Center for Urban Community Services (CUCS) Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Social Worker 1
Social Worker, Psychiatric Liasion (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 27, 2018
I very much enjoyed my position with CUCS, and only left to relocate out of state. I hold the agency in the highest regard. The work was sufficiently challenging and my colleagues were warm and collaborative. CUCS also tends to promote from within, and there is definitely room for growth. I would absolutely recommend working with CUCS to anyone who wants to make an impact working with the formerly homeless.
Pros
Great benefits, supportive staff, CEUs, clinical supervision
Cons
Salary
Overall, the work environment was very stressful and full of tension. Some of the staff were also unprofessionals
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 9, 2018
poor career development, management, and very stressful, non supportive work environment. As a result, I felt easily burned out and feeling like I have always done something wrong.
Pros
provided staff for meetings
Cons
Short breaks, non-supportive work environment
Good Employer
Evening Clinical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 16, 2018
CUCS is a good employer. They support their employees in various capacities including encouraging their employees to go back to school. Their employees generally stay with the company for years
Great Working Environment
Sr. Administrative Assistant & Data Specialist (Current Employee) –  Harlem, NYDecember 11, 2017
I enjoy my work, my boss & my staff, however, my salary and the benefits such as healthcare are not good at all. It is a typical non profit organization with it comes to this.
Accounting Coordinator
Accounting Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 23, 2015
My immediate manager tried their best to be a fair individual, although I wasn't always given clear direction. Was lied to about my salary when I accepted the job. Staff unprofessional, worked between the same two bickering individuals. Despite the unfavorable corporate office atmosphere, the organization's function towards community service is commendable.
Pros
It's community servicing is honorable
Cons
the rating says it all
Excellent non-profit!
OFFICE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 22, 2013
CUCS is a gret place to work. They really care about the popluation that they serve and continue to do great work as they grow as an organization. I've worked there for fourteen years and have felt the appreciation and recognition for my hard work from management and co-workers. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that i play a part in improving the lives of the population that we serve.
Pros
Benefits, great co-workers
Cons
salary