Cemex Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
Cultura de trabajo eficiente
Supervisor de bodega (Former Employee) –  SonoraMay 11, 2018
El ambiente laboral nunca fue pesado, todos siempre nos tratamos con respeto, y cooperábamos para sacar el trabajo a delante
Cemex is a large corporation
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  El Dorado Hills, CAMay 8, 2018
Cemex is a world wide corporation and one of the top three in it's industry. They are forward thinking and very safety focused. They are very diverse in their operation which leads to their success. They provide good training for those looking to getting into Management.
Focused on results, impatient.
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Shafter, CAApril 26, 2018
It is a corporate culture that is focused on targets and not so much on the employees. The focus on targets was so intense that it seemed that we did not give the plans a chance to develop. More patience was necessary to get results.
Cemex
Team Leader (Manager) (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCApril 23, 2018
At this place my job was to stack cement into a huge block. There I performed other duties such as weed eating, sweeping, electric chainsawing bushes, trees and other woods, pulling weeds from the ground. From: May 2013 to June 2013
Cemax
Corporate Credit Manger (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 11, 2018
There was never a typical day at Cemex. Cemax is the largest distributer of cement in the U.S.. They supply cement from coast to coast.
One of the most difficult parts of working there was the language spoken with Cemax being a Mexican owned company. The workplace had a different culture.
I was the corporate credit manager with branch managers on all coasts. This allowed my to travel about 80% of the time which I enjoyed.
Cemex experience
Commercial Account Representative (Current Employee) –  DominicanaApril 7, 2018
When you say you are going to work at CEMEX you must prepare yourself to do so because from my point of view the company challenge every employee to be better in all the way and no matter what they would be right by your side to make it happend.

I consider that CEMEX has a good workplace culture, good benefits and salaries, and lots of other good things.

I really appreciate how CEMEX care about their employees.
Pros
Good place to work, benefits, Regularly promotions
Cons
Stressfull work enviroment
Truck Driver
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 25, 2018
I was a truck deliver for seam it to construction sites in Miami. The job did cause me to be to work at various times of the day and sometimes to work overnight. Most of the shifts I worked where 10 hour or more shifts.
Credit
Credit Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 14, 2018
I enjoyed my job and everything it included, just no advancement within the company. Seem to always hire outside instead of helping those within grow and learn new departments.
Pros
Great benefits, time off and overall company made you feel like you mattered
Cons
Advancement there is none, always hire outside instead of promoting within
It was a male domiant culture
Customer Service/Dispatch (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 7, 2018
It was a very male dominant world. You got no breaks or lunch at all.
I enjoyed the work but did not feel like I was ever fully a team member. It is very important to be a member of the team.
a job
Batch Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 6, 2018
a job that paid well because of union benefits, the equipment was pretty well taken care of. No complaints about the people i worked with. Management did not believe in the employees
Pros
Union
Cons
management
Communication Barriers and poor management
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 2, 2018
All meetings in Spanish or very broken english. Not invited into technical meetings that were necessary to carry on duties. Supervisor's English was very poor and communication and orders were constantly misinterpreted. Ideas were constantly (stolen) by supervisor and no credit given. Upper management does NOT manage their people professionally and they rely on poor supervisors that cannot speak correct English. Project handled by project managers that do not know anything about the project and therefore money is easily approved by them when requested. Poorly run company.
Pros
They like to spend a lot of company money on food and drinks.
Cons
Unnecessary Travel meetings that can be handled via technology.
was a great company
Equipment and Truck Mechanic and Diesel Engine (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GAFebruary 19, 2018
I started when it was Florida mining and materials. then theygot bought out by south down,then Cemex bought them out. All was good until they bought out rinkor they kept all the managment of rinkor and the company went down hill!
Pros
they left when rincor came on board
Cons
many bad changes for employees
this is useless for a self employed consultant
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Nuevo LeónJanuary 27, 2018
long hours little recognition low pay dangerous location interesting work however global view good contacts onerous travel thru Houston with little time to change planes
Great place to work with opportunities of learning and advancement with great benefits. Pay is descent.
Quarry Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Brooksville, FLJanuary 21, 2018
I have been with Cemex 3 years now and although I usually make close to double the money in my field as a welder elsewhere I have considered that I am no longer traveling or on temporary jobs which for me makes it worth the sacrifices. I see many opportunities for growth in this company. I have learned a lot through this company and safety is really so much a priority we only work 50% of the time spent there. The other 50% is spent on breaks, meetings, inspections and safety procedures.
enjoyed coworkers
operator journeyman (Former Employee) –  PHX, AZ 19aveJanuary 18, 2018
lack of experience in managment was detrimental to production. They are unable to make quality materials putting extra pressure on operators having to do three times as much work. No extra people to help created an unsafe environment and unnecessary stress and health issues for some.
Pros
safty bar- b- qs
Cons
got cheated out of a weeks vacation
They dont give you a lunch break!..What kind of mess is that. That alone should tell you.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 17, 2018
Well they constantly lose drivers..what does that say about a company. If you notice most of these reviews that are not driver related give this company a good star rating so those positions my be ok. However, being a driver for them is not that great but if you need to make money..go for it.
Pros
They will feed you and overtime is plentiful in most cases.
Cons
No work/life balance...pay scale is too low.
High pace
SENIOR CREDIT REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Jersey Village, TXJanuary 14, 2018
There was never a dull moment always something to do but lacks the ability for advancement. Great team. Company did a wonderful job with making each employee feel like a family. They actually cared.
Pros
Benefits, Compensation and exposure
Cons
Lack of communications
Dedication to safety
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 3, 2018
Cemex dedication to safety is top notch. They are constantly looking for ways to improve on the safety culture. It sometimes get a bit much but it just shows their dedication to the well being of their employees
Pros
Weekly pay
very stressful
Ready Mix Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 3, 2018
manager is a sexist and a micromanager. since I moved 2 this plant this manager has harassed me and the company does nothing about it. I loved my job until I had 2 work 4 this person.
Good team but unsteady work
Driver Trainer (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXJanuary 1, 2018
Great team of operators but management needs to upgrade. Employees work hard and have an ever changing schedule. Poor promotion and advancement opportunities.
Pros
A lof of team work and you are home every day
Cons
No advancement opportunities

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cemex. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.8InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

1.4Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight