Center for Family Support Employee Reviews

Great Company
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 25, 2019
Love this company wonderful place to work.I was so unhappy when I decided to leave I know that anyone that has the opportunity to work with this company will be happy they made that decision.
Benefits
Cons
Time management
A stressful place to work
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 23, 2019
The overall moral is steadily on the decline. Promotions and raises are given to those in the inner circle, or who is well liked. A stressful and unhealthy place to work. No career advancement.
Use to be a good place to work ...not anymore
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 15, 2019
No increases for the the last nine years; Management is who you like or if you are in their click..

Longevity employees are leaving back to back; no longer a good place to work.

Change upper Management and bring in fresh and innovative progressive people where your voice can be heard.
good work atmosphere
Community Habilitation Worker (Former Employee) –  Floral Park, NYMarch 18, 2019
I loved working for CFS but I had to switch agencies due to the adults I worked for switching. Pay was definitely unsustainable for living in NY as a single independent.
Fun learn a lot enjoyed meeting individuals
Medical Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 19, 2019
Working at Cfs was a fun learning adventure I’m so glad I was able to meet so many individuals I learned so much about so many of them I’ve learnt that every one there has their own way of learning.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
So many people left
it was a pleasure to help them live better lives
Medical Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 8, 2018
my duties were to help low function individuals with their day to day needs. I seen to their doctors appointments, as well as given them their daily medication.
Pros
i enjoyed seeing them happy with my services
Cons
raises were not often
Educational,
Director Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Harlem, NYNovember 26, 2018
Company assured state certifications in medication administration, client care, and protection techniques for our individuals as well as employees. Employees were CPR Trained and trainef in Diabetes mef8cation and administration. .
Pros
Excellent supervision
Cons
May get stuck working a double shift due to late call in.
Its all about who you know and if you fit in
Program Manager: Duties include: On Call 24 Hrs. (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 25, 2018
Busy work day, workplace is all about who you know and if you fit in. Lack of support from upper management, only if they like you. Lots of training. Excellent Investigative training.
Pros
flexible hours, different locations available to work
Cons
upper Management are bias
home and outdoors
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 1, 2018
a typical day at work was laid back, individuals were independent and we were there to assist with whatever task seem difficult to them we use to go out to places and we would be singing in the car and enjoyin the view it was never a dull day I really miss those guys they became family
relaxing/stress
DSP1 (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 6, 2018
at the start of my shift I will make sure residents clean like guys room, see who in resident ,go on the computer and see what is the out come for the previous shift and see who get medication or if any changes regarding medication update in the computer.
Pros
anonymously
Cons
anonymously
it was awosome
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  263 teaneck njAugust 29, 2018
I have learned how to relate with my clients when the are having a bad and stressful day at work and when they are sick. The hardest part of this job is when one client behaves so bad and wants to run away at night. I work by myself during the night and feels so scarily when he just wakes up and start acting up in the middle of the night. if have to call my manager of which sometimes she is sleeping and wont pick her phone. The most enjoyable part of my job is when we are celebrating their birthdays and thanksgiving
Productive and learning environment
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 15, 2018
Residential setting for people with disabilities, patience is one thing that you learn with flexibility and the opportunity for advancement, and continued education. Team work oriented and one could spent most day out in the community. The hardest part of the job is being committed.
Pros
community inclusions
Cons
good
Community Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 9, 2018
my overall rating at the Center for family Support was great, the management team was very flexible with me.The culture provide me was very good. the hardest part of the job came when I retire. I would recommend Center for Family support to a friend.
Work Life
Residential Manager (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJJuly 27, 2018
It was a Great Place to work and learn. Work life balance was great. The company really cares for their clients and the family of the clients. Trips were really client focused
Good job but low pay
Disability Aide (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 4, 2018
We should be getting paid more. It's a good job but we're just not making enough to cover more than the basics. We should be getting paid way more than we are.
they were cut throat
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 20, 2018
the managers had favorites. If they had a issue with you they would cut your hours. find ways to demote you. There were some managers that were very nice but them there were others who were not meant to work with individuals with develop mental disabilities..
Pros
there were none
Cons
free lunch
Productive and fun work place
Day Habilitation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 30, 2018
Co workers were very collaborative. Supervisior was very helpful.the environment was just full of great energy. It was amazing working for the center for family support
Pros
Interacting with amazing children
Cons
No cons
work day
Community Support Staff (CSS) (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJMay 21, 2018
excellent place to work never know how your day will turnout to be. You will meet new people with different personalities. Also they have all different type of clients.
Toxic and Stressful
Accountant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 1, 2018
It’s a revolving door in the finance dept with very high staff turnover. The working hours are painfully long and almost noexistent life-work balance. The management is very condescending and demeaning to staff. Frequent Power strips by Director and his micromanagent / yelling is overbearing. Failing company with no prospect of salary raises or promotion.
Pros
Nonprofit
Cons
Long working hours, abusive, favoritism
stressful
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 18, 2018
this job has its up and downs. they don't really give you the credit you desire. i understand the individuals need our help but the supervisor are no that great at helping their staff. barely answers phone calls. basically they don't support you when you have a hard case. sometimes you cant work a case because the individual refuses service and you don't get paid for the day. over all this company needs more improvements.
Pros
Paid lunch break
Cons
low pay