Celebration! Cinema Employee Reviews

Had a lot of fun
Third Shift Custodian (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 6, 2018
I loved working at Celebration! Cinema. The benefits of working there were great, and I felt very relaxed in the environment.

It was simple. I was given a scheduled task to clean a certain part of the facility; bathrooms, some of the theaters, etc. I took great pride in my work.

The hardest part of the job was maintaining the time I had (usually around 5-7 hour shifts depending on how busy/dirty the facility was when we arrived.

I worked alone most nights, though we did help others on the team if they fell behind near the end of the shift. It helped me learn about teamwork to get things done efficiently.
Pros
Quiet, team building
Cons
Very limited time, prone to rushing if falling behind
Fun place to work.
Bartender/Guest Relations (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIAugust 20, 2018
A typical day at work really depends on what I am doing. As guest relations I do things like check theaters to make sure everything is working well and guests are obeying the different rules. I also help whenever the needs of a guest arise.
I have increased my knowledge in working as a team and being reliable.
The management is sometimes great and sometimes it's moderate. It depends on who you have. There are quite a few people on the management team.
The workplace culture is definitely the best part about it. Everyone that works at Celebration is like a family, and that's awesome! People are super friendly and that is great!
The hardest part is honestly living with the pay.
The best and most enjoyable part is by far the people you work with and meet.
Pros
Free movies, the people
Cons
No paid break, doesn't have great policies for when you are sick or can't come to work, how the business is run
Fun workplace
Cashier/Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Grandville, MIAugust 13, 2018
Really enjoyed working at celebration cinema! They always have great ways for the coworkers to bond as well as food and ticket discounts. They are also very good with giving you hours, and flexible with schedule.
Pros
Discounts on food and tickets, lots of hours
Cons
Low pay
Many things to do
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Benton Harbor, MIJuly 15, 2018
If you like working a job where you are for the most part always busy then this is the place for you. There will be days where you are doing little to nothing but that is rare.
Consultant
Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMarch 1, 2018
As a consultant, my team and I helped redesign the interior of the theater and revamped Celebration! Cinema's website and social media pages, including Facebook.
good people bad company
Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Benton Harbor, MIJanuary 31, 2018
working there can be alot of fun but no one seems to care about your well being. you work almost every weekend all weekend and work late nights as well.
Great place for a marketing internship
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 10, 2018
This job was a great summer internship! Free movies and popcorn whenever you wanted was the best part. As a social media marketing intern, 3-4 interns worked on all of the content for the social media platforms. It was extensive work at times, where you would need to work off the clock on your own time to get it done. There would be days where I would clock out, go home, and work on postings until it was time for bed (multiple days per week). Workplace culture was fun and sometimes relaxing when you were caught up with content. Meetings were fun to participate in, and upper corporate management really does listen to everyones point of view. C! University classes taught a LOT about marketing and what its like working with daily operations in marketing.
Pros
free movies/ pop/ popcorn
Cons
heavy workload at times. work/ personal life balance
Great place for High School/College students
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIJanuary 8, 2018
- Flexible hours, worked well with my High School classes schedule and high load of customer service
- Very fast paced environment, lots of physical tasks and moving around and high load of customer service
- Communication is key when working here, have to help each other out, walkie-talkies become available
- I always thought it was more fun when I got to clean theaters; therefore, you have to have great time management skills so that you can time yourself for the movies that get out in order to clean them
- Hardest part of this job is multitasking and making sure you get everything the customer needs at the concession stand at a timely manner
Pros
Free movies, guest passes, movie screenings, flexible schedule, meeting awesome people
Cons
Job advancement not extreme, not the greatest food to eat, unpaid breaks
Fun with Little Pay
Projectionist (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIDecember 22, 2017
It's a fun place to work with great people but the pay is not great, even if you've been working for the company for a long time. Free movies is always a plus though!
Fast-paced, Fun Enviroment
Director (Current Employee) –  Norton Shores, MISeptember 17, 2017
Celebration! Cinema helped me improve my Cash Handling skills and taught me how to balance drawers.

A typical day at work includes me watching over my co-workers answering and helping with any problems that may occur.
Celebrtion! CInema
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Portage, MIJuly 10, 2017
My CO-workers were very awesome! I always loved feeling like part of a family. I miss working at Celebration! Cinema. They were super supportive of my pregnancy as well. Very beneficial place to work and I would totally recommend it to anyone!
Collaborative, supportive environment with lots to do!
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 2, 2017
I interned for the corporate office of Celebration! Cinema while I was in college. I worked with the Marketing and Events teams, supervised by the director of online marketing and promotions. It was a whirlwind, fast-paced, instructional learning experience! I got to work on big community events, film release parties, direct email blasts, social media content of all kinds, and so much more. All the full-time team members treated me as an equal and were always happy to help or listen to my ideas. I was always working on multiple projects at a time, but never felt like I was being overworked or getting burned out. It was an amazing experience that I will always be grateful for!
Pros
Free movies, discounted concessions, access to movie swag
Cons
20 hours per week unpaid, additional attendance and help with weekend or off-hour events, responsible for social media posts at all times
Love this job, sadly there isn't much more to accomplish...
Communications and Promotions Manager (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMay 17, 2016
I would like to begin by saying that I love the company and my experience with it. If I could work with them for the rest of my life, or create a career here I would in a heart beat. They have a great work environment that strives to provide an excellent experience for both guests and workers alike. I've been blessed to meet some amazing people through my work here.
Pros
flexible work schedule, great work environment, great community leader
Cons
poor pay
Comfortable, Good People, Good Leadership
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 18, 2016
The people there work hard but also know how to enjoy life. The management was awesome and they were willing to listen to anyone's opinions.
Pros
Friendly fun culture, Free movies
Cons
Forces you to be a good speaker - which is usually a great thing.
Fun culture but lacking advancement opportunities
Manager, Customer Service Expert (Former Employee) –  Grandville, MIJuly 26, 2015
I developed the training program for Celebration Cinema and delivered it to multiple theatre locations during my time as manager for the company. Unfortunately, Celebration is greatly lacking in their opportunities for advancement, and they do not provide appropriate compensation for the level of performance they expect from employees. I learned a great deal about customer service from this position, as well as how to successfully manage up to 45 employees on any given shift. The most enjoyable part of the job was the wonderful relationships I developed with my co-workers and the valuable leadership skills I learned while there. Management at this company is driven by nepotism and rarely are people who do not know someone within the company hired or promoted. The most difficult part of the job was the expectations placed on managers at my level while the upper management did not adhere to or respect those same expectations. However, everyone that I worked with taught me something and I still have positive relationships with all of them!
Fun Atmosphere with Free Movies
Cinema Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Benton Harbor, MIJune 16, 2015
This was a hard job- you actually have to be up for cleaning and being on your feet all day. However, the environment was super fun, all the managers were great, and the free movie perk was a real winner for me. It was one of my favorite jobs.
Fun place to work, no raises/benefits
Director (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MichiganMarch 7, 2015
Celebration! Cinema is a great first job to have; however as I got older and my need for more money increased, it was hard to make a living off the minimum wage. The people are fantastic to work with, but at the end of the day, I couldn't afford to pay my rent but I got to watch movies for free. Overall, it's an easy job, can be stressful on certain times, if they paid their employees better, I would be more than happy to stay. I enjoy the management as a whole, I learned a lot about how a business runs. I moved on because I wanted a job that benefited society and truly helped people.
Pros
Free Movies, Great People, Easy Job
Cons
No raises, Work every Holiday/Weekend
Productive ,clean establishment
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIMay 19, 2012
very nice and caring staff
very good movie reviews
Awesome management
the best part of the job is the people I work with
Pros
staff
Cons
short breaks