Center Light Healthcare Employee Reviews

Good People
BA/UAT Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 17, 2019
Family like environment, team work, everyone is very helpful if you approach them. Working remotely option is very convenient. Managers are nice and understandable
Defunct Program
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 17, 2019
Employment with company's MLTC program that was "sold" to Centers Plan for Healthy Living. Terrible, chaotic management creating unnecessary stress for RNs, SWs providing telephonic care management. Poor, outdated and frustrating computer system for assessment input, ordering. Company had good benefits including paid vacation, personal days, sick days, and responded to staff request to allow telework 3 days a week. Compared to the company that bought it, CenterLight was a gem.
Pros
Fast-paced but manageable case load
Cons
Outdated computer system, poor management that led to program closure
good working environment
Physical Therapy Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 24, 2019
It was a good working environment. The work balance was good and our supervisors were very supportive of the department. Our co workers worked together well with or without being supervised, and most of them cared about the patients.
Pros
very supportive supervisors
OVerworked
Service Coordinator/Messenger (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 14, 2019
Staff was over worked because we were understaffed. Titles were changed every 6 months to made up titles to prevent having to hire any of the temporary staff.
Management is to blame for this failing healthcare organization
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 4, 2019
There is no typical day of work at CenterLight. Due to frequent leadership changes and organizational restructuring (layoffs), employees never know what to expect.

When I was hired, I was assigned to a specific department, as most new hires are. Within a year, I was working on multi-departmental projects and unofficially reporting various higher ups across the system. While I am flattered that management calls upon me for help, at this point, I am stretched way too thin and receive little to no acknowledgment for my efforts. Advancement does not exist for me at this organization; my reward is to inherit more work and continue to get shuffled between departments like a play thing.

At the start of my tenure at CenterLight, my supervisor taught me so much, appreciated me and encouraged me to leave work on time. He did his best to provide a great work life balance for me. He was a terrific mentor and confidant. Unfortunately, there was a major organizational change a couple years into the job. Once he began reporting to incompetent jerks, he had to mirror their leadership style, or I suppose he would have been next on the chopping block. As a result, there was a shift in our dynamic. He and his superiors micromanage me like crazy (as if I am always doing something wrong). The leadership team has transformed CenterLight into a toxic work environment.
Pros
Benefits, professional development, tuition reimbursement
Good to work
Director - Program Management (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 28, 2018
Good to work. Lot of hard working people. Friendly environment. No work from option. One gets paid only if he/she scans his/her badge everyday. IT management way to go
Unclear what the mission was
Staff Person Highly Place up (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 21, 2018
Unclear what the mission was. Overpaid management staff who underperformed and did very little real work. Blame culture. The long-term CEO was a dodo. They replaced him two years ago. Real shady issues between the board and the organization. The company has a contract with the chairman of the boards company. Real low down stuff like that happens all the time. This company is a front, a shell for making money off the taxpayer.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Learning Experience
File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 20, 2018
A typical day at work dealt with organization of paperwork in and out of the computer. I learned about healthcare and it was my first intro to HIPAA. Management was decent, as well as the workplace culture. The hardest part initially was attendance. The most enjoyable part other than the pay was the co-workers and even management.
Stay away, especially if you are a health care professional.
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 24, 2018
Temp nurses and program assistants are expected to work 10 hours straight without lunch or breaks.

Most managers don’t not know what they are doing or what is going on, most managers don't even know or understand the type of work of the people they are managing do.

The CEO has changed 4 times in the past few years, people at the top make way too much money. Employees that actually do the work barely make fair market rate and temp employees are exploited.

As a union employee you will be underpaid and work with a miserable staff and likely be terminated in the next layoff (They hire frequently but large layoffs tend to happen every quarter). If you temp you can be paid actually well but the stress, bad management and toxic environment are not worth it.
Pros
Good health care
Cons
No one knows what they are doing, management is a lost cause
Worst Place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 17, 2018
Management makes it hard for you to want to work for this company. and it is no longer patient based. its all about money. The company no longer caters to the elderly. Its such a shame
My time at centerlight
Recreation Assistant (Current Employee) –  Amityville, NYOctober 1, 2018
I Really enjoy working at center light. I wish it wasn't a temporary job. Participants are great and so are the workers. Hopefully I can work for center light permanently in the near future.

Thank you!
Pros
Friendly enivironment
Cons
n/p
okay
RN, Membership Development (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 14, 2018
5 days a week 8 hour shifts for RNs.
No reimbursement for gas/parking.
Decent healthcare benefits.
Poor upper management.
Overworking nurses.
No employment perks.
Pros
benefits and union
Cons
ever changing rules
Productive and competive
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 25, 2018
A typical day at work was very fast paced ..We always had a lot of paperwork to file, but we all worked together as a team to get all of the work done by the end of the day. Everyday was learning experience. I didn't have many complaints. I enjoyed working with my co-workers and management was great.
Pros
Management was very understanding and fair
Cons
No cons
Cl
Medical Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 5, 2018
College from your discipline is the only reason one would stay in this company. I appreciate the guidance given by people who have been in the field for a long time. The support from management is absent on a daily basis. The atmosphere is stressful and unhealthy.
Still going through changes
Marketing and Communications Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 31, 2018
It's a good company to work for and allows an easy work life and personal life balance. Great people. The company is always changing policies so just pay attention to that.
Bad administration, too many chiefs with no knowledge
Licensed Practical Nurse/Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Jamaica, NYJuly 11, 2018
it's hard to give any feed back, the company has been through so many changes, I loose track. constantly changing administration in all aspect of the company.
Pros
high turn off of administration
Cons
honestly things are uncertain, every day is story for the news
Facilities Management Assistant/Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 5, 2018
Staff very friendly and helpful and always made people feel welcome. Also, everyone was a team player. Great place to work and also get to know the staff
Great Work Experience
Medical Records Clerk & Member Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 27, 2018
Great start and learning experience to a start of pursuing a career in Health Care. What I learned how to build relationships within the organization to better our customer experience.
Pros
Great Work Environment
Lovely adults
Staff Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 19, 2018
I was surprised how interesting it can be to work with older adults. They have so much life, so much knowledge that I was happy to come to work everyday. I learned a lot from this work, and would surely recommend.
it was a fun environment to work in
Activities Assistant (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYJune 13, 2018
it was very easy of a work day and i learned how to act in an active real working environment and the management was very well but the hardest part was trying to keep everyone as in the elderly in a good mood but the most enjoyable was just getting to know them
Pros
fun people
Cons
can be stressful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Center Light Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.