Celgene Corporation Employee Reviews

Good reputation and smart people but people development not always there
Manager (Former Employee) –  Summit, NJSeptember 18, 2018
Many smart people, good pipeline, many interesting roles, good reputation of company, good benefits, however difficult to get new job opportunities in other departments unless you are one of the chosen few - highly political and does not do good job supporting development of new employees
Pros
stock/RSUs, smart people, work life balance, culture, pipeline
Cons
pay on the mid to low side? fewer development/growth opportunities, political, stock not growing much anymore
Good Starter Job
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Summit, NJSeptember 6, 2018
After an intense training where I feel they don't cover everything, you would be thrown to wolves. The calls are sometimes out there and you are scrutinized by things you didn't or could have done better. The reviews from management are very inconsistent and subjective. It's a steep learning curve but stable once you get the hang of it. You learn to work with different departments and how to talk to all kinds of customers. Another issue that I find is the inconsistent hours, there are days you work until 5 or days you work until 8, you can work 12 hours or 8 hours. It's tough to have a stable work life balance when your schedule shifts constantly. The most enjoyable part for me is talking to the customers, especially those who really appreciate the help.
Cons
Short Breaks, Inconsistent Schedule. Subjective Reviews from Management
Excellent company to learn and grow
Director (Former Employee) –  Summit, NJMay 24, 2018
I had the greatest opportunities in my career at Celgene. I am fortunate to have been able to join at a time when the company was just growing. I was able to learn from some of the best mentors.
Management was very good to the employees. Allthough Celgene never really shuts down their computers or mobile phones and its business around the clock. That was the hardest thing about the job, not having a work life balance due to the amount of work. However, it was good compensation and job security.
I'm just a contractor, but I want in.
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Summit, NJNovember 24, 2018
This job has me helping blood cancer patients enroll in a pill-based chemotherapy program with side effects that are less debilitating. This is personal because I had lost a spouse to a blood cancer, and I feel fulfilled in helping others who are in the same boat to survive. I help prevent the risk of embryo-fetal exposure to the company's REMS products, and I inform prescribers, patients, and pharmacies on the serious risks and safe-use conditions for those REMS products.

Their training programs are thorough. The tests at the beginning are daunting at first, but necessary because of what is at stake for the patients.

I am only a contractor, but I am proud to be at this place. I hope I can be taken on full-time at the end of my contract.
Pros
Fulfilling personally. Weekends are free. Sometimes work from home.
Cons
No benefits because I am a contractor, but I hope this will change.
Celgene Review
Biospecimen Operations Specialist II (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 25, 2018
Company has grown tremendously since I've joined. Very fast paced environment with a heavy workload, but plenty of opportunity to learn and grow. Management is excellent and supportive.
Pros
Opportunity to learn
Cons
work load and compensation
Good company to work for
Associate Director (Former Employee) –  Berkeley Heights, NJAugust 20, 2018
As long as you are willing to work, the company will help you achieve your carrier goals. I started as a contractor that got converted in less than 4 months time and senior management empowered me to meet the goals I was given and no one created unnecessary obstacles in my way. Culture is super friendly and we globally worked as a team,
Pros
Top employeer of USA
Cons
Cut throat at times
Celgene
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Summit, NJAugust 14, 2018
The workplace culture is friendly and this company offers good benefits and incentives. I would recommend working here for anyone interested in joining the company.
Not a good place to work
Employee (Current Employee) –  Township of Warren, NJAugust 5, 2018
Cut throat environment at every level...employees throw each other under the bus for advancement opportunities. Immature and inexperienced workforce put in inappropriate roles (directors, etc.). Unethical actions being done and encouraged by management for the sake of competition with competitors. Could not work in these conditions
Good Pay
Operator II/ Department Trainer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 27, 2018
Great competitive wages, Awesome benefit package, Stock options, and a decent amount of paid time off. I would recommend to people who can work in a stressful work enviorment.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
short breaks
It is a great company
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Summit, NJJanuary 29, 2019
It provides great learning experience and is a great place to work. It provides great culture. good employes. great managers. nice environment nice cafetria
Pros
It provides great learning experience and is a great place to work.
Cons
It provides great learning experience and is a great place to work.
It pays the bills
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 18, 2018
If you enjoy a fast-paced environment where the direction from upper management is always changing then you would enjoy working here. There is not much of a work-life balance. There is also little room for upward advancement. The people are nice.
Hard driving company with innovative people, high voluntary and involuntary turnover
Director (Former Employee) –  Summit, NJJuly 17, 2018
Creative and innovative company. Heavy workload, but very rewarding work. Company is willing to take new chances and commit to innovative projects. Opportunities exist for the self driven.
Pros
Good pay and benefits, interesting projects that are both challenging and rewarding
Cons
Employee turnover is high, both voluntary and involuntary, past 4-5 years have seen many restructurings and layoffs
Enjoyable, secure place to work
Director, CMC Quality (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILAugust 4, 2018
Enjoyed working for the corporation. Flexible hours, excellent facility, work accommodation based on need. Excellent salary, benefits and promotions. Convenient location.
I love Celgene Corporation
Legal Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAAugust 27, 2018
I honestly love working for Celgene Corporation. The only reason that I would consider leaving, is because I'm contract and it would be nice to find something permanent. It would be nice to have paid vacation, a 401(k) and the additional benefits that a full time and permanent position provides.
Pros
Excellent place to work!!! The people are amazing!
Cons
Contract positions are hard to transfer to permanent
Management definitely needs more training
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Summit, NJDecember 29, 2018
Management is never on the same page and hardly knows whats going on. Job itself is not stressful, work environment is a little stressful. Not very professional. Work from home option is nice after 6 months of employment.
Good Company to work for
Reporting and Testing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 1, 2018
I love working for Celgene Corporation. The only reason that I would consider leaving, is because I'm contract and it would be nice to find something permanent. It would be nice to have paid vacation, a 401(k) and the additional benefits that a full time and permanent position provides.
Cons
I dont see any
OK place to work
Sr. System Analyst (Current Employee) –  Summit, NJJanuary 8, 2019
Nice place, fair benefits, but overall strategy - do not hire, if possible to find temporary contractor or offshore company. Hard to grow inside the company.
Analyst, Manufacturing Support (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 4, 2018
The company as a whole is wonderful. They are very dedicated to providing for their employees, knowing a strong employee will make product to get to patients. There are some management situations at manufacturing sites where the waters are muddy on how they move through problems. But for the most part, couldn't ask for better place to work.
Very Productive and fun place to work
EUC/Technical Support Tier 3 (Current Employee) –  Summit, NJFebruary 8, 2019
Typical day is full of troubleshooting different IT issues from multiple departments. I have learned alot with time management and dealing with different personalities.
Great Company and Solid Fundamentals
IT Business Partner - Director (Current Employee) –  Summit, NJOctober 17, 2018
Great organization for growth at junior to middle level management. Solid fundamentals research and development, great leadership taking to next level!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Celgene Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight