Center City Public Charter Schools Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Very productive work environment!
Social Studies Chairperson (Former Employee) –  Brightwood, DCApril 29, 2018
Great staff to work with on a typical day. We provided a rigorous academic lesson and I learned how to collaborate more with others and became a more effective team member while at CCPCS. Students were well behaved and took ownership of their learning. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing achieve their educational success.
Pros
Working collaborative with other educators
Cons
Heathcare
good review
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 11, 2017
my experience wasn't the best the principle at the time was not very friendly or people person. but it was an ok place to work in at the time I only satyed for a year
Positive workplace
Director of Extended Learning (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 3, 2017
The typical workplace culture is pretty relaxing. The day is stress free. The staff is helpful and willing to support when needed. Overall the typical workday is a greta place to work.
Pros
short hours
Great urban school, family focused, room to grow
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 9, 2016
Have spent over four years working at CCPCS. In that time have taught for three years, and been given the opportunity for a lot of advancement. Spent several summers working on curriculum, and have now gained administrative experience over the past year.

The schools are family focused, teachers complete home visits with families, and organize parent teacher teams.

The staff is amazing, made some great friends, and have had the change to work with some great teachers. The small school size also give you more access to administration.
Pros
Advancement, benefits, culture
Cons
Long hours, large classes
Toxic enviorment
Academic Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 20, 2015
Miscommunication amongst management trickles down to all employees in the form of conflicting tasks and unrealistic expectations.
A great school environment to work, you definitly have to love to work with children
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 9, 2015
I enjoyed working in directly with the kids and directly with the parents. My principal at that time I absolutely adored. I learned tolerance and patience with adults. dealing with kids in a school is never typical always something different. the hardest part of my job is when I left
Pros
meeting a lot of great people
Cons
not a lot of time to get lunch
Pick another charter school. DONT COME HERE!!!
Pre-Kindergarten Teacher, Shaw Campus (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 9, 2014
This place is all about who you know and whose BUTT you kiss. There are principals who have never taught elementary school before and they dont understand early childhood or elementary students. Academic Deans are useless also. There is A LOT OF STAFF TURNOVER!!! If you are going to work here know that you career doenst end here and to always keep other options. But when you leave/resign from this job, dont expect to get a good reference because this company is not about ethical employee practices and principles.
Pros
Nothing!!!
Cons
Long day, ignorant principal and academci dean
Middle School English Language Arts Teacher (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 16, 2012
Great company to work for. This is the best school in the District of Columbia. I learned skills that will advance my career, and help my students in their future.
Pros
everything