the staff is very friendly & the management team is very nice. Good communication between the Staff & Supervisor. i was at an offsite location in Torrance CA.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no over time
Honored to work at Cedars Sinai
IT Specialist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 28, 2018
Cedars Sinai invests on their employee's skills so that their employees can grow and at the same time perform quality work. Cedar's have their best intention to educate employees with best practices - professionally and personally. It is a community that prioritizes innovation, growth, commitment & hard work with good heart.
Fast paced and busy enviroment
Patient Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 28, 2018
On a typical day I was responsible for delivering and receiving time sensitive materials from about 20 internal financial offices within the hospital campus for the main patient financial services office. The main office was not on campus but rather a mile away from the main campus which meant I had to take the shuttle back and forth. I would need to do this once in the morning and once in the afternoon and make sure I was always on time. Since management wanted us to be cross trained I also learned how to scan documents, index those docs into our patient account systems. and maintain the documents files and file room. My coworkers were some of the most supportive and diverse group of individuals I had the pleasure to work with. The hardest part was learning the new processes as they would arise but that would change as time progressed and I would get better at those processes. I really enjoyed the different team building exercises we had periodically and became a tighter team for it.
Pros
Team oriented, and progressive with technology.
Cons
Very fast paced but manageable.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cedars-Sinai. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.5InHerSight Score

3.7Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight