Center for Autism and Related Disorders, Inc.

Center for Autism and Related Disorders, Inc. Employee Reviews

Don't waste precious hours of your life working here
Behavioral Therapist (Current Employee) –  El Cajon, CASeptember 20, 2018
This place is the worst. They reel you in with certain promises but it's all lies. Not a good job for a working mom as they do not care about you or your schedule. Never set hours, they change your schedule as they see fit even after being told numerous times you only want pt hours. In a short period of time you get burnt out as they pile clients on you. They train you by making you sit in a room and watch videos for hours. They do a poor job of communicating. As I had no idea I signed a contract. I plan to finish my year and gain experience and wash my hands of this awful place. They believe in quantity over quality. Not a good place to work if you have a family of your own. As they dont care about your well being. Good job for a college student or someone with a lot of open availability.
Pros
Working with the families and kids
Cons
Disappointing all together
September 25, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We are consistently reviewing our scheduling practices to ensure the best possible experience for both the families we service and our employees. As a company, we make it our mission to ultimately improve the lives of our clients and their loved ones, so allowing our employees to maintain the work/life balance they need is equally valuable to us. Please make sure to communicate your concerns to your Operations Manager so we can address them appropriately. You can also provide more specific information about your issues or any suggestions on how we can improve to StaffResources@centerforautism.com.

Poor training
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORSeptember 18, 2018
I resigned from CARD due to a poor training program which consistiited of 4 days. In the 5 plus months that I was there 11 people left the clinic that I worked at with less than 30 employees that is outrageous and says a lot about CARD and their lack of conviction in seeing that their employees become successful. Additionally on my exit interview I was not given my final check or any information about COBRA just an indication of just how unprofessional they are with their employees. Tip stop the retreats and put money in greatly improving the employee training programs.
Pros
Working with families
Cons
Training
Exceptional Training and True to Mission
Behavior Therapist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 3, 2018
I have worked for CARD a few years, and it is the reason I fell in love with ABA. The training really prepares you for working in the field of ABA (combo of eLearning, role-play, and hands-on overlaps with the patients). It is paid at minimum wage, but it is also super thorough. Incredible supervisors there - dedicated, professional, knowledgeable, and grounded - they constantly jump in to pick up therapy shifts when therapists need coverage, and they are very open to providing feedback and support. And I genuinely love the team there - they are my second family.
On corporate level, I really respect the integrity and mission of the company. They uphold a high standard for clinical quality, and I know the supervisors regularly consult with senior clinicians who have been in the field for 20-25 years. Several of the directors and chief executives are also BCBA's that have been with the company for years, so I genuinely believe they choices are driven by clinical rationale and intergity. Lastly, I really respect that we don't turn kids away based on their age or the severity of their autism. I love CARD and have had a truly wonderful experience there.
Pros
Mission, training, team.
Cons
Pay
Do NOT waste your time working for a company that does not value their employees
Operations Manager, Center (Former Employee) –  VirginiaSeptember 3, 2018
They work you like a dog and upper management/corporate does not value the work their employees put in. Everyone there is replaceable. The salary for Operations Managers is LAUGHABLE. I was told when I signed on with them that I would be given monthly mentor meetings. Well, that never happened. After my annual review, I asked AGAIN to be given a mentor meeting and my Regional Manager said she was too busy this month but would shoot for next month. Gee, glad to know you could make time for me in 2 months?! How kind of you. I would NOT recommend this company to any perspective employee. Don’t waste your time. You will be told a load of lies your first couple of weeks, but they never follow through. Retention at CARD is terrible, and for good reason.
For experience only
Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 1, 2018
It's a great job if you're looking to gain experience. Definitely treat this job as a second job. It's part time and hours are hard to come by. If you give them open availability your schedule will take up full time hours but you'll only get paid part time. Management can be unprofessional at times and shows no respect for therapist.
Pros
Working with children, gaining experience
Cons
Short breaks, Little hours
Very little pay and unreasonable hours
ABA Therapist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 28, 2018
A typical day at work was driving 30 minutes to a kids house and not being paid for it. Then, driving another 30 minutes to the center for a short session of an hour or 2, having a 2 hour break before driving to another session that started at 4 and ended at 7. They only pay for the drive time from one session to another, and it's only minimum wage. But to top it off, you're only being paid a few more dollars for the actual therapy session. I was started at $12.00 and I was told that the only reason I could not be paid more was because of insurance. That is not true. DO NOT WORK HERE.
Overworked and Underpaid
Behavioral Therapist IV, Center (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 28, 2018
To be fair, being a behavioral therapist is a great entry level position. However, the pay was abysmal, regardless of promotion. The salary is not competitive by any means. The company also seems to value quantity over quality and does little to nothing to assure employee loyalty.
Pros
Great work environment, rewarding job, lovely coworkers, much room for growth
Cons
Low pay
A good place to gain experience, but not a home.
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAAugust 27, 2018
As I write this, it has been less than a year since we were told, at a company retreat, that our jobs were not going to be outsourced. Now, after having had my job outsourced, I'm inclined to disbelieve that statement. The team that I worked with in the IT department was great. No complaints whatsoever on that front. However, it seemed like no one else in the company liked our department and the management was just looking for the opportunity to remove us in favor of the offshore team that they could pay a pittance for.
Pros
IT team was excellent and a lot of fun to work with
Cons
Management was poor outside of the department and made foolish decisions to cut costs.
stressful
Behavior Therapist (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAAugust 23, 2018
doesn't pay well for the amount of work you do. Difficult to have a work/life balance. Certain individuals in management are unkind and make your work even more stressful.
Rewarding
Behavior Therapist III (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAAugust 23, 2018
fast paced, high energy, rewarding, flexible schedule throughout the year, mornings, afternoons, and weekends available, multitasking, possibility of career growth
Amazing company
ABA Behavioral Therapist (Current Employee) –  Salem, ORAugust 16, 2018
My job is very rewarding, some days are challenging. But I love it so very much!! Everyday is a blessing being there! And I think everyone there would have to agree with me
Great first job, but limited in opportunities
Behavior Therapist (Current Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAAugust 15, 2018
The workplace is very relaxed and supportive. Lack of hours available even when you are credentialed. Taxing work days. Fun with kids and you're able to advance your knowledge in the field of psychology. However at a point you are unable to move up in the company unless you were to relocate.
Pros
Support from supervisors, easy going staff, fun environment
Cons
Low pay, limited availability of hours, taxing work
September 4, 2018

We appreciate your review and are glad that CARD Chula Vista has been a supportive environment for you to grow in the field of psychology. CARD prides itself in providing career development and advancement for each of our employees. We have several opportunities for growth from therapist expert roles, clinical supervisory roles and opportunities in administrative roles. Please review our career pathway with your Therapist Liaison so you can explore the position you wish to obtain! The work we do to help our patients reach their fullest potential can be challenging and we thank you for being that support in their life.

Poor communication
Corporate Administrative Therapist (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAAugust 13, 2018
Poor communication between admin, therapists, and clients. Poor compensation even for qualified candidates. Frequent internal job postings and opportunities.
Pros
Great coworkers and patients
Cons
lack of communication and compensation
August 15, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback and concerns. We will review this with our management team. We encourage staff to schedule a meeting with the Operations Manager, Therapist Liaison, or Clinical Manger in order to address any concerns staff may have especially regarding communication, pay and growth. We also suggest staff to reach out the Regional Manager for additional support.

Great Co-workers
BT2b Behavioral Technician (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZAugust 8, 2018
they made promises just to get people to agree to hire on. the company as a whole needs to have better management. I love working with the kids and helping them learn. but they need a over haul
Pros
wonderful co workers and great kids.
Cons
no communication bad managment
August 10, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your concerns and feedback. It is our goal at CARD to ensure that all our staff are fully trained and that our patients are receiving the highest quality treatment. We encourage all staff to schedule a meeting with your Operations Manager and Therapist Liaison in order to address any concerns you are having. We also suggest you to additionally reach out to your Regional Manager for support. Thank you again for your time.

Hire too many people and have no hours to give
Behavioral Therapist (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAAugust 8, 2018
They keep hiring new people while they don't have hours or client to give to the ones they hired earlier. Managment is slow when it comes to scheduling. System is good because uses ipad to track everything. Advancement available also
Pros
Ipad system and advancement
Cons
10 or less hours per week
August 10, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your concerns and feedback. It is our goal at CARD to ensure that all our staff are fully trained and that our patients are receiving the highest quality treatment. We encourage all staff to schedule a meeting with their Operations Manager and Therapist Liaison in order to address any concerns you are having especially regarding your schedule and hours. You may utilize our Cover My Session application to add additional sessions to your schedule. We also suggest you to additionally reach out to your Regional Manager for support. Thank you again for your time.

Productive and fun
Behavior Technician (Current Employee) –  Saint Robert, MOAugust 6, 2018
CARD is a great place to work, you get paid minimum wage for training a few weeks and then your starting salary is $12.50. They work with your schedule and do the best they can.
Pros
Nice kids
August 8, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We truly appreciate all that you do for your local clinic. The service that you provide to our patients makes impact on not only them, but their families as well.

Ok
Behavioral Technician (Current Employee) –  Richmond, CAJuly 26, 2018
Challenging learned that there are a lot of things that are needed in order to conducts a proper clinical therapy session as well as ha unfortunately knowledge in confidential protocol
July 30, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your concerns and feedback. First, we truly appreciate all that you did for your local clinic. The service that you provide to our patients makes impact on not only them, but their families as well. It is our goal at CARD to ensure that all our staff are fully trained and that our patients are receiving the highest quality treatment. We encourage all staff to schedule a meeting with their Operations Manager, Therapist Liaison, or Clinical Manger in order to address any concerns.

Card
Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA), Therapist (Current Employee) –  Hartsdale, NYJuly 26, 2018
Its Great, everyone is very supportive. Everything is face paced and great. Typical day is being with your kiddos and giving them the attendance and attention they need.

Work Life
Behavior Therapist (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJuly 25, 2018
Predominantly worked one on one with clients who have autism. Excellent fulfilling job, but can cause serious burnout. All staff is accommodating to new hires.
July 30, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

This was the worst job ever
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAJuly 25, 2018
As an operations manager you are treated like a work horse with no appreciation or room to grow in your career. The favoritism is UNBEARABLE. Not to mention the lack of professionalism.(Seeing the CEO get wasted at a company retreat was tacky)
Pros
a handful of hardworking BCBA's just trying to help the kids
Cons
Too many to list..but biggest is CORPORATE management
July 30, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. It is our goal at CARD to ensure that all our staff feel welcome and valued. We appreciate your concerns and will be reviewing this with our management department. We wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Center for Autism and Related Disorders, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about