CEFCO Convenience Stores
60Average

CEFCO Convenience Stores Employee Reviews

United States506 reviews
Normal
It’s just like every other gas station, the hours were long and the pay was poor but they are pretty nice people, the customers were rude almost every day.
Cefco
I loved my job when I worked as a cashier at cefco but the manager was rude and the assistant manager went with anything the manager wanted her to do.
I love been a cashier
I love being a cashier because the people who come you make today sometimes you could be the outcome of other people live without even knowing working in customer service I have learned alot
Awful
Low Pay, No benefits unless you are a supervisor. No overtime available. No room to grow within the company. Every store has a high turnover rate. Would never work there again.
Not truthful
in order to be a Mgr at a CEFCO location, while you were a "salaried", you had to work a minimum of 50 hours/week with no additional compensation..

Secondly, the man that interviewed me agreed to the salary amount I had asked for. However, when I received my first check, I noticed that the base annual amount was $2000 less than was agreed upon.

I called in about it and was essentially told "too bad". At the time, I needed a job badly and just didn't make any more waves.
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
Need more pay
I loved working there but the pay wasn't worth it. I put alot of time n effort in the job. But the pay wasn't worth it. I was there every day n night n not one time did i ever get a raise i would not mind going back as long as they paid me more.
Great in the beginning
Met some great people and worked with some people I consider family now. When higher management started changing it went noticed. We actually lost a great store manager behind the new district manager. Atmosphere at work was postitve very fast paced.
Pros
Weekly pay, benefits, convient location
Cons
Upper Management is bad, hours are long and only 1 day off aweek, turnover ratio is very high
Assisting the customers
I enjoyed every moment in assisting customers on a daily basis and able to view many more opportunities as an employee here. There wasn't anything that was hard for me at this job. I already had an experiences for this particular position.
Apply- you wont regret it
If you are a good and honest person with a good work ethic you would make a great team member. Apply and see where it takes you. You gotta start somewhere and work your way up.
Always a clear definition on your duties
My job was easy and very clearly defined. I was a cashier. I also picked up shifts as clean up crew. I even worked as a stocker a couple of times. The manager always asked before scheduling me to work a different position.
Cefco’s customers may care about you but they hire expeditiously and are just throwing people into stores that already are struggling and it’s a
Recipe for disaster. Pay sucks, no incentives, crazy schedules, no home/work balance. The stores are in very poor shape.. it seems to be more about the almighty dollar with that company.
High anxiety inducing environment
Probably the worst job ive ever had. As a new employee i was left alone on my second and third day for 10 hours straight with no assistance from management when called. Taught me extensive important paper work details in one shift and expected me to know it by myself the next day, never went over it again.
Terrible company
Management is terrible. They don’t enforce same rules for everyone not an equal work place. Very hostile work environment. Managers have favorites and make others do more work than certain people
Cons
Poor management in the location I worked in
Lack of communication and blame placing by the Store Manager when they were wrong in the policy knowledge and shift responsibilities made this a very uncomfortable work environment.
Fired on my 3rd month
They expect you b done on time or you get written up. sometimes i would be off the clock working throwing trash doin lotto scans their waste . Training was terrible.
Pros
Walking distance
Cons
Managers attitudes and harassment.
Poor leadership
The job is easy. It's just the point of running a while store by yourself. With no help overnight. Other than that the tasks where easy to manage. Management had their favorites.
Excellent
Lovely place to work at . It takes a person too have a good attitude friendly. Yes you have days where customers are rude but you keep smiling. The customers are always right .
Up beat and fast working environment.
I'd say for any for anyone who wants to get their foot in the door of making a career. This is a great place to get started and get some new working experience.
It was ok
Working at cefo was an ok experiance. I got my job done and did everything tge manager asked of me. The hours were good and pay was decent. It was an easy job.
Very decent job, can be sketchy
The only thing I did not like about this job was that sometimes people would come in that were a little sketchy and it was a gas station and most of the time you are alone but as long as you do keep a level head and show a lot of confidence it's a great job and it's very easy mostly stalking cleaning and customer service all in all recommend
My thoughts about this company are great. Depending on your manager is how happy you will be. Our new manager favors men over women. That's not good to me. He maybe new to this company and store but you can't be giving new employee s all the hours and the ones who have been there longer 25 when they are full time.
Pros
Benefits, co-workers, District manager
Cons
New management, is not being fair.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at CEFCO Convenience Stores. Our community is ready to answer.
2.6
2.7
2.8
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
2.3Personal Development
3.5Career Opportunities
2.8Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight