Centene

Centene Employee Reviews in Little Rock, AR

Productivity more important than quality patient care, Low Salary
Company has great benefits.
Poor orientation and training after the initial computer training with the educators.

When I started, I thought I would be engaging and educating members as well as the usual Case Managmenet duties. As time went on, I spent more time documenting and attempting to meet quotas.

With any corporate job, it appears the focus is on numbers instead of quality, thoroughness and meeting the needs of members. Your success is measured by numbers.

Managers cannot be trusted. No matter where you go there is going to be those who gossip and who are not team players. However, I have never seen so much unethical, unprofessional and negative gossiping behavior in a particular department than any other place I have ever worked at before.
Open and Family environment
I enjoyed my work experience with Centene Inc. The employees there were very eager to teach during training and they made you feel welcomed. I enjoyed my work experience there. The environment was a calm and relaxed environment.
Great Team Atmosphere
I was only with this company a very short duration. In this time, I quickly excelled with their software for CM duties. They were very easy to work with and treated their employees with respect
Pros
Free treats
Management is so unprofessional
I currently work here and the company tries to encourage us but the management is why people leave. This is a great company to work for but management is back stabbing and underhanded. My Director started harrassing me when I unfriended her from Facebook! I don't feel appreciated and I came here with a bubbly peronality and now I feel like my soul has been sucked from me.
N/a
I have been at Centene for over a year and they have treated me well. I have enjoyed my time at the company thus far and they will give you the tools needed to succeed.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
I have really learned a great deal and understand that there are great opportunities with the company.
I really enjoy working for the company and have great peers and coworkers. The compensation package is great. I have met a lot of unique people both co workers and members I have served. Deadlines can be stressful, but time management and organizational skills are crucial for success. I have had little difficulty with I.T. and have had great Supervisors who schedule one to one as well as weekly meetings to keep the team up to date.
Competitive salary
Centene offers a competitive salary in Little Rock Arkansas. Job Culture is changing monthly, not sure if this is a good thing or bad thing. I’m optimistic about my future with this company
Stressful Work Enviornment
The communication in the work place is very poor. Instead of addressing the issues, upper management patronizes employees with an attitude of just deal with it.
Pros
Good benefits; no weekends
Cons
Poor communication
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Centene?
Excellent
Centene is an excellent company to work for. Culture is great Arkansas total care is dedicated to members and families. Job security is great. Management is very knowledgeable.
Just do your job
A typical day at work was pretty much going in... sitting down and doing whatever project you were assigned to do. The company shows appreciation to its employees pretty well throughout the year. Great work environment with friendly employees. Management is a different story. In the beginning, management was cool and worked with you and listened to your opinions! Now it has become a “buddy buddy/this is my friend” type of environment. If you are not friends with certain people, then being considered for advancement is difficult.
The work place is fund and very laid back the pay is good and you have room to grown. The insurance for the healthcare is good as well. I would keep working hear.
Pros
Good benefits and pay
Cons
Only get 30 minutes lunch and should be longer
Stressful Job
Unorganized. Under trained. Constantly changing. Customer service representative are graded unfairly. Too much work expected for the pay given. Hard to get to bond with co-workers bcuz they won't allow you any breathing room.
Pros
Decent benefits
Cons
Unorganized, Quick to fire ppl, Very Stressful, Constant changes, low moral. Can only get promoted if you like kissing up.
Working Environment
Work life balance is difficult. Most positions require more than 40 hours per week (even for salary employees). Communication within the department I work in is almost non existent, which is one of the huge drawbacks. If creates a lot of "reactive" situations instead of "proactive".

The company is growing and always entering into new markets. There just isn't a lot of growth above a supervisor or manger level.
Pros
Good PTO, Good benefits
Cons
this is a job not a career
The job can be stressful due to the industry but there a little options for stress relief. The pay is lower than other industry leaders. The opportunities for advancement are there but take a year to be able to apply for regardless of performance and attendance.
Pros
experience, paid holidays
Cons
no flexible schedule options, low pay, fraternizing with coworkers, quiet
Centene
The job I held was ok. When I first sat down at the desk things did not seem right so I was immediately looking for an avenue out. People around me are still there and they are trying to get out of that place too.
Very productive and motivating environment to work in. Co-worker are like family.
I've learned a lot of new skills to incorporate with my daily job duties on creating an effective and efficient way of investigating and providing resolutions for daily case work.
Great company
It is a great company to work for. Really beneficial for individuals fresh out of college to get their foot in the door and gain professional experience.
No worklife balance/horrible culture/ horrible management
Very cliquey. Insufficient training. The people that have been there a while feel theatened by new hires and don’t like to share necessary information to do your job. The hiring manager lied about overtime in the interview. Stay away, you will not have a life
Pros
I left
Cons
Working there
Worst job ever!
The pay and work schedule is great. However Management is the worst I have ever seen thus far. They want to micromanage your every mover, while they it around talking , eating and on their phones. If you need assistance with a call, you have to IM them and they take 10-20 minutes sometimes to respond, by that time the customer is frustrated you are frustrated because you could not give the customer your full assistance. If they would change management and the Director over the Medicare, Medicaid, etc. program department and stop micromanaging this would be a great company to work for. Also they want to dictate your PTO time, you have to request it, and it is approved by an out of state person. Sometimes you could have a doctors appt and they decline that day off, so you take off and get points deducted. Oh everything is point based...ridiculous. This company has lost some very good hard working employees due to management. HR and VP's really need to look into their Little Rock location!!! Be concerned about people. Great benefits, employee appreciation was great but you couldn't enjoy it because you are constantly on the phones and they bring the food to your desk, cold and you never leave your desk.
Great team work, just a great place to work.
I enjoyed working for the company becuase of the benefits I receive at the job, also the people at the job are easily to get along with, and are willing to help or teach the thing that are needed in order for you to successfully perform your daily duties.
Na
Has the potential to be a great company there are a few areas for opportunity. If those areas are addressed it would be able to live up to the potential that is there.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Centene. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9
2.7
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP35%
In the Top 35% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Centene.