Centene Employee Reviews

Found 1,152 reviews matching the search See all 1,158 reviews
Centene was a great place to work - I never would have left but I needed to move.
Sr. Director (Former Employee) –  Clayton, MONovember 15, 2018
Centene was a great place to work. I would have liked to stay with Centene for many more years but the needs of my family required a move out of state and at the time they did not have virtual positions. If the opportunity presents itself I would welcome the opportunity to return. Until then I cheer on my fellow colleagues and refer others when the opportunity presents itself from states away. Congratulations on all your success MFN and all the TEAMS past and present!
Pros
So many; onsite clinic and cafe
Cons
easy to work to much
Horrible place to work
Investigator - Special Investigations Unit (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LANovember 15, 2018
Difficult and racist place to work. I would not recommend anyone to work here. The company is infiltrated by a dog eat dog/backstabbing culture in most departments.
n/a
Claims Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 15, 2018
Overall not a bad job suffers from management disorganization among st leadership. Has a great overview of family oriented and looks out for the employees tries to create a good working environment but management lacks.
Centene is a Good Work place Culture
Sr.Oracle Database Administrator (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, MONovember 14, 2018
I have learned a lot of things here people over here are very friendly and supportive to the the work what we do here,

The good thing i observed in the centene is it has a very good management

Every day is the enjoyable day here because people here love the work what they do so they don't feel any hurdles here
Pros
Working in centene is big pros
Cons
They used treat the employees very well
Very difficult to get promoted even if qualified
CLAIMS ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXNovember 12, 2018
Workplace culture needs lots of work. With all of my experience, I found it difficult to be properly promoted to a higher position. It was more of who you know verses what you know.
Pros
lunch room, cooks on staff
Cons
work almost every weekend
Fun and Challenging Work
Utilization Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 10, 2018
Management in my department is committed to making work fair. Staff is always included in decsion making which directly effects them. Culture of transparency.
Pros
Great pay, benefits and time off
Cons
Fast paced
It is a great place to work
Special Investigator (Current Employee) –  saint louisNovember 8, 2018
It's a booming company with a very bright future. There are a multitude of positions and the benefits are pretty incredible. Great insurance, employee stock purchase program, $10k/year in grad school tuition.
Pros
decent pay, great benefits
Poor management great company
Customer Service Rep II Home State Health Medicaid (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 8, 2018
this is a great company to work for, if they selected better people in leadership that would make a difference they are driven by numbers and less concerned with the success of their staff.
A wonderful learning experience.
Field Nurse Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCNovember 8, 2018
I really enjoyed the opportunity to visit my members in their homes and attend doctor visits with them. I liked the ability to work independently.
I did not like the office-type atmosphere.
Good work/Life balance
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Tigard, ORNovember 8, 2018
My team respects your work life balance and is great at flexibility. I believe that most of the departments in the Tigard office are similar to mine.
Horrible Management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Troy, MINovember 7, 2018
Worst place I have ever worked.....Nothing but miserable messy women.....highest turnover rate I have ever witnessed....Management very unprofessional
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Breaks, Lunch
Above average pay and good benefits if you enjoy a call center atmosphere
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE II (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 7, 2018
Heavy call volumn from medicare advantage members from multiple states and plans. Centene promises concierge with no matrix, but the matrix changes and is inforced more often. Expect changes daily and the only real con is the lack of communication when there are changes.
Quality control varies from day to day and qa evaluator. They consistintly ding you on the most irrelevent issues. Qa is very inconsistant. Qa evaluators should be required to be a csr for 6-12 monthes prior to being eligible to become a qa evaluator.
Pros
Friendlyness of co-workers and open door policy for manager and directors
Cons
Lack of communication and lack info. And training for new procedures and changes
I enjoyed the twelve years I had with centene.
Community Health Worker (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 7, 2018
I had a fantastic twelve years with centence. I enjoyed the three positions I had from a Referral Specialist processing authorization to Community Health Worker going to members home providing education to help control healthcare benefits.
Pros
Good working team.
Cons
Need more diversity
Run
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 7, 2018
Total lack of leadership. Managers and supervisors stay in meeting rooms doors shut while you are stuck on the phones given no information about anything at all.Would find out very hard to believe that this place will last another year. No way! Would not recommend anyone to leave there current position to start working for this company.
Pros
Pay rate
Cons
Everything else
productive and exciting workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 6, 2018
I enjoyed working for Centene Corporation. They have an excellent leadership team and promote growth in your job. They train you for your position and you will receive continued training to excel in your position or transfer to another department.
I highly recommend Centene Corp. as an employer.
Pros
exceptional leadership team, good listening skills
Cons
30 minute lunch
Horrible business structure and practices (Data Analyst)
Data Analyst (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 5, 2018
Imagine a room full of people getting so much information a day that there is no room to improve the system but rather, all the labor is towards cleaning data.
Imagine that the data being received is highly sensitive and important to both the doctors and the patients and is handed to easily disposable contract employees.
Imagine that the work being done is always under scrutiny and gossiping and intimidation is endemic in all levels of management.

The security and business model of Illinicare is appalling; they hire droves of temp workers or underpaid workers that play the blame game instead of working together. The truth is, the wages are low and employment is a revolving door. Mediocrity is the norm and stress drives expectations.
Pros
Holiday themed days
Cons
Pay, culture, expectations
great company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 5, 2018
great company to work for.. sad im leaving but relocating with my family.
great starting pay, great benefits, and wonderful people to work with. everyone always smiling and greets you.
Productive working place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZ 85281November 4, 2018
Good place to work, nice and friendly environment. They don’t work much with schedules but overall they offer a good pay and are friendly individuals.
Not the best
Scrum Master (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 3, 2018
They're in a period of strong transition right now, so there's been pretty massive turnover and very low morale. There's a chance other departments are better, but mine isn't one of those.
Call center department is just terrible, not worth applying.
Customer Service Representative I (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARNovember 1, 2018
Great company, but the call center part is just awful. Back to back calls are non-stop and very stressful. If you see a call center position for this company do not apply for it because it has a high turnover rates. The management is absolutely terrible. Assisting providers with their claims is just absolutely mind-blowing awful. Half time you're not trained enough to know what you are talking about. The providers screams, shouts and never takes no for an answer. This type of position will affect your health and wellness physically and mentally.
Pros
Descent Pay
Cons
Horrible management, back to back calls, lack of provider training, and QA's calls are very strict /hard to pass.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Centene. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP20%
In the Top 20% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Centene.

Powered by Comparably