Center for Employment Opportunities Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Busy workplace with variety of coworkers
Crew Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 15, 2018
Tasks to be completed day to day would vary. Fun, fast-paced work environment. Learned how to better work with others. Management was on top of things.
Just a job
General Laborer (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 28, 2018
There's no advancement opportunities. Something to do to keep a pay check to pay bills. Raises are basically non existent. It's a temporary place to work. However, a job developer work there and try to help people find better job placement.
Pros
Learn many different job skills
Cons
No health insurance or paid vacation
Useful and resourceful.
Crew Worker (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 25, 2018
I feel that they help temporary and give the on job experience to move forward and maintain full time employment. I enjoy working there and would recommend it to anyone looking for temporary work.
fun place to work
Crew Worker (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 25, 2018
no benefits currently. nice staff, flex schedule, i just wish i can plug in more without being locked out of Data, its vert hard to obtain a site to work at.
relaxed enviornment
Landscaping Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 20, 2018
Day's are relaxing by working with and for people who are easy to get along with. I learned while working here the importance of keeping our enviornment clean for the children and eldery due to reasons of drug bags, bottles, etc. being left on the surface which can cause harm to the community at large. The management team is excellent and know how to communicate without being arrogant and just seem to have a genuine care and concern for their coworkers and employees which allow you to feel as though you are a part of the team even when you know that it is a temporary job. The hardest part of the job and knowing that when you are working in parks where murders take place you by chance may happen to find a dead body. Although this never took place as far as I know you have to understand that this may be something you may run in to. The most enjoyable part of the job was being out in the nice weather working with people who really wanted to work and make a difference although others may never notice it.
Pros
van service meets at pick up spot next to public transportation
Cons
not being aware of how many days a week you would get to work
Great Place to work
Employment Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAApril 18, 2018
Rewarding Job for the right fit. A typical day includes meeting with participants individually by appointment. Follow Up on success with locating employment for each participant, canvass in your own car for potential employers to hire participants.
Pros
Culture/Community Service
Cons
Low pay for the work
good work environment and respectful co- workers
Crew Worker (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 12, 2018
A typical day at work is very relaxed and calm , I've learned a lot about being kind , respectful , trusting , and learned a lot about patience my supervisors were all respectful and helpful . The job was a good place to work at even thou sometimes the supervisors depending on where you worked can be a little hard on you . Although in the end its all worth it and a great learning experience .
Pros
good learning experience
Cons
short breaks
Good places to work at
Crew Worker (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 12, 2018
Good places to work at. Learning new trades and gathering life skills. Also help you find steady work. Work in schools and in the court houses in the five Borroughs.
Pros
Different places to work
Cons
Having to call in for work
great help
Landscaper (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 9, 2018
very helpful good working environment helps u find full time job expand your career helps u build and more also helps u with getting ready with interviews and more
It's a fun work in place you will be able to get along with everybody and do your job without having any problems
Landscaping for CEO (Former Employee) –  Rochester New YorkApril 8, 2018
Well I was there for a year I was cool with my co-workers like sponsor my managers I didn't have a problem when I was there I just went to work did my job went home it was fun for me learning new stuff as I go along working on the sites different sites doing different things I liked it but it was a temporary job so couldn't stay yeah it was fun to me
Pros
No free lunches got to buy your own lunch
Cons
130 minute break
Productive environment
Crew Worker (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 6, 2018
I find CEO to be a productive workplace where the employees take and active interest in their respective duties. They project an atmosphere of achievement and responsibility
Comfortable working environment
Scheduling & data assistant (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAApril 5, 2018
Working environment was very up-beat and co-workers and management seemed to work together for the common good of the company's goals. Pay was not the best as the business was a non-profit organization. But training is provided to bring new hires up to par. Overall it was a pleasurable experience.
Pros
Working environment
Cons
Salary
Productive hard work enjoyable, relax able to do job.
Landscaper (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 3, 2018
My overall view working with the Center for Employment Opportunities are very manageable. It is hard work you learned the skills that any job will have you doing working hard. I enjoy waking up every morning knowing i'm about to go to work at center for employment opportunities. Although, the its hard work at the end of the day I feel its all worth the experience. The work place is culture diverse which is an it experience in its on. A typical day at work is having fun while you work, safety is a must, our supervisors do not except unsafe environments, techniques, or conditions. In all this is the most enjoyable job i have ever had. I thank God everyday for the Center for Employment Opportunities.
Pros
I get to experience different restaurants to eat at, dental, eye, benefits are great considering its a temporary job.
Cons
do not offer medical, as far a family physicians, Medical care, physicals.
Kalii
Crew Maintenance Member (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 27, 2018
Nice work invirionmentb ,,felony freiendly, there is a lot of nice people thatt work there .they strive daily to get you permenant work and will stop at nothing even after a job is found for you ...also they help get you clothing for interveiws
Friendly
Landscaper/construction worker (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 23, 2018
Everyone work at a fast pace and we all get along we most always follow the work safey tips and we must get what ever project were asign done by the end of the day
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Short breaks
Everything look cool
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 23, 2018
I like the review it’s seem like everything’s cool and set up right I like working here because they gave me a opportunitie when no one else will and we help the environment
good starting job
Laborer/Helper (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAMarch 5, 2018
good training and good hours worked in dangerous work environments coworkers where helpful, good supervisor, work equipment was always available when needed
Pros
trainings
Cons
dangerous work sites
Could be better
Educator (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAFebruary 23, 2018
Good work, low pay, poor management. This is a great place to work if you have the passion for helping people. The hardest part of the job is getting a very small check. the best part of the position is having a the opportunities to watch positive change at work.
nice place to work
Highway Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAFebruary 20, 2018
it was just a temporary job with not enough hours. I was working 1 - 3 days a week. the management was really nice. I loved working there but the job was over.
Very good work place.
Maintenance Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 8, 2018
Its a very good work place for the simple fact that it helps you learn differnt things without taking a coarse or something. Like using chainsaws or forklifts etc.