Centerplate Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
example: a typical day at sloppy joes
server/ food prep (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 16, 2018
we always have our fun times, and our moments when floor managers walk in and check if everything we are doing is correct. it get's real crazy when food is everywhere and its time to clean up. some workers don't even stay to clean up that is the worst part cleaning up and all your team members leave you and three others to do the cleaning. we do everything in our stand from giving the customers there food to cleaning up plus cooking .
Pros
free food
Cons
short breaks, not enough pay
Good Summer Job for First-Timers
Picnic Server/Runner (Former Employee) –  White Plains, MDAugust 13, 2018
Working with Centerplate at Blue Crabs Stadium was a good way for first-timers to get some basic work experience in concessions. Tasks are fairly simple, but can get a but boring after the initial rush. There were little breaks and sometimes there were no other tasks to do except for waiting for more tasks. Management was good, but constant under staffing meant a lot of last-minute employee scheduling for games later in the season.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Little Breaks, constant standing
Great place to work at.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 10, 2018
It was a great place to work for until the Chargers left. Also, they did not help me out to refer me to other jobs I was applying to. That is why I give them a low review. The managers were great.
could have been better
Chef/Banquet Chef (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 8, 2018
crazy work no timemoff dont appriate hardworking people. the hours are crazy, to many rules that they pick and choose who follows which makes the wrok place unfair.
Pros
work
Cons
working us like dogs and never respect how much we do work.
Supervisor
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYAugust 8, 2018
Fast pace, making difficult decision which of product needs to be restocked on the store shelf counter and how many product needs to be order for example frozen beef patties, hot dogs meat ball etc. work was under pressure while on task and making calls for what needs to be repaired so that we do not have any complains from customer point of view complain. I learned to communicate very well with customer service which help me build strong decisions. the most enjoyable part of working as a supervisor is viewing customer enjoying there product that you help with.
Pros
Free lunches and paid vacation
Cons
short break
Good
Dishwasher/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 8, 2018
It’s a pretty relaxed place to work at it not no easy work but when the event are over dishes get stacked to the ceiling and they just keep coming like it’s no tomorrow.
Fun Starter Job
Catering Attendant (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MSAugust 4, 2018
I wish this job wasn't seasonal, I had so much fun working at Centerplate. The management staff was great and made the day worth while. The atmosphere is laid back as long as you do what your supposed to do and keep up with the pace.
Fun workplace.
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Flushing, NYAugust 4, 2018
Best company and Management I’ve ever worked for. Enjoyed working with people traveling from all over. I’m hoping Centerplate opens more consseions in the New York area.
Fun workplace
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 1, 2018
A typical day for is cashiering deal with new people as well as new personalities I learn different things with money and people like different prices on menu items and how differently people like there food. Management on a regular day is usually calm but busy the job usually very busy , one of the hardest parts of my job is telling My costumer no and the easy my be dealing with happy people and making other happy .
Pros
We get to watch games
Cons
We don’t get to eat
Centerplate atmosphere
Cash Attendant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 1, 2018
I like working here. There have been a few times when I have worked where I have been yelled at and demeaned by the supervisor. My weight is ridiculed a lot. I know the supervisor does not mean any harm but that does not take away from the fact that things were said to me that I did not appreciate or like. I have cried many times.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No benefits and sometimes no work
Fast Paced, Kitchen enviorment
cook (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 30, 2018
A typical work day consisted of meal prep, serving meals, and organizing storage facilities. I learned new recipes and cooking methods. Management was better than average. The head chef and assistant chef were always there for any issue I had.
Pros
Health care, free food
Cons
fast paced and high volume
Work was busy. Outdated location
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 28, 2018
Old stadium. Needed to get renovated. Lunch meals that where provided sucks. Easy to get to by public transportation unless you have a late shift, manager can work with you.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Pay raises suck
Amazing
Banquet server (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 27, 2018
Awesome company to work for. Hopefully we will get more work when the las vegas convention center is expanded so I will not need to supplement my income
Catering Company
Catering Manager (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTJuly 25, 2018
I only worked temporarily for this company during my days of traveling on the road . I was more focused on the job at hand and the people i worked with, rather than the company
Good Place to work
Concession Worker/Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJuly 19, 2018
average day count stock,sell items to customer, clean up shut down, count the books.Management was always in good mood so was the staff just a good place to be.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
If its busy you might not get a break
A typical workday
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MSJuly 10, 2018
You would start off with a short meeting, and begin by cleaning the workplace and preparing things for the day. During work hours breaks are taken when there is time for one (varies by position). The hardest part of the job would be the stress received from customers. The most enjoyable part of the job is also the good interaction received by customers,
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
Stress from customers
A great place to work
Concessions (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 10, 2018
I enjoyed working at Saints games, and got to work during events as well. I would recommend this job to anyone who enjoys working big events, and is looking for fast paced work.
i have nothing to say about this company
Banquet Captain (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 10, 2018
I have nothing to say about this company, other than I enjoyed all of the interesting venues i got to work at. I'm not even sure if they are currently in business.
Fun
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 9, 2018
Center-plate was a volunteer job that i work at in High School. It was a good stepping stone for when i get a paid job. When working here you're working the Saint games, pelican games, and any other conventions that are at the Super Dome or Arena.
How i feel about centerplate
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Wantagh, NYJuly 5, 2018
I enjoyed working with centerplate. I learned many new things and met many new people . My coworkers were the best team i had their and i enjoyed being in a friendly environment. Their is no hard part to my job. I am a quick learner so their weren't any complications for me .
Pros
Dicounts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Centerplate. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss