Center for Human Development Employee Reviews

Don’t Apply Here
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MASeptember 13, 2018
The facilities department is run by a moron and they won’t get rid off the old has been Maintenance Supervisor who should have been canned a long time ago!!! Just an awful company with no procedures or commitment to follow through.
Cons
Slow paced, but rewarding work in
Direct Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTSeptember 8, 2018
Management could benefit from team based training where they learn to listen and work with their staff. Work place is located in an area that's highly counter productive to client progress in treatment, due to being in a neighborhood known for high rate of drug use and violence. No scheduled lunch break, have to eat lunch while still working.
Pros
Good clients, friendly coworkers, mileage reimbursement
Cons
poor management, no possibility of overtime, possibility for advancement highly limited
Hostile, dysfuntional IT area
Software developer (Former Employee) –  SpringfieldSeptember 2, 2018
When I started, all 3 IT managers were demoted causing a hostile work environment. CIO has anger management issues and must suffer from other psyche issues and is extremely scattered. Former IT manager refused to offer assistance to learn the environment. Was full of resentment, rude and desparaging. I was warned by one of the other employees of the morale problems. 80% of the department resigned within a year. I regret staying on as I got consumed by the chronic problems there.

Stay away.
Pros
Fair salary and benes
Cons
Hostile work environment
supportive and welcoming atmosphere
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Amherst, MAAugust 24, 2018
It is a Great supportive working environment. Burnout how ever is very quick in the social work field in general. Your heart and a great staff helps to keep you motivated.
Pros
Warm and welcoming atmosphere
Cons
Low pay
Great Mission!
RESIDENT LEADER INTERNSHIP (Current Employee) –  Contra Costa County, CAAugust 11, 2018
Great Community programs at the Center for Human Development. There is opportunity for Community engagement, Training is also available. Workplace culture with different prams under one roof provides diversity.
Pros
Community Development
Cons
Low pay
The residents where great they really respected staff and our goal to make them better.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAJuly 17, 2018
We never really have a normal day at work it changes like night and day based on the mood of building. I learned over the years working there how to be patient with residents and staff and how to deescalate situations. Management was rocky we rarely received the right information and was always informed late on changes to policy and procedures. The workplace culture was biased the upper management and the floor staff always bumped heads due to lack of information. The hardest part of the job i would say was dealing with clinical. The clinical team had no communication with floor staff at all. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping out the youth teaching them skills that men need in their communities and in the world to survive.
Trabajo sencillo pero importante
Direct Care Staff (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAJune 30, 2018
Buena area de trabajo en me gusta trabajar con jóvenes removidos de los hogares. Aunque a veces se caldean un poco los ánimos (demasiadas hormonas juntas). El ambiente laboral es uno relajado. La cultura de CHD me fascina dan adiestramiento pagos por todo. Un poco difícil el proceso de comenzar a trabajar, pero es comprensible por la población con la que se trabaja. No me gusta mucho que paguen a 12.00 pero puede ser peor. También hay que usar el carro propio y se tardan en pagar el millaje. Espero que me paguen.
Pros
Ambiente relajado y poca carga de trabajo
Cons
hay que usar el carro personal y se puede pagar mas.
Enjoyable work place.
Clinician-Tobacco Cessation Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAJune 27, 2018
Good company to work for. They are supportive and offer many opportunities for growth for the individual. The people served are the most enjoyable part of the job.
soso
Second cook (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAJune 25, 2018
The place was great working opportunity, however the kitchen wars were getting tiresome, everyone want to be a chief and no Indians. I all set with working in that location however I would work other locations.
Good Place to Work
Community Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTJune 17, 2018
My experience in CHD is very educational due to I learn everything I know about Case Management. However, the schedule is not help the employee to have a balance between personal life end work.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
break
Helping youth?
Youth Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Spfld MAMay 23, 2018
The job itself is not bad. We do a lot of extended work in the community. I've met some wonderful people while networking for our clients. I'd prefer to teach them sustainable life skills that will endure over a lifetime.
Pros
Working in the community some flexability
Good team moral, great supervision, supportive, and flexible.
Program Manger (Former Employee) –  West Springfield, MAApril 18, 2018
Great place to work for because it is open to people going back to school and advancing their careers. The managerial team is welcoming and supportive.
A typical work day
Rehousing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAApril 5, 2018
I love the flexibility and stability of the company/job. When i arrive at work i reach out to shelter staff asking for referrals of families ready to move.
Pros
Stability
Cons
Under paid
Lack of communication and clarity
Direct Care Staff (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAMarch 11, 2018
between all new managers and all new clients, there is no communication here. You will be held accountable for everything but taught nothing and when you ask any questions you get the run around from everyone.
Pros
if you have good coworkers it makes it less stressful
Cons
no breaks, no communication
Peaceful Environment
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Concord, CAFebruary 7, 2018
CHD is a team oriented, collaborative and peaceful place to work. The atmosphere is relaxed and management focuses on team building.
Employees spend their time reaching out to the community to promote health and advocate for alcohol and substance abuse prevention. The agency also helps with conflict resolution and youth empowerment in the community and schools.
Employees who work with this agency actually enjoy what they do.
work closely with residents in drug rehab center. Assisted with their daily recovery. See the progress and changes the residents go through.
Direct Care worker (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAFebruary 6, 2018
working with the residents has been a pleasure. seeing the progress and then the residents graduate out of the program and into society. The program is a great place to deal with recovery.
Bad management and no focus on clients
Mental Health Therapist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAFebruary 5, 2018
All they care about here is making money and overworking their staff. My manager was never available, and had way too many people to supervise to be able to support any one of us. It's way to risky to take on this level of clients with such poor support. Clients are really tough and the quality of work that you are supported in providing is awful. Not worth the risk to work here.
Outreach
Outreach Worker TNT (Current Employee) –  Holyoke, MAFebruary 4, 2018
Complete errands for adults with a mental disability. Produce Individualized Action Plans. Submit daily contact notes, and log rehab contacts. I love my job.
Flexible work environment
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Pittsburg, CAJanuary 31, 2018
Not value as a employee, not appreciated, not acknowledge, the pay is not great, Management does not advocate for staff. Raises are not enough to live on.
Pros
Paid vacation time
Cons
low wages
Pool table, TV
Direct Care/Cook/Relief (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAJanuary 29, 2018
Good work environment. Enjoy interacting with the residents and staff. Always looking out for me and giving me hours, Just interested in relocating now that our children are older.
Pros
free food
Cons
would like more hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Center for Human Development. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.0InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight