Center for Disability Rights Employee Reviews

Supervisor Support Specialist
Supervisor Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Geneva, NYNovember 29, 2018
No support from management. Back stabbing is a strong part of the culture. This place is run as if the leadership is trying to burn it to the ground. No Help and old equipment to work with. They are only interested in Advocating and all the other program they live it to the air.
Pros
Get to help people.
Cons
No help from managment.
Wonderful experiences
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Geneva, NYNovember 15, 2018
Giving the opportunity to prove that you do not have to become a certified nurse assistant "although it may help with certain techniques" to help people indeed and it has been a wonderful experience
Pros
Able to find your own client
Cons
Not enough clients that you are able to help in your town of state
Horrible place to work
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NY 14608November 5, 2018
No support from management. Back stabbing is a strong part of the culture. This place is run as if the leadership is trying to burn it to the ground. Keep in mind many of the reviews you see on this site are left by aides who are not directly employed by CDR. Most of the positive reviews you find are written from the perspective of people who are working directly with clients in the role of supervisor.

For the employee working in house, prepare to be inundated with new and potential clients whom you will not be able to provide the necessary time and attention to due to extraneous issues outside of your realm of operations.
Pros
Some of your co-workers are excellent and the clients you work with are awesome
Cons
Not given the tools necessary to serve the clients you are assigned, constantly letting them down because of the organizational nightmare.
I love it
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 29, 2018
It’s a great company, just very hard to find attendants which complicates things for the clients. I like that you can have one or seven clients, and can help out as much as you’d like.
Slow
Aide (Current Employee) –  New York StateSeptember 27, 2018
The job is to slow paced I’m always looking for something to do I’m always bored I’m not one to just sit around I personally think the clients need something more for us aides to do it’s just not enough for me
Home health aide
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Geneva, NYSeptember 11, 2018
I enjoyed helping others with their needs. I am a happy person . I'm a very good worker. I enjoyed making sure my clients were comfortable and happy. I love my job
Pros
Helping others
Cons
Health care
Very bad human resource department, low pay.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Canandaigua, NYSeptember 10, 2018
Not a good company to work for. Low pay for amount of work, horrible human resource department, and no room for career advancement. Would not reccomend
place that really cares not only for there employees but for there clients to
Consumer Medical Aide (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 24, 2018
I love the 1 on 1 care of someone with disabilities, and I love the experience of helping them achieve a goal that I can help them to get to and the way it impacts there lives
Pros
getting to know 1 on 1
Cons
clients pass away
Interesting enviroment
Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Geneva, NYAugust 23, 2018
Ok job for those who are interested in health care can be rewarding for an individual of that desire.a career that pays off in time benefits are great.
Pros
Hours were shared
Cons
Miscommunication
learning experience
Personal Care Attendant (PCA) (Former Employee) –  Geneva, NYJune 20, 2018
It was a learning experience and fun at times due to travel, but it also depended on who you were required to take care of the shifts were long and the travel took you away from your family.
Cdr
Aide (Former Employee) –  Corning, NYMay 18, 2018
Enjoyed working for them. Good company and even better clients. Loved what I did. Worked in my clients home everyday. Worked with other caregivers as well.
The client
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 15, 2018
The client was cool to work with it was the mother that was the issue and due to the nature the client was a minor the supervisor was the mom.. So the experience working with the client was like i said cool enjoyable to be around, i looked at life different in the aspect of being around someone who has autism and an indivdual with development disability.. I understand now on why a indivdual will act out in a way of not intentional....
Pros
You"ll be in there personal home
Cons
Low pay
Good benefits, but bizarre workplace
System Administrator and Web Programmer (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 12, 2018
It's all about the mission, to the point of neglecting staff, HR, and Financial concerns. Pace is relaxed, but the CEO has too much power, and tries to micro-manage everything, but fails to keep good employees and chases away temps. Benefits are good for full-time salaried staff.
rewarding job
Personal care aide (Former Employee) –  Geneva, NYApril 30, 2018
Center for Disability Rights is a great company who helps individuals with disabilities. I was a PCA for two years. The pay wasn't great but it kept me on my feet, and it was overall a very rewarding job. I would love to work for CDR as a Care manager or Service Coordinator someday. The families I know, including my own who use the CD-PAS system are very grateful for the services available.
Pros
able to work up to 72 hours a week
Cons
low pay
Management Not Interested in Employees or Profits
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 28, 2018
The CEO is only interested in Advocacy and ignores all other depts. The business in not viable and should be closed due to poor performance and bad employee moral. Need to hire and train more qualified candidates for success.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, Low pay and few Benefits
it is ok to work there but management is very negative
Finance Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 18, 2018
Very negative work environment. The hours are not to my liking. The company is great for people with disabilities. They go on trips and fight for people with disabilities. That is a really great for the community.
very busy, often rewarding, sometimes frustrating
Supervisor Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Geneva, NYFebruary 17, 2018
I enjoy the team atmosphere. I really enjoy the mission of the agency. I feel there needs to be a little more oversight between departments.
It is a growing agency and the caseloads are getting too big.
Pros
team atmoshere
Cons
really busy
Quality of life
Personal Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYFebruary 14, 2018
I loved working for this agency as well, I mean my typical day of work was being sure that I was able to help residents perform actvities of daily living. Being that you were in people houses, at times there may be a time where a resident would try to see if they can make you perform job duties that were not a requirement and then when you can't perform the job duties of there liking that may not want you to come back so hours can be lost. What I enjoyed the most is being there for others.
Pros
Choosing your own hours.
Cons
Being accepted for a job, being it was all up to who chose you. It was a CDPAS program.
Not a very good place to work at all.
Nurses Aid (Current Employee) –  Geneva, NYFebruary 5, 2018
The problem isn't the house I work at it is the CDR company, you are a single mother and expect to get your paycheck on time, this job is not for you, at the start of the job I made 10$/ he when I first started in (2017, when minimum wage here was $9.70, so only 30 cents more, but when minimum wage went up to $10.40 we didn't get any more $, so now I got an increase of 40 cents in my check per hour, but now I also make minimum wage) they are mouthy and moody at the office in Geneva NY poor excuse for people who work with the public! If i didn't absolutely love my clients I would be out in a heartbeat to look for something different!
Great Work for students
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Geneva, NYJanuary 10, 2018
First you have to find a cliant to work for. After that is done, then you will be able to see weather you can care for such person or persons. After that you go to work.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Clientele