Cellular Sales Employee Reviews

Featured review
Cellular Sales selected this as a representative review
Amazing culture, and even better leadership
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TNJanuary 5, 2018
Like most of you I have been searching for not only a job but a career. I have sure found it with Cellular Sales. The culture here is unlike any other I have been apart of. It is a highly competitive, fun, get after it type of workplace with AMAZING leadership!! The hiring process is wonderful. From the first time a recruiter speaks with you, to the first time you sit down for an interview. You are welcomed and feel like you belong. I can not say enough about this company and how it continues to grow. If you are looking to make money and have a good time doing it, this is the position for you. The expectations are set as soon as you talk anyone with the company. So there are no excuses to not know what you are getting yourself into. I encourage all hardworking, positive spirited people to look into a career at cellular sales !!!!!
Pros
Big money
Cons
Short breaks
Depends on the area and your manager
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, PAJanuary 18, 2019
The job gives you a chance to make a lot of money. If you work your hardest you can do between 50 and 100k. Management is kinda off and your worklife balance and culture depends on what region you work in. Above average opportunity at an average job.
Pros
Above average opportunity at an average job.
Cons
Management can be iffy but no job is perfect
Great hours, very hands off management. Decent money if your a self starter.
Telecommunications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJanuary 15, 2019
I very much enjoyed my time at Cellular Sales. Great hours, fellow employees and the management. I also learned a great deal about phones and apps. I learned how to navigate technology to improve my life. I had to move and will miss that job.
Pros
Short hours, great management, learned something new everyday.
Cons
Door swings could be improved by advertising. Could get slow at times
Upbeat, fun
Account Advisor (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJanuary 15, 2019
Cellular Sales is like a family at the office. Everyone was very helpful and knowledgeable and wanted everyone to succeed. The only competition there was really between co-workers as a way to "bring the hype".
n/a
Senior Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Clayton, NCJanuary 11, 2019
dont care to give review will not give review, had good experience and worked with excellent people, dont know why this is necessary, moved on to another company.
Cellularsales
Conduct audits of stores for National Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Kemah, TXJanuary 8, 2019
Good place to work if your in retail sales. Lots of locations to choose from. Higher compensation compared to most sell phone retailers. Company is continuing to grow
They feed you lies about pay in the interview
Mentor (Current Employee) –  PAJanuary 7, 2019
It is a lot of cold calling and harassing people to buy from you. Not flexible hours as they say in the interview. Most of the reps that I worked with have been with the company 6 months and still have not seen a commission check. The $11 you make an hour, you have to payback through your hourly. It is 100% commission. Do not let them fool you.
Pros
Having a store key
Cons
Pay structure, lying promises about bonus pay
It was good
PROFESSIONAL SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJanuary 7, 2019
The culture was great and everything was pretty fair. Food was often provided for longer work days on special occasions and the benefits were astounding.
Productive and fun workplace
Wireless Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TNDecember 31, 2018
Working with Cellular Sales has been the best job I have had so far out of the 4 jobs I have had. It is a fun place where you can make some serious money if you put the time and effort into actually connecting with people and getting yourself out there
Pros
Verizon discount
Great People and Culture
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Kingsport, TNDecember 29, 2018
Working at Cellular Sales is a great experience. I enjoy going to work. The management and the team are positive and will help you any way that they can! I am very pleased to be a part of the team at Cellular Sales.
Productive work environment
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TNDecember 28, 2018
The training for this job gets you ready to start selling and making money on the first day you step on the floor. Everyone around is very helpful and will do anything they can to help you grow with the company. I felt like family from day 1 and nothing has changed.

Want to know more about Cellular Sales?

Ask a question
Stressful but bearable
Verzion Wireless Representative (Former Employee) –  Alameda, CADecember 27, 2018
Job provides training and is well organized for the most part. Management made it a very stressful environment but coworkers made it a good experience. Workload is as much as you make it but if you don't hit the minimum requirements then you get fired.
Pros
lunch, coworkers
Cons
Management, do not care about employees
If you are single and don't care about hours, then this is the place for you!
Employee (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaDecember 21, 2018
I would highly recommend working for someone else, mainly due to the fact that the hours you get change monthly, almost always have to work weekends, regardless of tenure, and the management is...lacking at best.
Pros
Periodic free lunches, medical plans, 401K, bonuses (if you measure up)
Cons
Management leadership/guidance, hours, pay, locations, some days you make nothing
A very fast paced evironment
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Centerville, GADecember 17, 2018
Cellular Sales has a commission only sales approach tat drives you to work hard and produce because if you don't work you don't eat! At that point in my life I was very eager to perform and make as much money as I could but, the money never added up and I just didn't understand their logic behind the deductions.
Pros
You can make as much money as you would like
Cons
The money never adds up to what you think you should make
Misleading
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Somers Point, NJDecember 15, 2018
*Make sure you have money saved up before applying here. Training can be over month long , it's extended if you can't get five customers in the store to buy phones off your mentor, and your only paid $10 per hour. The first week of training you have to either stay in PA, or commute back and forth for a week- they only provide funds for the hotel, the other 3 weeks of training your Mentor hovers over you everyday like you're a little kid. After that, you have to travel once a week for 3 months for Warroom, which you are not paid for, just to cold call customers about promotions they "qualify" for,  but everyone really everyone qualifies for, so be prepared to bs people. I ended up picking up a second job because my training was extended, if you live on your own you know $10 per hour doesn't make ends meet.. I overslept for a morning shift here and got fired. I came into this job with misleading information. They also have you think you will get a $1000 bonus after a month , I worked here for a month and a half didn't get that bonus so who knows if you even get one. This isn't Verizon this is a authorized retailer, I should've known this job came with bs. Hopefully this helps someone from wasting their time as well.
Pretty fun place to work
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNDecember 15, 2018
Management here really cares about their employees, and the atmosphere is very relaxed, but the call center "rules" change very often, usually with little warning and that can make it a little stressful. If you're a flexible person, you may enjoy it here.
Pros
Bonus capability
Cons
Little Communication
Stay away
Regional Sales Trainer (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VADecember 14, 2018
I erased what I wrote because I don't feel comfortable writing how terrible it is to work for this company. You are taking a risk if you accept a job at this company.
Great company; not so great local management
Wireless Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Grovetown, GADecember 12, 2018
I worked for Cellular Sales nearly 4 years. It was a great experience up until the end. I have nothing bad to say about the company itself and I have always been thankful for the opportunity. It is a 100% commission job, so what you make is the effort you put in. Luckily, the Augusta sub market of North Georgia was pretty steady. I averaged anywhere from $4000-$5500 per month with a top earning of $6400 one month. And of course, I had a few bad months barely making $3000-$3500. It doesn't seem bad, but in the CSOKI world, that is bottom of the leaderboard. Sometimes it was easy money and other times, I really had to work for it. I learned alot about cellphone technology and so much more. There are a few things I can complain about though. First would be the "call center." They make you going in once a week from 9am-2pm to make outbound sales calls with provided leads. They do not pay you to be there, but were expected to be there since it was a scheduled shift and would be written up if you didn't show up. You needed a doctor's excuse. Local management is terrible, with the exception of our sales team leaders. (They were great.) Besides them, the other ones choose favorites and cater to everything they need. For example, this one rep has just gotten her car repossessed for the 3rd time in a year and guess who bailed her out each time, the managers. I won't say any names because I don't want to embarrass anyone. This rep is an average earner of maybe $3k/month, if that. This rep must know some juicy info to get that kind of help 3 times in a row (thousands of dollars)... Get  more... this, I was terminated for "violation of policy" for logging into CSOKI (a system we don't even use anymore) for another coworker to send her commission information. In the 3 years and 10 months I worked there, everyone in that company has logged in for another employee to process sales due to the internet being down at another location, system not working, etc... I mean come on, my GM that fired me has done it and I have done it for her and our GM of GM's. I just find it to be complete bologna and a sorry excuse for a termination. I felt like I was an asset to the company and always strived to do my best. I always tried to go above and beyond my duties and help when needed. I even dog sat for my GM and head trainer for WEEKS at a time while they would be out of town. I honestly just felt very let down and not one of them has called me to ask how I am. They would rather support a less than subpar employee who barely makes her numbers vs a great one. But hey, I made this personal.. Someone needs to hear the things that really go on in the Augusta market because obviously none of the management or HR seems to care. Smoking weed in the parking lot, or weed vape pens in the store, talking inappropriately about other coworkers when it's really not warranted, a white coworker calling a black coworker the N word just because she didn't agree with her and that was shoved under the rug with no repercussions. My last year there was just terrible. I'm usually not one to complain and I normally just keep everything to myself if I'm upset, but I was personally threatened, talked bad about, and much more by a few certain people at this job and no one did anything about it. I filed harrassment and defamation of character complaints to HR, and NOTHING was done. I wanted to transfer markets, but why should I have to be the one to uproot my life if I'm not the one causing the trouble? I honestly hate that my job ended at Cellular Sales. From what I said above, you would probably think otherwise, but it was good money and I put up with it for the sake of my paycheck and livelihood. It is a shame the things that go on in those stores that are not addressed. The Augusta Market is really a mess and any rep that has been there for at least a year will tell you these same things. It's really sad what this sub market has come to and all because management chooses sides and let's certain people get away with anything.

On a positive note, I would recommend anyone to work for this company. I would just stay away from the Augusta Sub market. It's nothing but drama, cliques, micromanagement, and less than sub par management (again, with the exception of the sales team leaders because those two are phenomenal.) I would like to go back and work for CS, but it would be in a different market, away from all the childish reps in Augusta.
Pros
Unlimited earning potential, half off phone bill
Cons
Management, chargebacks, immature reps, no vacation time or sick leave.
Good place to be
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INDecember 11, 2018
I enjoyed my time with Cellular Sales. Great team, great people to back you up. It was wonderful knowing I had a whole team and then some to go to when I needed help.
Pros
Team bonding, make your own schedule, make the life you want
Cons
You have to be committed to the job 100% or you won't make it as a great salesperson.
Meh at best
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZDecember 10, 2018
I want to provide everyone a clear picture of what it is like to work for this company. So I apologize in advance because this might take awhile.

First things first! How you get paid! Here in Yuma AZ, you get paid $15 an hour plus commission which isn't too bad. How does commission work? Well, everything you sell goes into your very own individual commission pool. So in month time frame you can sale around $3500. However, $3500 isn't all yours...not just yet. You must have a certain number of activations (new lines of service) that unlock percentages from you whatever commission you earned for that month. Here's an example. You sell $3500 worth of product for the month, you need 8 activations to get 10% of that $3500 and say 18 activations to get 100%. Trust me, easier said than done. But there is more. $3500 is the magic number set by the upper brass that each rep needs to hit each month or risk being fired. So what happens if you don't sell $3500 for the month and you end up selling $3000? The $500 deficit rolls over to next month and NOW YOU NEED TO SELL $4000 worth of product if you want any chance of seeing your commission check. If you miss back to back months the amount you owe them just keeps growing and growing. No worries though, if the amount you owe becomes outstanding, the company will just sever ties and you don't need to pay anything back.

Yuma is Yuma and Yuma is a winter town. When the summer comes around, our population is cut in half. You know that, I know that, our fellow employees know that including the manager, however, top brass doesn't know that
  more... or they just don't care. Remember that $3500 quota? Doesn't change! You're still required to hit that amount despite the decrease of customers that come through door. So what happens is during the summer you get the same customers coming in to pay bills and/or need help troubleshooting their phone (I'll get to that later). Their account hasn't change and NO, FOR THE THIRD TIME THEY STILL DON'T WANT THAT FREE TABLET! Sometimes during the summer, they have us call our past customers to inform them of the current sales we have at the moment, not bad idea right? Oh wait, the majority of our customers aren't from here and are back home for the summer. This is a good idea for setting things up for when they get back, but that doesn't help you for the current month.

The schedule is unique as it is a draft schedule. First pick goes to the top employee where they choose the day and shift they would like to work for the upcoming month. After that the second best chooses then so on and so forth until all the shifts are filled.

A typical work day? I've always felt that this industry is different because you are a SALES REP however, the majority of what you do is not sales, BUT customer service, troubleshooting, bill pays, refereeing, psychiatrist, Jedi, Rock'em Sock'em Robot, the list goes on and on! All kidding aside, the reality is your job hinges on less than 10% of what you actually do and that's stressful. Whenever you bring this up, you are told that we are Verizon's preferred "PrEmIuM ReTaILeR" and we go all out for our customers. If that's the case, don't get mad when I spend an hour helping someone and not getting a sale out of it.

The team I worked with were good people with only one bad apple. We were all experienced sales reps with years in the industry each with different backgrounds and disciplines but every single one of us felt the weight placed on us during the summer months.

If the structure does not change within the company, they will continue to have a high turn around rate because of the lack of business during the summer with them letting people go or their employees becoming the wiser and seeing that it's not worth the troubles.
Pros
Sweet discounts, Play with the latest tech
Cons
Everything else
Great local leadership, RDs are greedy bstards
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Fredonia, NYDecember 9, 2018
Local team leaders were great as well as coworkers. Loved going to work, very positive environment. Then, the Regional Directors come in and change things. Scheduling changes put more people on the floor. This is a 100% commissioned job that pays a bi-monthly hourly draw. Your draw is deducted out of your commissions. Because of the overstaffing, it was very easy to go negative on your draw and end up owing the company money. They claim to be family oriented, when in actuality, they only care about their own families and the fck with yours.
Pros
Great coworkers, local leaders and decent draw pay
Cons
constantly shifting goals to unobtainable levels

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cellular Sales. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.1InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

2.1Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight