Celgene Corporation Employee Reviews

A typical day at work
Drug Safety Specialist (Current Employee) –  Summit, NJJuly 9, 2018
It is a very metrics driven job. I have learned to multitask on several platforms to complete my case load. Time management is very challenging and imperative.
Was a good working place
IT Quality & Compliance Associate (Former Employee) –  Summit, NJJune 11, 2018
The company was a good place to work, but I was never given a chance for promotion. Pay was what I would expect for a pharma company. Management seemed
walk away from this company.
Risk Intervention Specialist ( Customer Care) (Former Employee) –  Summit, NJJune 9, 2018
The management is horrible specially in the customer care or Rems specialist department. The actual company is great but this particular department has a very toxic environment.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Horrible management.
Great career
Associate (Former Employee) –  Township of Warren, NJJune 6, 2018
Great managers, great work environment if you are in the right department. Office politics are always going to be a problem but if you don't make friends and just keep to yourself you will be just fine.
Excellent company to learn and grow
Director (Former Employee) –  Summit, NJMay 24, 2018
I had the greatest opportunities in my career at Celgene. I am fortunate to have been able to join at a time when the company was just growing. I was able to learn from some of the best mentors.
Management was very good to the employees. Allthough Celgene never really shuts down their computers or mobile phones and its business around the clock. That was the hardest thing about the job, not having a work life balance due to the amount of work. However, it was good compensation and job security.
It pays the bills
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 18, 2018
If you enjoy a fast-paced environment where the direction from upper management is always changing then you would enjoy working here. There is not much of a work-life balance. There is also little room for upward advancement. The people are nice.
Siloed place to work
IT Asset and Configuration Process Owner (Current Employee) –  Summit, NJMay 17, 2018
Company has a lot of politics which impacts progress. To many areas that do not see the bigger picture and makes it harder to make a change. Management focuses on trying to survive instead of innovation.
Wish I had stayed
Supervisor, Risk & Compliance (Former Employee) –  Berkeley Heights, NJMay 8, 2018
I left Celgene because I was offered a job closer to my home with more money, I wish I had stayed with this company, aside from Verizon this was the best company I have worked for.
Great work environment
Sr. Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Summit, NJMay 6, 2018
Communication skills, more transparency between managers and subordinates. More Community volunteer work. Mandatory Training for admins. Working from home opportunities for all employees. Christmas week closures.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Number of people admins support
No comments
Regional Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Summit, NJApril 4, 2018
A decent place to work; however, they tend to promote people into positions with no prior experience. I guess some people are considered to show potential while others, who demonstrate superior skills and experience, get left behind.

Want to know more about Celgene Corporation?

Ask a question
Celgene
Human Resources Business Partner (contract) (Former Employee) –  Warren, NJApril 3, 2018
I only worked for Celgene on a temporary HR Generalist contract and cannot provide a review of the company. I supported the sales organization for a new drug launch.
A Place to Lay Your Hat For a Respite
Senior Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Township of Warren, NJMarch 30, 2018
Celgene is a great company to work for. However, as in most corporate jobs, remember not to get lost in the administrative shuffle. People will have you training your next manager or director, while you stay at the bottom rungs of the ladder.
Pros
Decent Hours.
Cons
Management is Built Upon The 'Ole Buddy System.
Not what it used to be
Management (Former Employee) –  Summit, NJMarch 27, 2018
Celgene used to have a innovative and collaborative culture where everyone worked together to make the company successful. Now with an influx of new people and a very poorly run HR department the culture has shifted to one where everyone is watching their back and many people are jumping ship to go to better run companies where you don't need to put in 60 hours per week.
Cons
Work Hours, Culture, Hr, Management
Upward movement
Global Quality System Document Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILMarch 22, 2018
Celgene's ability to allow its employees to grow and learn so they can move into other roles and advance is remarkable. They provide a career ladder so no employee is left behind or wonder what they will have to do to get to the next level
Pros
Overtime Welcomed
Cons
Site Closed
Review
Contract Document Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Berkeley Heights, NJFebruary 15, 2018
My typical day is working on site contracts. I have learned that no sites are the same when negotiating. I think the hardest part of my job is that I wear different hats. I can be doing a CDA for outsourcing and then be negotiating a contract for a site.
Cons
Temp
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Berkeley Heights, NJFebruary 12, 2018
Learned the contract process management
Workplace environment was very collaborative
Typical Day at Work was handling meeting schedule, logistics and responding to meeting updates
People were fantastic to work with
No 1 Innovation leads to the development
Associate Scientist Drug Substance Development (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILFebruary 12, 2018
Innovation leads to the discovery and development of therapies that save and extend lives — the primary goal of any healthcare program. And by doing that, innovation helps keep healthcare costs down and drives economic growth.

Thanks to medical innovation patients are living longer, healthier, more productive lives, a benefit that extends across the entire healthcare ecosystem to society as a whole. Simply put, the longer one lives, the more time they have to be productive and contribute to their families and society.
Great Company
Patient Support and Reimbursement (Former Employee) –  Summit, NJFebruary 10, 2018
Celgene is a great company with endless opportunities, resources and growth. Patient support resources are terrific and patients are number one focus.
Love Celgene
Senior Doc Specialist - Nonclinical/Early Drug Dev (Former Employee) –  Summit, NJJanuary 31, 2018
Celgene provides advancement opportunities like no other company I've worked for. They care about their employee's happiness and want to ensure there is a good work/life balance. It's hard to get in, but it's great to work there.
Great place
SENIOR ASSOCIATE SCIENTIST (Current Employee) –  Summit, NJJanuary 20, 2018
Celgene is great place to work. However New Jersey is high tax and expect to pay a lot in taxes either for property or in general. If you dont mind taxes then Celgene is all positive.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Celgene Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight