Center for Rheumatology Employee Reviews

Free lunches bad management
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glenville, NYJanuary 12, 2019
Working at the center for Rheumatology they were only one out of 10 people in our office that was actually polite, courteous, patient and understanding. That was only one doctor. That office has a huge tendency of showing favoritism to certain races as well as certain people. I was hire to be fired. The management shows no respect towards anybody else they show favoritism to the ones they like the most does a lot of discrimination and cold-hearted behavior in that office.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Racist management
Terrible management
Patient Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJune 11, 2018
After my manager went out on leave, I would go to the higher ups with complaints and instead of addressing them I was told “I don’t have time for this,” “mind your business” and “worry about yourself.” I was worrying about myself because the issues I wanted to address affected my work. One day after a team meeting, the Chief In Office went as far as yelling at me in the main lobby of the building they rent space from in front of others. I felt attacked and disrespected. They don’t listen to you and are very cliquey. Needless to say I did leave that position. Nobody deserves the treatment that I had gotten for 2 1/2 months straight. There really is no HR, so you have no one to complain to. It was a great company to work for in the beginning, then the CIO at the time, left. After she left, everything went downhill... FAST! If you like picking up others slack, cliques and being degraded this is the place
Cons
Horrible management
Great part time job, learning opportunities, pleasant work environment
Infusion Nurse (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 4, 2018
This was a great job for a part time position. I was a student at UCLA and they were very accommodating with my school schedule. It was a very pleasant job to work at. I learned so much about Rheumatology and the medications involved.
Pros
Work with my school schedule.
Cons
Traffic to work.
Na
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 30, 2017
Great place to work. Awesome hours, Monday through Friday, no weekends or holidays. Excellent working environment, plenty of oppourtunities for advancement
co-workers were mostly friendly
Patient Service/Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 1, 2017
Unfortunaley, Management at this time was not in my favor and My doctors to whom I was respoinsible for left the practice. Enjoyed doing Reception work and printing reports.
Pros
Free Lunches from Drug Reps
Cons
Favoritism among employees.
You will learn a lot
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CAApril 30, 2017
A fast paced environment that will teach you valuable work ethic lessons and people skills/customer service. I made many lifelong friends via patients I met there.
Great Offer
Infusion Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYFebruary 21, 2017
I enjoyed learning from a good team. The doctors were very professional and worked with you. The hardest part of the job was trying to get PA's for patient's in a timely matter and dealing with the insurance companies.
Pros
Free breakfast/lunch
Cons
Favortism
Average
Billing Manager / Approval Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYOctober 25, 2015
Loved my job. Management is vert poor making the overall culture of the business poor. Very clicky, frustrating culture.
Great place to start
Registered Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYSeptember 23, 2015
Very organized working environment. However there can be a breakdown in communication.Great place to start a career in the medical field as it is a very fast pace environment. The doctors have different personalities and sometimes it can be hard to remember what the preferences for each are.
Cons
Short breaks