CEFCO Convenience Stores Employee Reviews

Its ok other than u cant get anyome tp work so the store manager has to work all the time
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Meridian, MSJuly 9, 2018
It's ok but the stress level is ridiculous I would work for check again only if I had older crew that is willing to work and do not always call in I can understand sometimes but not all the time
Quick Paced, busy and often stressful
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXJuly 8, 2018
I would go in at 3 AM and do store close and paperwork, set up and do deposit. Stock and clean the store, manage multiple employees. I would also order inventory and check in vendors. The store is a truck stop and deli, so I also had to manage the deli.
Pros
Meet new people
Cons
Stressful work environment.
lacklustre
Representative (Former Employee) –  Little River, TXJuly 3, 2018
It's a gas station, convenience store. You are left alone overnight to your own devices. However, if anything happens you have to think on your feet. It is a boring position
Pros
Cons
everything
Poor managment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mart, TXJuly 1, 2018
They did not respect their employees, and when they made a mistake and knew about would not fix and put their employees in a bind. Did not appreciate anything the employees did. If we needed help and needed to call someone the people we was allowed to call would not come help or would not answer the phone.
Pros
Cons
No breaks and nor raises
It was a decent C-store job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Ridgeland, MSJune 27, 2018
The store was sold and closed shortly after I started there so I can't really give a balanced review. My supervisor was decent and fair so I have no complaints in that area.
You meet a lot people.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Greenville, MSJune 24, 2018
Working in a store like this you will meet a lot of people with different personalities. From young people to the elderly. I liked it because of the people.
Cons
No lunch breaks no security
Not a good place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fritch, TXJune 21, 2018
Cefco is not a good place to work. My boss always had me working alone, I never got any breaks. I worked there for a year and never got a raise. They were supposed to give me a $100 bonus which I never recieved. I waited about 6 months for my raise and my bonus and asked my manager and the boss about it several times and still never got it. Cefco does not care about their employees whatsoever.
Cons
No breaks, have to work alone
Worst place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Paris, TXJune 12, 2018
Do not try and work for this company! They do not stand behind their employees, which they think are expandable. There is not room for growth within this company, no competitive pay, or loyal coworkers. Coworkers, company with throw you under the bus in a heart beat.
Fun but a nightmare
Customer service representative (Current Employee) –  Killeen, TXJune 11, 2018
The job was fun at the start but now Im practically running the store alone on my shifts and the pay doesn't justify the work. Not to mention having to come in on extremely short notice for people who can't work sometimes leaves me working on no sleep. I mean I really love interacting with the customers and some of my co workers. But being expected to everything in the store on top of dealing with customers and extra stuff your manager wants you to do...its stressful and painful. In some stores your expected to do the job of two or three people alone with no help.
Pros
Fun customers, good first job
Cons
No real breaks, not paid enough, overworked
Long hours and hard nights
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXMay 10, 2018
I worked graveyard typically and there were many times that I worked from 9pm until 2pm the next day. It happened so often that I went in to work thinking I wasn't going to be home for almost 14 hours. Then you get yelled at for getting too many hours when they were the ones that made you stay in the first place. More stress than it was worth.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Mendenhall, MSMay 9, 2018
its ok but not enough pay having to come in and work everybody else shift and not getting paid for overtime then happen to come in and do everyone else work
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
The regulars are great!! Fun environment to work!
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Stephenville, TXMay 3, 2018
It's a pretty chill place to work. Not the best pay but it's a job. The customers make it fun!! It's honestly not a hard job!! As long as you're dependable and do your job, you've got it made!!
Easy going
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Plainview, TXApril 19, 2018
It's an easy going job, can be fast paced if you work daytime. The only issues there is will be with your coworkers. But overall try to be respectful and courteous of other.
Pros
Slow at night, peaceful
Cons
Pay, your coworkers
Informative & Great people
deli, handling money, and customer service (Current Employee) –  Covington, TXApril 17, 2018
I do enjoy working at CEFCO, the people are usually positive and easy to get along with. It's easy to get along with all of the customers, and build solid relationships with all of them.
Pros
Management is great
Cons
No breaks
Work Hard Play Harded
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXApril 17, 2018
Working There I Learned That Customer Servicers Means A lot Your Willing To Treat Them With Respect With A Smile Even If They Are Begin A Little Upsetting . Cleaning The Bathroom , The Parking Lot The Cooler Area Mop Sweep Take The Trash Out Make Sure The Everything Is In Order . The Hardest Part Of The Job Was Really Just Putting The Hard Work In / Overnight Shift Just Have To Watch For Everything And Anybody That Comes In . And The Best Part About The Job Is Meeting New People That Comes In .
it was a good laid back full of fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Greenville, MSApril 13, 2018
I worked overnight...so it was just me...it was relaxing,I work at steady paste...The customers were nice...The management good...The hours where good.
Skip unless you are in dire need of cash
STAR Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gatesville, TXApril 6, 2018
-Management staff was unprofessional
-hours varied for other cashiers
-management was part of most the drama
-teamwork was not a goal of other employees or management
-Raises weren't given when they were supposed to
-There was no way to contact HR without going through your store manager
Pros
50 cent drinks on the clock
Cons
management wasn't very professional
not a bad place to work
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gatesville, TXMarch 26, 2018
i did not work their enough to actually say if its a good job or not but for the time i was their it was a good job. the hardest part of the job was when we had truck coming in and i didnt know what to do.
Great place to work at.
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Flowood, MSMarch 20, 2018
I enjoyed work at Cefco. Because I am people person, love working with my customers and get to know them really well and care about there need. Good customers services
Lack of training
Convenience Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Harker Heights, TXMarch 19, 2018
Complete lack of training when going into a manager position. The general manager I was stuck with was not interested in helping me learn how to do particular things, I cannot speak for others as I know there had been better ones that worked for the company. I just did not have the pleasure of working with one of them.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CEFCO Convenience Stores. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

4.0Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight