Cedarwood Plaza Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Those poor residents
Administration (Former Employee) –  Cleveland Heights, OHMay 10, 2018
To work there is to understand why I gave my review the summary that I did. Very unstructured administration, employees are too comfortable being "themselves" in front of each other. Very poor attitudes in general as well as toward one another, the nursing staff skill levels are questionable. STNA's standing around congregating too often. No good team communication between staff members. I WOULD NOT send my loved one to this facility. Unprofessionalism with some staff, not friendly at all. Housekeeping Dietary, Maintenance, PT staff, are excellent.
Pros
Building relationships with the residents and families.
Cons
Too many to list.
Dont send your loved ones there
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  12504 cedar roadNovember 30, 2017
HORRIBLE PLACE TO WORK!!!!! VERY unfriendly, rude, disrespectful. No one cares about the residents! Everyone in the building gossips all day. It’s like high school. No one wants to deal with drama everyday
Pros
can smoke whenever you want.
enjoyed
Housekeeping/Laundry (Former Employee) –  Cleveland Heights, OHNovember 14, 2017
Fast paced, loving, energetic, fun environment to be in I was working for a contract company and there contract was up so we were laid off. Resident makes the job easier and fun they also make the time fly by. Management was loving and understanding.
Not a good place to work
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cleveland Heights, OHAugust 21, 2017
This was a horrible place to work.DON was very unprofessional, and some nurses were incompetent. Patient were the ones that was suffering due to lack of proper care.
Horrible workplace
Stna (Former Employee) –  NursingJuly 7, 2017
From there administration to their nursing staff the place sucks.Unfriendly and miserable co-workers,arrogant administrator and negligent LPN's and RN's everyone is just there for a a check. Residents go weeks without baths and mouth care. It smells horrible and if you do your job and more they get mad. I couldn't stay and work there I love the residents to much and state was called.
Pros
Cons
Everything is horrible
It was a relaxed environment
STNA (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 9, 2017
I have nothing negative to say about the facility. When I was working there the environment was clean and safe for all of my residents. It was a friendly atmosphere and everyone seemed to get along fine.
Pros
Working with the elderly
Cons
Minimum wage
Very misleading in every aspect
Confidential Employee (Former Employee) –  Cleveland Heights, OHMarch 28, 2017
Management is very controlling and treats employees poorly. Employees takes the mistreatment because they need their jobs. Stay Away! Very disrespectful staff. A lot of favoritism and clicks. The staff puts on a loving, charming personality when visitors and family are on the premises but when visitors leave, the nasty attitudes and degrading attitudes re-surfaces. Be careful when placing your loved ones here. Everything that appears to be is not; in every aspect.
Pros
It is just a job, nothing to look forward to.
Cons
No appreciation, no compliments, you are just a number
not a great place to work
STNA (Former Employee) –  ohio cedar rdAugust 21, 2015
very unorganized, short staff often, pay is horrible, and the coworkers aren't to friendly, it smells bad the residents are nice and it would be a much better place if these things changed
Good Company
Ward Clerk/Medical Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cleveland Heights, OHJanuary 18, 2014
Do a daily check of patient appointments Schedules patients appointments and transportation. Filing in patients charts, work switchboard for an hour. Work well with co-workers and management. Close out discharge charts, copied Medical records. Obtaining signature from physicians.

Assisting families and patients with their concerns.
Pros
Never a dull moments.
Cons
This job was a great introduction to the world of nursing and rehabilitaion.
Rehabilitation Aide/ Full-time Employment (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 20, 2013
Assisting residents with their actvities of daily living.

I learned that you can really get attached to someone when you take care of them and know their story and see their struggle.

Management and co- workers all got along. We all worked together to get our jobs done effectively and smoothly.

The hardest part of the job was losing a resident to death.

The most enjoyable part of this job was seeing residents enjoy their last days. Quite a few of them with joy and vigor.
Pros
The job would offer a lot of overtime.
Cons
Smoke room and break rooms were both in the basement.
Excellent work place to get a start.
RN Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cleveland Heights, OHJuly 23, 2013
My day usually begins with the admission of one or more patients. I have learned that team work really does matter. The hardest part of my job is dealing with the loss of a patient. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing my patient make a full recovery, and return home to their family.
Pros
The reward of helping others
Cons
Short staff
I enjoy being an activity assistant...fun activities...Coffe hour pretty cool.
Activity Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cleveland Heights, OHDecember 13, 2012
My typical day at Cedarwood consist of getting the residents to go to Coffee hour which consist of eating donuts or cookies and/or cookies and donuts.We talk about current events,listen to music and we end with a trivia game. After that i sit with the residents and talk to them while they wait for their lunch.Then when their lunch arrive I go eat my lunch. Then i gather resident for the afternoon movie/bingo/manicure/arts and crafts.Then later its time for me to go home.
Pros
free lunch, residents
Cons
short breaks, morning go by slow
Fun place to work very family orient.
Wound Nurse/Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland Heights, OHAugust 24, 2012
Very busy, a nerver sit down kind of place, keeps you on your toes, you get very close to your residents, families and co-workers. Management are easy too talk to, and have an open door policy. The hardest part of the job is when you have to pass things on even when you try your hardest to get it done on your shift. The most enjoyable part of the job is making your resident and familes smile.
Pros
christmas party
Cons
short breaks, healthcare benifits, christmas party held on premsis

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cedarwood Plaza. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9