Cedars-Sinai Employee Reviews

Opportunities for salary increased, good benefits
PACU RN (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 14, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job was working in PACU and taking care of my patients. I like the opportunities for advance education and clinical ladder. The hardest part of the job was working four twelve hour shifts; however, this was my choice. Cedars' culture favors a particular group of people that advances in management with less regard to their skills, management and nursing abilities.
Pros
Salary, benefits, advancement in education
Cons
short breaks, very busy, cost of living and housing in LA
Good Place to work
Clinical Nurse III (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 14, 2018
Good place to work, flexible at times depending on the unit you find yourself. Great pay but hard work. Very patient focuses and the bar is set so high to achieve its goals.
High energy atmosphere there is always something to learn
Specialty Technician II- Main GI Lab (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 14, 2018
I have learned so much from Cedars Sinai, from doctors, nurses, technicians, they all very knowledgeable and helpful they all share the information they can with you!!
Pros
lots of work, long breaks
not the place to be an employee
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 8, 2018
Unless you are an actual healthcare provider (e.g., MD, RN) you should not be looking for employment within the growing industry as you will always be first on the chopping block.
a great place to work
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 8, 2018
Cedars- Sinai is a great place to work with nice benefits. The company treats its employees with respect. In my opinion, they set the standard for Health Care industry.
Pros
Great benefit and flexible hours
Cons
Traffic
My experience working at Cedars Sinai Medical Center
Nursing Communication Technician (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 6, 2018
Cedars Sinai Medical Center is a organization that promotes growth, excellence, education as well a health. The work day begins by setting up the emegin program we use to alter RN when patients are in need, hand out voalte phones, answer all triage calls, documenting, ordering supplies for unit and many other task. Assisting with any need or concerns regarding patients. I learned very valuable information regarding medical conditions, medical terminology, what to do in the event of a code blue and many other wonderful things! Management always made time to come by and check on the unit to assure all needs were met. The dynamic of Cedars was very diverse and understanding in regards to ones religion, age, sex and cultural values and customs. The hardest part of the job is seeing the children ill but we as a team would help the patients and families feel as comfortable as possible during their hospitalization. The best part of the job was seeing the smile on the patients and families faces as they prepared to be discharged and seeing that their recovery was successful. have had some of the most amazing experiences and I will forever cherish all the wonderful people I met along the way of my six wonderful years spent working at Cedars. I want to move forward and contribute all the knowledge, work ethic and skills I possess to another organization which will allow me to continue to grow professionall
Administrative Services Associate (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 3, 2018
Great place to work. Great colleagues to work with; very Diverse, wonderful location and beautiful environment to work in. Eateries and plenty of shopping
Pros
Yearly bonuses
Cons
Should have stock options
Excellent place to work
Senior Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 2, 2018
Excellent place to work. The opportunities to advance are available . The work schedule is very flexible and meets family needs. The pay is very good and the coworkers are very friendly.
Pros
Excellent schedules
Cons
No cons at this point
Great MDs Poor Management
Research Nurse Coordinator I (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 1, 2018
MDs are great. Sadly poor support from management and department not fully supportive of research. Very poor work/life balance in research departments.
Great place to work.
Receptionist/Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CAJuly 29, 2018
Great place to work. Expect to be busy most of the day. Management can be hard to get to sometimes but will get back to you. Best part of the job is forming relationships with the patients.
work
Indexer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 29, 2018
typical work day was payment postings very quite office own cubicle space able to work with headphones on so having music was a plus made the day go by fast
Pros
chill environment
Cons
sometimes very boring and lonely
Modernizing Healthcare System with great benefits and competitive pay
Patient Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 23, 2018
It is always a pleasure to come to work, leadership staff is knowledgeable and motivating.

Cedars also provides the necessary resources to move forward within the organization.
Pros
Great Leadership
Cons
Great organization with room for improvement
Supervisor - Sterile Processing & Sterile Supplies (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 17, 2018
Purchase the surgical instruments needed to support scheduled cases. Wonderful caring people wprk at Cedars-Sinai. Most people are friendly and always will to help. The staff offers excellent patient care.
Pros
Excellent staff
Cons
Instrument shortage, logistics are a challenge
Fast paced
Administrative Assistant - (OLAR) (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 17, 2018
Fast paced, energetic place to work. Learning new things every day. Commute is a big challenge. Overall a good place to work, I'd recommend to family and friends.
productive place to work
Clinical Partner (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 13, 2018
I loved working for this company they have an abundance of programs to help you advance in your career and are always promoting and encouraging staff to return back to school or to go for the transfer to another floor.
Pros
Great Salary
Cons
no discounts on cafateria foods for employees and its pretty pricey!
Good Place To Work
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 10, 2018
Cedars is a good place to work for a secure job. Just does not present much of a challenge. Also upper management values saving money over actual long term solutions.
Not sure what's going on
Health Systems Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 9, 2018
Cedars Sinai has been known as one of the best places to work in the IT world however over the last couple years the department has lost sight of work life balanace. There are simply too many meetings and way to many expectations without enough staff. The lack of strategic decision making without proper analysis of the business impact is frustrating the staff and fostering a culture of "I don't care."
Nice and clean environment
CAREGIVER (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 3, 2018
Residents are treated with the utmost respect. The company values their employees. It is one of the cleanest assisted living complexes I have seen. All the residents seem to enjoy living there.
Pros
Free lucnh providded per shift
Cons
n/a
Productive work place
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Inglewood, CAJune 29, 2018
The place is a great work area to be in. It is very interesting and it keeps me occupied for the amount of hours that I am there as a volunteer there.
Nice place to work
Registry Associate (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAJune 25, 2018
I would recommend Cedars a place to work for to my family and friends because you will be able to have long years at this business and once you work here you can move around in this company.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Lay offs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cedars-Sinai. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.7Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight