Cellular Sales Employee Reviews

Featured review
Cellular Sales selected this as a representative review
Amazing culture, and even better leadership
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TNJanuary 5, 2018
Like most of you I have been searching for not only a job but a career. I have sure found it with Cellular Sales. The culture here is unlike any other I have been apart of. It is a highly competitive, fun, get after it type of workplace with AMAZING leadership!! The hiring process is wonderful. From the first time a recruiter speaks with you, to the first time you sit down for an interview. You are welcomed and feel like you belong. I can not say enough about this company and how it continues to grow. If you are looking to make money and have a good time doing it, this is the position for you. The expectations are set as soon as you talk anyone with the company. So there are no excuses to not know what you are getting yourself into. I encourage all hardworking, positive spirited people to look into a career at cellular sales !!!!!
Pros
Big money
Cons
Short breaks
Not worth the time
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Buford, GAJune 23, 2019
I was told one thing when I was applying then had a totally different job once I was employed. I was always available and wanted to work because the pay was so low that I had to to make ends meet.
Good Culture
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 21, 2019
Good Culture. Possible to make as much money as you want in a competitive environment. My experience with management here was great. Turnover rate is above average with employees.
Not at all what you're told during the interview
Sales representative (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJune 21, 2019
While this was a commission based job there was an hourly rate of 10.50 that came out of your total sales for the month. During the hiring process you are told that if you show up for your shift you'll make $50,000 a year with no problem but this is not the case. You will work crazy hours more on a rotating schedule and rotating locations that make it very hard to establish a strong client base for return sales. There are no "managers" in the store which results in no leadership or liability. Employee's also have a choice in the clients they choose to work with while the sales made during a shift are partially split with everyone working. Some employees are allowed to leave the store for extended periods of time or just go home if they don't feel like working their shift depending on their length of employment with the company.
Company got worse over time
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 19, 2019
It was good until everything started to change. They made us have assigned stores and in my case it was an hour away. Still held to standards even if it was the least profitable store. Had mandatory work meetings if we didn't meet standards as a store, which meant traveling an hour for an hour meeting that we didn't get paid for unless we wanted it to go against our commission.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
No paid vacation, poor management
Great Company with Minor Downsides
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GaJune 19, 2019
Love day to day interactions with other associates & customers. Only issue is why can’t we dress in business casual? I am even better when I am comfortable. I get wanting to look professional, but a button down and tie is stuffy and you get the same respect in a polo and khakis. The rest of the business model is good, you work hard and you earn a fair wage, if you’re lazy you won’t make it.
Celebrating Cellular Sales!!! Great Company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 19, 2019
My time at Cellular Sales was a very enjoyable experience. I really learned a lot of information and the leadership skills I took from this experience were great! There was always a mentor/manager around whenever I had questions. I was recruited by a member from the Illinois Market Recruiting team and left my job at Busy Buy for CS. Unfortunately I had to move due to personal reasons and could no longer stay with the company, however, I highly recommend, I was there for a little over a year!!! Very nice people and you make great connections. 10/10. Go North Team!!
Job description is misleading
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  SavannahJune 18, 2019
This job is not a family person’s job. Nor is this job a career. You must travel to different locations each day. They say they take into consideration where you live... which is not true (be prepared to drive 1-2 hours from home). You are commission based, but share with your co-workers on shift. You have draw checks which come out of your commissions on top of that. You must be shady to customers in order to be truly successful. Your off days will vary from week to week. No consistency in scheduling. This is a NO-LOSS company, if something goes missing you are charged for it. They do NOT take responsibility for missing inventory. Overall this should not be a career choice.
Overall Good Company
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXJune 17, 2019
CSOKI is a commission based sales job where if you are able to sell the product you can thrive and make more money than anywhere else without holding a degree. If you are either not a great salesperson or unable to adopt the morally gray mindset of a salesperson like myself, you will find yourself struggling to make ends meet. For most, this is a job not a career however, if you put in the time and effort you CAN make CSOKI a very lucrative career.
Pros
High commission rates. Plenty of down time.
Cons
Your a salesperson.
Great job if management likes you
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYJune 13, 2019
You could get away with murder on the job if the area sales manager likes you, but if he’s indifferent or less, don’t expect to be employed for long. high turnover rate in my market.
June 17, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and feedback with us. We appreciate the time you spent with us and wish you the best.

Great place to work for some people
Cellular Consultant (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COJune 10, 2019
It wasn't right for me and I will leave it at that. If your only concern is making money it will be perfect for you! I value my customers and did not like how things were done.
Pros
Comission
Cons
You decide
June 17, 2019

I refuse to lie for sales
Sales Associate for Verizon (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCJune 10, 2019
Nasty co-workers, you have to share your commission with everyone that works there. If someone comes and and steals from the store, guess what? It comes out of EVERYONE'S paycheck that worked that day!!!!! Commission is not fair and double taxed. New manager threatened my job when I was being coached to lie, go back into people's accounts and add little things for profit on our side, sorry but NO!
Great place to learn to become a professional salesperson
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 3, 2019
I started at CSOKI after leaving my previous employer where I was a store manager. 5 years later I learned so much from this company about being a better person and professional. This company taught me the skills that opened up another opportunity for me that I would have never been looked at for without the skills I developed here. Great environment, ethics and effort are big foundations of what they do. Thanks for everything CSOKI!!
Pros
Great Money, Learn professional selling skills, Flexible Schedule
Cons
Can't think of any
June 5, 2019

We are excited to see read how the Cellular Sales community has impacted you! Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Good job to learn sales, poor managment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEJune 2, 2019
Worked there for a few years, money can be good management is a joke, constantly changing tier structures threatening to fire you if you don't hit it. Good way to get started in sales and gain experience however not a long term gig.
June 4, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

Good if You're Mentally Stuck in High School
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 1, 2019
A lot of cliques. Constant drama that just appears out of nowhere. Personally, I didn't experience much drama directed at me but it still managed to be all around. Sales goals are somewhat over the top due to Verizon increasing online sales incentives. Expect some very dead days where they will expect you to call people who absolutely don't want to be called. Also expect hundreds of basic tech questions and bill pays.
Benefits
Cons
Drama
June 4, 2019

Thank you for reaching out to share your experience with us.

Fun but stressful
Wireless Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Seaside, CAMay 30, 2019
Most stressful job I ever had. Lots of drug usage to keep up with the long hours and only commission based pay. The managers often would blame team for their own issues
Good experience
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 25, 2019
Company is great in alot of ways. The culture drive the business. People have every oppurtunity to make money.
Some old school policies are out of date like, no facial hair and wearing ties and suits. Iv sold phones for 5 years and it's weird for customers when we look like high end executives selling phones... lol
Company had high turn over because the is little training once employees get out of training class so reps have little direction daily and no pressure to produce.
Pay is at a Draw, but don't let that scare you off. If you trust the process and work hard it doesn't matter. I made on average 4-6k monthly.
Pros
Uncapped pay, flexibility, no micromanagement
Cons
Time off its very hard to get, draw pay, dress code is over the top, higher ups are a bit to self obsorbed
May 28, 2019

Like you, many of our sales professionals enjoy our pay structure with uncapped commissions and flexibility.

do not trust this company
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCMay 22, 2019
Items are constantly stolen,you must pay for them out of your pocket. No paid time off,No sick days. employees will screw you over to get ahead examples like expiring your password so you cannot log in while they get the sale. no rules , just get on peoples good side. THIS JOB DOES NOT PAY YOU HOURLY your hourly takes away from your commission. no customers walk in you get no money. pyramid scheme get other people to join and get a 100 dollar gift card execpt you wont get one. since everyone is against each other the people are usually divided into race groups and fire at one another.
Pros
nothing
Cons
if you get paid, you wont know when and it will always be low
June 4, 2019

Our highest priority is to be sincere and honest in our interactions with our clients and employees. Your experience in that situation is not representative of the typical employee experience.

Great company if you don't care about your personal life
National Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXMay 21, 2019
The money is the primary motivator for someone to apply here. Crazy great commission structure. Depending on your market, top earners could easily clear over 6 figures a year. This job rewards it's top performers and gives out awards for those who do well, they are very generous.

There is a ton of driving around required. If you are a bottom barrel performer, the culture will gobble you up alive. The company doesn't respect your time and expects you to give up everything for the company. It is unlikely you will be able to advance without moving to a different market and even then, 'management' in the company is all over the place. Managers are known as 'Team Leads' here and are glorified sales reps as they are still required to sell. The only true management positions are held by GMs and RDs and getting on that position will not happen to a normal rep. The company does encourage internal promotions, but it's largely smoke and mirrors and requires you be cool moving to a different market. But the money is great, so you probably won't care or at least you shouldn't care because promotions are a rarity, at least from what I saw.

Although the company is ran by smart people, the company is ran like a machine and spits out bad performers every month, so turnover is naturally high. There's also no safeguards for reps should an accident ever occur outside work, better make sure you have a big piggy bank for emergencies because the company does not cover that.
Pros
Great money
Cons
No personal life, no work/life balance, no health benefits worth mentioning, if you get into an accident you're on your own.
May 28, 2019

Feedback is always helpful and we thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Please make sure to share your concerns with your local leadership team so they can address them accordingly.

Fun and Energetic Work Environment
Leadership Team Member (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 21, 2019
CellularSales is a company with a history of growth. They are the highest paying retailer in the industry. The company is structured with very little management so you are in charge of your own success! You also get to see the financial reward of your hard work!
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
No paid time off
May 28, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are grateful for your feedback and insights! It's teammates like you who help our culture thrive!

Workplace culture was unprofessional
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 16, 2019
Workplace culture was unprofessional, especially directed towards females. I was told to stop wearing skirts because it was a distraction to my male coworkers, however I was following the dress code in the manual, which specified that only pants and skirts were permitted. Unfair performance based store placements, which was a disadvantage to people at slower stores. Job is 100% commission-based, so in some cases some coworkers actually came out of the job owing money. This is also including charge backs being taken directly from your next paycheck if a customer returns a product you sold them even if the product was defective by manufacturer. Imagine the whole price of a phone being taken from your paycheck...
Pros
ability to make money
Cons
unreliable pay
May 20, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Feedback is always helpful.

Our goal is to equip our sales representatives with the tools they need to succeed. Since our sales representatives are commission employees they should not rely strictly on store walk in traffic. We have many tools accessible to them to help increase their productivity rather than just waiting on customers to come into a slower store.

Our dress code is business professional which does include skirts as long as they are at a reasonable length to be professional and not distracting to your professional appearance. Your experience as described is not representative of the typical employee experience.

We appreciate the time you spent with us and wish you the best.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cellular Sales. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight