Center for People in Need

Working at Center for People in Need: 13 Reviews

United States13 reviews

Culturally Diverse Workplace

Everyone is very friendly and they all share a common goal which is to be able to help others that are more in need. This is a great employer to work with.

Poor Management

Management creates divide and distrust between employees. Volatile working environment due to management. No sort of job security. Management chooses to fire employees based off no standards.

Center for People in Need insights

What people like
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Supportive environment
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues

I love helping people

my job was helping( refugees ) student learning English and computers and finding jobs . also helped in other departments when they need help. The most enjoyable part of my job was when a student find a job or goes to college .

Diverse, fun place to work.

My position was based at the Center For People In Need however the bulk of my responsibilities were carried out in State Correctional Facilities. The most difficult part of the position is dealing with the Correctional red tape. The most enjoyable is helping individuals to succeed and be comfortable in their success.

Volunteer work

I wen through and organized items that were donated and went through food to check for mold. Interacted with different cultures and other volunteers.

Help People in Need

there were many difficulties with management in this company. it saddened me. i was here to help people and felt like the employees were leaving as fast as the people we were trying to help. i know the director has the hugest heart ever! if we were out of anything, it would be found for you and the cost billed to the director personally. from talking to friends who still work there, it sounds like things are not getting much better as far as some of the management, but moving in the right direction. they were very flexible with school schedule.

Pros

helping the community

Cons

upper management

creative as worker and as a team worker

• Organize the warehouse and make it a safe environment, packing, sorting and stacking on shelves. • Use and training skill for forklift operator and train the trainers to be certified on forklift and OSHA. • Team player with other programs related to my responsibilities with honest and respect. • Update the inventory regularly with all the necessary update regarding computer knowledge. • Training the student the forklift training.

Pros

n/a

Cons

short breakes

Interaction at this job plays a major key

Working here is where I began to socialize and interact with many. Although I put compensation/benefits as 5 stars, I did not get paid. This was volunteer. The benefits I did get was the feeling of helping others. This is the most beneficial thing I got from this job and I loved it!

Very dynamic

I learned a great deal at the Center for People in Need. I met a lot of wonderful people from all over the world, and was proud to be a service to them and my community.

Working for Center for People in Need

In the Center for People in Need was the first work experience for me in the United States, and was a successful experience and I learned a good deal of them with staff and customer service

Pros

Good work experience

Cons

good deal

Not a good fit for me

Maintain records of all incoming shipments to the warehouse from a multitude of vendors Ensure that the goods delivered to the warehouse are sorted into the correct locations Perform the unpacking of consolidated shipment deliveries and distribute contents to the appropriate bin location and prepare donations for distribution by labeling goods and adding to inventory

It is a great place to volunteer. Everybody is helpful and friendly.

A typical day at work consist of communicating with guest to ensure that all of their information is correctly put into the system. Answering telephone calls and providing answers to questions and transferring to other persons in the building. Typing documents such as letters and notes. Also making flyers for events. Working with co-workers in the building was fun and rewarding because I love to work with others. I enjoyed this job because I got to do what I love the most and that's helping other people, working on a computer, and being on a telephone.

Pathways out of Poverty Case Worker

I worked in the center at the beginning as volunteer , my work based on data entry department I was help and complete the non english speaker to fill tha application for food and if they need to request and assistance from the center, then I worked as Case worker in the same Center but in Pathways out of Poverty Program partner ship with Southeast Community College My work as case Manager was to make sure give Case Mangment to the student and remove all the barrier that prevent them attending the program I was cover each student about 10 weeks while they attend the program.

Pros

1 hour for lunch

Cons

not applicable

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Center for People in Need. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits