Celadon Trucking Employee Reviews

Great company
Company Driver Trainer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 2, 2018
Great company to work for! Driver manager was easy to get along with, and operations was willing to listen and solve problems when they arose. I only left because the nurse they had doing DOT physicals did not follow FMCSR guidelines, and when called on it retaliated by refusing to give me a 1 Year card.
Work in office was average
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Waxahachie, TXJune 30, 2018
At the time of employment, the people in the position of authority in the office were not much for advancement nor were they allowing people in office develop and emphasize thoughts or implementing ideas.
Pros
Close to home, good benefits
Cons
People in authority not profesional
Very disorganized. Planners have no idea what they're doing.
OTR Driver Refridgerated division (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 27, 2018
This is probably been one of the worst experiences working I've ever had driving a truck. All administrative offices are incompetent. Night and weekend shifts are the worst I've ever seen at any company. I would not recommend this job to anyone trying to make a good living.ni6
Pros
Cons
Everything about the company
Decent place to work.
BILLING ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 25, 2018
The people I encountered were friendly and willing to help. The job itself was easy adapt to and my responsibilities changed frequently. It was super stressful at certain times. Especially at the end of the month.
Advancement is not there
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 24, 2018
The job advancement is not there. The culture and job environment is less than ideal. Across the board the money is lower than most career jobs. Overall, not a good starting job.
A starter company dor drivers fresh out of school.
Truck Driver Class A OTR (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 21, 2018
They have their own driving school, so they are a starter/learning company. You have to sign a contract for .29/mile for your first 200000 miles. As a company driver, they were not able to keep me adequately busy. I would average under 2000 miles per week, and having 3-4 day layovers in truck stops, waiting for a load, was a monthly experience. Sometimes multiple times a month. I stayed for a year because I know that's an important milestone in the industry, but at the end, when I figured out the math, I was averaging $6/hr working for them. I made more money working for the pizza place before them.

It really is a starter company, so all that stuff should be expected, I suppose, but I'm confident their turnover rate is huge.
Pros
Newer trucks to drive
Cons
Bad hours, not enough miles
Just getting through it
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 17, 2018
Just like any other company they're going to use the driver up as long as it benefits them not really a bad place but not a good place either they had good trucks when I was working there
this company was good when the father was in charge.
Owner Operator/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 17, 2018
this company when ran by the father was good company. Everyone mattered the drivers, was friendly atmosphere. All areas was open when management changed hands, place became all about company and not drivers.
Pros
was good for first starting out
Cons
do not care about drivers
Lack of organization
Truck Driver Class A OTR (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 9, 2018
Celadon was unorganized they could send you load information but when you arrive at customer they would tell you you are late to early another driver has that load and had no idea where they had trailers
rock bottom
Over the Road Trucker (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaMay 6, 2018
This is an alright place to begin a career as a trucker. The fact is none of the big companies are gonna treat you well. Celadon had no respect for their new drivers or support for if you had questions. My manager would laugh at me, if I had any issues.
Pros
Freedom on road
Cons
everything else
Well organize and caring!
Driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 26, 2018
I have read alot of reviews and it's obvious that many are upset because they no longer have this job that they once loved. Celadone owes me nothing! I am making my exit tomorrow, but I will never forget what I was told. SOMETIMES ITS JUST THE RIGHT THING TO DO. And they went beyond making me comfortable and happy in EVERY WAY POSSIBLE! I have my life today because of the Indianapolis location. I will never forget how they treated me and cared for me. The right thing to do is to tell EVERYONE that this is a GREAT company! Pays well, never sitting waiting on loads, responds immediately and makes you feel like family. Alot of reviews are out of the mouths of angry people. I have experienced many trucking companies and this one takes number one. TRULY CARING PEOPLE! Forever grateful!
Pros
Free lunches, good training, benefits and wonderful pay
Cons
Out for nearly a month at a time. Not able to get home when we needed to
OTR Team Driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 20, 2018
This company was terrible about getting us home for requested time off. We only had 3 days off a month, and eventually, we became burned out and were missing too much home life.
Pros
great money
Cons
driver manager did not know his job, he was new, and needed more training
Old breaking equipment with no maintence
Driver (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 10, 2018
DMs dont care about drivers. Trucks keep breaking down. They said they were buying new trucks this year but that changed to next year. Bad maintenance department. Procedures keep drivers from being able to do their jobs efficiently. Don't care about drivers.
Cons
Breaking down equipment.
enjoyable
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 3, 2018
my work day would consist of long drives from sun rise to sun set,bad drivers,nice views of the american continent landscape,and good ole tunes from the radio with long talks with my team mate Actually loved the job and the things i experienced while on the road.The job isnt rocket science basically safety and being responsible with your paperwork were your biggest obstacles at this work place.DM dispatch keep your wheels rolling with new loads so opportunity to get paid was there.The only downside to it is being away from the ones you love.
Stay away from the lease purchase
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 21, 2018
The lease purchase is a joke, I made 10,000 a month and after all the deductions I brought home about 2000 a month cash the tractor payment was 550 a week then insurance tags comdata, fuel came to 8700 to 9300 a month,Then they stole1900 from my escrow account. When I left I turned the truck in and all the equipment in Indianapolis left on good terms and they gave it to me one more Time. .. Stay clear of the lease purchase program. ...It's a joke
Pros
Cons
They will rip you off
Earned my license to drive and make money
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 19, 2018
I started off unloading trucks, working all kinds of hours,felt like I needed a career change,a job that pays good money with good hours,so I decided to go too school for my cdl,went too Celedon, which yes,they did a great job on helping me with that,I went through there OTR training, found out as a family man,my wife and I wasn't satisfied with being apart for a length of time
Fast paced, and busy.
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Columbus, INMarch 7, 2018
This is a great job if you hate down time, it has a lot of great people, and they are pretty laid back. This job was a fairly easy job to have, and do.
Terrible company
Truck driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 7, 2018
Terrible company. As dispatchers that never have been on the road or behind the wheel of a tractor trailer. Dispatchers write you up for things that you have no control over.
Changed
Owner operator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 5, 2018
Was a great place to work until ownership changed from father to son then went downhill taking from drivers wasting money and treating drivers like they were a tool not employees
Terrible company to work for
Contract Driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 4, 2018
Terrible company to work for. I cannot believe how this company can hire people off the street with just a regular drivers license and train them to become a truck driver to get their CDL license in such a short term. They are doing nothing but putting people on the street with barely any skill and giving them a pat on the back saying good luck. You might as well say don't get hurt on the job anytime soon. I cannot believe how terrible this company is.
Pros
There are no Pros
Cons
This company shouldn't even be in business to where they are conducting business

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Celadon Trucking. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.1

2.5Personal Development

1.8Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight