Center for Employment Opportunities Employee Reviews

Very Professional Organization
CEO (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 11, 2018
Really good working environment. Rapid growth and flexible working schedule. I really still am very honored to be working with CEO. I hope that they do create a specific program that focuses on the Young Adults, employment around their court mandate. Great environment and opportunity to grow as the organization is growing.
Paid Community Service
Road Crew Member - Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 5, 2018
This company is only temporary and you receive minimum wage just to do community service work. There's really not much more I can say about this company.
i enjoy working here because they help me out a lot
Maintenance Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 27, 2018
i enjoy working here because they help me out a lot each of the people in the office and on the work sigh are helpful. i was able to get clothes for interviews
working with others
Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 15, 2018
Learning to manage time with different activities an duties that had to be done. Fun enviroment helping people getting things cleaned an organized for the next day.
Excellent start if you're desiring to enter the reentry field
Life Skills Educator/Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CASeptember 13, 2018
Enjoyed working with the participants and their families. Extensive work with CBO's and agencies involved with reentry. Also worked with local and state agencies.
productive and fun place to work
Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 12, 2018
the participates are able to select the work site which is a tremendous benefit. staff are always willing to assist the participates to secure permanent job opportunities.
The Staff
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CA.September 5, 2018
Best place I have ever worked at the take there time and really help you in job search for what you want to do. Helped me go back to College so I can go further in life the support there as crew member was amazing. They never judged you. The manger and staff were really helpful
Pros
Bus Tokens
Cons
Sometimes got to hot in the summer
Crew Worker (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYAugust 28, 2018
Center of opportunities was just that I opportunity to stay out of trouble at that time in my life. It was the work I needed when no one else would hire me!
Helping client to gain an employment.
CASE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CA 95202August 22, 2018
CEO is contracted for Cal Works program through San Joaquin county/ HSA. Provided Welfare to Work for the low income Welfare recipients for Voc/training and employment service.
Pros
Non profit organizations.
Cons
15 min break twice per bay.
Quick paced and strong team enviroment
Crew Worker (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 22, 2018
In the culture of Center of Employment Opportunities on each site theres 7 crew members working on site and 2 supervisors the most. The hardest part of the job is smelling the garbage. What i learned on the job is how to use the compactor. My main focus of the job is to have great energy to perform a great day at work.
Decent Company
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 22, 2018
Friendly, too friendly staff. Very clique/high school workplace culture Lots of morale and various special events in the sense to create a company morale. Worked 4 different positions so there are opportunities to grow and move around but only for select candidates who go the extra mile. No pay raises, benefits subpar but actual work tasks are not difficult.
Good job
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 17, 2018
The job is a great way to keep one active and in a positive mind set. I have enjoyed working here because the staff are heplful and friendly. I recommend it highly to those looking for money in between jobs.
Fun place to work
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 15, 2018
I work a variety of duties during the course day. This includes lifting, cleaning and preparing job sites, loading materials, and using a variety of tools and machines.

I use forklifts, levels, lifts, power tools, saws, pressure washers, and water spraying equipment.

The most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with other people and completing my work assignments.
Pros
pleasant working environment
Cons
no health insurance
It’s a good place if you need a job quickly
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 11, 2018
Overall it’s a great place to work but it’s only temporary. Being exposed to city and state employment opportunities. Co-workers are very dedicated and hard workers..
Pros
Great Co-Workers
Cons
Temporary Placement
Loving every minute of it
Work Crew Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 10, 2018
Great company. Management is awesome. Very appreciative. The company is a huge benefit to those looking for a second chance outside of the prison system.
For the most part it was fun and yet productive
Crew Worker (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 7, 2018
At CEO we switched work sites maybe on a daily but it was cool because it keeps you on your toes and you also get to meet alot of different people.
I worked mainly in NYCHA while I worked CEO but i have also worked inside court buildings.
Pros
Meet new people, CEO help with client gain certain certifications
Cons
Only temporaryp
Great
Retention specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 2, 2018
Very fun and chill enviroment although a lot of work. Try to treat everyone especially clients with respect. Beware of becoming to social this will create conflicts with work. Be on time and always try to smile.
Productive and offers job opportunities for those with limited job experience
Construction Worker/Helper (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 28, 2018
I learned all safety habits for the work place, the job assignments insightfuland the management are truly willing to help. The job assignments are not difficult, the work culture is motivating and the most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the staff and employees.
Pros
Free training offered
Cons
Part time only
Good Company but Could Pay a Bit More
N/A (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 23, 2018
I love this company, the culture, the people, how family oriented it is and how we help people. I just would ask for a little bit more per year in salary. I think all staff should get a raise each fiscal year. We all work hard.
Pros
Family oriented, helps participants get jobs, company culture
Cons
Salary needs increasing amongst all staff.
i think ceo is a good work place
Maintenance Crew Member (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 21, 2018
I like ceo but the only bad thing is its only 3 days a week but the work is easy and its a lot of down time so your days go by fast. I like working the night better then working in the day at ceo