Center for Vein Restoration Employee Reviews

Coworkers are supportive.
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Green beltApril 20, 2019
Typical day at work is busy and rushed. Learned a lot about venous disease, team work, and how important effective management is. The hardest part of the job was adapting to the communication between management and staff members. The most enjoyable part of the job was the support of my fellow coworkers and the rapport built with patients.
Toxic Work Environment
Surgical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAApril 15, 2019
Just want to say be careful who you communicate with and if you choose to speak up for being mistreated expect to become a target and multiple attacks against you and possibly wronglfully terminated.Watch your hours and pay carefully and if you are someone who is focused on doing whats right this is not the company for you.If you have a family this is not the place for you because they will try to consume all of your time and forbid you to take off expect to drive anywhere within the virginia and maryland regions different locations daily traveling is expected.Never get to comfortable always be on guard.
Awesomeness
Vascular Ultrasound Technologist (Former Employee) –  Woodland Park, NJMarch 29, 2019
I love the 4 day work week.The Infrastructure is willing to teach and emphasize key points. Awesome team, absolutely great. Higher up cares and listened, although somethings wont get fixed, they sure do try too.
Pros
Teamwork, co-workers become family, learning curve
Cons
Can’t think of one
Productive but Misleading
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Waldorf, MDMarch 17, 2019
In my interview I was told I would be working 5:45-4:30 Monday-Friday, but some days I wouldn’t leave til 6:00/6:30! The clinic was ALWAYS running behind & the doctor was always running behind on procedures! It made it very hard & exhausting to be comfortable working there. Nobody cares that you have a life outside of work. When the doctor runs behind, the whole clinic runs behind. There was very little work/life balance.
Pros
3 Days Weekends
Cons
Long underpaid work hours
If you have a family, this is not the place for you
Center Coordinator (Former Employee) –  CTNovember 25, 2018
Completely ridiculous hours and expectations. Management is clueless. Very financially driven company with very poor organization. There is far too much responsibility on the receptionists shoulders!
Pros
No pros
Cons
Everything from start to finis h
Decent Place to Start your Career
Vascular Technologist (Current Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDOctober 21, 2018
Based on my experience, I would say that Center for Vein restoration is a great place to start your career. They have many locations and they are different from one another.
Pros
Great Sfaff
Cons
Travel
CVR Culture
Physician (Current Employee) –  Basking Ridge, NJOctober 16, 2018
I have been with CVR for about 17-18 months now. I am a phycisian. I did an year long phlebology fellowship here and then was offered a position which I took. CVR is an amazing group and has an amazing work culture. It is basically a big family and I feel very comfortable at my job and with the management. I have not seen this kind of culture in health sector anywhere else. Everyone is very friendly, open minded, competitive as well, and want to grow and reach to newer heights. I love being part of CVR and will totally recommend it to anyone who is in this field.
Pros
Great management, 4 day week, amazing work culture and people.
Cons
at times people complain of being worked up, but work over here is nothing as compared to any other medical or surgical office.
Director of Clinical Affairs (Current Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDOctober 15, 2018
I have been with CVR since January of 2014. In that time, I have seen CVR grow by 30 clinics and I have had the privilege of advancing from a clinic physician to a position on the leadership team. I have been able to work with the leadership team to make a difference in the quality of the work CVR does. I have been given a position where my passion for documentation, compliance and quality support CVR’s mission. Our people make the difference. We have caring, compassionate, dedicated staff at all levels of our practice and I am proud to be a part of this team.

We all work hard to provide the best clinical care and patient experience for everyone putting their trust in us as patients. The hours can get long at times, but the rewards are received every day. Our wonderful staff cares for our patients and our patients are sincerely and openly grateful; we create relationships that last.
Pros
Modern, clean, efficient offices with top trained staff. Patient focused care.
Cons
No 401K match yet
Fast Paced & Dynamic Organization
VP (Current Employee) –  MDSeptember 24, 2018
The people are what truly makes Center for Vein Restoration so great. Success for the business means that many departments (Operations, Finance, Sales etc) must all come together and collaborate consistently. This happens because of the selfless, egoless team members that make the success of CVR their top priority.
Pros
Fast Paced
October 1, 2018

Thanks for taking the time to give us some feedback. We are always working hard to improve our employee experience. If there is anything we can do to improve your work-life experience, please don't hesitate to reach out.

stressful
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  MarylandSeptember 16, 2018
the pay was not compatible with the amount of work you had to do. Management is hard on you in the training stage of employment. I would not recommend this for a place of employment
October 1, 2018

I'm sorry you found your position stressful. Our training period is tough. We are working on improving that experience. There is so much to learn! Do you have any suggestions of what we could have done better to improve your impression? I would love to hear directly from you. Please feel free to reach out to wendy.walker@centerforvein.com.

I'd like to learn from our mistakes.

Great Place to work
Patient Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Wyoming, MIAugust 11, 2018
I love the 4, 10 hour days. You spend more time with your coworkers than your family so it is a great to have some amazing coworkers to share my days with.
October 1, 2018

I'm glad you are happy at CVR! If there is anything we can do to make your worklife better, please feel free to reach out to HR!

Horrible Work Enviorment
Medical Insurance and Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDJuly 23, 2018
This was a horrible work enviroment with poor management skills. This company under pays you and over works you. I would never recommend working in their head office in Greenbelt MD. The lunch breaks are timed by the minute, you are micromanaged over a position you can do and do everyday. I understand why the turn over rate is so high, nobody stayes with this company long term at all.
Pros
a job
Cons
everything
July 27, 2018

Thank you for giving us this feedback. We are sorry to hear you did not feel so great about your experience here. No one likes to feel micromanaged. I will share your feedback with our leadership team to address the concerns you listed. We are always looking to learn from our experience in order to constantly improve. We have seen steady and significant improvement in our turnover rate in just the last year and want to sustain that trend. We appreciate you sharing your feedback so we may use it to continue to improve our work environment.

Center for Vein Restoration
Insurance Verification Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDJuly 9, 2018
If your there on time and you make sure that the work is done without any distraction and always interact with the people around you . They aren't that bad. Then you should be fine. Definitely recommend some coffee in the morning and always bring your water bottle with you. Benefits are very good and they are very caring individuals. Always state how you feel in the group setting , so your voice can be heard and they will be willing to help you.
Pros
Free lunches, Exciting events to look forward to.
Cons
Down fall: Very micro managed, Alot of She say he say and assuming.
July 13, 2018

We are glad to see you scored your experience here a 5 out of 5!
It sounds like there might have been some things that could have gone a bit better in your situation. Thank you for this feedback. We are always striving to make Center for Vein Restoration a great place to work made up of caring individuals.

Ok to work
Bilingual PSR (Current Employee) –  Bel Air, MDJune 8, 2018
In your interview, you are promised a lot but the reality is something different. Although I enjoy working with my team. But I think other things can improve
Pros
great office team
Cons
poor ma
June 15, 2018

Thank you for the open and honest feedback. We strive to provide as much information and clarity during the interviewing and hiring process. We are sorry if there was information that wasn't properly communicated. Please reach out to the Human Resources department to make us aware of what was not correctly shared so we can work to ensure what we convey during interviews is accurate.

Great place to work and learn
Director of IT (Current Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDApril 17, 2018
I have been working at Center for Vein Restoration full-time for more than 8 years. It is wonderful institution with lots of smart collaborative people. You get a lot of opportunity to learn new skills and grow within the company. The people working here create a very positive working environment. Met lots of motivated employees trying their best to uphold the Mission and Core values of CVR on their daily routine. Clinicians and all staff really care about their patients. Tuition reimbursement provided.
Pros
Opportunity to Learn, Growth, Positive Work Environment, Everyone works as a team to provide a state of the art Patient Care
Cons
None. Love this place can't complain.
April 24, 2018

8 years! Congratulations! Thank you for sharing! IT definitely helps make our work environment productive and fun!

Great Place To Work
Programmer Analyst (Current Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDApril 17, 2018
I have been working here little over 3 years. I enjoy working here. Great place to work. All of the staff almost know each other that make it even better, friendly environment. Team mates are very helpful, and understanding.
April 24, 2018

We are thrilled that you enjoy working here! Our teams are very tight-knit, and there are alot of close friendships that develop here!

Committed Organization
Chief Operating Officer (Current Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDApril 12, 2018
As a new leader to the organization having been here less than a year, I have found a strong passion to deliver a great patient and employee experience. The company is committed to providing state of the art vascular care in a compassionate and affordable manner. We are redefining the care of patients with venous disorders in an environment of clinical excellence, integrity, mutual respect and trust.
Pros
The commitment the team has to providing the very best patient experience, The passion the leadership team and employees have for their work is inspiring.
Cons
Being part of a fast-paced company that is growing can be challenging, this requires flexibility in our teams, Team members that adapt well to growth and change with strong communication skills will succeed.
April 24, 2018

We love the elements of passion, positivity and fun that your leadership style brings to CVR! Our industry forces us to be adaptable, and our most successful team members embrace the pace and variety that they encounter each day. It is such a pleasure to support our talented admin & clinical teams!

Making a difference
Doctor (Current Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDApril 5, 2018
I have been with Center for Vein Restoration for over 9 years. I can tell you that I love the people, the work, and my life here at the company. Sure I work hard but I go home every night satisfied that I have made an impact in the patients I treat and the teams I work with. I am fortunate enough to have an administrative as well as a clinical role. Being able to work on both sides gives me great confidence that the patient comes first at CVR.

I have great confidence in the CEO.
I have great confidence in the rest of the Exec team and the directors.
Pros
Culture of "Patient comes first always"
Cons
Fast paced, expectations in everything are high.
April 9, 2018

It is so nice to hear from our Physicians! In HR, we constantly brag that CVR has the best and brightest talent in the industry. Thank you for everything you do to make our patients feel better, and to support our clinical and admin teams! It's our employees that set our bar high - there is no compromise when it comes to patient care and customer service. Thank you!!

Poor Management
Physician Liaison (Former Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDMarch 27, 2018
Toxic work environment stemming from inexperienced management. Goals/quotas are inflated when you do well so you can put in one good year with this company to get your experience in if you need it to build your resume in the medical sales field.
April 2, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience, which I am sorry to hear was not a positive one. In HR, we work everyday to try and ensure a positive work environment, so if you would like to discuss what made it toxic for you, please reach out to me at jennifer.church@centerforvein.com - as this is a concern we take very seriously. We are committed to promoting from within, so at times, we do have members of management that are less experienced. We hope that our sales team members can develop a great career with CVR on their resume, but we would like them to stay with us as long as possible.

Director of Clinical Affairs (Current Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDMarch 16, 2018

Pros
Modern, clean, efficient offices with top trained staff. Patient focused care.
Cons
No 401K match yet
March 19, 2018

CVR's outstanding Physician team not only positively impact our patients' lives; they influence our employees as well. It's such a unique opportunity to be able to learn something new every single day while doing what you love. Even on the days that fly by, I drive home knowing something that I didn't know the day before, thanks to our very talented, innovative and passionate team members!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Center for Vein Restoration. Our community is ready to answer.