Celadon Trucking Employee Reviews

Awesome company great staff too
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 19, 2018
When I worked there I loved the staff I just did not like getting low paying loads other than that good company and some good trucks. There working on the drivers and putting them first.
Relaxed
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Columbus, INSeptember 11, 2018
Relaxed, clean fun place to work. Supervisors are nice and understanding. They will work with you as long as you tell them what is going on in your life
Pros
Paid lunch nice people
Cons
Don't know any to say
CDL A Driver
Driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 1, 2018
Depended on you dispatcher liking you . I learned the dispatchers not all , but many never drove tractor trailer in their lives .The Cutler was what the Government said it should be .
Pros
Rider program
Cons
un Knowledgeable dispatchers
It's time to go!
Over the Road Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 1, 2018
I've been with a few big companies and Celadon wasn't HORRIBLE, but wasn't the best. If you don't pay attention they will screw you! Also the equipment is trash. I went through two prostars in one week! Layover pay Is a joke.And also the planners will screw up the delivery and pick up times, so watch out! You'll either be too early or too late n have to sit on that load! But as a whole, they are a big company, so, it's all about the money. Use them like they use you and ✌️
Pros
Nice corporate terminal, SOME cool DM's
Cons
Raggedy equipment, poor home time, management and low miles
Trying to diversify too much!
OTR Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 31, 2018
Dispatchers have no concern when a driver has a family emergency or is dying. They will not try to get a relay set up to get you back where you need to be.
Pros
Decent trucks and trailers
Cons
Trying to diversify and be too competitive.
Liked the job.
Certified Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Janesville, WIAugust 20, 2018
I liked working with all of the guys at Celadon. I put in lots of hours to make a decent wage. Working close to 60 hours a week plus another 6 or 7 hours a week travel time put a damper on my home life. A job came up 4 miles from my home for the same hourly pay. So I left Celadon.
Pros
Great people to work with.
Cons
Distance from home.
Not for everyone
Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Gadsden, ALAugust 15, 2018
This was my first dispatcher job and this small company was in the process of being bought out. I was originally hired for night dispatch which was just helping with maintenance issues and gas. Then referring to their driver manager during the day shift. I was then moved to Owner Operator Operations Manager. I was not provided with the training that would make me successful at my job. Everyone else was sent to Indiana to train at corporate. I believe that I was hired solely for appearance. They were in the process of being bought out by Celadon and there were no African American driver managers.
Pros
salary
Celadon Trucking
CDL Class A Driver (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 11, 2018
I am currently employed as a CDL A driver at Celadon Trucking. Celadon appears to be a good company. Lots of reorganization geared toward Driver retention. Starting pay is standard for the industry. Bonuses are attractive. I would recommend Celadon to drivers looking for a home base.
Pros
Nice Welcome Center for Drivers. Competent management and Dispatch.
Cons
Standard pay. Needs more terminals to secure trucks and personal vehicles.
relaxed setting that promoted trying to have fun at work.
Supply Chain Leader (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 2, 2018
nature of the business is stressful, fast paced. I liked my job there but couldn't continue the driving distance from work and home and needed something closer for my family.
This company seems like they would cut corners to save a buck..
OTR Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 31, 2018
This is a company that seems like they would cut corners to save a few dollars. I would really need to monitor your payroll to insure that you are getting compensated for the Jobs you have completed.
Pros
Consistent runs
Cons
Low compensation
Great place to volunteer your time if you dont need the money
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 27, 2018
No money and bad equipment. My benefits were $80.00 a week for individual and I never saw the doctor. Could have paid cash for the money I spent.
I was running refridgerated. I've heard from teams and dry van they were making money, but I couldn't afford to keep paying these people to work for them.
As far as companies go there are worse. All the money DOT is costing them, they seem to want to get out of unaware drivers, especially new ones.
Bottom line; if it don't make dollers, it don't make sense.
Pros
They dont put cameras and baby monitors in their trucks, just prepass and qualcom. Also the dispatchers are really good, patient work out problems if they come up. Some drivers have had a bad experience, but i don't think that's common. Even night and weekend shifts helpful.
Cons
They charge the driver for tolls, scales, washouts, truck wash, even lumpers that they may or may not pay back with their "we will pay you back if..." policies., Equiptment kept like most practice trucks for beginners, they just aren't going to spend the money., Internationals are heavy trucks to run refridgerated with full tanks, so it ran overweight if not checked.
Horrible pay
Driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 25, 2018
Horrible pay for experience Drivers. Lack of home time. They don't care about drivers. I would not recommend Celadon. I did got to see 48 states. Don't lease their trucks. I witnessed Driver's starved
Pros
Newer trucks
Cons
Horrible pay for experience Drivers
i would go back if management was better
Inbound Trailer Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 10, 2018
advancement was not good there you should not be getting yelled at by anybody at work and still keep your job as a supervisor pay could have been a lot better
Pros
job security
Cons
crazy manager on trailer side
Great company
Company Driver Trainer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 2, 2018
Great company to work for! Driver manager was easy to get along with, and operations was willing to listen and solve problems when they arose. I only left because the nurse they had doing DOT physicals did not follow FMCSR guidelines, and when called on it retaliated by refusing to give me a 1 Year card.
Work in office was average
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Waxahachie, TXJune 30, 2018
At the time of employment, the people in the position of authority in the office were not much for advancement nor were they allowing people in office develop and emphasize thoughts or implementing ideas.
Pros
Close to home, good benefits
Cons
People in authority not profesional
Very disorganized. Planners have no idea what they're doing.
OTR Driver Refridgerated division (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 27, 2018
This is probably been one of the worst experiences working I've ever had driving a truck. All administrative offices are incompetent. Night and weekend shifts are the worst I've ever seen at any company. I would not recommend this job to anyone trying to make a good living.ni6
Pros
Cons
Everything about the company
Decent place to work.
BILLING ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 25, 2018
The people I encountered were friendly and willing to help. The job itself was easy adapt to and my responsibilities changed frequently. It was super stressful at certain times. Especially at the end of the month.
Advancement is not there
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 24, 2018
The job advancement is not there. The culture and job environment is less than ideal. Across the board the money is lower than most career jobs. Overall, not a good starting job.
A starter company dor drivers fresh out of school.
Truck Driver Class A OTR (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 21, 2018
They have their own driving school, so they are a starter/learning company. You have to sign a contract for .29/mile for your first 200000 miles. As a company driver, they were not able to keep me adequately busy. I would average under 2000 miles per week, and having 3-4 day layovers in truck stops, waiting for a load, was a monthly experience. Sometimes multiple times a month. I stayed for a year because I know that's an important milestone in the industry, but at the end, when I figured out the math, I was averaging $6/hr working for them. I made more money working for the pizza place before them.

It really is a starter company, so all that stuff should be expected, I suppose, but I'm confident their turnover rate is huge.
Pros
Newer trucks to drive
Cons
Bad hours, not enough miles
Just getting through it
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 17, 2018
Just like any other company they're going to use the driver up as long as it benefits them not really a bad place but not a good place either they had good trucks when I was working there

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Celadon Trucking. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.1

2.5Personal Development

1.8Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight