Celgene Corporation Employee Reviews

8 years
Associate Manager, Legal Contracts (Former Employee) –  Summit, NJSeptember 11, 2018
8 years is a long time to work at a place don't you think? I would like to work at a new position for another 8 years. Lets hope that Indeed will help!
Good Starter Job
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Summit, NJSeptember 6, 2018
After an intense training where I feel they don't cover everything, you would be thrown to wolves. The calls are sometimes out there and you are scrutinized by things you didn't or could have done better. The reviews from management are very inconsistent and subjective. It's a steep learning curve but stable once you get the hang of it. You learn to work with different departments and how to talk to all kinds of customers. Another issue that I find is the inconsistent hours, there are days you work until 5 or days you work until 8, you can work 12 hours or 8 hours. It's tough to have a stable work life balance when your schedule shifts constantly. The most enjoyable part for me is talking to the customers, especially those who really appreciate the help.
Cons
Short Breaks, Inconsistent Schedule. Subjective Reviews from Management
Good Pay
Operator II/ Department Trainer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 27, 2018
Great competitive wages, Awesome benefit package, Stock options, and a decent amount of paid time off. I would recommend to people who can work in a stressful work enviorment.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
short breaks
I love Celgene Corporation
Legal Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAAugust 27, 2018
I honestly love working for Celgene Corporation. The only reason that I would consider leaving, is because I'm contract and it would be nice to find something permanent. It would be nice to have paid vacation, a 401(k) and the additional benefits that a full time and permanent position provides.
Pros
Excellent place to work!!! The people are amazing!
Cons
Contract positions are hard to transfer to permanent
Adhere to mission of company
Sr Principal Scientist (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 24, 2018
Management is aware of company mission and focuses on accomplishing it.
There are many projects that are overlapping and in some occasions, it seems hard to let go of failing projects.
The Celgene Experience
Quality Assurance Analyst, Contractor (Former Employee) –  Berkeley Heights, NJAugust 21, 2018
A typical day would consist of writing UAT scripts and executing UAT. I learned some about writing UAT scripts. The workplace culture is positive. Not being assigned to a team and working in isolation. The snacks.
Pros
Free snackes ad beverages
Cons
Working in isolation
Good company to work for
Associate Director (Former Employee) –  Berkeley Heights, NJAugust 20, 2018
As long as you are willing to work, the company will help you achieve your carrier goals. I started as a contractor that got converted in less than 4 months time and senior management empowered me to meet the goals I was given and no one created unnecessary obstacles in my way. Culture is super friendly and we globally worked as a team,
Pros
Top employeer of USA
Cons
Cut throat at times
Celgene
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Summit, NJAugust 14, 2018
The workplace culture is friendly and this company offers good benefits and incentives. I would recommend working here for anyone interested in joining the company.
A work environment that fosters collaboration and great colleagues that always assist and help.
Reporting and Testing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 10, 2018
I learned a lot working at Celgene. Good people to work with. Every day was a new and unique challenge, and it kept the job from being boring and monotonous.
Not a good place to work
Employee (Current Employee) –  Township of Warren, NJAugust 5, 2018
Cut throat environment at every level...employees throw each other under the bus for advancement opportunities. Immature and inexperienced workforce put in inappropriate roles (directors, etc.). Unethical actions being done and encouraged by management for the sake of competition with competitors. Could not work in these conditions
Enjoyable, secure place to work
Director, CMC Quality (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILAugust 4, 2018
Enjoyed working for the corporation. Flexible hours, excellent facility, work accommodation based on need. Excellent salary, benefits and promotions. Convenient location.
Interesting company
CAR-T CMC Manager, Development QA (Former Employee) –  Summit, NJJuly 18, 2018
Great company...not so great management. Could improve on diversity and inclusion. Management needs to improve communication, people management skills, and interaction with staff.
nice working environment
Senior Software Programmer (Former Employee) –  Summit, NJJuly 18, 2018
Nice place to learn new technologies.
Good working environment.
Good people.
Allow work from home.
Good support from managers and other staff members.
Hard driving company with innovative people, high voluntary and involuntary turnover
Director (Former Employee) –  Summit, NJJuly 17, 2018
Creative and innovative company. Heavy workload, but very rewarding work. Company is willing to take new chances and commit to innovative projects. Opportunities exist for the self driven.
Pros
Good pay and benefits, interesting projects that are both challenging and rewarding
Cons
Employee turnover is high, both voluntary and involuntary, past 4-5 years have seen many restructurings and layoffs
A typical day at work
Drug Safety Specialist (Current Employee) –  Summit, NJJuly 9, 2018
It is a very metrics driven job. I have learned to multitask on several platforms to complete my case load. Time management is very challenging and imperative.
Was a good working place
IT Quality & Compliance Associate (Former Employee) –  Summit, NJJune 11, 2018
The company was a good place to work, but I was never given a chance for promotion. Pay was what I would expect for a pharma company. Management seemed
walk away from this company.
Risk Intervention Specialist ( Customer Care) (Former Employee) –  Summit, NJJune 9, 2018
The management is horrible specially in the customer care or Rems specialist department. The actual company is great but this particular department has a very toxic environment.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Horrible management.
Great career
Associate (Former Employee) –  Township of Warren, NJJune 6, 2018
Great managers, great work environment if you are in the right department. Office politics are always going to be a problem but if you don't make friends and just keep to yourself you will be just fine.
Excellent company to learn and grow
Director (Former Employee) –  Summit, NJMay 24, 2018
I had the greatest opportunities in my career at Celgene. I am fortunate to have been able to join at a time when the company was just growing. I was able to learn from some of the best mentors.
Management was very good to the employees. Allthough Celgene never really shuts down their computers or mobile phones and its business around the clock. That was the hardest thing about the job, not having a work life balance due to the amount of work. However, it was good compensation and job security.
It pays the bills
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 18, 2018
If you enjoy a fast-paced environment where the direction from upper management is always changing then you would enjoy working here. There is not much of a work-life balance. There is also little room for upward advancement. The people are nice.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Celgene Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight