Cedars-Sinai Employee Reviews

Its hard to work there but they pay really well and the benefits are great.
Certified Surgical Technologist III (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 20, 2017
The manager is leaving and I am waiting to see how things will change. Its hard to work there but they pay really well and the benefits are great. They will pay for nursing school.
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 19, 2017
Overall, a great place to work, staff pretty decent, Doctors are great to work with also. Management is kinda of bad. But great work culture there. Nice campus also.
Pros
Great place to learn
Cons
Management stinks
getting worse
Medical Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 16, 2017
It use to be more of a family place to work now its just who can tell you what to do with such disrespect, if they don't like you your out, however bad manager just move around with no consequences. it is so eagle driven you can not have an opinion.
Medical Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 14, 2017
Everyone is very helpful, the managers are great and its a very open and awesome place to work. Management listens to us and problems hardly ever arise.
Great Place to work and a great hospital
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CANovember 9, 2017
Very fast paced with demanding patients and physicians. This is where I learned to properly Supervise staff. My manager was awesome and she helped me become a great leader. The hardest part of the job was actually the best part of the job, the people. Dealing with staff and their issues and also helping them resolve these issues so they can be successful
Great work environment
Management Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 8, 2017
Great work environment with the most wonderful doctors to work for, great employees to work with, however department manager not very professional and had favoritism over employees. Besides that, great compensation and health benefits.
Active volunteer: Training Care By the Bedside (TCAB) program.
Active volunteer (Current Employee) –  Stroke Unit Floor 4November 7, 2017
Responsibilities on a typical day include enforcing safety checks, emotional supporter, shadowing registered nurses. Everything taught is via shadowing experience. Management is superb as the work flow is efficient without too many run-ins.
Cons
No pay
Extreme professionalism
Phlebotomist Technician (Former Employee) –  West Hollywood, CANovember 6, 2017
There are not enough space to write my gratitude for this hospital. The team work get the job done. And the pay is great. The atmosphere is a plus. The people are thoughtful, and are always willing to lend a hand. I give this place 50 thumbs up if I had them.
Pros
Room for advancement
Cons
Parking.
Its a great company to work for.
Financial Care Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 3, 2017
I been working there for 10 years and I will retire there.I have enjoyed working with this company and meeting new people, I have learned alot in the medical field.
Working for Cedars has been one of the most disappointments of my life!
Health Associate (Former Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CAOctober 30, 2017
Never in my life have I encountered so many politics in a job. Cedars Sinai is nothing more but a disappointment in the medical field. Especially when it comes to being compliant with HIPAA. If society only knew what really went on in the Beverly Hills location; they wouldn't be Joint Commission Accredited.
Cons
politics, temp employees, profesionalism
Excellent management
Clinical Registered Nurse II (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 25, 2017
Typical days include patients care, progression of care rounds, mange pain and perform neurological exams through out the shift. Work environment is full of learning opportunities and can easily walk out of there with atleast one new thing every shift.

Supportive management.

Team work is strongly encouraged.

The hardest part on our unit is safely managing patient's pain due to chronic illness and their behavioral changes caused by so much discomfort.
great for advancement
Senior Quality Assurance Educator, Admissions (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 24, 2017
I was able to move up five times working at this hospital and the pay was not bad. If you are looking for a future this is the hospital to work for! Very competitive but its a busy hospital!
Pros
excellen benefits and pay
Cons
lunch breaks are too short
Cool
Logistics Technician (Current Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CAOctober 24, 2017
I really like and enjoy working at cedar sinai medical center. It is a good working environment with very good people. Very versatile in different areas
Management Assistant II
Management Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 23, 2017
Loved this place. Excellent perks, stability and excellent benefit package. I love how they still offer a pension plan in addition to their 403B. Received a nice bonus, yearly in October. Enjoyed not having to pay a copay if you decide to see a Cedar Sinai physician.
Cons
Location ad parking
Excellent hospital to work for
Research Associate III (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 23, 2017
I joined Cedars as a postdoc, and then switched to research associate. They have really good programs to help you with career advancement and work-life balance. There are many events that makes you feel proud to be part of the hospital, like employee appreciation day, postdoc week, roundabouts, retreats, and social hours that provide snacks and live music. The benefit is great. I pay less than $20 of health insurance each month, and get completely covered for giving birth to a baby (even got a $25 gift card for employee's stay).
Pros
great benefit, seminars with free lunch, beautiful environment, friendly people
Cons
Located in a very expensive area. Commute to work is a headache.
An important place to work
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 20, 2017
For the most part, Cedars-Sinai is a great employer. The benefits are very good and the pay is competitive. The workplace is very top-heavy with management, many of whom are in their positions because they have an advanced degree and not because they are competent. However, Cedars-Sinai seems to really care about its employees and puts forth a lot of effort to make it a positive work environment.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Poor management
An excellent hospital to work
Research Associate I (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 20, 2017
Cedars Sinai Medical Center is an excellent hospital. It cares about the employee happiness, health and advancement. Great hospital to work. Nice coworkers. Good benefits.
great place to work and train
Medical Assistant Externship (ob/gyn) (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 18, 2017
great externship experience. I did injections (sub-q, intramuscular glucoses,intradermal. All types of blood draws, vitals sign,charting, customer service , filing, verify insurances, assist doctors when need it was a OB_GYN office.

I enjoy watching my patients walk out with a easy face and smile.
Pros
if the pt has to be referred to different doctor for a special illness
Cons
from the begining to the end all insurance is done well.
Great research hospital
Kidney, Liver, and Pancreatic Transplant Nurse (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 16, 2017
Fast paced and you are required to work 7 days in a two week period. Great place to advance based on your education and where you want to go. Magnet hospital with heavy patient traffic and national and world reputation.
Pros
Prestigious place to work
Cons
Not union
The work is great and co workers are fun management is horrible.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 14, 2017
1. Stop promoting your friends that aren't qualified
2. Re-organize Human Resources not helpful to employees seeking help
3. Monitor the surgeons before going into operating room
Pros
Benefits and pay great
Cons
Management is horrible clearly not the same place it was 10 years ago

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cedars-Sinai. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3