Centene
Happiness rating is 59 out of 100

Centene Employee Reviews

Found 3,769 reviews matching the search
it was like working with the smartest people in your college and enjoying the hard work with each other. I wish that management didn't play favorites though and lead people a little bit more.
They overwork your and under appreciate you. It’s so much disorganization, management doesn’t know what they’re doing, management will tell you non compliant ways to do things.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything besides pay
Very helpful management and supervisory staff. Everyone helpful. However, training was almost non existent for me. The company was new to area. Very stressful to learn computer systems, and deal with clients with little training. Good potential for advancement and overall good company to work for just need to improve training
Pros
Pay, benefits are above average
Cons
Little to no training when I was there
I was not too happy with the micromanagement at this company. Too much time was wasted having work entered into a production database to account for time worked.
Pros
Occational Management perks
Cons
Micromanagement
Ideas in a group setting were shunned, a bad idea was a good idea if it was brought up by management. No work life balance, you constantly ate lunch while working with little chance to step away to decompress. Assigned work constantly being set aside for last second emergency work that management may have forgotten to discuss.
Pros
Great benefits
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Centene is always acquiring other companies and therefore systems/procedures are constantly changing with poor planning, training, and management. They are really against telecommuting and have said after the pandemic there won't be many opportunities for WFH.
This was initially an amazing company, And to some degree still is. With acquiring a new line of business company is trying to find its new balance. You have to be apart of the “ in crowds” to get recognized or promoted.
Pros
Benefits, vacation
Cons
Advancement
Great place to work. Not a ton of ability to move up. Great vacation/pto to start is 3 weeks and 11 paid holidays and 4 sick days. Nice assortment of benefits ro choose from.
Pros
Work from home option after the pandemic
Cons
More options for career advancement
Company is all about the numbers. Ignore the issues and just sell. They could care less about the culture that you work in. Everything seems haphazard and it’s very hard to get answers to concerns. Company needs to stop hiring friends as managers and supervisors and hire people who have had experience in the field they are in charge of. Supervisors always seems to delegate and not take responsibility for their position. Excessive micromanagement makes it a very stressful place to work.
Pros
Commission tiers
Cons
Excessive micromanagement, unrealistic goals, and poor management
The staff was very diverse intentionally. It appeared perfect. However there were clics....some ppl talked badly about others...office drama and obvious reversed discrimination. I loved my boss..and the staff attorney but the rest of the staff were bad with hiding how they felt about each other. Very stressful.
Very poor leadership. The job itself is great satisfying work but leadership makes you want to quit. It’s been this way for years. They lose great employees often.
Pros
Great work
Cons
Leadership
Management is supportive and there is good work life balance. The ability to work remotely is nice and benefits are reasonable and compensation is fair.
They did company wide lay offs. No rhyme or reason for the people chosen, like myself. I never had been written up or had a negative mark within the company. Was laid off as soon as i came back from maternity leave.
I was hired on with Centene during the pandemic and I have been impressed with the interview, onboarding and training that I received. My team is amazing and I have felt welcomed and supported. The work is challenging but incredibly interesting.
Pros
Great team, great supervisors, flexibility, competitive pay
Cons
N/a
Centene is an amazing company. The managers are awesome and take the time to listen and are very encouraging and supportive. The company cares about the wellness of their employees with great discount incentives. The job impacts everyday lives in a positive way. Overall, it is a good place to work!
Benefits
I appreciate the management. Management believes in having a work/life balance which I appreciate. Advancement options are limited in some areas and wish the company would consider more remote positions.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Limited Remote positions/Advancement option limited in some departments
This company only promotes people they know or are friends with. Very boring job you are not allowed to talk to co-workers at all or you get in trouble.
Working as a Behavioral Health Case Manager at Centene, makes you feel like a robot. Upper management only cares about is quantity/numbers and not quality of work. The call volume is very high, case loads, and work expectations are unrealistic. This company is very greedy, and expect you to get all your work done, but tell you to not work over because you are salaried. Every week its strict deadlines for random projects to complete. Centene requires you to sign a conflict of interest form, basically telling Centene if you have a business(non-related to your job), and also wants to know if you are working another job, which to there definition is a conflict of interest because they are greedy and trying to monopolize the market for behavioral health. Benefits and pay are good, but not worth it due to the stress and multiple system glitches a day. Keep your resume updated.
benefits
Upper management don’t care about you as a person; they only care about you producing. While this can be understood, they do not have robots working. We are real people. The benefits are great and pay is also good. However, the job seems robotic and non-challenging.
Benefits
Cons
Management lacks transparency
I loved working for Centene. I had my own desk, my own tasks, and was busy most of the day. I did work the night shift so about after 7pm there was usually not much to do in the queue so it did slow time down since i wasn't off til 9pm. Still had the best time while there. I would highly recommend to anyone looking for a pharmacy job in prior authorizations.
Pros
Game room&lunch room. Often had luncheons.
Cons
No work after a certain time if working night shift.
The Member Services department was the worst job I believe in the company. The constant audits were overwhelming. The position requires a vast amount of benefits information. Hours of operations left you without support from other departments that left at 5:00 pm. Supervisors snub slow performers and those that were not their favorites. Cubicles where cheap and maybe 4 feet apart and very low for a call center. High turnover. It was a gloomy vibe and the rest seemed fake with happiness. The pay was ridiculous considering the volume of calls and vast knowledge of services.
Benefits
Cons
Low pay, stressful work environment. Fighting to keep your work schedule
  1. Employee Reviews