Cennox Employee Reviews

Nationwide Opportunities
Office (Current Employee) –  Missoula, MTOctober 18, 2018
Cennox is unique in that you have the ability to work with co-workers and clients throughout the US and in other countries. Opportunities to learn and grow, while learning new skill sets.
Bad management, toxic culture, low pay
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Missoula, MTOctober 18, 2018
This company has a gossipy, middle-school culture. There's no emphasis on professional development, you're essentially left to figure things out on your own. Due to this lack of productive development even the people who've managed to advance into leadership roles haven't developed any sort of meaningful managerial skills. Pay is abysmally low and raises are non existent.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Expensive healthcare, lack of development
Good Job and Company
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTOctober 17, 2018
I'm in the headquarters location and perform a more administrative role than most of the positions here, but the culture in the corporate office is helpful, and management is available for questions as long as you take the time to ask. The team is always working to make sure pay and time is accurate and well communicated for employees at all levels. Management is understanding of work-life balance and generally understanding of unexpected absences or commitments outside of work. I feel it is a well-intentioned company that takes care of its employees the best they can. The contributory insurance plan is a little too expensive in comparison to others I've had, but at least they provide insurance for some positions, as many companies do not.
Pros
flexible, management available for questions
Cons
insurance is a little expensive
Team players in a high volume industry
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAAugust 24, 2018
Rapidly growing company with great co-workers. The toughest part of the job was securing resources with multiple major rollout projects. Still needs some process development.
Completely Mismanaged
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Missoula, MTAugust 19, 2018
Incompetent and crass management who are completely out of touch with their employees. The company culture is toxic with management encouraging gossipy cliques. There is a constantly revolving door of disgruntled former employees. Work here and you will be underpaid and overworked, with almost no support, guidance, or training. They offer healthcare, which is great, but all the plans are prohibitively expensive considering what most entry level employees make.
Pros
Very little accountability
Cons
Low pay, poor management
Not worth the headache...
Quality Assurance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTMay 30, 2018
This job has it all: immature and incompetent management, no opportunities for pay increase or advancement, intense gossiping and "pack" mentality among employees, and of course inadequate benefits. When told of unfairness in work place, management told me that "Life is just unfair so you have to pick your battles" then when I requested time off to visit family was told that "it wouldn't be fair to all the other employees" if I got the time off. Just one of the many examples of hypocrisy and blatant favoritism available with employment at Cennox Inc.
Racist with no care of a fellow human.
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 28, 2018
Fired with out any explanations or proof of any bad conduct. When asked what did I do wrong, I was told I had a bad attitude with out notice or a specific event or action that I did. I was also out of work for a 2 months with out any work forced to get another job. They called me back as if things were different as far as racists customers, and descrepincies on a daily. We were at the will of the customer cennox said. Through it all I came back to be fired. To what I think was from complaining over those issues.
Loved my Job
Inspector (Current Employee) –  Missoula, MTMarch 26, 2018
Really liked working for this Company. People are really friendly and they work with you. Going to different companies was really exciting. As well working with TYCO
Bait and switch.
Technician (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, GANovember 7, 2017
Company has too many family ties. Too many cliques of friends working there. Bait and switch on salary pay as soon as you are hired. Three months later they switch to a piece rate model without telling you.
Pros
Constant work
Cons
Switched pay to piece rate when I was hired hourly. Bait and switch! Not cool.
Cut Throat Management top to bottom
Routing (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTAugust 21, 2017
If you work in the Missoula headquarters, be ready for many position changes as this company does rotate employees from all corners of the building. If you work as a ATM maintenance tech, be ready for your mileage to be off because the routing department only routes to the zip code, and does not consider miles driven to the actual location. The routing department works from a over-bloated Microsoft Access database and a outdated Microsoft MapPoint program that can not withstand the demands of routing that the company needs to withstand and retain good employees. Moving to professional routing software seems unlikely because the process within the company is sincerely flawed from several aspects regarding inventory, service calls, existing contracts, and new projects. Experienced service techs are relied upon heavily to pick up the slack. Route Managers are constantly stressed in meeting the goals of the company yet trying to keep their technicians happy with steady work. Get ready for plenty of pay roll adjustments and constant fluctuation in any aspect in any circumstance when working for Cennox.
Pros
Steady work.
Cons
Techs have crazy hours and bad mileage pay. Headquarters is cut-throat to performance.
Ever-changing, busy place
Employee (Current Employee) –  Missoula, MTMay 8, 2017
I am a current employee here and very much enjoy my job here! It stays busy and is ever changing, but that, to me, keeps it interesting. I've been able to meet and work with people from all over the country and enjoy getting to know them. There are a lot of different working parts to the company, and sometimes things are mis-communicated, but most everyone tries to be helpful and ensure things run smoothly.
Pros
ability to work from home, healthcare
Cons
wages are on the low end
Great for people who work independently
Technician (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAApril 20, 2017
My experience at Cennox was great for the most part. I cleaned ATM's and did inspections on the lighting. I liked the freedom of the job. I enjoyed the fact that i could work when i wanted and always got my work done by the end of the month.
It changed when I moved. The position changed from a day position to a night position doing light surveys, as the surveys were easy, The night position should be for someone who is strong and can defend themselves at night or two people to keep a eye on echother.
I learned tons of things and would work for them again if it was a daytime work and I didn't need to do the night lighting surveys.
It would be great for the service department to be open and more available to take service calls while we are out on the field.
The hardest part of the job would be staying safe, and communication with the service department. It would also be nice if when a technician calls in that the phone call is returned in a timely manner. I really liked my first manager as she was always helpful.
Pros
nice pay, independent hours
Cons
hard on the vehicle, needs benefits, needs better service department.
Good Place To Work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Missoula, MTApril 14, 2017
Cennox is ever changing and ever evolving which makes it an interesting place to work. I have met people from all of the country and world. It can be challenging but the people make it worth it.
Always something to learn!!
Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  Missoula, MTApril 11, 2017
I started with this company as an entry level employee and now almost 13 years later I am still with them. They have afforded me many opportunities and advancements. The work is fast paced and there is always something new and challenging which keeps it exciting!