CEFCO Convenience Stores Employee Reviews

The managers sometimes didnt know what they were doing!
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Marshall, TXJanuary 13, 2019
It wasn't the easiest job at times... The customers made it better but management could have been a little better. I was suppose to be promoted but they never did it.
Interesting
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Niceville, FLJanuary 10, 2019
I worked at CEFCO for about a year. A typical day at work is that you're never bored and there's always something to do. I have learned patience and time management more thoroughly.
Pros
Free Drinks
Cons
Short Breaks
Good company to work for
Travel Center General Manager (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJanuary 8, 2019
It was a good company to work for. Training was good. Benefits were good. Atmosphere was good as long as you were fully staffed. Quarterly manager meetings
Horrible
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJanuary 4, 2019
The pay is absolutely terrible, the turn over rate is extremely high, management is horrible, they pay you so little but expect so much.The whole job in general is bad. You don't receive breaks whatsoever and aren't allowed to eat while on the clock. Therefore you have to wait til you leave.
Needs work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasJanuary 2, 2019
The hardest part could be management and the lack of support from corporate. The other hardest part would be the hours. They want flexibility and hardly hire anyone who has an outside life or doesn't want to work weekends. The pay is horrendous for the amount of work and time you put in to this company. DO NOT RECOMMEND.
Pros
Cons
No breaks
the hardest part of the job
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Meridian, MSDecember 25, 2018
I was the store manager on this job. I really enjoyed the job and position. The only thing I did not agree with was the around the clock phone calls. Sometimes I was afraid to fall asleep at night because I might miss a phone call. Mind you that I still have to make my scheduled shift at 5am the next morning every morning. There was not enough family time nor time to spend at home period. Other than that, I really enjoyed this position.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
no free time away from the job
When we had staff and managers it was good
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lago Vista, TXDecember 23, 2018
The location I worked at had a huge turnover rate I was the only manager with 4 employees it was very challenging and helped the company as long as I could.
If you find a store where you only work 50 hours it's not bad
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXDecember 18, 2018
A typical week is never 50 hours. The stores have such a tight budget on labor that you rarely have enough employees to cover call-offs. That means as a manager you will be covering a lot of shifts. Once you start to break down your hours paid and what you would be getting paid if you were in overtime you begin to realize you have employees making more per hour than you do. The job itself is not hard, but the balance between work and home is terrible.
Pros
set hours (barring call offs), steady check, weekly pay
Cons
Almost Everything else.
i liked it there
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXDecember 14, 2018
the onlu problem was the people over the stores you have so many rules they want you to follow but the pay is ugly for 7.50 it not worth losing your my life ………………………………………...
Nice place to work.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hearne, TXDecember 7, 2018
Fast paced and can be hectic but once you get settled into a routine this is a great job. You won't be bored and times flies. You learn to multitask and gain many skills.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Can be hectic
Deli Manager (Former Employee) –  Vernon, TXNovember 29, 2018
I loved working for cefco in Vernon tx it was a pleasure to work for my manager and the rest of the crew I only left because I relocated if I returned to vernon I would go back to cefco it was a great experience
Pros
The people
Cons
No breaks
There The Worst People To Work For
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hearne, TXNovember 26, 2018
I Wouldn't Advise Working There I Worked At The One In Hearne...They Hire Messy People And Fire The People That Work The Hardest...They Kept The Lazy People And Kept The People That Kept Stealing...This Is Not A Place To Work They Dont Care About There Employees At All
Pros
They Stay Stocked And Clean
Cons
They Have Poor Management
I really enjoyed my time at Cefco. Loved all the people.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXNovember 17, 2018
Cefco is a great place to work. They help you advance and work with your hours when need be. The company strives to be the best they can and to accommodate their employees. Would love to return to work for them, even if it's just as customer service.
needs management improvement
Overnight Associate (Former Employee) –  Fairhope, ALNovember 15, 2018
unsafe work conditions brought to store and corporate level without any action.
No bell on door so people could come in steal or rob you without you even knowing or worse.
worked 10 hour night shifts by yourself having to cook breakfast in the kitchen without being able to see store or hear anyone coming in.
safe was kept unlocked 24 hours a day even after repeated complaints by me
Pros
Cons
unsafe
setup
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXNovember 5, 2018
They will set you up to fail you can not trust them i made 100% on my testing and they were telling me i didn't know how to do my job but i always had over time.
Loved seeing different people come in everyday!
Cashier/Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  Byram, MSOctober 30, 2018
I loved seeing & meeting different people everyday. We had our regular customers as well. Our Managers were fun and always made it an enjoyable working environment.
I love cefco
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXOctober 29, 2018
i had an awesome time working for CEFCO. i loved my manager and the crew were amazing. i enjoyed serving our customers especially on Friday and Saturday evenings!
Pros
Half priced Fountain drinks!
Cons
Sommetimes NO breaks!
Productive and a fast pace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Meridian, MSOctober 26, 2018
I came to work to do my job. My Job as CSR was to greet every customer, upsale products, be kind, polite and provide efficient transactions. I got to work at my own paced but I’ve always had my side work done. I enjoyed meeting new people.
Pros
You meet different people.
Cons
No breaks
management
Director of Facilities (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXOctober 23, 2018
Thorough follow up on projects. Time management is a challenge. Relaxed atmosphere. Very detailed oriented. Communications can be improved up and down the ladder
na
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXOctober 19, 2018
Worked here for 5 years. I enjoed the customers, management, and staff while wortking for this company. I would recommend this employer to a family member or friend.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CEFCO Convenience Stores. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

4.0Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight