Celerity IT Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Celerity
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 15, 2018
I have only been working there a short time but they seem to be a good company that takes care of it's employees. I would recommend them to anyone. I will always look to them for employment.
One of the better companies I've worked for
Senior Business Analyst contracted to Highmark (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAMay 9, 2018
Celerity took care of their contractors with regular check-ins, good response time to issues, and morale boosting activities. My job site did not respect contractors, but that wasn't Celerity's fault. The only reason I left was because the job site ended my contract and Celerity couldn't find me a new contract quickly enough. If Celerity has an opportunity for me again, I would work there again.
Pros
In tune with employees, good atmosphere
Mismanagement
Senior Java Developer (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAApril 18, 2018
It is constant firefighting mode because the projects are completely mismanaged. They just grind their developers into pulp so long as they complete the contract. They depend on their developers to pull them out of the fire but then don't listen to them when they could have prevented the situations entirely.
Pros
remote work, nice offices
Cons
benefits, pay, balance
Typical DC Area contracting company focused on non-governmental clients.
Senior User Experience Designer (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAApril 17, 2018
Typical DC Area contracting company focused on non-governmental clients, which is highly unusual for the area. A few long-term "regular" clients being used as leverage for additional work. Continually applying for further contractual opportunities.
the experience was new
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sun Prairie, WIFebruary 28, 2018
The company pay is great and we do pay and daily pass also options and available for most job sites but the lack of communication between staff and employees is huge also the demand of the job and time it consumes of each employee is quite frankly ridiculous and overbearing
Pros
Great compensation with the opportunity to grow with a Fortune 500 company
Cons
Ridiculous hours shifts changing and rotating at last minutes notice mandatory overtime
Program Analyst (Former Employee) –  Camp Hill, PAFebruary 28, 2018
Good people I do not feel that I should have to write one hundred and fifty characters minimum to rate any place this is not what I wanted to do so I hope you like the rating and I will not rate another place
Pros
after work parties
Cons
on call
They dont care bout they employees
Material Handler-Hostess Crew (Former Employee) –  Sun Prairie, WI 53590February 5, 2018
.The job they sent me to I told them I wouldnt be able to do that long cuz it was at village hearth and they hours are crazy. I have children so I need a consistent schedule. They told me to work the job as long as I could and they would find me something. So 5 months later I quit Village Hearth because I couldnt take the hours anymore and Celerity say they cant help me SMH.
Care for their people and their clients
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Camp Hill, PAJanuary 3, 2018
Training / mentoring was offered at startup. Many tools are used for tracking progress in development and implementation. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I was able to work with.
Pros
Good company to work for. Seem to care about their people and their clients.
Tough environment
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 14, 2017
The organization had some really good things going for itself. Unfortunately the company has dissolved for the most part of the last year. It was a fun environment, yet very competitive and severely demanding from the owner.
Pros
Good Recruiter Commissions
Cons
Nothing was ever good enough
Smart people; collaborative environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  McLean, VANovember 6, 2017
Great company with a ton of growth potential
Expert teams knowledgeable in digital, process and technology
Company benefits are great
Company rewards the people who work hard
Great job
Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  Yorba Linda, CAOctober 10, 2017
Long day stressful
How to be part of management staff
looked for was to improve process and product
Keeping up with changes
Having management that cared about there employees
Pros
clear vision on the company
Cons
they should have never sold the co
Laure Evans Insurance
Executive Administrator (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CAAugust 18, 2017
This was my own Insurance agency, so I enjoyed it very much. It was a lot of work but exactly what I liked. It was a small office and a lot of customer visits throughout the day.
Very organized and fun place to work
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield, CTJuly 13, 2017
Great company. I worked there as a contractor for almost 2 years. I have only good things to talk about this company. They are very organized and nice with their employees. good benefits. Salary is not that great. May be for the contract I had for the company to work for via Celerith. All in all I had very good experience.
Lost Contract
Consultant - Contractor - .Net Developer (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAJune 2, 2017
I was only with Celerity for a few months, they hired then laid me off. The team of six was very top down, no creative thinking, no sharing of responsibility. The manager did not show up on site. Manager was un aware of the group, what was going on, or anything else. Celerity lost their big contract then laid a bunch of us off, through no fault of our own. I was heavily under utilized and my same criticisms are what lost celerity their and then my own work. It hurts to be too smart these days. A co worker went through my personal cell phone then harassed me. Really immature bad work experience.
Pros
good salary
bad

Comment – March 20, 2018

Your experience with that company did not sound pleasant however I believe you have reviewed the incorrect company. We are based out of NY and SC and do not have/ nor had any out of state contractors. We are an electronic medical records and billing company that works with behavioral health treatment centers.
(You can look us up at celerityllc.net to confirm this ) We would greatly appreciate if you removed the review in light of the error.
Thank you! :)

competitive
Consultant/Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAMay 31, 2017
no comment........ I prefer not to answer this question at this time........however, the office was close to home: so no out of the area traveling was necessary.
Worked on the medicare system
Contract Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 23, 2017
I worked as a contractor, and left after 9 months. We were required to document everything that we did, according to medicare standards. I learned alot about Medicare, but feel the the government mandated procedures were excessive.
It was a Corporation with good benefits
Machine Shop Specialist (Former Employee) –  Yorba Linda, CAMay 16, 2017
Very focus in organization of all areas.
I learned all as I know in Production area, the management always worry about the bussines and Safety.
Safety was first.
Pros
Chance to grow inside of the company
Cons
n/a
Celerity
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAApril 14, 2017
Boring job that doesn't offer much of a career path. This is a good opportunity to get some experience, but then move on to something more progressive.
Contracting/Consulting
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAApril 10, 2017
This was my first experience with Contracting/Consulting and it was a little scary. The Recruiter and Manager were helpful and supportive. I would definitely work with them again in the future.
Pros
Affordable, good benefits
Cons
work assignment length
Staffing Agency
Temp to Hire (Former Employee) –  Sun Prairie, WIMarch 16, 2017
Like most staffing agencies, this one is your basic walk-in, sit down, fill out an application, and be on your way. However, I will say that they found me a job within a few days.