Center for Human Development Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Trabajo sencillo pero importante
Direct Care Staff (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAJune 30, 2018
Buena area de trabajo en me gusta trabajar con jóvenes removidos de los hogares. Aunque a veces se caldean un poco los ánimos (demasiadas hormonas juntas). El ambiente laboral es uno relajado. La cultura de CHD me fascina dan adiestramiento pagos por todo. Un poco difícil el proceso de comenzar a trabajar, pero es comprensible por la población con la que se trabaja. No me gusta mucho que paguen a 12.00 pero puede ser peor. También hay que usar el carro propio y se tardan en pagar el millaje. Espero que me paguen.
Pros
Ambiente relajado y poca carga de trabajo
Cons
hay que usar el carro personal y se puede pagar mas.
soso
Second cook (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAJune 25, 2018
The place was great working opportunity, however the kitchen wars were getting tiresome, everyone want to be a chief and no Indians. I all set with working in that location however I would work other locations.
Good Place to Work
Community Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTJune 17, 2018
My experience in CHD is very educational due to I learn everything I know about Case Management. However, the schedule is not help the employee to have a balance between personal life end work.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
break
Helping youth?
Youth Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Spfld MAMay 23, 2018
The job itself is not bad. We do a lot of extended work in the community. I've met some wonderful people while networking for our clients. I'd prefer to teach them sustainable life skills that will endure over a lifetime.
Pros
Working in the community some flexability
Good team moral, great supervision, supportive, and flexible.
Program Manger (Former Employee) –  West Springfield, MAApril 18, 2018
Great place to work for because it is open to people going back to school and advancing their careers. The managerial team is welcoming and supportive.
A typical work day
Rehousing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAApril 5, 2018
I love the flexibility and stability of the company/job. When i arrive at work i reach out to shelter staff asking for referrals of families ready to move.
Pros
Stability
Cons
Under paid
Lack of communication and clarity
Direct Care Staff (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAMarch 11, 2018
between all new managers and all new clients, there is no communication here. You will be held accountable for everything but taught nothing and when you ask any questions you get the run around from everyone.
Pros
if you have good coworkers it makes it less stressful
Cons
no breaks, no communication
Peaceful Environment
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Concord, CAFebruary 7, 2018
CHD is a team oriented, collaborative and peaceful place to work. The atmosphere is relaxed and management focuses on team building.
Employees spend their time reaching out to the community to promote health and advocate for alcohol and substance abuse prevention. The agency also helps with conflict resolution and youth empowerment in the community and schools.
Employees who work with this agency actually enjoy what they do.
work closely with residents in drug rehab center. Assisted with their daily recovery. See the progress and changes the residents go through.
Direct Care worker (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAFebruary 6, 2018
working with the residents has been a pleasure. seeing the progress and then the residents graduate out of the program and into society. The program is a great place to deal with recovery.
Bad management and no focus on clients
Mental Health Therapist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAFebruary 5, 2018
All they care about here is making money and overworking their staff. My manager was never available, and had way too many people to supervise to be able to support any one of us. It's way to risky to take on this level of clients with such poor support. Clients are really tough and the quality of work that you are supported in providing is awful. Not worth the risk to work here.
Outreach
Outreach Worker TNT (Current Employee) –  Holyoke, MAFebruary 4, 2018
Complete errands for adults with a mental disability. Produce Individualized Action Plans. Submit daily contact notes, and log rehab contacts. I love my job.
Flexible work environment
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Pittsburg, CAJanuary 31, 2018
Not value as a employee, not appreciated, not acknowledge, the pay is not great, Management does not advocate for staff. Raises are not enough to live on.
Pros
Paid vacation time
Cons
low wages
Pool table, TV
Direct Care/Cook/Relief (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAJanuary 29, 2018
Good work environment. Enjoy interacting with the residents and staff. Always looking out for me and giving me hours, Just interested in relocating now that our children are older.
Pros
free food
Cons
would like more hours
N/a
Medical Records Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAJanuary 17, 2018
I would greet our clients. Management turnover rate is very high.
The policy and produces change frequently. I worked there for only 6 months. The company could have changed this was over 10 years ago.
Safety issues and Managment dosent care
Housing Case Manager - PILOTS (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CTJanuary 11, 2018
Terrible upper management. They did not care about the clients at all. Cut throat and no job advancement even if you were qualified. The clients do not get the support they need from management, only direct care staff and they could only do so much. No one should fund this company for their mediocre services for these poor clients.
Good For Kids but turnover rate for employment is awful
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAJanuary 5, 2018
I worked for CHD for some time, the way it was ran was awful. When there was an incident, it was hard to get in contact with on-call and the managers. They have an awful turn over rate when it comes to employment. Activities were not planned ahead like in Gandara. When I came into work, I didn't know what to expect. The don't have a supervisor on shift, just a lead staff. When it comes to requesting days off, they don't give an answer straight away. In my personal experience. I had requested mother's day off a month in advance. When I had asked if it was given to me as a day off their answer was no. They has lost my paper for the request. I was taken aback, I lost my mother and mothers day is really hard on me, and not to be able to take it off was an emotional struggle. CHD is good for the kids but they don't care for their staff and any little mistake can get you terminated.
Pros
Pay Rate and Health Care benefits
Cons
Turnover rates for empolyment
i only worked for 3 days
Youth Worker (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAJanuary 2, 2018
a good place just not for me I was at the lock up facility, this was not the place I was going to prosper at. I did not like the feeling of being locked in myself.
working here was great
ASSISTANT SUPORVISOR (Current Employee) –  365 Bernie aveJanuary 2, 2018
Working at chd is great I like having the option of being able to be hired within the company as i finish school. chd also has great benefits for their employees.
Direct Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Northampton, MADecember 22, 2017
I enjoy my job because since I have been working with CHD I have learned a lot I like that I was able to further my Skills and Education with the Trainings that this Company has Provided to their Employees
Pros
Training's and the environment
Cons
Must be willing to learn
Making families independent again.
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Holyoke, MADecember 22, 2017
At the intake stage, I learn the needs and wants of any particular client /family. Constructing and tailoring plans for families, such as school, employment and constructive, daily needs in life. Managing residents to engage in life matters that will correct and set straight approaches to successfully live independent from shelter. Sharing Ideas and connections in the community and beyond to better service our clientele. The hardest part of the job is being unsuccessful with any particular family. Watching families move out of shelter is rewarding because of time spent with the families.
Pros
Successful and independent families
Cons
Seeing families struggle despite the help, watching families fail despite the help.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Center for Human Development. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.0InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight