Centennial Mental Health Center Inc. Employee Reviews

New Direction is Phenomenal
Prevention and Early Childhood Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sterling, COAugust 2, 2018
Centennial has gone through huge changes in management and I have directly benefited from each new change! I am a new mom and they have been SUPER cooperative and FLEXIBLE. I practically make my own schedule and their emphasis on an open door policy is HUGE! I love my supervisor and coworkers and I truly feel valued as a team member. The hardest part of my day is finding ways to help our entire area because we are understaffed. However, management is very understanding and have always supported my decision to increase or decrease my responsibilities.
Pros
Flexible, Understanding, Compassionate
Cons
Busy
Over all outstanding company
Therapist (Current Employee) –  Fort Morgan, COApril 26, 2018
Centennial genuinely cares about their employees. Great management and over all great team to work with. Career driven and always help employees work towards their long term goals..with supervision hours to loan repayment.Great benefits and a great place to work
No compassion for employees
Other (Former Employee) –  ColoradoFebruary 5, 2018
This company tells you that they are very understanding to family problems and things that come up in your personal life, but what they don’t tell you is that as long as it happens on your own time it is fine. They work in the mental health industry and they do not take an employees mental health into consideration. The management is not qualified to run a company. They have poor training and expect you to learn the positions on your own. This is a multi city company but they do not have a streamlined company policy. They teach you one way and management in individual offices tell you to do it a completely different way. The pay is far too low for the work that they do and they talk about the patients behind their backs.
Pros
The therapist really want to help their clients.
Cons
Not worth that pay and management is not qualified.
Unacceptable place to work
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sterling, COJanuary 16, 2018
Terrible place to work if you have a family or intented on having a family, they will tell you its ok to take the time for your sick kid then hold it against you and end up emailing you and firing you for it. Do not work there, management sucks and its like being at a high school with cliques.
Management is horrible!
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sterling, CODecember 14, 2017
Management is the cause of a majority of the problems! Management is not qualified for management positions. The reason for the tremendous amount of employment turnover is because of management. Management recruits people from out of state because anyone in our own state of Colorado & that knows the truth about Centennial, would not even consider relocating to work for such a poorly ran agency! The people that have recolated from another state have found out very quickly that what they were promised by management was not what upper management or those in the Human Resource dept. agreed to! Over the past year there has been tremendous turnover! If considering employment with Centennial, I would ask why they have such a high turnover rate & don’t be surprised with an answer that states it has nothing to do with poor management!
Pros
Some employees are truly working to make a positive difference in people’s lives!
Cons
The ENTIRE management team MUST change!
Great Place to Work
Mental Health Professional (Current Employee) –  Fort Morgan, COMarch 12, 2017
Centennial has been a wonderful organization to work for. Their dedication to "moving lives forward" is more than just a catch phrase. Everyone you meet truly has the clients in their heart and in mind when making decisions. The flexibility for work/life balance is very reasonable and I greatly appreciate the benefits that are offered. The Human Resources department has done a great job of making sure their employees feel valued.

Last year the organization had to make budget cuts because of funding cuts. Every employee kept their job, we lost a couple of small benefits but the benefit program is still very good. The changes could have been communicated better but
Pros
Benefits, Work/Life Balance, Great Organization and Values
Cons
Rural Location
Good People to work with
Therapist (Current Employee) –  Fort Morgan, CODecember 14, 2016
When you work with Centennial, you are joining a family. You will be able to work with a wide variety of types of people and disorders. This will help you decide where you want to focus and craft your skills. You will learn a lot from those who already work here. CMCH offers free supervision towards you licensure. The supervisors do make sure you are doing self-care to avoid burn out. Upper management is difficult when it comes to clear and consistent policies and procures. The directors on site are helpful in navigating problems and coming up with solutions. There is loan repayment when you are licensed that you can apply for. Benefits and pay are decent for the area. The staff is wonderful to work with.
Pros
Staff is knowledgeable

Want to know more about Centennial Mental Health Center Inc.?

Ask a question

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Centennial Mental Health Center Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Centennial Mental Health Center Inc. Reviews by Location