Centegra Health System Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Good job
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ILJune 29, 2018
Maintenance job was a great position. I would have stayed forever but decide to join the military and see the world. Good pay. Great work. Great work schedule.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Upper level management
Fast Paced Enviornment
PSC (Patient Safety Companion) II (Former Employee) –  McHenry, ILJune 25, 2018
This was a sometimes stressful day because you never knew what you were going to be doing since each patient is different. You may have a compliant person one day, a very confused patient the next day, and a person that was eloping the third day. It was a very stressful job but made me learn patients and how to solve problems and try new things to help calm a patient down
Pros
Learned patients
Cons
Unsafe/stressful
Lots of opportunities for growth
Director (Former Employee) –  Crystal Lake, ILJune 12, 2018
A typical day included oversight of 2 large fitness centers, hospital/wellness relationship building, oversight of corporate wellness and senior wellness. The culture was based on a clear mission and many opportunities were offered to facilitate growth. The hardest part of my job was balancing all of the responsibilities and the most enjoyable part was making a difference to the community and the employees.
Numbers are the only focus. Patient experience is no longer valued. Amounts collected and calls taken are what is now most important.
Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ILMay 15, 2018
Constant emails to take more calls. Adding more responsibilities on weekly. No raises as promised when taken over from Centegra. Time off accrued very slowly. No separate personal days or sick days.

CoWorkers make the best of their days. Friendly colleagues.
Cons
Benefits misleading. No work life balance. Micro managed
Hospital Security Officer
Hospital security officer (Former Employee) –  McHenry, Huntley and Woodstock IlMay 8, 2018
Got out when the getting was good , Centegra just finished the paperwork Northwestern Medical Healthcare System is buying out Centegra and taking complete control. Most likely Hospital Security will be contracted out to the the lowest bidder as they have previously with there other suburban hospitals and downtown. Departments who will also be affected with be Housing keeping , maintenance/facilities and food service. This will mean minimal wages , little or or no benefits and no PTO to speak of. Working Hospital Security for $12.00 a hour is simply not worth the risk of getting potentially seriously injured or ill from a infectious disease or deadly virus from a combative patient .
Pros
Currently health and welfare benefits
Cons
Changing to NWMH loss of everything and low wages
Good Staff at both hospitals with good administrators
Clinical Educator Specialist (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ILApril 30, 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed working in the hospital environment with the staff, families and patients. I always felt good about working with this population and making a smalll difference in their lives.
Pros
Working with the students/patients
Cons
Adolescent units closed down.
Good
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Spring Grove, ILApril 20, 2018
overall day at work was good. I Learned something new everyday. I met new patients and interacted with different people each day.
The hardest part of my job was that the doctor was working trying to keep up with the dr.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
felt like I was rushing with the patient just for the Dr to be on time
Centegra: A Mixed Bag
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Huntley, IllinoisApril 17, 2018
While I was lucky enough to work with a wonderful group of individuals, the rest of the workplace was not so stellar. The "culture of always" is, in my experience, a fa├žade to look better to the public. Patient satisfaction and care takes back seat to money, at least in the upper management's eyes, and this wouldn't be so bad if they didn't lie about it. Upper management consistently hands down new operating procedures without one, knowing how it will affect the people carrying the orders out, or two, bothering to ask how it will affect the people carrying the orders out. All in all, upper management's hypocrisy and lack of interest in the job satisfaction of the "peons" made Centegra a difficult place to work.
Relaxed
OUTPATIENT REHABILITATION TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Huntley, ILApril 16, 2018
Minimal education needed for the position I am in. No challenge either. Works well if you're looking for a patient based position, lots of great patient interaction. Most positions encourage a healthy personal work life balance.
Pros
Majority of the employees are wonderful.
Cons
Very minimal advancement
Great job growth
Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  McHenry, ILApril 4, 2018
Wonderful job, great staff with plenty of job growth. Staff was willing and able to help you learn and training was wonderful. Doctors were great to work with.
Fast paced, busy, heavy workload
Ultrasound Technologist II (Current Employee) –  Huntley, ILMarch 9, 2018
Busy outpatient center, requires flexibility, many stats, and add on patients throughout the day. The staff is very friendly, and enjoyable to work with.
Gained Clinical Experience
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  McHenry, ILMarch 9, 2018
Worked as a PCT and transitioned to Staff RN in Telemetry upon taking the NCLEX. Later worked in the ER. 12 hour night shifts for several years. Good Food in the cafeteria
Work in dirty basement no windows or fresh air.
Customer service/Correspondence rep (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ILMarch 4, 2018
The poor air quality was effecting my health and they would not move me to better work environment. This comes down to my health or my job since they will not relocate me or improve the air quality with air purifiers.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Very poor air quality there in an old hospital basement.
Not a fun place or exciting place to work for at all
Enviormental Services (Former Employee) –  Huntley, ILMarch 1, 2018
Very bad management work there for two years and the management was very bad I would not recommend anyone to work here unless you like a stressful environment or don't mind dealing with bad management it seemed like most everyone there is out for themselves also they always overload you with more work and if you didn't complete it the manger would write you up
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Poor managment, more work added then normal
Drama corruption high-school atmosphere
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Centegra fox valleyFebruary 15, 2018
I worked for this office for 8 years had to finally leave, the manager tries to be everyone's friends leaving certain employees to be on their phones all day, some coworkers will gossip and gang up on you if they don't like you, its basically a free for all causing the actual hard workers to have to do more work than they need, its always short staffed everyday i would be doing 3 to 4 different jobs at once, the pay is so low McDonald's employees make more, centegra only cares about money their patients come second, they even told us we couldn't assist helping the elderly in wheelchairs to their cars anymore i wouldnt recommend this job to anyone i care about cpc fox valley in crystal lake is a joke run far away!
Pros
The patients
Cons
The pay
Hard working staff in an unorganized environment
Nurse Practitioner, Acute Care (Former Employee) –  McHenry, ILFebruary 13, 2018
Met some good people here, but circumstances beyond my control led to me leaving. The ICU program was unorganized with very little direction which dampened what could have been a great learning and developmental process for newly hired NPs. Learned a lot through preservation and self-study.
Micromanagement and abusive environment
Cancer Care Data Coordinator (Current Employee) –  McHenry, ILFebruary 9, 2018
Sage Cancer Center has non-competent, non-educated, poor management. Many of people who works at Sage Cancer Center are highly educated hard workers, but due to the stressful and abusive environment lots of people are seeking opportunities elsewhere.
Busy work environment
Inpatient Clinical Dietitian (Current Employee) –  McHenry, ILFebruary 6, 2018
The best part of the job is the opportunity to work alongside and collaborate with various health care providers such as physicians, nurses and other specialties.
Thumbs UP-good place to work
Technician I (Former Employee) –  McHenry, ILFebruary 2, 2018
Good place to work. Many knowledgeable and dedicated people. Benefits are at least competitive and good work/private life balance. I only left Centegra due to relocation.
Pros
Reasonable demands for time given
Cons
Hours were convenient
I would recommend Centegra Health System
Staff RN Med/Surg (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ILJanuary 30, 2018
Centegra has been a good place to work over the years. The staff there all got along well. We could switch our schedules to help each other out easily if something ever came up. We had a great benefits package. I believe Centegra Health System would be a good place to work.
Pros
great benefits, great staff comrodery, skilled and caring nurses, excellent physicians
Cons
short breaks, fast paced

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Centegra Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

2.0Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss