Center for Autism and Related Disorders, Inc.

Center for Autism and Related Disorders, Inc. Employee Reviews

Culture is Lacking, Low Wage, Unprofessional
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Ventura County, CAJanuary 12, 2018
Difficult to move up into another role as it's run by young, inexperienced and unprofessional people. The company always has a revolving door as they hire undergrads with extremely low wages. Starting is approximately 12 per hour - how can one live with this wage? Unless you're in management, you don't get benefits in any position, no paid time off, and pay minumum wage for meetings. Worked out of 3 centers in Ventura County.
January 18, 2018

Thank you for reaching out and providing your feedback. CARD strives to provide all our staff with top quality training including becoming a Board Certified Autism Technician (BCATs) or Registered Behavior Technician (RBTs). We do offer competitive compensation and bonuses, pay increases as more training and certifications are completed, BCBA and BCaBA mentorship, opportunities for career growth and development and benefits to qualifying employees. We appreciate you servicing multiple patients within our various centers of Ventura County.

Not recommended at all
Clinical Supervisor (Former Employee) –  IllinoisDecember 29, 2017
To make a long story short, this company only cares about billable hours. BCBAs are expected to work long hours. No flexibility at all which ends up becoming counterproductive. Wouldn’t recommend any BCBA to join this company.
Pros
Training
Cons
Everything else
January 18, 2018

Thank you for reaching out and providing your feedback. CARD strives to provide top quality services to our patients nationwide. There are instances when BCBAs will have longer days to ensure that we meet certain requirements from our funding sources. CARD has done their best to be flexible with schedules, but again our top priorities is providing quality service and support to those within the CARD family.

Behavior Therapist (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYDecember 28, 2017
Very friendly staff, hard-working managers and delightful clients. A proven powerhouse in the ABA therapy industry with a focus on helping others. Overall good place to work.
January 11, 2018

We appreciate your input and are happy to hear you enjoyed your experience here at CARD. Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback.

Poor Management
ABA Therapist (Current Employee) –  Salem, ORDecember 5, 2017
Am not a fan of the clinic I currently work for, its like high school. People are two faced, the management staff makes it hard to come to them for problems. They aren't the most friendly to new therapists. They accuse you of things you didn't know about. They don't put the proper behaviors in the childs BIPS, they ignore certain behaviors as if they don't exist and the lessons they have for each child are a bit pointless at times.
Pros
Good Pay, great therapy for clients
Cons
Rude staff, poor managment
Read before you apply
Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  TexasNovember 29, 2017
You have to pay for your background check and TB test ($45 out of pocket)

Training is one week, all on a computer. Pay during training is minimum wage. No support during training, trainer had a bad attitude.

They schedule you for two hour sessions but you have to drive two hours to the clients house. Milage reimbursement only happens from the first client to the second client.

If a client cancels and you are already there , they only pay you for 15 mins. Starting pay is $12 an hour.

No direction and bad attitudes.
Ehh
Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXNovember 26, 2017
I loved the idea of this job and the things they believed in. HOWEVER, it was so unorganized that it was so stressful. We got hired and had to wait a month before we could train. Then we had to wait a week after our first day. Then the entire time training we were rushed because they were off schedule and were trying to get us to move along faster learning. It was just a complete mess the entire time and they don't really explain how you get the job and what happens if you don't do well in training. Also, I was BARELY trained in what I was supposed to be trained in before they threw me on my own even after I said I wasn't ready. Super unorganized and complete lack of communication. Also the coworkers were not the friendliest. 5 got hired and only 1 stayed after two months if that says anything.
Waste of time
Behavioral Therapist (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXOctober 31, 2017
I rarely leave reviews on jobs but I have to leave one for CARD. Specifically the Corpus Christi location. DO NOT APPLY. This is a waste of time. I got hired the END of August and I am still currently "in training". So they did not contact us for almost a month after we got hired. We went in for a run down on the job and it was another week until we got training. What they don't tell you is that there are tests after you get employed. They sit you in a dark room by yourself for a week to watch videos that have nothing to do with what you need to know for the job. Then once that is done, you have to take take a written exam. You have 2 times to take it. If you do not pass, you get let go. If you are lucky enough to pass you get to shadow for 2 weeks. Once you get that done you have to pass another test. Throughout the entire time, we had to reschedule almost every other day. I still have not finished my shadowing. Today is Tuesday OCT 31st. On Friday OCT 27th I asked for my schedule for the next week. They couldn't give it to me. They said it was not ready. I was expecting it to be programmed into my iPad by the weekend and still nothing. I contacted the operations manager and she told me she will get back to me. Still I have not gotten anything. The lack of communication between these people is horrid. Another coworker who I got hired with (who was amazing at this job) was told that she passed her final test. Today she got called in asking to bring in her ipad and charger. They told her she failed and is being let go. No explanation as to why she was told two different things.  more...

Out of the 5 people who got hired with me. One made it all the way through. I still have not taken my final exam but at this point I am done .

O and if you do get hired and you leave before a month... you owe them $600 you owe them money if you leave before a year.
Pros
They give away alot of stuff at staff meetings
Cons
Everyrhing else. Especially communication.
Management team needs improved
Therapy Technician (Former Employee) –  Salem, OROctober 25, 2017
The unapproachable management staff makes it extremely difficult to come to with problems and concerns. Feeling like they play their own employees against each other and over look what their favorite workers are doing wrong has caused many problems throughout staff. This office has one of the highest turn over rates in therapist I have ever seen and they don't a good sense of judgement. I love what they provide for the children and I have seen alot of amazing therapist here who go the extra mile for families, but then there is the management staff that make each day uncomfortable and make you feel like a target when you bring the problems to their attention. I loved my position and the children, but the experience with coworkers and management was awful.
Pros
Great services for children
Cons
Unfair management, Favoritism, Nothing done about important issues
Behavioral Therapist
Behavioral Therapist (Current Employee) –  Folsom, CAOctober 2, 2017
As a person wanting to help out the job is great. They work you to the max. It is Mentally and physically draining, management lacks in communication and the OM is not very nice. They can be rude to the parents.Some of the kids can be very aggressive, so prepare for that. The hardest part about leaving was the kids, you get so attached.
worst place to work at!!
therapist (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 22, 2017
Wages are very low and no benefits. They do not care about how many hours their employees are getting as long as they fulfill their client hours. Office manager was unorganized and forgets to mark down your fill-ins. You're expected to be on-call if you didn't mark those time frames off when someone calls in sick. Case manager was disrespectful and arrogant.
Pros
free training and helping autistic kids
Cons
poor management, low wages and time management
Horrible management
Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MASeptember 18, 2017
Horrible management and the company lacks organization. Appointments often changed or cancelled last minute, leaving you without pay. The pay is the same no matter what your education is.
Horrible Management. Dishonest company. Money hungry.
Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAAugust 31, 2017
I worked for CARD in Va bch. I was an employee there before they even had a clinic office. They go through mgt like fireflys. They don't pay you well.
Pros
Paid training, paid meetings
Cons
Horrible management, dishonest, refuses to pay final checks, favoritism, money hungry company.
Great job to begin at if you are starting in this field.
Behavioral Therapist (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAAugust 12, 2017
If you are just starting out in this field and have no college degree, this is the job for you. They are good about training you and having great benefits for certification you'll eventually need to move forward. Other then that, it the worst place to work and if anyone who has a college degree in clinical therapy DO NOT APPLY. They con you out of things you are promised.
Pros
free schooling for certification
Cons
con you out of money and time
positive energy
Behavioral Therapist (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VAJuly 31, 2017
Great supporting team and always ready to help. Working in this environment provided me with desired education needed tp fulfill my duties with my clients.
Fun workplace
Therapist Liaison (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 20, 2017
Typical day at work can be stressful but always worth it. Coworkers were always helpful and willing to lend a hand when you needed it. The OM of our office was the best!
Behavioral Therapist (Current Employee) –  North Hollywood, CAJuly 12, 2017
Admin tries its best but the pay is not worth how much time you put into the company.
Manager does not know what their doing.
Company hires too many people and not enough hours to give.
Stepping stone at best
Mobile Application Developer (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAJune 4, 2017
Upper management fails to treat employees as people on a regular basis. IT has a revolving door on multiple core positions because the company refuses to pay proper wages for the positions. Rampant nepotism makes working with many people quite tiring as a large number of people in management positions do not understand what their department is supposed to do or how to run it efficiently.
Horrible
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 16, 2017
I resigned a stable position for the opportunity to work with autistic children. Training was horrible, no help given, then when I scored 2 points to low on the final exam terminated. Don't quit your job!
Did not pay, at all.
Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 3, 2017
Worked for the company for three months, and they failed to pay me for ten weeks worth of work. No one could give me answers, HR was never available, and eventually they stopped scheduling me. It's been two months since and not a single word from my supervisors. This is the worst company I have ever worked for, and the pay itself was completely unfair. Save yourself the trouble and don't waste time on this terrible company.
Pros
Helped children
Cons
Doesn't pay, management is absolutely terrible, communication between team members is nonexistent
Great for entry level
OM (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaApril 29, 2017
Great for entry level or college grads starting to look for position in either clinical or in operations. Work life balance can be hard on all levels but building relationships and networking is great. The pay is low but again its good for starting out and building resume. The CEO and Directors are great
Pros
Building relationships and growth
Cons
low pay and hard work life balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Center for Autism and Related Disorders, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7