Cellular Sales
56Below average

Cellular Sales Employee Reviews

United States913 reviews
Featured review
Cellular Sales selected this as a representative review
Cellular Sales has offered me an opportunity I didn’t think I would ever find. Great pay, flexible hours and shifts, excellent culture, great team work, and an excellent learning environment. Whether you are beginning your sales career or expanding on it from an extensive background of sales, Cellular Sales has a place for you. They provide excellent training before you start and top notch on going on the job training throughout your career
Pros
Great Pay, flexible schedule, great training, awesome team members
Cons
No paid vacation
July 30, 2019
It's always a highlight of the day to see (read) that we are doing things right! We are actively hiring in your area if you know others looking for an opportunity. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for Cellular Sales!
They have a great bs game that’s about it
They want you to treat customers like family but they surly don’t treat employees that way it’s all about numbers with them hit these number sell these phones con customers into buying this type of phone because it will make us more money if you have a problem they don’t want to hear it and your out the door they have a great bs game that’s about all don’t let them full you there in it for them selfs
Not worth it
-You go in and you work yourself to death learning how to use a computer. Then you’re pretty much thrown to the wolves.
-You aren’t taught how to be a good salesmen.

-You feel pressured and stressed out all the time- to meet this quota or to meet that quota. The pay isn’t worth it the stress.

-they talk about good teamwork csoki culture, but the people were just not that. At all.
May 18, 2020
Feedback is always helpful and we thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Your experience in that situation is not representative of the typical employee experience. Our goal is to equip leaders and sales consultants with the tools they need to succeed.
Commission based
Only beneficial if you are capable of swindling customers into a direction they would not go on their own or if you can handle a huge fluctuation in.your pay from month to month.
May 18, 2020
Feedback is always helpful and we thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Our highest priority is to be sincere and honest in our interactions with our clients. Your experience in that situation is not representative of the typical employee experience.
Great company!
Love my job here! We draft our own schedule and have the option to post shifts, meaning you can work as much or as little as you like! Obviously if you work little you make little..
May 18, 2020
Thank you for sharing your experience! We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review!
Started off ok but has become a nightmare
This company started really good. Everyone was making tons of money but it has just gone way down hill. I wrote down some pros and cons I have for this company.
PROS

1. If you are willing to trick customers or push ethical boundaries you can make a lot here.

2. You get split between numerous stores so if you like traveling around this can be a plus.

CONS

1. . You get charged out for glitches in the computer system often having to pay the entire cost of the phone. There is no willingness in the company to help you fix the situation. So on many iPhones and Samsungs that is over a thousand dollars. They also charge the reps out for any accessories that go missing at the end of the month.

2. They blatantly lie to you during the interview. They claim you won't be forced to make calls. In fact you are forced to make regular calls even expected to be available on your days off. Although usually they are old customers and are not "cold" calls

3. During the cornavirus outbreak they got themselves made essential and forced people to work ignoring people who where worried about their health causing numerous people to quit.

4. Every three months or so they change the commission structure so that you make less and less money. Reps are making considerably less than they did only a few years ago.

5. There is no managers instead they call themselves "leadership" which basically means that they have all the power of a manger and can write you up, fire you, send you home give you tasks. The only thing they don't do is deal with customer issues. You are expected to be the "manager"
 - more...
May 1, 2020
Feedback is always helpful and we thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Our highest priority is to be sincere and honest in our interactions with our clients and employees.
Don't do it
I worked here for 2.5 years and was miserable the entire time. The only person who ever helped me was my direct supervisor. The majority of the sales supervisors came in and were high or drunk, along with several reps. Upper management didn't care because they were all friends. Your job requirements can literally change day to day. You can be fired for stupid things while others can keep their jobs just because of who they're friends with. The company as a whole is great but they have some serious corruption in the Sales department.
May 1, 2020
Thank you for taking time to share your experience with us. Your experience in that situation is not representative of the typical employee experience.
I love my job.
Schedule to help you deal with things in your life. My experience here was wonderful, hopefully I am able to transfer to a location in Texas to further my career.
May 1, 2020
Thank you for taking time to leave a review and share your experience with us!
So many changes
There are so many changes its hard to keep up. The real kicker is how much the changes effect your pay check. Its full commission. The company is also very unorganized and misogynistic. However no other retail sales job pays the same.
April 24, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.
Opportunity to learn new skills
Can be a career with the right people mentoring you. This job is more so for people that are looking for good money and don’t have a family to look after
April 20, 2020
Thank you for reaching out to share your experience with us.
True life changing opportunity.
I have seen many people start at Cellular Sales over 5 years. Its incredible to see how those that buy-in and follow the process have really increased their quality of life. When our area was young there were a bunch of beat up cars barely making it to work now the lot is full of Cadillacs, Audis, and other brand new cars. Some areas definitely have it easier, but at the end of the day I've seen people from almost every type of community make 6 figures.

There is a belief among those that are not successful that the people at the top lie and cheat to get there. I'm sure there are some, as any sales organizations come across, but the overwhelming majority of successful people do right by customers and are overall good people. You can't be successful here over the long term by lying and cheating.

If you are competitive, this job is for you. If you are money drive, this job is for you. If you have a reason bigger than yourself to want to be successful, this job is for you.
Pros
Very close culture, Life changing commission opportunity, Highest pay by far in the industry, Autonomous for those that are meeting standards, Support and training for those that need it, Many ways to be successful, You're selling the best product in the business
Cons
You have to be all in to really succeed, as with any commissioned sales position you can catch slow days.
April 20, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are grateful for your feedback and insights! It's teammates like you who help our culture thrive!
A True Let Down
Unfortunately Cellular Sales is a lot of talk with not a lot of follow up. Have you ever heard the term under promise and over deliver? Yeah, they exemplify the opposite. I poured my heart and soul into this company to find they were not willing to invest back. Moving up means more responsibility with little compensation or support from upper management. You will be guilted into working long hours, you will be asked to sell unethically and the boundaries of work life/personal life will begin to blur. The positive things I will say are the bond you will build with your coworkers is like none other, and you will be compensated very well for doing very little. When I started at CSOKI I had high hopes, but year after year I was let down and I'm glad I got out when I did.
April 20, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are grateful for the time you spent with us and wish you the best!
Do not work here xx
The company is very unorganized. They say that you can make your own schedule but that all depends on how you did the previous month. The job is full commission so you have to work a lot of hours to get the amount of money that you want to make If you don’t meet tour goals they are quick to down you instead of giving you the proper trainings to make sure you succeed
Cons
Travel for training with out gas miles being provided
March 25, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.
An incredible opportunity
It seems to be less and less common to find a career that gives you the opportunity to earn a life changing amount of money, achieve personal and professional development, and work in a positive environment.

Cellular Sales does that and more. During my time at Cellular Sales I have experienced a consistently high paycheck, incredible culture, and a chance to move up through the company.

Cellular Sales provides you with all the tools you need to be successful. The management is helpful and encouraging. The commission structure is designed to help you earn money while doing the right thing by the customer. The companies core values align with everything you would want in a workplace. If you are positive and work hard, this company will change your life.
March 25, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for Cellular Sales. We are grateful for your feedback and insights! It's teammates like you who help our culture thrive!
Decent
A lot of flexibility if you have unexpected emergencies, school, and kids. You learn how to manage all sorts of different people. Best part is they do team events for the Teams that meet an incentive made by the RD’s and once you elevate in the company they have special events only a those who have elevated up can go to.
March 25, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We are grateful for your feedback and insights!
Dont do it
Out of all the jobs I have had in my life time this company is the worst. No support , all commission but you share it with everyone on the sales floor. If you mad one customer mad for charging them a fee to transfer data you get fired for it , NO coaching, the biggest turn over ration I've seen in my life time. they pay you from a draw that comes out your commission. charge backs goes back 6 months. they keep your money when they let you go. They fire at will. The training terrible. You dont work at just one store , they move you all over the place. They have their own groups of people they group up with and talk behind people back instead of helping them become better. They expect you to work for free. They abuse new hires and make them do all the inventory yet we are paid in commission.. I left a great company to come work with them and regret it. stay far away from this company, dont even go there to buy your phones.
March 25, 2020
Feedback is always helpful and we thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Your experience is not representative of the typical employee experience.
Commission only
The shareing if sales with everyone in the store makes it hard to hit tour numbers. Also the business model is dying with more and more people buying phones online.
March 25, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate your feedback and insights!
Not as it seems
You will NOT make as much money as they say you will in the interview. The commission and share structure is not the best, you're expected to be at 7 am meetings regularly, and to be dishonest with customers. I ultimately was not successful here because I would not lie to customers (tell them their phone was broken and they needed a new one when it was a simple fix) or convince old people to get a smart phone when they didn't want anything more than a flip phone. I also didn't like being forced to convince iPhone users to buy Android (LG) because it makes more money. I think people should get what they want when they purchase a $800-$1000 phone!

This is also not a good environment for women. Sexism and harassment are a real issue. The entire East TN Market is ran like a fraternity house. Overall, the interview process makes this place look 1000% better than it is.
Best Company EVER!!!
This was an amazing place to work! You literally get what you put into it!! If you put in the time and work hard your pay will directly reflect that. Good people and amazing support. Many opportunities to advance such as floor lead, store leads, show teams!!
Pros
Amazing people!!!
Cons
None!!
Stay away if possible
As a Sales Rep for Cellular Sales of CT, your day will consist of the following: Arriving to a store to find it unkempt by some of your peers, being forced to turn away business because the company is only interested in stocking devices that make them the most money, despite what the demand may be. Painfully slow and outdated systems, forced unpaid training's that have you driving anywhere from NY to CT (even though they don't call it "unpaid" since you can log hours for it that go against your commission payout), having to deal with upset customers due to co-workers that are dishonest, etc.

Schedules are picked by Sales Reps every month in a draft style order which can be cool, BUT management likes to hold draft privileges and rankings over your head as they do not appear to have any other methods of motivation. Draft meetings are also held at 6:30 or 7:00 AM in one location, which can be exhausting.

ZERO PTO- This organization does not offer paid time off for vacations or due to illness.

Would only suggest employment with this company if you are a strong closer, have VERY open availability, and enjoy driving, as store locations are spread throughout the state and working in one location is impossible.

This company DOES pay well for top performers, its a fairly laid back atmosphere, almost to a fault.
March 11, 2020
Please make sure to share your concerns with your local leadership team so they can address them accordingly.
Fun co workers
It is a great working environment. The scheduling is not the best however it feels great to compete on the sales floor with other motivated individuals.
March 11, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and share your experience with us!
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cellular Sales. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP20%
In the Top 20% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Cellular Sales.