CEFCO Convenience Stores Employee Reviews

I really enjoyed my time at Cefco. Loved all the people.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXNovember 17, 2018
Cefco is a great place to work. They help you advance and work with your hours when need be. The company strives to be the best they can and to accommodate their employees. Would love to return to work for them, even if it's just as customer service.
needs management improvement
Overnight Associate (Former Employee) –  Fairhope, ALNovember 15, 2018
unsafe work conditions brought to store and corporate level without any action.
No bell on door so people could come in steal or rob you without you even knowing or worse.
worked 10 hour night shifts by yourself having to cook breakfast in the kitchen without being able to see store or hear anyone coming in.
safe was kept unlocked 24 hours a day even after repeated complaints by me
Pros
Cons
unsafe
setup
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXNovember 5, 2018
They will set you up to fail you can not trust them i made 100% on my testing and they were telling me i didn't know how to do my job but i always had over time.
I love cefco
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXOctober 29, 2018
i had an awesome time working for CEFCO. i loved my manager and the crew were amazing. i enjoyed serving our customers especially on Friday and Saturday evenings!
Pros
Half priced Fountain drinks!
Cons
Sommetimes NO breaks!
Productive and a fast pace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Meridian, MSOctober 26, 2018
I came to work to do my job. My Job as CSR was to greet every customer, upsale products, be kind, polite and provide efficient transactions. I got to work at my own paced but I’ve always had my side work done. I enjoyed meeting new people.
Pros
You meet different people.
Cons
No breaks
management
Director of Facilities (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXOctober 23, 2018
Thorough follow up on projects. Time management is a challenge. Relaxed atmosphere. Very detailed oriented. Communications can be improved up and down the ladder
na
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXOctober 19, 2018
Worked here for 5 years. I enjoed the customers, management, and staff while wortking for this company. I would recommend this employer to a family member or friend.
It was an okay work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXOctober 12, 2018
I enjoyed working at CEFCO but managemebt waa terrible. The manager cared about her employees to a certain extent. The customers were awesome which made the job bareable.
Pros
N/a
Cons
No breaks
Asst store manager (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALOctober 11, 2018
I would highly recommend working at cefco in mobile. Has good management an a over all great customer base. I really hate to leave but I need somthing closer to home
This jobs was good starting
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSOctober 11, 2018
Until alot of the customers started to say things like I only give you 2 to 3 months in here. They know alot that goes on with the company and management The pay for all the hours you can accumulate when their short staff is ridiculous example 60 hours and can't even get a $500 dollar check the dm is highly rude and I will never return to them if they were giving jobs away out of the 1yr and 3 months I was there I never missed a day doing 15 hour shifts and these people don't even appreciate you. The ones that get the pat on the back would be the ones that don't do anything but you hard works get treated like trash and I wouldn't dare recommend this job and no I didn't get fired I QUIT Fikes need to know about his so called team and fire some of they butts point blank period..
Pros
Got a smoke break before you ended up in jail
Cons
Nothing free paid for everything
The thing that I liked about the job it wasn't hard and I loved the customers.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSOctober 11, 2018
If they want to keep their employees, they need to be more professional. I mostly had problems with poor management, and certain employees could basically do whatever they wanted with no consequences. District Manager would act like she was concerned, but in reality didn't care what was going on in the store.
Pros
The customers
Cons
Employees and Management
self
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Meridian, MSOctober 10, 2018
it was a good experience but it wasn't for me I like the customer they made it fun to work they hoe they come to check on you and to make sure you was ok.
Pros
people was great
Cons
the pay
clerk
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Stinnett, TXOctober 4, 2018
The management was awful. This job was one of the most stressful jobs I've ever had, due to the manager at the time. I would not recommend working for this company.
Stressful positions
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXOctober 3, 2018
Upper management has changed hands so things are a lot better than what they used to be but as far as management goes if you want to work long hours and get little paid than this is the job for you cashiers you may or may not get 40 hours if you're willing to go to work at other stores you might it is a stressful job and a lot of times you work by yourself
Pros
The benefits
Cons
Long hours little pay no time off
It was nice when i was there
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Thomasville, ALSeptember 26, 2018
Better training could be nicer need to be better organization need to be fair on days that u can be off the shirts or hot and they should let u wear jeans and capris I really can't think of anything thing else they need to upgrade the inside of the store and the parking lot but other than that they are pretty good at what they do but I can't take the bring open 24 hours u never have time to do anything a d u be tired all the time
Questionable
Associate (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXSeptember 26, 2018
Pay is poor for anyone non management, to include their corporate office. Favoritism is common. Turnover is unbelievable. Policies and procedures are unclear.
Pros
Free coffee.
Cons
Pay. Unclear policies.
And ive never hated a job this much
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXSeptember 25, 2018
This is one of the most unorganized place I've ever worked at
For everything that you have to do on your shift for the little bit you get my biggest check was 190.00 and no benefits
Pros
There arent any
Cons
Ugly people work here mean and nasty people work here
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXSeptember 20, 2018
Office personnel was great. Lots of traveling. Worked in different place every day. Watched company grow over the years. They came along way. Very pleasant place to work.
Under appreciated
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Gun Barrel City, TXSeptember 19, 2018
This company is halfway decent. Not meant for careers. You will go unappreciated and underplayed for the work and stress you go through. Some very nice people with this company, but not all.
Cefco
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXSeptember 18, 2018
Worst gas station to work for they do not care about there employees management sucks they do not go by there roles they dont train properly and they are very unprofessional

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CEFCO Convenience Stores. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

4.0Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight