Center for Family Services Employee Reviews

Not what I expected
Family Partner (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJNovember 25, 2019
the people are very disrespectful, unprofessional, and tend to treat employees unfair Working here feels like I'm in high school all over again. I love what the program is about but we need a person that can run it with love and be professional at the same time.
The pay isn't good because they expect so much from you for a wage you cant live of off.
A typical day of work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJNovember 13, 2019
My position was of a neighborhood ally. I would go door to door and connect families to free services in the city such as help with food or after school programs.
Fun Place to work
Drug and Alcohol Counselor (Former Employee) –  Williamstown, NJNovember 3, 2019
Managed well. Caseload. Good working hours. The working environment is great. Pay is comparable to other companies. Appropriate. Overall, it is a fun place to work.
Horrible manager and director Woodbury
Job coach (Former Employee) –  WoodburyNovember 3, 2019
Backstabbing, nasty director who talked down to staff. The manager was not good because she followed whatever the director did. People started quitting left and right when they both joined the company. The best part of the job was working with the young clients. Very rewarding.
This company is amazing.
Parent Educator (Current Employee) –  Meadville, PAOctober 12, 2019
Great work environment, my co-workers and director are wonderful, could not ask for a better group of people.. This company has many different programs. And everyone works as a team.
Pros
Flexible work schedual
Productive and Easy Going Work Environment
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Surprise, AZSeptember 18, 2019
This Job is a very productive and easy going work environment. Every job has its pros and cons. However, this job gives you a sense of gratefulness to be able to work with developed mentally disabled patients, who need caregivers and genuine caring staff to grow a bond with them and can rely on you for physically and mental support.
Great place of employment to build and enhance skills.
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJSeptember 15, 2019
Great place of employment to build and enhance skills. The agency allows and supports independent working along with opportunities to learn and grow. Fellow employees are friendly and open to assist if needed. Great place to work!
Great place to work for what is required. Would definitely work there again.
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Surprise, AZSeptember 13, 2019
Three group homes run by the same family with a total of 7 clients. Excellent job security for those willing and able to do the work. Flexible work schedules.
Great Place to Work
Intern (Former Employee) –  Glassboro, NJAugust 28, 2019
If you are looking to work in the social services field, Center for Family Services is a great place to start. At the shelter I interned with, I was exposed to many of the agencies and people involved in this field. The managerial staff were very helpful, and often introduced me to people in the agency I was most interested in. Through my internship with Center for Family Services, I found my niche.
Good Company
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Northfield, NJAugust 25, 2019
I really enjoyed to work for that company. They have excellent team work. And employees received a good training. This is a good place for work. Definitely I will recommend that place.
Working here
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJAugust 13, 2019
It was stressful and managment didn't really do a good job. And wasn't any team work. It wasn't so great. That is why I left the company to find a better place .
Overall all great company to work for.
Family Assistant Aide, (Family First Program) (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJAugust 7, 2019
I enjoy working for CFS. I have been working for this company going on 5 months now. The staff are very supportive. The program I work for helps women or mothers with their recovery. I assist the women or mothers with Transportaion and childcare if they need those services.
Great Career but hours are difficult
Behavior Technician (Current Employee) –  Voorhees, NJJuly 27, 2019
I really like working per diem and getting to work around my personal schedule. But with any grant funded company it's difficult to sit back and wait for referrals and approval from insurance to get more cases. Not a job that can be held on its own. One must work multiple jobs to make ends meat.
Youth Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJuly 21, 2019
Worked here for many years and the truth is they are not worried about the employees having a good pay. All the grants get disbursed to new programs and the higher up Management.
5 STAR Community Mental Health Organization!!
Outpatient, LCSW (Current Employee) –  Absecon, NJJuly 9, 2019
I GIVE CFS 5***** I am employed full-time as an OP therapist. The work culture is excellent. It is a professional and supportive environment. It has felt like home to me. I have gained confidence in may ability to to provide psychotherapy to person's with MH challenges, environmental stressors, often both. I am appreciated and my work is rewarding. I cannot say enough about the staff!! Everyone goes above and beyond. CFS has remained true to their mission. The most enjoyable aspect of the job is working with like-minded people who support you. Also, the management is excellent. The most difficult or challenging and demanding aspect of the job is paperwork, but that is to be expected in this type of an organization. Cons: No tuition reimbursement or PTO for classes or training and no paperwork time built into your schedule.
Relaxed ,Diverse
Certified Recovery Specialist (Current Employee) –  New JerseyJune 5, 2019
Wonderful place to work very diverse workforce, Your Supervisors actually care about you and the people the company serves. They care about employees well being and wellness.
Pros
Diverse
Cons
Slow Pace at times
great place to work
Certified Peer Recovery Specialist (Current Employee) –  Williamstown, NJJune 3, 2019
pleasent working eviorment, i continue my education with thier support financally and the most rewarding part is the ability to help someone have a better life
Pros
help with education
Cons
no overtime
The best work place
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJMay 31, 2019
the best work place ever the pay rate the daily hours the location the staff the benefits everything about the services to the public makes it great..
Good people, good place to work, great mission
Intern- Outpatient Counseling (Former Employee) –  Voorhees, NJMay 27, 2019
I only interned at Center for Family Services but I learned a lot and enjoyed my time there very much. They offer competetive salary and benefits as well as a pleasant atmosphere. If I could find the right position or opportunity there, I would definitely like to return.
Pros
Opportunities for growth and advancement
twisted management
Peer Recovery Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJMay 26, 2019
Unsupportive management when you have concerns about your direct supervisor. Unsupportive HR. HR frequently made mistakes regarding paychecks. Upper management plays favorites.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
management, 35 hr work week, no OT

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Center for Family Services. Our community is ready to answer.