Cedars-Sinai Employee Reviews

I love cedars its just far from where I lived.
Registerd Nurse (Current Employee) –  Float poolNovember 13, 2018
Pt.centered institution. Safe place to be cared of. One of the best Hospital nationwide and worldwide. Provide the best care.pt. oriented. Encourage employees to advanced career opportunities.matches 401K. Great place for work experience and has advanced in medical technology. A teaching Hospital! Involves in community services.ranks among nations hospitals for competitive research. Has innovative practices in cardiovascular surgery and cardiology. Efficient and has a fully coordinated healthcare system.we have the top specialist in all fields of medicine and well trained and experienced nursing staff.
Pros
Meal discounts
Cons
Short breaks. No more overtimes.
Benefits are good but salary is on the low end.
Management Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 17, 2018
Benefits/Salary/Advancement: Benefits are good and my direct supervisor is helpful. However salary is on the low end, with little opportunity to advance (at least in my position - primarily due to a manager who did not like me or my supervisor, as she felt we might take her job).
Culture: They constantly stress they welcome suggestions to improve things and increase efficiency, but if you send too many emails, the replies start coming from HR. Most other employees are helpful, but in some departments you are shuffled from one person to another. Also there are some issues with departments (e.g., Purchasing and AP) not communicating with each other. Finally, they have too many policies and procedures which conflict with each other (impossible to figure out what rules to follow).
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Salary, work culture
Damage Control
OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH NURSE CASE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 5, 2018
I worked for more than 10 years and thrived in a job where I had the ability to utilize my clinical, networking and social skills with patients, nurses and physicians in a clinical field-based case management position.

Unfortunately for me and my patients the recipe and delivery of services was changed to a micromanaged administrative nightmare which prevented the case management team from providing individual and quality case management thus causing delays in receiving important treatment information, delays in treatment and increased days in the system.

The job I enjoyed so much which gave the ability to help at the point of service, assist with treatment decisions and expedite care was tossed upon the scrap heap and instantly liquidated for a sterile, bleak, non-contact existence set in a cubicle for 8 hours and 5 days a week. I was sad to leave my friends and patients behind but happy to be relieved of the burdensome tasks that were killing me slowly each passing day. Something had to give - and they gave me away.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Micromanaging, Not Open to Ideas or Solutions
Good Place to work
Clinical Nurse III (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA 90048November 6, 2018
Good Place to work, follows ASPAN Criteria for patient ratio. 5 Separate PACU . Patient population in our unit includes Thoracic, Kidney Transplant, Colorectal Surgery, Bariatric surgery, Orthopedic surgery, OB-Gyn cases, General surgery, Vascular Surgery, Gender Reassignment surgery, Occasional Neuro surgery, ENT Interventional Radiology under anesthesia, Gastrointestinal Cases. The hospital has about 900 bed capacity. Occasional charge nurse role or relief nurse and occasional pre-op nurse. Magnet designation x4. Lots of training available for RN
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Distance from home
Cedars-Sinai was a great place to work at. Management changes made it more difficult than it should have been.
Desktop Support (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 4, 2018
Compensation and benefits were good compared to other companies. Management (pertaining to my department only) changes and constant reorganization were puzzling and made work unpleasant towards the end. You can do a great job but at the end of the day it wouldn't matter because management will always feel that you didn't do enough. Sad to say that most of my friends and co-workers have left to find employment elsewhere to have a better environment to work in. I loved working there but all good things must come to an end.
Pros
Benefits and compensation
Cons
Opportunities for salary increased, good benefits
PACU RN (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 14, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job was working in PACU and taking care of my patients. I like the opportunities for advance education and clinical ladder. The hardest part of the job was working four twelve hour shifts; however, this was my choice. Cedars' culture favors a particular group of people that advances in management with less regard to their skills, management and nursing abilities.
Pros
Salary, benefits, advancement in education
Cons
short breaks, very busy, cost of living and housing in LA
Community Relations, the best department!
Senior Events Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 24, 2018
I loved Community Relations working for the Board of Governors, extremely well-educated donors and volunteers. We all planned lovely events together as it made my life very happy, thus raising funds various causes.
Attended terrific black tie events with extraordinary ambiance, speakers, entertainment and fine dining. Dressed for success!
Working closely with donors and volunteers is a great feeling as you feel so empowered by their valuable time, philanthropy, enthusiasm, support and dedication!
Great benefits, pay and a beautiful Medical Center, renowned of course!
Pros
Black Tie Events, Entertainment, Working with extraordinary Donors and Volunteers
Work culture
PBX Technician (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 22, 2018
This organization has not a family oriented culture anymore. The organization it's about growing and meeting their numbers at the end of the year. They have let go of more than 1500 employees in the last 3 years, no one is talking abut it or asking questions, but have acquired other hospitals and clinics as they grow larger and larger.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
you are just a number
Micro-Managment
OFFICE SUPPORT (Current Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CADecember 11, 2018
If you like being micro-managed, then this is the place for you. They treat employees as if they were children. The only way to move up, is to literally brown nose your way.

Policies are only followed when it suits the need. Nepotism abounds.
Benefits
Cons
Management, working conditions.
great culture
Lead Craft Specialist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 8, 2018
The culture of the hospital is fantastic. However, I found limited opportunities for advancement. I felt like I was useful In my present position, so my manager did not want to promote me and have to replace me.
Pros
Pay and benifits
Payroll Representative II (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 5, 2018
great hospital to work for, they offer great benefits, great pay, they offer classes for employment advancement, employee support when life crisis happen
Pros
great benefits and pay
Cons
Na
Under Pressure
Patient Service Rep II (Current Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CAOctober 10, 2018
My experience with Cedars Sinai was not what I expected. Unfortunately The hospital is just the name of Celebrities. I feel that Cedars ( at least my department) does not acknowledge the employees hard work. I did not feel appreciated here. I was not given my LOA as by law we are allowed to spread for a year before your baby is one.
Pros
Health Benifits, OT when approved.
Cons
30 min breaks.
Hectic working environment in the lab due to increase in volume of work.
Clinical Lab Scientist III (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 1, 2018
Work volume has increased considerably in the Laboratory making it so stressful to work there now. Instrumentation is good and keep up with the trend. Salary and benefits are being kept compared to other Hospitals in Los Angeles.
Great Company to work for, Great Management team,
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CASeptember 10, 2018
This is one of the best companies I've ever worked for. Their company statement is true to the core impacting their daily processes imparting inspiration and clarity of mission to their employees.

This is a great organization to work for, caring, professional aiding and servicing the patient's needs and necessities.
Pros
People, Doctors, Patients, Pay, Benefits, Professionalism.
Cons
Non that I can think of
productive and fast paced environment
TRANSPORTER (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 4, 2018
This is a good company and great benefits.There is plenty of training and job enhancing opportunities. This company also offers plenty of onsite and offsite help.
Pros
good benefits and close to my home
Cons
work schedules
Great plan to learn
Postdoctoral Scientist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 7, 2019
work day is great. Great people to work with. Manager was great. Budgets are tight but we did well. the workplace culture was very science driven.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
401K plan
Great Atmosphere
Data Management/Development Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 3, 2018
Great company to work for with great atmosphere. Outstanding benefits and great location. Centrally location near Beverly Hills with offices throughout West LA.
Pros
Employee appreciation days
Cons
Lunch break too short
Great health insurance, but very difficult to advance
Administrative Support (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 23, 2018
Great health insurance. Other benefits are good as well. Hoevewr, it is extremely difficult to advance. It is who you know. Promotions are usually given to outside employees. Management is hit or miss.
great place to work
Security Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 3, 2018
My commute was the mitigating factor to me leaving Cedars. It was mentally and physically draining spending 3 hours a day in traffic. The benefits are outstanding.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
LA traffic
Great place
Research Associate II (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 24, 2018
Awesome! Medical benefits are the best. I had a $10,000 MRI and my co-pay was $0! My prescriptions are $0 as well. There's always some event with raffles or giveaways. Great way to keep morale high.
Pros
Medical benefits
Cons
N/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cedars-Sinai. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Cedars-Sinai.

Powered by Comparably