CELTIC HEALTHCARE Employee Reviews

Worked there
Desktop support, remote software, System Mirrorin (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAFebruary 23, 2018
They changed EMRs and platform in 3 months, it was a nightmare. Then they merged with 4 more companies. :( Worked there for almost 2 years. Yeah..
Cons
yep
great experience
VP Controller (Current Employee) –  Maryland, ILJanuary 26, 2018
Great Experience working in Healthcare for a publically traded company. Company is a Home Health and Hospice provider in western PA, Michigan and Illinois.
Great Company !
Quality Improvement Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mars, PADecember 6, 2017
I have been with Celtic for less than a year and so far it has been one of the best places of employment I’ve had in my career. Supervisors / managers are very supportive and allow for staff input. Leadership displays a true priority for providing excellent care. Work/ life balance is optimal.
Pros
Work from home
Love it!
Transitional Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PADecember 1, 2017
I've been with Celtic for a short time but it has been a WONDERFUL experience! The company is solid, they are caring, welcoming, and truly appreciative and good to their employees. They truly understand that happy employees means happy patients and those who partner with us to provide care to patients. I've worked in the home health and hospice industry for a long time and Celtic has always had a great reputation. So good that I referred my own family and friends to Celtic...while I was working for a different agency.
The care is great, the employees are wonderful! I've already suggested that two of my friends apply. :-)
Pros
Flexibility, support, fun environment
Great place to be!
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Shiloh, ILDecember 1, 2017
I truly enjoy my job day to day. Great work/life balance! I have a great boss. I can easily communicate with her about things I need and if issues that may come about. Recommend working here!
Pros
Work/life balance
Cons
Lack of support for furthering your degree
I enjoyed my job everyday
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mars, PANovember 30, 2017
Very disappointed to be terminated after 7 years of service with the company due to company reconstruction. I would have like to be considered or offered another position with the company due to my work ethic. None was offered.
Pros
Enjoyed working and assiting all employees especially the staff members I reported under
Cons
Company does not value long time employees with great work ethic
Wonderful company to work for
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Mars, PANovember 29, 2017
I started with Celtic Healthcare almost a year and a half ago. I can honestly say my experience has been wonderful. My manager has been supportive and understanding. Our department works together as a team, and everyone is willing to help each other out. Its great to work for a company that cares about their employees.
Pros
challenging work environment, supportive supervisor, work/life balance
Great Company!
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Selinsgrove, PANovember 29, 2017
I worked at Celtic for about 3 and a half years and really enjoyed my time there. I left due to my husband getting a new job on the west coast that was too good to pass up, but if I stayed in the area, I would have retired there. Great staff, challenging environment and and excellent bonus structure. I don't understand any of the negative reviews, I really loved it!
Rewarding Career
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Mars, PANovember 29, 2017
It is an honor to recruit and hire all clinical and non-clinical staff to support patients in the community when they are at their most vulnerable.
The leadership team and all levels of management are engaged and care about the development of every new hire with Celtic Healthcare! It is a wonderful organization to be a part of day in and day out!
Pros
Excellent technology, great manager, casual Fridays
Exciting Career in a Growing Industry
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Mars, PANovember 29, 2017
The most enjoyable part of my job is the people. I love coming to work everyday and believing in what we do and knowing that we are making a positive impact. There are countless opportunities to grow and learn. Management is always accessible and that attitude stems from the top down. It is an exciting industry that is growing and changing. Everyone is so friendly and it is such an inviting environment.
Pros
Flexibility, Access to Management, Exciting Atmosphere
Celtic is like a family
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Williamsport, PANovember 29, 2017
Celtic creates an environment of family and team work. The managers are very helpful and always available and always have their employee's best interest foremost. They hold their staff to the high standards of Celtic and the end goal is for the benefit and highest of level of care to our patients.
When an employee comes on a job site and writes a bad review of this company it is normally because they did not meet those standards and were let go due to this company always putting patients first and that standard not being met.
They strive to work with employee's that need extra help and guidance.
Pros
Support from all parts of the company from the co workers, managers, top management and owners.
Feel used
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PANovember 21, 2017
The hours they expect you to work as a full time is nonsense. When you break it down hourly you get pay a lot less then agreed upon. As fulltime you work 49hrs a week average but only get pay for 36 hours.
They complain about things that they constantly do themself. Managment and supervisor are mainly fake. The management act like they care about the field staff but they really do not.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Everything else
Excellent support from management
Quality Improvement/UR Reviewer/Coding Specialist (Former Employee) –  Marion, ILNovember 3, 2017
Ability to work from home in the Quality Improvement role with excellent support from management; Organization constantly growing due to new acquisitions
Pros
Excellent manager; Family life important to organization
Disrespectful and demeaning
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAOctober 31, 2017
This company was bought by a larger corporation and since that time things have worsened. You work long hours to get done all of the things expected of you and you are held responsible for patient outcomes beyond your control. When you calculate your hourly rate and all of the time you give to this company, you are actually working for peanuts. You find yourself completing tasks and making phone calls well into the evening to the point where you have no work/life balance. Now they subtract 30 miles each day from an already below average mileage reimbursement simply because they can legally take that away from employees and save money. Management is the worst I have seen in my entire career. You do not get responses from your management team unless it is an issue that is important to them. Otherwise you ask and ask and ask until finally you move up the ladder and find someone who will eventually answer. When I left my job with Celtic I felt very used and unappreciated. I would not recommend working for this company at all.
Excellent working environment
Med/Surg Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Mars, PAOctober 11, 2017
Excellent employer. Employee recognition with great support from supervisory staff. Current mergers/acquisitions. Wonderful management team. Education reimbursement programs.
Great overall place to work
CNA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAJuly 27, 2017
I loved working for Celtic. I only left and went to Claremont due to I was going back to school for my LPN and they had a position that I could still work FT and also go to school FT. I had worked in hospice for so many years that I had a very hard time adjusting to the fast paced environment. It just wasn't for me and I was very unhappy. I would love to get back into hospice.
Pros
Great everything
Cons
Not really any cons
Seems good until you actually start working there.
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAJuly 13, 2017
Poor management, very demeaning and acted like they did nothing wrong, especially recruiting manager. Completely different person than you interviewed or phone screened with. And showed little appreciate for the recruiting departments time and resources. Pointed out every little thing I did wrong, very rarely noticed all the positive things like orientations going from 2-3 people to 8-9 after 4 months there. Nothing is appreciated, just torn apart. Was fired because of being too honest and they used that against me. I honestly think no one in the organization is trustworthy so be carerful who you talk to beyond work subjects.
Pros
Working from home sometimes, laptop/cell phone, fast paced and challenging
Cons
Management is a joke. Empty promises. Not trustworthy coworkers.
Loved it!
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAMay 10, 2017
More like a family... I will definitely miss them all. Great company to work for. So many supportive people and they are always willing to help. You will not be disappointed.
5 Star Agency
VP Sales & Marketing (Former Employee) –  NationalMay 7, 2017
Wish i had not left the organization. Relocated to a state which Celtic did not hold assets.
While at Celtic I was engaged and motivated by patient programs, EMR, CRM, quality care and respect for staff and patients. A wonderful place to have a long term career.
Pros
Awesome place to work
Cons
none to mention.
Horrible Company to work for
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PAMarch 29, 2017
Management is horrible. Unprofessional, no follow-through from directors. Empty promises. Required to work often 100+ hours a week on a salary with no additional compensation. Communication within this company is really bad. Management is verbally abusive, lazy, lies often and prefers to delegate all workload to subordinates. I would not recommend my worst enemy to work with Celtic.
Pros
no pros
Cons
you will spend all of your time 24/7 working, very bad management, lack of compassion, pushes census and not appropriate care, did I say management was really bad?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CELTIC HEALTHCARE. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
1.9

1.6Personal Development

1.2Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight