Centerplate Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
enthusiastic work environment
Hositality server (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTMay 13, 2018
Working for this company is fun never a dull moment. We are all have to drop our personal problems at the door and cater to the customer needs. We really go above and beyond to make sure that the customer is satisfied. Once adjusted into the company you will feel like family.
Pros
Watch concerts
Cons
No breaks
review
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 12, 2018
Centerplate offered a whole new door for me, it showed me a new work enviroment and a new structure of work, lots of positive things came from working there and i've really enjoyed the experience i've had there thus far.
Experiencia work&travel
Cajera - Recepcionista (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, New YorkMay 10, 2018
En esta experiencia de trabajar en EEUU, mi nivel de inglés me ayudó a escalar bastante. Me asignaron como cajera al inicio en la cafetería de niños; asimismo, a las semanas después tuve que ocupar el puesto de recepcionista. Esto me ayudó en mis relaciones interpersonales ya que estaba en contacto directo con el cliente y también tenía a mi cargo una pequeña cabaña de waffles.
La parte más difícil del trabajo fue el idioma, porque en ciertas ocasiones querías expresarte y el no saber decir algunas frases o palabras te limitaba.
Pros
Pago de horas extra.
Long labor intensive work
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMay 10, 2018
A lot of set up and pulling carts full of items for banquet setup. People are from different walks of life and all seem to get along with each other. Some came from other staffing services. Very tiring work and a lot of walking and moving around all day.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No benefits for part time
Decent place to work, good people
Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 7, 2018
Travel is very available if you want it. One year I hit platinum at enterprise by April.
The people are great, it's a hospitality company, and everyone conforms to a people person type personality.
great company to work for
Verifier, Cash Teller (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMay 3, 2018
great company, pay was good for what hired for, flexible hours as you work around sporting events. Flexible schedules and hours. Great company and fun .
great energy and work environment
Csr (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 2, 2018
GOING THROUGHOUT the Stands selling products to customers. Vending Cokes,sprites,wateres.snowcones etc. Hardest part was carrying the big tub throughout the night.
All around amazing place to work if you like to move, meet new people and enjoy your job
Catering Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ocean City, MDApril 25, 2018
I love working here the management and other employees are amazing people. It is fast paced and I get to meet new people and learn new things! I would definitely recommend this job!
Pros
Free lunches, great people, fun environment
Go Iowa Cubs!
Vending Manager (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAApril 19, 2018
Working at Principal Park is so much fun! The job is easy and the employees are awesome. Great summer job for college students or people who want to work but also have time to travel in between games.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
scattered shifts
Fun place to work
Food Server (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 18, 2018
Sometimes is a high stress work environment , is a safe place to work , the Hr manager is always available and we are union culinary workers , but I'm the number18 and sometimes I don't work .
Pros
Free lunch .
Cons
We have jobs only when we have conventions .
Good place
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MSApril 16, 2018
Good place because i worked with a lot of my classmates. it was a lot of younger people where who worked with me and went to school with me and we all worked great together.
Wonderful Work Environment
Warehouse Associate Lead (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 15, 2018
Wish there could have been more of a extended period of work so that you could actually work full time. Besides that, the environment and people you encountered was always delightful.
Pros
Discounts on items
Cons
Short hours
Timbers!!!
Lead Field Seat Server, Catering. (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 14, 2018
I absolutely love working in an atmosphere like an MLS match, a NBA game or a MLB shut out!!!! The catering staff is amazing along with the Key Bank Club attention to detail and always helping each other out. I was here for 6 years, enjoyed every minute of it.
Pros
Smiles and constant teamwork.
Cons
nada.
I enjoyed working seasonal with centerplate it was a fun job with some tasks proving to be a challenge without help.
Backline Worker (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 12, 2018
A typical day at Centerplate can be very busy. I learned team work helps get a lot done. It is much better to be collaborative then just perform all tasks on your own. Some task will be difficult to perform but workers all know ways to make it easier and more beneficial to you at work. The workplace is a fun environment because while you work you can watch the game while the pace of the purchases of customers slows up. That and being able to get free food on break is the most enjoyable part of my seasonal job there.
Pros
free food on break
Cons
breaks are on the manager's time
Seasonal Job for most people, sports games
Lead Chef (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSApril 11, 2018
This job is very challenging when it's busy. Lots of long hours on your feet. A very intense amount of walking on hard concrete. 8-10 miles a day at least.
Regular pay, seaonsal for most people because sports don't go year round.
Pros
Good money in the on season
Cons
no money if there's no sports games
Productive work place had food to feed you
Server/Waiter (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 11, 2018
Job was great you worked good hours and if you wanted over time they would let you work and at break they feed you they made sure you never was hungry that way you can do a better job then it was also someone there to help you when you needed it on site any where
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Medium breaks
It was okay for a new experience
Food Cook (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 10, 2018
It was slow the cooks fight with each other over working shift. So being that it a cutthroat job but the people that mattered most were the vetrans. I would work here again.Q
its an event based company for superdome and wwii museum and for convention center
Food Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAApril 9, 2018
it is exciting. i learned to most of my customer service from this company...i also experienced how to deal with vip clients. i also got to see how important we are to sporting events.
Pros
1/2 price on food and drinks
Cons
its only seasonal
Seasonal Position
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  IndianaApril 2, 2018
Seasonal position, I would work this job as a seasonal position this is not a permanent job b any means
very fast paced great atmosphere wonderful temp position
Work is not shared equally or fairly
Banquet Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 29, 2018
Upper management plays favorites with employees and managers. Some managers are not forced to complete as much work as others and some are held to high standards.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Centerplate. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight