Center Light Healthcare Employee Reviews

Stay away, especially if you are a health care professional.
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 24, 2018
Temp nurses and program assistants are expected to work 10 hours straight without lunch or breaks.

Most managers don’t not know what they are doing or what is going on, most managers don't even know or understand the type of work of the people they are managing do.

The CEO has changed 4 times in the past few years, people at the top make way too much money. Employees that actually do the work barely make fair market rate and temp employees are exploited.

As a union employee you will be underpaid and work with a miserable staff and likely be terminated in the next layoff (They hire frequently but large layoffs tend to happen every quarter). If you temp you can be paid actually well but the stress, bad management and toxic environment are not worth it.
Pros
Good health care
Cons
No one knows what they are doing, management is a lost cause
Worst Place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 17, 2018
Management makes it hard for you to want to work for this company. and it is no longer patient based. its all about money. The company no longer caters to the elderly. Its such a shame
My time at centerlight
Recreation Assistant (Current Employee) –  Amityville, NYOctober 1, 2018
I Really enjoy working at center light. I wish it wasn't a temporary job. Participants are great and so are the workers. Hopefully I can work for center light permanently in the near future.

Thank you!
Pros
Friendly enivironment
Cons
n/p
Productive and competive
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 25, 2018
A typical day at work was very fast paced ..We always had a lot of paperwork to file, but we all worked together as a team to get all of the work done by the end of the day. Everyday was learning experience. I didn't have many complaints. I enjoyed working with my co-workers and management was great.
Pros
Management was very understanding and fair
Cons
No cons
Cl
Medical Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 5, 2018
College from your discipline is the only reason one would stay in this company. I appreciate the guidance given by people who have been in the field for a long time. The support from management is absent on a daily basis. The atmosphere is stressful and unhealthy.
Still going through changes
Marketing and Communications Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 31, 2018
It's a good company to work for and allows an easy work life and personal life balance. Great people. The company is always changing policies so just pay attention to that.
Bad administration, too many chiefs with no knowledge
Licensed Practical Nurse/Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Jamaica, NYJuly 11, 2018
it's hard to give any feed back, the company has been through so many changes, I loose track. constantly changing administration in all aspect of the company.
Pros
high turn off of administration
Cons
honestly things are uncertain, every day is story for the news
Facilities Management Assistant/Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 5, 2018
Staff very friendly and helpful and always made people feel welcome. Also, everyone was a team player. Great place to work and also get to know the staff
Great Work Experience
Medical Records Clerk & Member Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 27, 2018
Great start and learning experience to a start of pursuing a career in Health Care. What I learned how to build relationships within the organization to better our customer experience.
Pros
Great Work Environment
Lovely adults
Staff Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 19, 2018
I was surprised how interesting it can be to work with older adults. They have so much life, so much knowledge that I was happy to come to work everyday. I learned a lot from this work, and would surely recommend.
it was a fun environment to work in
Activities Assistant (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYJune 13, 2018
it was very easy of a work day and i learned how to act in an active real working environment and the management was very well but the hardest part was trying to keep everyone as in the elderly in a good mood but the most enjoyable was just getting to know them
Pros
fun people
Cons
can be stressful
Fun place to work, learned alot from co-workers
Nurse Team Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 10, 2018
Great learning experience, learned a lot from co-workers. Great pay and allotted reasonable sick and vacation time. Unfortunately it was an unstable environment because the department did not last.
Pros
Great pay, good benefits
Cons
unstable
Fast paced and stressful
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  1250 Waters PlaceJune 5, 2018
This was a fast paced environment. I joined just as it was growing at this new location. I temped for a 1 1/2 yrs, then hired full time. the staff hiring was like a revolving door, people were leaving and being hired on a regular basis, not stable. Leadership left much to be desired.
Pros
It wasn't that far from my home
Cons
Poor leadership at this place.
Productive and a fun place to work
Authorization Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 20, 2018
the locations and hours was very good, the people are easy to work with and for, also good benefits the union was excellent . If I had the choice to go back I would but I was out rank by people with more years on the seniority than me.
Work Balance
Clerical Associate (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 25, 2018
Very hectic and sometimes stressful. The work could be very demanding. There could have been more organization because that helps with the workflow. There also was not enough communication.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
High paced
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 23, 2018
If you focus on your work and don't get involved in office politics, you will survive. Tellecomute woudl be best for the job.If the MLTC was not sold I would still be there.
Pros
good salary
Cons
poor management
Very caring environment for elderly
Licensed Massage Therapist, Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 3, 2018
Nice environment for the elderly. However, payroll department need to get their things right. Not always getting the things right. Very clean and neat environment
Sales and marketing
Community Liaison (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 30, 2018
Complete autonomy and managerial support.
Ability to educate and interact within differing cultural settings.
Travel within the 5 boroughs of New York City.
Pros
Autonomy
Cons
New York City traffic
frequent changes understaffed
Community Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  Comprehensive Care ManagementMarch 28, 2018
Due to multiple changes in management/administration over the last few years and the laid off of multiple staff/departments staff had multiple responsibilities added to their positions
Pros
Good benefits and salary
Cons
Overworked, understaff
Enjoyable place to work
HR Generalist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 23, 2018
The environment was quite and slow paced. Enjoyed getting to know the new hires and all the connections that comes with 3rd party verifications. The staff was helpful.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Center Light Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about