Cemex Employee Reviews

Found 386 reviews matching the search See all 1,282 reviews
Overall negative work environment. No concern for personal well being or family life
Mixer Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAApril 10, 2019
If I wasn’t union I would’ve never worked for Cemex because their conditions wouldn’t make it worth a professional drivers time and efforts with little reward and huge expectations
Pros
Good money when overtime is available and good union benefits, not company benefits
Cons
No set hours or guarantee of hours of any sort or kind
Horrible mngt.
Welder/Millwright (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLApril 10, 2019
Cemex was the biggest mistake I ever made. Only could trust couple of employees. Safety and Naples foreman follow u everywhere hoping too catch u in the wrong to advance there own careers. Stay away at all costs.!!!!
Pros
Vehicle
Cons
Everything.
Awful company.
Ready Mix Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLApril 8, 2019
This isn't the only place to get a job. They take your money and your time. Keep looking for a job, this place is not worth it. Its a boys club run by people that wont tolerate your honesty. Feel free to find out for yourself but after a short time you will see it for yourself. The plant manager will lie right to your face.
Pros
Cons
Lies. To your face everyday.
One sided work place
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Center Hill, FLApril 3, 2019
Hate the place it's a buddy system place and if you ain't one of the buddies you get crapped on.just a bad place to work it's all for them and the nothing with the workers
Productive and fun workplace
Concrete/Slurry Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMarch 18, 2019
If you do your Job, you won't have any problems! It's best to have some experience in this field. If your not sure about something, don't be afraid to ask one of the veteran drivers!
Cement
Strategic Sourcing Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 13, 2019
A cement is a binder, a substance used for construction that sets, hardens, and adheres to other materials to bind them together. Cement mixed with fine aggregate produces mortar for masonry, or with sand and gravel, produces concrete.
N/a
Ready Mix Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Davenport, FLFebruary 13, 2019
Reason for leaving was do to insurance on the ready mix side wasn’t very good and the pay wasn’t very well. Home life was ok. Work schedules you didn’t have a regular start time nor finish time.
Great and Safe place to work for.
Heavy Equipment Operator/Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Azusa, CAFebruary 12, 2019
Communication and team work was great. the environment was safe and we looked after each other safely. Took all issues very seriously to make sure we kept things running.
Pros
Management took care of the employees
Cons
No work during raining days
Great company driven bad by managements greed
Mixer driver (Current Employee) –  Escondido, CAJanuary 13, 2019
Like all leaders their judgement is clouded by their ambitions. This is typical management especially in any corporation. I love CEMEX it's a great company however the management ruins everything and this is why CALIFORNIA as a whole is now going UNION. This is what happens when you have bad leadership. Bad leadership only cares about themselves and their bonuses this costs drivers money directly out of drivers pockets and management could care less
Pros
Great job and company
Cons
Horrendous management many bad decision that affect the drivers pocket
No job security, Here one day and gone the next, Constantly recycled
Driver (Former Employee) –  Riverview, FLJanuary 9, 2019
Long story short. Not worth the headache. You give everything a company can ask for from its employee yet it doesn't count for anything when it is all said and done. I was never late, never complained, and made one mistake. Not a damaging or recklace one, just an honest one. I took full responsibility and guarenteed it wouldnt happen again. Didnt matter. Even with all of the support of my co workers and supervisor I was cut loose. Not fair or even reasonable. If your looking for a company worth investing all your time and energy into, this clearly isn't it. Do your family and bills a solid and keep looking.
Pros
Amazing co workers
Cons
Extremely poor management and principles, no job security, no support from the company, Set up to fail with unfair practices
Steady work
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 6, 2019
Sold Ready Mixed concrete to contractors and managed accounts as needed for collections and profitability acceleration. Provided customers with value added opportunities to boost their profits
Challenging and exciting and learned alot.
Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Moorpark, CAJanuary 1, 2019
Daily buisness opperstions are intense to keep up with production. Understaffed and funded yet thid crew still manages to handld any obstacle safley and quickly. I learned and developed so much even in thd short time i was there.
Pros
Tight family crew and superiors, safe
Cons
Low pay for the difficulty of job
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 30, 2018
This company is great as a beginner. I had several opportunities to travel. Difficult to promote to a driver - as my desires. I would recommend HR IS GREAT
Loved working there
parts coordinator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 28, 2018
I would definitely go back if I had the opportunity
I loved everything about my job but unfortunately I moved and the travel time back and forth got to me
Excelente
INFORMATION COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  BogotaDecember 27, 2018
Excelente ambiente laboral, bueno proyectos tecnológicos y apoyo de gerencia.
not so great.
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Wadsworth, NVDecember 26, 2018
they talk safety, non tabacco work place unless your the the boss. Equipment is in good working order. You help out were needed, change screens, etc. nothing hard.
Pros
i'm thinking
Cons
no breaks, a lot of back stabing
Unethical and Immoral Practices
Manager (Former Employee) –  TEXASDecember 23, 2018
You are working for a company that is operated on outdated principles and still promotes based on company ties instead of knowledge base.
There work mentality promotes unsafe behavior and rewards the same.
Upper management has no problem violating Federal Laws to save a dollar.
Pros
Pay, Co-Workers
Cons
Hostile relationship between management.
Fun work place
Front End Loader Operator (Former Employee) –  Hockley, TXDecember 16, 2018
Very professional and outstanding company. I would definitely go back to work for them if they'd take me back. Wish I kind of never left. Not much advancement opportunities unless going back to school which working 70+ hours a week is impossible
road construction
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZNovember 26, 2018
manager talk safety but when doing work would push workers to take short cuts, work with unsafe equipment, bosses didn't communicat well, and then yelled whenever they didn't like something or before asking.
Pros
good pay
Cons
por management, very stressful, not appreciated, too much back stabbing
Long days with a immature manager
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CANovember 20, 2018
The customer service manager is very immature, rude, demeaning and sexist. He has hissy fits that rivals a teenager not getting their way. The way he interacts with his favorite or "mother" as he calls her, is just too much. If you kiss his butt though you'll do just fine.
Pros
Pay and over time
Cons
The manager is horrible.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cemex. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Ratings from women

1.8InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

1.5Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight