Centene Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Poor excuse for a mco
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 21, 2018
A so called managed care organization..
The women that are to act as supervisors are nothing more than a bunch of unqualified ,uneducated people that run the departments based upon their own insecurities with other women amongst them..Extremely lacking any managed or structured environment --Would be hard to believe this MCO extends past its original time line of 1 year as functional in the business sector for a state medicaid program that Pennsylvania offers to folks..
Working for Superior
Prior Authorization Nurse (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 21, 2018
While working there really enjoyed it. The environment could be awesome. The upper management did a lot to boost the morale of the staff with the many things they did such as the random Amy's ice cream days, or random chick fil a sandwiches lunch we would have just to show that they appreciated us. For things such as Thanksgiving and Christmas's, there were lunches served as well as the secret Santas. that the whole company or those that were in office participated in. those in the office felt like a family. It was a small space but you could feel the love!
Cons
The software used to process the request frequently would crash
Growing company in a constant state of “reorganization”
Medical management department (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORJuly 20, 2018
Better to look elsewhere. Company culture is all profit driven hidden behind the facade of “member care”. Communication is nonexistent and high turn over is rampant. New “leadership” every few months that does more good than harm. Promotions to management positions are given to those who play the political game and it’s evident that they are in no place to lead a team with lack of experience and overall incompetency. Employees that do stay have either vested way too much of their life with the company to part or are stuck due to the lack of jobs especially in the Eugene market.
Pros
Pay
Cons
No communication, poor management
Decent benefits, terrible work culture
Current employee (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 19, 2018
Company has competitive salary but the work culture is not good. You have to constantly watch out for someone trying to take your job or discredit you. Promotions are not based on experience and hard work but rather favoritism and age. A total corporate environment where you are not valued for your efforts and loyalty and treated as a mere body that could be easily disposed of in a heart beat.
Pros
Ability to work from home
Cons
Culture, management, and HR
It was fine.
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVJuly 19, 2018
Left state, nice to work for. Standard corporate environment with corporate perks. Good, hardworking management and upper level staff. Only with a short time.
great place to work
Cenpatico Grievance and Appeals Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 19, 2018
really good place to work, centene worried about there workers needs and help us grow in other departments. they have great benefits and offer good time off
n/a
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CA 95670July 18, 2018
i rather not give an review this company is UNFAIR with everything if your not Mexican you will not grow with the company at all and that is my final revwiew
Great place to start a career in cyber security
Cyber Security Analyst (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 16, 2018
The Centene SOC is a great community that has a growing knowledge base and always has new topics trends to learn about. The staff is great and there is plenty to learn from the senior security analysts.
Pros
Plenty to learn and
Cons
Low wage
I loved working for Centene
Provider Services (Former Employee) –  TexasJuly 16, 2018
This was hands down one of the best careers I ever had! Saddest part of leaving was having to move away! By far the friendliest, most efficient work environment I have ever worked in.
productive and fun place to work
ServiceNow Admin/Developer (Former Employee) –  Richmond Heights, MOJuly 16, 2018
Really helped me to interact with people friendly. And gained knowledge. I completely satisfied with the work environment and enjoyed performing the tasks they assign.
Analyst
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 16, 2018
Centene is a company that offers great benefits, however, the management will work you all type of hours. You will find yourself working even on weekends just to catch up or stay ahead. The management will frown on you working outside of business hours however they will do nothing about balancing the work load they gave to you knowing that you are already overwhelmed.

The Management is often placed into authoritative positions with little to no people skills or training to deal with direct reports, The days are greatly stressful and there almost seems as though if there is no where to turn other than finding another job before you have a breakdown. Management doesn't listen to the people that do all the work, they listen to the supervisors that don't have a clue and only thrust other tasks onto your already worn down shoulders.

If you are looking to work here be prepared to have no life outside of the hustle and bustle of Centene. Run away as fast as you can!
Benefits
Cons
Super stressful days, no work/life balance, Management unskilled for their positions
Very poor training
Claims Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 15, 2018
Asked to process claims without proper training. Very little feedback regarding quality of work. Poor oversight, lacking supervision, direction culminating in a stressful, unsettling, work environment.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Poor training
Productive work place
Vertexer (Former Employee) –  Farmington, MOJuly 15, 2018
I thought Cetenne was great place to work at I was comfortable there
the people were all nice and the job wasn't stressful position to me I
was disappointed when the laid us off I was really hoping to get a full
time position there I have worked at my own business for 30 years we sold it now I just want job to work 40 hours a week and stay in the position I don't want to job hop not my thing
Pros
it would be a place to stay benefits an the pay
Cons
they didn't keep me long enough to see how I worked
great place
Long Term Care Coordinator - Sunshine Health Plan (Current Employee) –  Sunrise, FLJuly 14, 2018
Great place to work wonderful staff.
The company cares about it's staff.
Annual raises

There are constant changes with procedures and no clear instructions on when to began using those procedures.
Pros
work from home for some positions
Cons
constant changes and not all management the same page when telling staff
Great boss, great team, great company
Quality Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  ArizonaJuly 13, 2018
QM team is supportive and hard-working, with supervisors that have worked their way up and know what they are doing. Pay and benefits are above average compared to other competitors in this field. Best company I have ever worked for by far. I have 15 years experience in the field, just for reference.
Pros
Teamwork, Pay, Benefits, Flexibility
Cons
Recent changes at upper management levels, IT support is lacking in timeliness and efficiency
Stressful
Member Service Representative I (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 12, 2018
Very stressful environment, had to have script down, call time limited, hard to get a lead on the floor, and unorganized. No family oriented as they described.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
30 min lunches, no assistance as far as educating job information
Productive Organization
Patient Management (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 12, 2018
The organization is one of the most honorable companies to work for. The care they have not only for their members but their employees is awesome. They love to educate so they can pursue more opportunity within the company.
Program Coordinator
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 12, 2018
Check email
Review Excel Spreadsheet for Authorization
Update information received from management for workload
Diversity
Completeing Authorizations in a timely manner
Office Atomosphere
Pros
Friendly astmosphere
Cons
Somtimes too much childs play
Most Negative experience
Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 12, 2018
Let me start off by saying that this job was offered to me in June 2017 with orig start date of July 5, 2017. The Friday before I was set to begin with Centene, I get a call from the talent specialist telling me that the start date was being pushed back to mid july due to the facility not being ready. I had already given notice to my current employer so I was left in a bind. I still had high hopes based on the offer that I was given salary wise, facility amenities (gym, ergonomic desks, onsite medical, cafeteria and childcare that I don't need, but nice that they had it) well mid july comes and I get an email instead of a call stating that it would now be September. Long storyh short, I was finally given start date in October. The facility that was not actually completed, and still isn't complete, does not have one of the amenities promised. The bonus is a joke, it is not up to 6% of salary and the reason given is that we are a new location in Tucson and the amount of mistakes made and penalties paid is taken out on employees. Also, do not expect management to know ANYTHING about the insurance industry. Half of them are from CS call centers or even a few from the GAP no lie. I would strongly discourage anyone from taking a position with this company.
Pros
Cons
everything
Great work life balance
Quality Improvement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOJuly 11, 2018
Centene gives you an amazing opportunity to grow and allows you to still have the home life needed. I have worked other places that do not have that same approach.
Pros
Pay and Benifits
Cons
Lack of communication between leardership and staff.