Center for Autism and Related Disorders, Inc.
50Low

Center for Autism and Related Disorders, Inc. Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA8 reviews
Okay at first
On a normal day, you could have 2-5 sessions, depending on how many cases you are assigned to and your availability and other factors. Each session can last from 1-5 hours with 1-1 ABA therapy with a kid. At first it may seem overwhelming having to track every thing the kid does, but after a while you get the hang of it. Some things to think about it the possibility of being put with an aggressive kid and potentially getting hit, scratched, spit on, kicked, and lots more. On the other hand, while working with these kids for a while, you start to see a change in them and honestly, its very rewarding to see that all the therapy hours you put in are paying off.

The one thing I disliked about working here was that the hours were not consistent. You could have 3 sessions in one day each 2 hrs long, but if 2 of those kids cancel for whatever reason and leadership team can't find you a reroute (another kid to go to), you just lost $60 of your paycheck. Another thing about scheduling is that sometimes you get to a kids house and they aren't home or they decide to cancel last minute, no reroute found, so you made a trip all the way out to their house for nothing, and the center doesn't pay you for traveling there. They do pay for wait time, but the max they will pay you for is 15min.

For payed time off, you are required to have been working at the center for at least 90 days. You also are required to work 1 weekend day until a certain amount of time. I believe its 54 weekends. For sick time, you are allotted a certain amount of time for the year.

Overall working here has taught
 - more...
Pros
working with kids, flexible hours, growth within company
Cons
not enough pay, inconsistent hours
Disgusting
STAY AWAY. Especially in the northern Virginia area. The manassas office is run by a racist who makes herself the victim to Corp at every turn and has fired almost everyone unfairly. ALL PEOPLE OF COLOR. The sterling/herdon person doesn’t know what she’s doing. Corp literally doesn’t care about you, what you have to say, and if you try elevating anything they’ll put a target in your back and leadership will be gunning for you to get fired. THE REGIONAL MANAGER WENT TO THREE CENTERS DAYS BEFORE TESTING POSITIVE FOR COVID AND CORP STILL WONT CONFIRM IT WAS HER. Parents stay because of the therapists, we stay because of the kids. And fellow therapists. They LIED about us receiving sick time, placed us on LOAs and the only pay we’re getting is unemployment. This is the tip of the iceberg. Please save yourself the stress and look somewhere else.
Too many bosses
It’s rewarding working with the kids. What bothers everyone is that the company is unorganized and not structured. There is a young 20 something year old with a horrible attitude training new staff, no on site clinical person. The teacher there is a great leader and encourages the staff and I’m not sure why he’s not in charge with all of his experience. Tons of unneeded drama and they do t our employees on time Seems like 5 other people want to be in charge and many are toxic and make it unsettling to come to work with the pay I receive
April 20, 2020
Thank you for sending us your review. Though you feel negative about your experience at CARD, we are pleased that you found changing patient lives valuable. We wish you the best in your future endeavors.
Apply if you just need part time work
CARD is a lot better than other ABA agencies but it is not a place if you are looking for full time work. There were no benefits but they had good training. The co-workers were very nice and the clients are cute.

I had other jobs to supplement the lack of hours but it was stressful driving a lot for little hours. Would only recommend for anyone who is looking for part time work. Pay not great, good experience with special education, hours are weird.
September 20, 2019
Thank you very much for your review.

You had concerns with your schedule. While scheduling is certainly not perfect, we hope that you have been able to communicate with your office’s scheduling team in order to match your location and availability to those of your clients as best as possible. We encourage any feedback in these areas to be communicated to your supervisors, so that we can continue to provide new tools and supports to improve the lives of our therapists as much as possible.
Lack of Everything
It’s comical that this ‘business’ manages to stay afloat despite the way the staff is treated. Clinical training is awful. Talking to the clinical manager is like talking to a brick wall. Pay is terrible. Schedules are completely inconsistent. No job is perfect but this one is complete chaos and the worst part is because the downfalls with the company, the children suffer the most.
Pros
The kids
Cons
Management, pay, schedules
July 26, 2019
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.
We know that you have a demanding and challenging position.

We will review the concerns you mentioned with our management team.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Stressful and Misleading
Starting this job truly had me excited and ready to help the children. The company itself stands for something amazing. However the scheduling is sporadic and if you want a equal work and life balance this isnt the job for. you. I constantly got put on schedule during times I wasnt available and couldn't work. This job gave me so much stress and I started to not enjoy going to work at all. This is all unfortunate because the staff was amazing but that's about it.
Pros
Work environment
Cons
Pay stress
July 26, 2019
Thank you for sending your review.

We're glad to see your description of your team which accurately represents the culture we have as a company.

We understand that when a client cancels a session it can be disruptive to the therapist. Unfortunately there will always be situations in which families need to cancel an appointment. We are consistently reviewing our scheduling practices to ensure the best possible experience for both the families we service and our employees.
Poor management, stressful job and poorest pay
I worked there for few months and realized that company has nothing attractive. Supervisor was very rude and unprofessional. In addition, pay was super low. If we think about the nature of job and look what we are paid, we can say that we are actually working for free for them.
I would not recommend anyone to work there.
Pros
Cons
Poor communication, rude supervisor and poorest payscale
July 3, 2019
Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that your experience at CARD was a negative one.

We would like to comment on the statement regarding pay. Our therapists "working for free" is simply untruthful. Hourly rates vary depending on many factors including location and experience level. Therapists receive mileage reimbursement between all appointments which follows the standard IRS reimbursement rate. We provide free training and course work free of charge. Additionally, it is our priority to offer opportunities to increase pay by making upward mobility easy to obtain, providing training for a variety of credentials, like the BCAT and/or RBT, and our annual increases. These benefits are only some examples to show our appreciation to our therapists. They may even reach out to Operations Managers, Therapist Liaisons, or Clinical Managers for guidance in career advancement or specific pay increase information.
positive energy
Great supporting team and always ready to help. Working in this environment provided me with desired education needed tp fulfill my duties with my clients.