Celadon Trucking Employee Reviews

Good
Driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 30, 2017
Good place to work if the pay was better and they had a good vel school but not no more I had fun with everyone I worked with when I was there wish I could see all of them
Pros
Some
Cons
Some
No Money
Driver Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 29, 2017
It was almost next to impossible to earn a bonus. Managers were nice but with a low salary it didn't matter. If the pay was more I would have stayed. thanks
It is an OK job if you like being out most of the time.
Walk Away Lease Purchase OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 28, 2017
They will charge a new truck price for a truck that had frame damage and would not tell you about what was not obvious. I discovered that 1 month later.
Pros
Pay was good as long as you kept moving.
Cons
You end up just being number on the list unless you get a good driver manager.
Job
Driver Management, Planning (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 20, 2017
Booked incoming and outgoing refrigerated freight for Walmart, Kroger, US Foods, Conagra to be picked up and delivered in a timely manner via online systems, email, or phone.
Benefits
Cons
Fast paced, very stressful
Confusing
Over the Road Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 12, 2017
Was at other than my assigned terminal. Terminal manger great. but support lacking. Somewhat disorgonised. Expected much better. Equipment was not bad.
They lie
Truck driver (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXDecember 12, 2017
Came from ca.to Laredo to work here,asked 3 times to confirm there is ample parking for my vehicle.no parking available when I arrived so I couldn't work here.said they'll pay travel anyway, I waited 5 days for it then they said they aren't paying.
No women allowed
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 3, 2017
This place is great for men but the only place they want to see their women, is in the passenger seat just riding. Training is not women friendly. Besides the constant remarks of sarcasm it is also not welcomed for couples to come along either. They often try to separate girlfriend and boyfriend and even husband and wife because they say certain terminals decided they dont train women. Well if no women graduate in order to train other women then women just plain are not welcome. They get rid of women for small offenses but keep men even if they were to flip a truck. I have truckers in my family too. I should not have to act like a man and look like a man in order to get the same respect and treatment.
Pros
Buy your own equipment through iou in payroll
Cons
Their resources are terrible, but they will never tell you
Never knew from one day tp the next if they were going to keep office open.
CSR / Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  N Little Rock, ARNovember 29, 2017
We had a good group of people that worked well together. We had to deal with the home office issues daily. Corporate was not well organized in incorporating other office in to the daily plan.
Pros
Cons
Very stressful
Too many new changes
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 28, 2017
New office staff, new rules, extremely stressful..no breathing room...they are using drivers to chase lost revenue. Pushing drivers to stay out and not go home.
Pros
Keeps drivers rolling
Cons
No time for showers or self or home
not a good place!
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WINovember 23, 2017
Only advancement you will get here is if your drinking buddies w management or wear your jeans so tight you cant breathe. They let there supervisors play on the phones instead of helping out but expect everyone else to do double the work. Team leads have at work girlfriends who can get the easy jobs...
Pros
Cons
vert clicky uptight snobs
Lease Purchase Nightmare
Former truck driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 12, 2017
Absolutely do not go to this company expecting to make money as a lease operator. It is definitely not going to happen not with all of the deductions they place on you. Also, their equipment signing arrangement is the worse in the industry. They have you select from truck's that are aged and in need of repair, and do so on sight only amongst other new driver's coming to the company. It was the most bizarre truck selection process I've ever witnessed. Just watch the YouTube videos on this company.
Pros
Very little
Cons
Too many to list
good company
OTR Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 9, 2017
great company to work for, fast and friendly staff. good routes across country, mostly drop and hook hauling, good equipment nice clean trucks and good maintenance
Uneven
Over the Road Driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 9, 2017
Great company until the company changed CEO's. The new group seems more concerned about quantity than quality. Better terminals are also sorely needed
Pros
No NYC, corporate HQ is driver friendly, Canada runs
Cons
Low mileage pay, old equipment, hard to get decent time off, weekend and night dispatch is a joke
Only for entry level drivers
Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 3, 2017
Orientation last four days information at some departments incorrect.
Dispatch if you can get a good one is slow to respond to your inquiries. Mine thought that i worked for him and very rude.I'll onley recommend working for them if you are a newbie. Only to learn the business.
Pros
Equipment on the newer side
Cons
Dispatch
good company
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 20, 2017
they have an excellent company long haul always got you home when you needed to be there, kept you driving, very few lay overs, a all around good company to drive for
Pros
home time
Good company
OTR Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 11, 2017
I may still be here but they kept me in Canada to much. Whole month I was out, 3wks were in canada. If I had another choice, Celadon would be a choice I return to.
Pros
Great equiptment, free washes, exercise rooms
Cons
Pay wasnt all that good, i spent to much time in canada
Celadon is a good trucking company
Truck Driver Class A OTR (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 11, 2017
The driver manager that I had kept me running all the time, she was really awesome. I never sat waiting on a load, always had a preplan before I delivered my next load, because I was always early with my loads and she new that. It I was really early she would get appointment changed or have me drop them so I could keep rolling. I never sat unless it was for down time or shop time.
Under valued, under appreciated, overworked.
Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 9, 2017
Depending on your department you may work anywhere from 40 to 60+ hours/week with no additional compensation. Work is not evenly distributed. I do not have specific numbers but would say there is high turnover and no rush to hire additional employees when coworkers leave the company. Many rules seem to enforced at manager discretion. This leaves different departments and even employees in the same department essentially having to follow different rules.
Pros
Gain quick entry level experience.
Cons
Everything else.
Good place
Celadon Driving Academy Recruiting Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 4, 2017
Just underwent executive management change and my division was eliminated. It is a good place to work with opportunities to grow. I would recommend it to others.
Fun Place to Work For
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 20, 2017
I enjoy working at Celadon, I was at the Driving Academy and unfortunately it was closed. I loved my job and the people I worked for there, but I am still working for the company and hope to have great experiences.
Pros
Wonderful staff, fun job, fast pace.
Cons
School was shut down

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Celadon Trucking. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.1

2.5Personal Development

1.8Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight