Cenlar FSB Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Needs improvment
Director Employee Relations Liaison (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 10, 2018
This company needs a ton of help and new management in it's headquarters location. So many people are stressed out and are having a difficult time living life.
Training Facilitator II (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 5, 2018
This is the best group of people I have ever worked with. The hours are great the pay is good. It is a small employee owned company. I have been there for almost a year
Downward Spiral of late
New Loans (Current Employee) –  Ewing, NJJune 28, 2018
My employment at Cenlar started well and I was proud to say I worked for the company. Over the past 18 months or so, I have seen the company take a slow but severe turn for the worse with an ever shifting focus away from employees and work/life balance and towards "the bottom line" and cost cutting measures. This has lead to very overworked and low morale employees, employee and client dissatisfaction. Management changes in my department in particular has seen my entire department dread coming to work every day which is sad since this used to be such a great department and company to work for.
Pros
bonuses, employee stock.
Cons
New management who don't care and blow smoke, focus on only the bottom line, cost cutting measures
work hard to get noticed
Quality Assurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ewing, NJJune 21, 2018
pay is great - benefits are great- but you must be an independant learner and worker to be successfull here. Dont ever think the lovely smiles mean take your time. deadlines must be met. no excuses.
Pros
pay, benefits
Cons
hard to switch departments as internal employee
How are they still afloat?
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ewing, NJJune 19, 2018
The pay is good with yearly reviews which determines your raise. With that being said when you consider all the things you have to go through on the phone, you’ll realize you deserve every penny. Management rarely takes escalated calls although there’s always an issue. Departments that should take their own calls like taxes, insurance, foreclosure underwriters and closers, simply do not so that leaves the collections reps to explain things they have no knowledge of. Then when you try to do your best and help a home owner it goes unnoticed or you get complaints about how long your call was. Ultimately you except that no matter how many times you go (or try to go) above and beyond to fix the repeated errors, you’re just one person and you can’t undo the mistakes an entire department. Good luck with management, it’s seems if you’re a hard worker it’ll go unnoticed unless you’re a brown noser. I watched people with terrible calls and QA scores get better reviews than others just because they were close to the supervisor.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
great
Inbound/outbound call center agent (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 17, 2018
great company great pay management was flexible and friendly this is a very fast paced call center. Typical day is 100-150 calls they appreciate there employees.
A good company to work for
Default Accounting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ewing, NJJune 9, 2018
Cenlar is a good company but they grew to fast and are under staffed which puts a strain on their employees. As far as posting out for new positions they really lack in that department. You post and never receive a response or if lucky enough to get an interview it's the same thing.
Benefits
Cons
Lack of staff, ability to move or transfer within
Do not work customer service!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ewing, NJMay 26, 2018
I have been working at Cenlar full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros:
Decent building, steady pay, right off I95

Cons:
Where do I start?
Do not take a job as a customer service representative.
No work-life balance. Eight hours in a cube where you get the same half dozen type of calls.
1. "I want to pay my bill"
2. "I want to sign up for auto-pay."
3. "Why didn't you pay my tax/insurance bill?".
4. "Why did my payment go up?"
5. "I can't log into the web site"
6. "GRR! You lost my mortgage payment"

Tedious work, sprinkled with angry callers
No communication with the subcontractor companies that pay taxes or insurance bills except by email.
Company always screwing with your schedule. "we need to cut your lunch by fifteen minutes"
Wacky schedule. Sometimes they scheduled my lunch two hours before the end of my shift.
Schedule you to work on a holiday.
Sit in your cubical all day taking endless calls with little to no interaction with your co-workers. Been there for years and never have spoken to some on my team.
Bee-hive work environment
Constant call monitoring and pointing out every little mistake in the call.
You have a script that you have to follow to the letter. God forbid if you say "would" instead of "could".
And you never have a meeting with your supervisor concerning raises. You have to monitor your paychecks online at ADP.com. I checked mine and I realized I hadn't got a raise in over a year. I asked my supervisor to find out why. I was told that it was because I had missed six days in two years. They didn't have the decency to have a meeting
  more... to discuss it.
I could go on and on but I'll close with this, and it's the absolute truth;
there is a stated policy that if you forget your badge to get into the building, you have to call your supervisor to let you in. Now, here is the crazy part; we're told if we forget our badges and need to leave our cube, we need to be escorted by a supervisor anywhere in the building during the workday. Need to go to the restroom? Call your Supervisor to escort you! I AM NOT KIDDING! This is an example of the mentality with this company.
My advice to prospective job seekers: only if you need a job right away to hold you over until you find a better job. Please seek a job elsewhere.
Why do I work here, you ask? I'm a older person ready to retire and can't get a better job at my age.
Pros
Decent building, Right off I95, year-end bonus
Cons
No work-life balance. justifiable angry customers. Picky QA. Aw, forget it, too much to mention
Depends on the Department
Service Excellence Executive Resolution Analyst (Current Employee) –  Ewing, NJMay 23, 2018
The work experience at Cenlar depends largely on the department. Overall, the environment is fast-paced. Upper level management is out of touch with every day job functions and what is needed to provide the excellent customer service the company claims.
Pros
Benefits, Stock, Matching 401k
Cenlar FSB
Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Ewing, NJMay 16, 2018
Cenlar is a great place to work, if you like the opportunity to move higher within the company and gain more knowledge in the business. I truly recommend working at Cenlar to anyone who is trying to work in the mortgage/banking field
Growing
Default Loan Servicing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 5, 2018
As always, you need to go out and make opportunities happen. Put in the hard work and you can move in the direction that you want to. Always try your best.
Pros
Small company - you can make a difference
Cons
Culture of cutting costs vs. doing extra for the clients
Excellent salary great culture
QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  Township of Ewing, NJApril 28, 2018
Its just like most offices, there are expectations and deadlines. This is not for someone who isn't punctual or serious about pursuing a career here for the long term. Good people and great company.
Pros
Salary, Culture, Company benefits
Cons
Commute
Company review
Quality Control Analyst, November (Current Employee) –  Ewing, NJApril 18, 2018
Good Company to work for. Like the fact that you can move around and advance your career. This is a interesting industry and they provide a lot of opportunities for advancement and education.
Busy
Customer Interaction Representative (Current Employee) –  Tempe AzApril 17, 2018
Numbers are important. Customer satisfaction no so much.. Departments did no work together and nothing got done.. Tasks were open and never finished or closed with no explanation. Callbacks just to clear the que and create more work the following days to come..
Pros
pay
Cons
busy busy busy
Great Potential, Poor Execution
Service Leader/Call Center Director (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZApril 17, 2018
Cenlar is a fast rising company in the Mortgage Servicing area. They've grown so fast in fact, that scaling and aligning with standard call center concepts has been a struggle. Located historically in New Jersey, they've survived of basic old school call center strategies (calls per day, etc). They've slowly adopted more traditional KPI's like AHT & QA, but still don't have the basic "Schedule Adherence" metric to really drive efficiency. The management team cares and wants to do the right thing, but staffing/ramping up has been a struggle to keep up with the growth and allow for innovation. The culture has gotten much better over the past year but still has a ways to go to match more traditional call center shops. They pay more that most financial groups/competitors, and offer great benefits.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, Job Stability
Cons
Culture/Growing Pains
competitive
Senior Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ewing, NJApril 10, 2018
It was fun working for Cenlar. The company offers a very pleasant environment and its associates/employees are fun to work with. The pay is very competitive.
No accountability or responsibility
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZApril 7, 2018
I was recently hired at Cenlar and was due to start their April 2nd training class for collections. My employment was contingent on a background check and drug screening per usual. I provided all the info I could about past employers some were out of business but I still was able to provide information on those companies to verify my employment. The lady from the background company they hired was very incompetent and rude. She sent me an email basically calling me a liar saying one of the companies on my resume didn’t have record of me past or present. However being that it (my employment) was prior to 7yrs ago they destroyed the records but still had my name on a spread sheet and were able to verify I worked there. After calling them myself and clarifying that they never said they didn’t have any record of me the woman from the background check company stated that another number I gave her for an alternate employer was disconenected. So once again I went to their website (previous employer) cross referenced the numbers gave her the correct number AGAIN as well as the web address and spoke with the receptionist to verify that they indeed still had me on file. However the background company insisted the number was wrong and that i now needed to obtain W2s from the IRS to prove I worked for a company 7+ years ago. All the while I’m relating this info to the recruiter and HR and no one is really saying anything just asking me to get info before training. And then last but not least I receive a call from a woman at Cenlar who stated a charge from 2006 came up on my background  more... check and she needs to know the “disposition” so I have to call the police department and acquire some additional paperwork which I never got bcus I called the PD several times and got voicemails and endless transfers. Two weeks after receiving my offer letter Cenlar rescinded it stating I failed to get them back the requested information and that I never informed them of my progress although i have emails that state othwerwise. I informed them my area of expertise is customer service and collections not performing my own background checks and verifying my own employment and that the people who were hired to perform those tasks should be the ones carrying them out. Needless to say I was recently hired on at reputable company who hired me for my ability to perform the job I applied for not someone else’s.  less
Pros
High hourly
Cons
No accountability
Fast-paced, stressful work environment
Client Liaison Manager (Current Employee) –  Ewing, NJApril 3, 2018
Fast-paced, stressful work environment entailing an average of five-seven client conference calls daily, email inquiries and collaborative meetings with other business partners.
Productive and lots of energy
Accounting Intern (Former Employee) –  Yardley, PAMarch 27, 2018
Enjoyed working as an intern.
Commuting was excellent from that location
However, too far to travel from home residence.
Great place to work.
Nice Staff
Culture mixed and diverse.
Horrible!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Township of Ewing, NJMarch 17, 2018
Only care about numbers, not customers! Harass you to work overtime. Cut your lunch short with no notice. Try to make you stay at your seat all day by giving you cold pizza. Monitor your bathroom breaks.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cenlar FSB. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight