Celanese Employee Reviews

Long hours poor management.
Assistant filtration (Current Employee) –  Enoree, SCNovember 14, 2018
60 hours plus a week due to poor management and short staff. Should be a rotating 2-2-3 schedule but the majority of the year consist of over time coverage dude to being short staff. Management has terrible people and decision making skills. The pay is good.
Pros
Good pay
Good job great pay
Mail Clerk, Security, A Operator (Former Employee) –  Bay City, TXNovember 2, 2018
This chemical company was great.Great benefits,pay and people to work with. Twelfth hour shifts with seven days off every month. Other activities outside of work to keep you busy.Like golf, swimming,barbecues,etc
Pros
Pay Friends
Cons
Dangerous
complicated organization
Account Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIOctober 14, 2018
They became bigger based on repeated M&A. So, their parent company vs. child companies were fighting and law sue issues. Very complicated organization.
Pros
Company car
Cons
Politics
Unfortunately gone astray
Production (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaOctober 5, 2018
I loved working for this company. New leadership came in and wrecked it. Employees are very bitter. All employees are being threatened with their jobs over attendance. Personnel are being threatened for time off from work, even when is an approved Short Term Disability, you can get called back in and threatened. Sad that it has went this far down the rabbit hole.
Pros
Good pay for what you do
Cons
Production is always put before safety. While it is preached differently, approved work orders can sit in a cue for over a year.
Good Company
Employee (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 10, 2018
Celanese is overall a good company. The benefits and pay are average for companies similar to Celanese. The company's leadership is average compared to similar companies.
Work Schedule.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Florence, KYSeptember 10, 2018
The work schedule is okay. But the employees do not want to work and say they do not get paid enough. Plus they do not come to work. So the supervisors have no power.
Pros
The pay.
Cons
The work load.
Great Company
Manager, Advanced Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Narrows, VASeptember 8, 2018
Many wonderful people work for this company. I like the fact that it is global and my particular site was very kind to employees and their families. Great Benefits and close to home
Great place to work with great pay and benefits.
Extrusion Area Specialist (Former Employee) –  Narrows, VAAugust 29, 2018
Enjoyed working at Celanese. There was great chances for advancement. Great pay and vacation time. Great training when moving from one position to another within the facility. I would like the opportunity to work there again.
Pros
Great Job, job, pay, and benefits
Not for me
Operator (Former Employee) –  Narrows, VAAugust 18, 2018
Company provided me a living for many years and I am grateful for that. The job was not for me. Too many politics and too many chiefs and not enough Indians.
Very well company with exceptional employees and a professional environment
Human Resources Intern (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 9, 2018
Celanese is a wonderful place to work in not only were the employees very nice, but Celanese is a great job in which anyone can improve themselves and they're skills
Pros
Free lunches, gym, weekly pay, helping environment
Good
Materials Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Winona, MNJuly 30, 2018
I worked there for 3 months. I worked as a materials engineering intern. I enjoyed my time there and had no problems with the employees there. I would work there in the future if the opportunity arises.
Research Technician / Operator (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXJuly 18, 2018
Celanese was a good place to work for in the R&D dept until new management decided that R&D was unnecessary. Great place for operations, bad place for QC and R&D.
Managment is poor
Procurement Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 16, 2018
Management is poor, no good pay , no compensations, racist sometimes , IT provides very poor service, old workers are nice with the new people, I did not enjoy any day there
Pros
Managment is poor
Poor management.
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Narrows, VAJune 22, 2018
Management does not have their employees "best interest" at heart. The sole focus is on money/profitability regardless of the cost to their work staff.
typical factory experience
Fiber Operator (Former Employee) –  Narrows, VAJune 19, 2018
I loved working for the company, they pay very well. Only thing is that when i worked there certain employees did not like to be out worked and would try their best to get others fired. I did not care to get a promotion so I never really looked into that. Some workers would bring things in from outside of work to make others feel bad about their past. However the company and work that I did was great I miss it very much, and wish I could work there again.
Pros
Great Pay, Good Benefits
Awesome place to work
Process Operator (Former Employee) –  Pampa, TXJune 5, 2018
Great place to plant your roots. The longevity within certain locations have made this a great place to work. Many workers have more than 15 years of service leads to a plethora of knowledge and great leadership.
HORRIBLE management in HR
Human Resource (Current Employee) –  Irving TexasJune 4, 2018
Celanese is a great company but the HR department is a horrible group to work in. DO NOT work in HR! It is like high school and the leaders think they are prom queens and you are lucky to be in their presence.
Pros
free sodas
Cons
management is horribly arrogant
You work a lot. The schedule is outdated.
Process Operator (Current Employee) –  Narrows, VAMay 19, 2018
The schedule is terrible. Not only is the schedule terrible, every operating unit in the plant is understaffed and a mandatory overtime system is in place that routinely calls for process operators to work a 16 hour shift.
Overall good culture
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Narrows, VAMay 8, 2018
Good pay, benefits, good company culture. Company strives to maintain good community involvement and encourages employees to volunteer in their communities.
Great Company
IT Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 7, 2018
Celanese is one of those companies that stands out in the best of the best when you work there. The people are very friendly and help new comers adjust to their processes. Although I have heard of some managers that were more self-serving. Most of the Management teams are very progressive, well educated, and understand life happens. Hardest part of the job was being available to help some people in different time zones and I sometimes required Myself to be available late at night to help meet and train some of the foreign groups. The most enjoyable part of the job was also working with each of the groups and feeling that they appreciated you assistance.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Celanese. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.0InHerSight Score

1.6Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight