Center for Disability Rights Employee Reviews

Home health aide
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Geneva, NYSeptember 11, 2018
I enjoyed helping others with their needs. I am a happy person . I'm a very good worker. I enjoyed making sure my clients were comfortable and happy. I love my job
Pros
Helping others
Cons
Health care
Very bad human resource department, low pay.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Canandaigua, NYSeptember 10, 2018
Not a good company to work for. Low pay for amount of work, horrible human resource department, and no room for career advancement. Would not reccomend
place that really cares not only for there employees but for there clients to
Consumer Medical Aide (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 24, 2018
I love the 1 on 1 care of someone with disabilities, and I love the experience of helping them achieve a goal that I can help them to get to and the way it impacts there lives
Pros
getting to know 1 on 1
Cons
clients pass away
Interesting enviroment
Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Geneva, NYAugust 23, 2018
Ok job for those who are interested in health care can be rewarding for an individual of that desire.a career that pays off in time benefits are great.
Pros
Hours were shared
Cons
Miscommunication
learning experience
Personal Care Attendant (PCA) (Former Employee) –  Geneva, NYJune 20, 2018
It was a learning experience and fun at times due to travel, but it also depended on who you were required to take care of the shifts were long and the travel took you away from your family.
Cdr
Aide (Former Employee) –  Corning, NYMay 18, 2018
Enjoyed working for them. Good company and even better clients. Loved what I did. Worked in my clients home everyday. Worked with other caregivers as well.
The client
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 15, 2018
The client was cool to work with it was the mother that was the issue and due to the nature the client was a minor the supervisor was the mom.. So the experience working with the client was like i said cool enjoyable to be around, i looked at life different in the aspect of being around someone who has autism and an indivdual with development disability.. I understand now on why a indivdual will act out in a way of not intentional....
Pros
You"ll be in there personal home
Cons
Low pay
Good benefits, but bizarre workplace
System Administrator and Web Programmer (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 12, 2018
It's all about the mission, to the point of neglecting staff, HR, and Financial concerns. Pace is relaxed, but the CEO has too much power, and tries to micro-manage everything, but fails to keep good employees and chases away temps. Benefits are good for full-time salaried staff.
rewarding job
Personal care aide (Former Employee) –  Geneva, NYApril 30, 2018
Center for Disability Rights is a great company who helps individuals with disabilities. I was a PCA for two years. The pay wasn't great but it kept me on my feet, and it was overall a very rewarding job. I would love to work for CDR as a Care manager or Service Coordinator someday. The families I know, including my own who use the CD-PAS system are very grateful for the services available.
Pros
able to work up to 72 hours a week
Cons
low pay
Management Not Interested in Employees or Profits
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 28, 2018
The CEO is only interested in Advocacy and ignores all other depts. The business in not viable and should be closed due to poor performance and bad employee moral. Need to hire and train more qualified candidates for success.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, Low pay and few Benefits
it is ok to work there but management is very negative
Finance Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 18, 2018
Very negative work environment. The hours are not to my liking. The company is great for people with disabilities. They go on trips and fight for people with disabilities. That is a really great for the community.
very busy, often rewarding, sometimes frustrating
Supervisor Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Geneva, NYFebruary 17, 2018
I enjoy the team atmosphere. I really enjoy the mission of the agency. I feel there needs to be a little more oversight between departments.
It is a growing agency and the caseloads are getting too big.
Pros
team atmoshere
Cons
really busy
Quality of life
Personal Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYFebruary 14, 2018
I loved working for this agency as well, I mean my typical day of work was being sure that I was able to help residents perform actvities of daily living. Being that you were in people houses, at times there may be a time where a resident would try to see if they can make you perform job duties that were not a requirement and then when you can't perform the job duties of there liking that may not want you to come back so hours can be lost. What I enjoyed the most is being there for others.
Pros
Choosing your own hours.
Cons
Being accepted for a job, being it was all up to who chose you. It was a CDPAS program.
Not a very good place to work at all.
Nurses Aid (Current Employee) –  Geneva, NYFebruary 5, 2018
The problem isn't the house I work at it is the CDR company, you are a single mother and expect to get your paycheck on time, this job is not for you, at the start of the job I made 10$/ he when I first started in (2017, when minimum wage here was $9.70, so only 30 cents more, but when minimum wage went up to $10.40 we didn't get any more $, so now I got an increase of 40 cents in my check per hour, but now I also make minimum wage) they are mouthy and moody at the office in Geneva NY poor excuse for people who work with the public! If i didn't absolutely love my clients I would be out in a heartbeat to look for something different!
Great Work for students
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Geneva, NYJanuary 10, 2018
First you have to find a cliant to work for. After that is done, then you will be able to see weather you can care for such person or persons. After that you go to work.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Clientele
The best work experience
CDPAP (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 6, 2018
I enjoy this job because the one on one with the clients I have. I enjoy working with others and this company provides that great experience your looking for when your doing one on one care. ive been with the company for about 5 years now and the benefits are great.
Flexible job to fit any lifestyle.
Personal Attendant (Former Employee) –  Geneva, NYJanuary 3, 2018
This job was flexible with the opportunity to choose your own clients. Work duties were easily completed and opportunity for new clients was available.
It was a good job
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYDecember 7, 2017
It had great benefits I enjoyed my clients I worked for, the pay wasn't too bad. The only thing was I wished I didnt get paid every two weeks I wish it was every week.
Pros
Good benfits
Cons
Getting paid every two weeks
n/a
Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 1, 2017
at the time working for CDR. I was new to this field. I learned a lot form the individual about their health concerns and medicines. This wanted me to learn more about this field.
Productive and Learning Environment
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  497 Lake AvenueOctober 16, 2017
I worked as a Back Up PCT for 4 PCT for a Quadriplegic Patient w/Tracheatomy that required 24 hr. Extentive Care and Supervision. He also required monthly visits from a Registered Nurse so I also learned how to PickLine.It was a Real Learning Experience.