Celadon Trucking
Happiness rating is 58 out of 100

Celadon Trucking Employee Reviews

United States585 reviews

Job was great would recommend to anybody in need and or looking for opportunity. Just be ready to work and be there on time so you can advance and be happy

Orientation was great

Had a blast in Orientation but that didn't last. When the place started struggling financially it was quite a shock. They had some very interesting ideas there.

Celadon Trucking insights

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction

Worked very hard and sometimes got wrong info on bill of laden

The company didn’t pay me for half peak holiday and ripped me off for the tire chains I had to pay for to get there load delivered on time. So I quit them and wouldn’t recommend them to anyone.

Miss it

Was a great place before it went under. Office atmosphere was fun to be in. But some greedy people tried to cover up their mistakes and here we are. Good luck to everyone.

Was a good place to work while it lasted. Environment was pleasant and people with nice!

A typical day at work entailed coming into the office and verifying emails they checking up with customers and staff to ensure that the drivers were being taken care of. Everyone was out to be helpful and cared about doing their job. There was a true team atmosphere in the workplace

Travel

48 states and home every 4 weeks. Loved going to the new yard in Laredo TX. Going to miss that place. Left making 45 cents a mile. People were cool, I just didn't make enough money.

Pros

I love to travel

Cons

No Money

Awesome loads, no sitting

Celadon was one of the best companies I work for, the pay wasn't the highest but the miles were there. I'm sad that it up close. Come back Celadon! You long gone but truly missed.

Pros

Excellent management, great miles, home time

Cons

A couple SOB's took the company down with fraud

Otr job

Long hrs away from home long hrs But you see the country all lower 48 states Sleep in the trucks until home time,, ,,,,, Its not for everyone OTR means Over the road

Pros

Not many

Cons

Not many

Unproductive and vindictive work environment

Not a good company to work for. Employees were having intercourse in the break room on company time. I got the job through a temp agency and 2 days before my hire-in date they ‘terminated’ my assignment (after going to HR and signing a contract to be hired in). I do not recommend applying or working for this company.

Pros

You meet interesting people

Cons

They don’t take employees seriously, the managers and supervisors choose favoritism between their subordinates.

This company is no longer in business

This company is no longer in business thanks to covid and competition. It was a good place to work and I enjoyed the culture and benefits. The company was a good fit for me.

Pros

Good compensation and benefits

Cons

Healthcare was expensive

Great terminals.great equiptment

Best company on the planet.trainers were great.food was good.trucks were excellent.got my cdl on my very first try.good location and freight lanes in Indy.

Pros

Great equiptment

Truck driving

They move you up fast. Fun and nothing like it. Sometimes I was drained and exhausted. Hard work but it pays well. There were short amounts of home time. Work hard

Pros

Free food

Cons

Time off

Productive, as long as the team's stayed in the USA.

A typical day at work was always interesting. As a team, you visited many town's and state's. As long as the company kept the team busy, all was great. When the weekend's came, you would always be skeptical, because of the loads that were available or not. I personally liked the long trips from east coast to west coast. The home office was located in Indianapolis Indiana. I learned quick that taking a load from US to Canada wasn't a good thing. Once you got into Canada, it took an act of God to get back across the border. The border patrol didn't care one way or the other about working with the drivers in returning home. If the paper work took and hour or a day or more, you had to stay in Canada until you got the clearance. Usually the weekend staff at the home terminal wouldn't work with the driver's upon getting that clearance. On many occasions, I had to sit for long periods of time to get the paper work cleared. Usually all these delays would cause a service failure. Unfortunately, my team, had many service failure's either due to Canada, or my co-driver not wanting to drive when they should have. Overall, I had a good situation with Celadon on the most part. When it came time, that the company decided to end the team, I didn't get consideration from the company to go solo with Celadon.

Pros

Good miles and visited many places I would not have been able to.

Cons

Lack of consideration when I wanted to drive solo with the company.

Honesty and Integrity

In my experience, Honesty and Integrity are NON-EXISTANT with Celadon. Came to them when they bought Tango. They lied about keeping a brand new, (less than 60 days old) truck. They lied about keeping Tango's pay scale. They lied about ease of getting home for Nat'l Guard duty. they lied about no North East. Basically, across the board, THEY LIED!

Pros

Cons

Too many to name

Fun place to work

Closed don't know what happened to the company but good place to work OTR driver for five years good home time and pay fair salary/large yard in indiana

Was a Good Place to Work

I didn't relize how fair they were until I had to go to work elsewhere when they shut down. I didn't understand how bad it is driving for other companies.

Was a great company to drive for

Was such a great company to drive for before they went bankrupt.. Was there for almost 9 years out of 22 years driving.. Easily the best company I ever drove for.

Local Driver, Atlanta , Ga

i enjoyed working as a local driver, but they should have paid me more . for the knowledge i had to drive around Atlanta, which wasn't easy. The traffic around Atlanta was atrocious. Around Christmas they didn't give me the runs i needed at that time of the year. i needed a club cab to navigate in and out of the rail yards. Management should have thought of that, but i managed that. made my job a lot harder.

Pros

working as a Local Driver

Cons

Should have given me a club cab

Typical truck driving job

Celadon got me a job locally in the Southern California area that I did for about a year. It was different, I was home every other day. But like any other truck driving job you're overworked.

Pros

Good terminals

Cons

Overworked, customers were typical

Great place to work.

This is a wonderful place to work. I love the high pay, and the great home time offered. I drive one day a week, with 6 off. I bring home over 2700 per week. Celadon pays 100% of my health, dental and matches 100% into my 401k. I Love this place!!!

It was a great experience working with celadon that’s where I got my first year experience!

They accepted me in and I wouldn’t be where I’m at if it wasn’t for them. They gave me a nice pay rate for my first year and I was satisfied with it. I recommend anyone to this company

Pros

Pay, routes, trucks, company dorms

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Celadon Trucking. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.2
InHerSight Score
2.2Personal Development
2.0Career Opportunities
2.3Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Celadon Trucking with

• Celadon Trucking
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?