Centene

Centene Employee Reviews

United States4,298 reviews

Found 4,298 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,321 reviews
fidelismeridianmedicaidmemberhealthbenefittrainingleadership

Centene makes a strong effort to keep employees happy.

Featured review

Centene selected this as a representative review
How happy you will be really depends on your direct supervisor like most jobs. But, in general, Centene does a good job of being inclusive and communicative.

Pros

Can work remote, PTO and salary are pretty good and can qualify for bonuses.

Cons

None I can think of.

March 2, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on Centene’s Total Rewards offering which includes access to health insurance, workplace flexibility, and paid time off including caregiver leave.

Great benefits, work from home. Supportive environment. You are supported and feel part of a team. Vacation and sick time is good. Medical benefits are good.

Centene insights

Based on 2,579 survey responses
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Overall satisfaction

Always laying people off its a trend no budget and lack of structure.

dont work here no structure very low pay. best part about working here is being able to wokr from home. The training is zoom and you have to be on camera the entire 8 hours

Leadership was great!

I loved this company! Sad I left it.I had some great leadership that cared about your career growth. The company had a career path assigned to employees as to where they could move up from the position they had now. Very collaborative and a respectful environment.

Pros

Cons

Hybrid

Set up for failure

Very poorly run. Large turnover . Training is set up for 72 people remotely. No room for success . Equipment fails constantly .Very slow in proving staff with tools needed.

Flexible Supervisors

I love the team that I work with. Everyone is approachable and willing to assist and answer questions when needed. Very fortunate to work with understanding supervisors who also promotes positive working environment.

Decent place to work but hard to understand what they are doing

The company has competitive starting pay with other call centers but over the past 2 years it seems like the leadership is struggling to figure out what the future looks like for the company and it’s employees.

Horrible management and training

It is best NOT to work here. Politics is the game. You have NO job security and the training is very poor. Do not accept employment with this company

Pros

Remote work

Cons

Not enough training; management does not care about you; absolutely NO JOB SECURITY

Decent place to work

Overall a decent place to work, various career fields. Pay is decent depending I'm the position.

Na

The management has created a sweatshop scenario. They require employees to work 10 + hours a day. There is no work-life balance. It's all about making senior management look good. They do not care how work affects their employees health. When it is explained how work is affecting your health the response is "take care of yourself". Rather than management making necessary changes to help their employees.The company has a "lean" model. More work and less employees.

Pros

Excellent pay

Cons

You will have no personal life.

Remote options, great management, awesome job growth. The job was tiring and frustrating at times but Centene takes care of employees and has greet pay and benefits

September 23, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on Centene’s Total Rewards offering which includes access to health insurance, workplace flexibility, and benefits that enable employees to live healthy and balanced lives.

Satans playground

I’ve never worked in such an unorganized,unprofessional and bully environment. Management and supervisors throw their employees under the bus and don’t take responsibility for their poor managerial actions. Lack of communication from management makes for an awful place to work. DONT WORK THERE unless you like drama!

Member Connections

I love what I do. I have never had so much support from a management team that I do here. All my supervisors and manager are great, willing to help and understanding. My co-workers are so helpful and you can tell that we all love what we do.

Great place to work, great co workers and supervisor gained experience with Medicaid and Medicare benefits the hardest part of the job was not enough training the most enjoyable part of the job was helping others with their health benefits

September 23, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We appreciate your input and are happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience at Centene.

Centene

Your self- character is demolished. Leadership likes to work against you and not with you. Never worked for a company that makes you feel worthless no matter how well you do. It is never good enough. Can’t wait for the next chapter and build my self confidence up and find who I am again as an employee. I am scared.

Liked the work. Pay should be increased

I liked the work I did. There was often opportunities to volunteer for overtime or projects. Great coworkers! The biggest issue I had was low pay. In the world we live in it would be nice if large employers like Centene would recognize and adjust their low pay scale.

Great stepping stone

I had the ability to learn new skills. The work flow can be a little hectic at times and even overwhelming. Try not to get lost behind the work and communicate your needs.

Benefits are good, but management could be better

Typical entry-level call center job. The training doesn’t even cover 25% of the situations you will encounter. Leads and supervisors act inconvenienced when you have questions and no two answers are the same. No accountability for certain departments.

Okay for corporate

Seems hard to be promoted Originally work for WellCare and missed the way it was before Centene came in. Glad they allowed to continue work from home though.

Very Easy

The job is very easy only if you really pay attention during training. The only thing I disliked was if you went to work this day and they’d up out of nowhere have a meeting and send you somewhere else to start training and start a new job. The job would be similar to the job you’ve just left. Then you would receive a new schedule and have to hurry to make accommodations for that if you have kids, another job,or other things going on.

Productive workplace and flexible

I have been with the company a almost two years and I feel that management does a well job with equipping you to perform your job. Culture is also pleasant

September 16, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We appreciate your input and are happy to hear you’re enjoying your experience at Centene.

Common questions about Centene

Answered by current and former employees at Centene

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Centene. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 50%
In the Top 50% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Centene.
Powered byComparably