Celadon Trucking

United States585 reviews

Clear
2.9Pay & Benefits

drivertruckmileleasedriveloaddispatchernumb

This company is no longer in business

This company is no longer in business thanks to covid and competition. It was a good place to work and I enjoyed the culture and benefits. The company was a good fit for me.

Pros

Good compensation and benefits

Cons

Healthcare was expensive

Travel

48 states and home every 4 weeks. Loved going to the new yard in Laredo TX. Going to miss that place. Left making 45 cents a mile. People were cool, I just didn't make enough money.

Pros

I love to travel

Cons

No Money

Celadon Trucking insights

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction

Truck driving

They move you up fast. Fun and nothing like it. Sometimes I was drained and exhausted. Hard work but it pays well. There were short amounts of home time. Work hard

Pros

Free food

Cons

Time off

Fun place to work

Closed don't know what happened to the company but good place to work OTR driver for five years good home time and pay fair salary/large yard in indiana

Great place to work.

This is a wonderful place to work. I love the high pay, and the great home time offered. I drive one day a week, with 6 off. I bring home over 2700 per week. Celadon pays 100% of my health, dental and matches 100% into my 401k. I Love this place!!!

It was a great experience working with celadon that’s where I got my first year experience!

They accepted me in and I wouldn’t be where I’m at if it wasn’t for them. They gave me a nice pay rate for my first year and I was satisfied with it. I recommend anyone to this company

Pros

Pay, routes, trucks, company dorms

Cons

Fast paced. Close knit with co workers.

Solving problems whether with customer commitments for on time service. To driver wants and needs. From driver hours available for the freight assigned. To planning freight to deliver at costumer commitments. Such as but not limited to, re-powering loads broke-down, weather delays, issues with drivers hours, with another driver/drivers. That benefits both customer and company. In both US and domestic regions.

First year was nice, then started going downhill slowly

The first year it was a fun environment to work in. If you had questions there was someone who could answer them and help you. However a year later they "downsized" and there was many things that no one was in charge of anymore. Whatever was left was usually spread among the remaining staff and the environment started turning stressful. Luckily headquarters still had helpful staff remaining and they did the best they could given the circumstances. The constantly changing job duties settled down a bit around a year before they closed but workloads remained high and cross-managed by different staff with raises being rare and minimal.

Productive with some good benefits and some bad ones

Pretty set work schedules, with the opportunity to work extra for comp time or extra pay. Health benefits are a little weak, however, there is a free on site clinic if you have their insurance. Full court basketball gym on site with racquetball and workout room with locker rooms and showers. Paid vacation based on years of service and sick time. On site cafeteria to get breakfast and lunch. The down side is the company is closing due to filing bankruptcy.

Celadon today has went out of business

I enjoyed driving for Celadon because it wasn't much hassle from management. Was provided with plenty of hours and was able to work weekends. Had two weeks paided vacation, three sick days and two pers

Stressful

The company just when bankrupt. They do not communicate with there employees.Dispatch is very cut and dry. You knew know when you are going to get a load.They tend to just leave you waiting. losing money and valuable travel time.

this is not a good company at all

Terrible place to work!!!!!!!!!!!! Hardly get miles!!!!!!!! Terrrrrible place, Always messing over your pay!!!!!!! The Dm's are so unprofessional... Not a good choice at all!!!

too cheap and no hours

had i been a company driver the pay would be too cheap. i drove for an owner and had to fight every week for miles. met 5 others the day i quit who didn't get miles either. three had already quit

Not a good company to work for

Very low miles. Pay is garbage if you're an experienced driver. Dispatch and DM has no respect to drivers. Better companies out there. Less your looking for a low pay check and to get disrespect you can go to celadon. Good luck

Good in the beginning

In the first 3yrs they ran me like a dog, i was getting at least 3,000 miles a week and the pay was looking great, until 2yrs later the miles started to dwindle slowly and so did my pay, so since my pay was getting low, it was time for me to go elsewhere.

Low miles

Miles are low and the planning department will have you sitting for days waiting to drop a load. You will be promised a minimum of 2400 miles a week I have yet to see 2000!

Dont waste your time

Heres the facts. (And yes you ready that right as many miles as I was getting weekly I'd only make $200.00 per week somehow). Though most of the staff are nice and what not most are stuck up. The driver managers especially are the worst. They seemed to not wanna help me while I was learning everything. The pay is trash 100% their are companies that pay way more .

Long hours, stressful. 10 or more hour work day

Benefits were almost unaffordable! Long hours, worked almost every weekend, not much time for family life! Had to work under the expectations of the customer company. Hours weren't set in advance, short notice on overtime.

Just a job

I went here to try something new and lese a truck but they over charge you and make it to were you can not afford to make the payments not a good place

Celadon Trucking

They are good,if you like to starve.They will cost you money.If you want to lose weight then go.If you want to lose money then go.These people will cost you a lot.

Communication/Pay

Some dispatch employees have communication issue. Pay is ok if your getting miles and not extorted. Good if your trying to get experience and move on. Besides that do not expect great communication from some recruitors and dispatchers. Also be ready to constantly make sure your pay is good.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Celadon Trucking. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.2
InHerSight Score
2.2Personal Development
2.0Career Opportunities
2.3Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Celadon Trucking with

• Celadon Trucking
  • Pay & Benefits
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?