Center Theatre Group Employee Reviews

Great place to work with dynamic and exciting environment.
BOBTAIL DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 4, 2018
I look back fondly at my time here! The management was open to my ideas on how to come up with a way to get job done efficiently with minimal supervision. I enjoyed the excitement of being a part of plays and musicals happening here. Only downside was the sometimes cutback in hours, not always full time.
Pros
Working around famous actors occasionally.
Cons
Not enough hours.
Intern position
Accounting Intern (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 2, 2018
small finance depsrtment, but great learning experience. The accounting for this type of industry is very interesting. This is a cool place to intern and you get free tickets to plays.
Productive and friendly work environment
Temporary Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 30, 2017
I was the HR office assistant, so I did typical administrative tasks daily. The job was easy to learn and perfect. The other employees were lively and friendly. I enjoyed going to work everyday.
Pros
Hour lunches
Great friendly culture and passionate staff
Senior Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 17, 2015
If you love theatre & the arts, this is a great place to work. If yo are an actor, they most likely would accommodate for any auditions you may have.
A great place to work and make a difference
Chief Information Officer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 15, 2015
An amazing organization with amazing people putting amazing art on stage. Center Theatre Group is truly a great place to work and see how what you do makes a difference in the community and in the world of culture.
Fast-paced working environment but rewarding
Education and Community Partnerships, Intern (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 3, 2015
It's a very fast-paced environment. Every minute has its own value and challenge. But you will see your work come to a tangible cultural product later, which is very rewarding. You've got complimentary theatre tickets as well.
Great company, not so great salaries
Educational Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 16, 2014
CTG was a wonderful place to work. I loved the company and my co-workers. However, my salary was terrible.
Productive and fun place to work.
Ticket Operations (Current Employee) –  Lynwood, CAJune 4, 2013
This was an incredible job, with a great work culture. I learned how to effectively market products to a large consumer base. Management was great, and very encouraging. My co-workers were as well. The hardest part of the job was not getting paid because I was a intern, but the perks definitely outweighed that.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Intern
I was an intern and everyone is so nice!
America Student Leaders" Paid Intern (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA May 29, 2013
I loved being an intern at CTG! Everyone was so great and sweet! My favorite department is the education department and I feel like CTG values their employees and they all create very good bonds and have great respect for each other and majority of them have a passion for what they do.
Pros
Working with awesome people!
Cons
Great place if you love the arts
employee (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 7, 2013
I love working here. My boss is amazing and flexible and the pay is low but for what I do there could be more potential with time. Higher level management is a little distant but a real solid place to work
Pros
free shows, cool people, wear what you want
Cons
pay is a little low
Leading not for profit theatre company in Los Angeles
Associate Director of Marketing (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 28, 2013
I manage a talented marketing team as we promote exciting live theatre productions at 3 different venues year round. There is a great deal of passion and drive amongst the staff and we all work very closely together toward a common goal.