Centerplate Employee Reviews

the art of weorking for the baseball company
Food/Beverage Server, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 16, 2018
the company at hand makes for that I worked at the food/drink stand and cleaning and sanitation of the company.. I have been making company policies of customer service skills
Fun fast paced job
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  North Conway, NHOctober 16, 2018
I only worked the Ski Season with Centerplate at Cranmore Mountain in North Conway Nh. It was easy to learn and the team was great if someone got stressed and needed to breath for a moment. Some crowds can get rowdy.
Pros
Fun fast paced job
Cons
Seasonal
great pay typical day was 12-14 hours very physically demanding
coffee server (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 11, 2018
It was a job that was fun great money,I liked most of the people I worked with but I spent more time with them than anyone else. I could not imagine being single w/small child and doing this job too.
Pros
great pay, liked most of people I worked with.
Cons
long hours tomuch heavy lifting, short breaks, very physical job.
Productive, fun place to work
RETAIL WORKER (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 8, 2018
The work day is never the same as the last. The conventions make the job there very worth while. as well as the people, they make it interesting. I was able to enhance my people skills, as well as learn how to cook somewhat. The managers are great and caring about their workers. Very understanding and generous people. The hardest part would be navigating to different parts of the building.
Fast pace, highly competitive, progressive
Kitchen Manager/first cook (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEOctober 7, 2018
In the past three years of working for Centerplate, I've been able to progress from a fey cook to a manager. Between upstairs(the sky boxes and diamond club) and downstairs (the concession stands and portable stands) there is always competition to see who will have a better night or weekend, which drives my staff and I to work harder. How ever since it is a baseball stadium, it does take most've my weekeds, but in the end its all worth it!
Pros
discount in store, travel
Cons
No weekends/ time of
Now part of Sodexo
Director of Purchasing (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCOctober 6, 2018
Good company culture and good people, Wide variety of opportunities and opportunity for growth/advancement. Locations world wide. Salaried as well as hourly positions available.
Fun place to work
Line Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 1, 2018
Except for the pay, because cut be a little bit more, was really wood to work there because the co-worker treat you like family, even the manager and all they staff
Pros
Free food
Cons
Few hours
Poor management of employees time and resources
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Oahu Island, HISeptember 26, 2018
I work at Centerplate in Paradise Cove in Hawaii. Been there since May 2018 as a seasonal worker. They don't clean the kitchen nor dishes thoroughly and supervisors yell at employees who are slow or if your standing still. Buffet areas are messy and your left at times to monitor several lines replenishing hot food by yourself.
They don't offer enough hours to anyone, but supervisors and senior employees and the pay is minimum wage as a food server. The heat and gnats are bad where the buffet food is served.
Management will schedule temporary employees, but they don't have a quick hiring process to provide full perm staffing and they don't provide timely pay increases. At times, this location is under staffed and the food servers are also doing work as dishwashers because they don't want to hire more ppl for that position. Poor management by the GM who "hears what your saying, but WON'T do *anything* about it".
Pros
Free dinner
Cons
Poor leadership and poor management of resources.
fun and didnt want to leave
Starbucks Manager/ Retail Outlet Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 19, 2018
good loved it would go back if i could wanted to stay but couldnt due to issues outside of immediate manger and general manger control . would like to find another locale
Pros
was a great place to be
Cons
they had to leave
Awesome workplace
Accounting Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 18, 2018
Great place to work! the people are great workers. I would recommend this company to anyone as it treats their employees fair and honest. Upper Leadership are great people
Love working the football games
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 18, 2018
I love working with the customers ive been there for 10 years have grown attached to my suite holders and the other employees i have trained most of them there i seen them come and go i love doing what i do there
Cons
Could have more home games
Comic con and auto show events
HR Administer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYSeptember 18, 2018
Centerplate have given me that opportunity for an internship. I learned how teamwork is managed and how effective time management for the catering business. Overall it's broaden my view of how a business is managed.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Limited opportunities to grow
I enjoyed working at Centerplate.
Porter (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 17, 2018
Working at Centerplate was enjoyable, it gave me the opportunity to better understand how to work in a teamwork type of environment. It was an independent working job for the most part which I liked.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Not that many hours
Not really a good place to work
Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Madison, WISeptember 17, 2018
In my opinion and many others in my position centerplate is not a equal opportunity company. It's alot of favourtizem going on behind closed doors. They don't treat their employees fair and work u until ur body or mind can't take it anymore. All in all I wouldn't recommend anyone for any position with this company
Fun & Fast Pace
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LASeptember 13, 2018
You Go to Every Event Free Because You Would Most Likely Work The Events, But If The City Teams Are Not Doing Well During The Season, Its Possible That Your Hours May Get Cut Drasticly.
Pros
Every Event Is Free To Attend
Cons
No Position Or Pay Upgrades
Great tourist attraction
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Waipahu, HISeptember 12, 2018
Working at centerplate is not really a hard job. Getting up 3:00 can be tiring and most of the employees dont get enough sleep because of having multiple jobs. Hardest part of the job could be staying awake or at the end of the day counting all the money. Though most of the time satisfied about the position I'm in. Customer service is great and we've become busy lately due to the weather. I've learned a lot about counting money and keeping my count in the end. Overall, Centerplates a great company.
Pros
Free lunch, free football tickets, more free food from customers/employees
Cons
Too many hours and always short on workers
Something different every time
FUNDRAISING VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 10, 2018
There was always something different going on depending on which event you were working. Football games, basketball games, and concerts are more fun to work and you experience a lot of interesting things.
fun past paced environment
Banquet Captain/Supervisor/Events Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lake Placid, NYSeptember 7, 2018
Great employment opportunities for many skill levels. advancement opportunities. fun but disciplined management. long days on feet. a bit disorganized at times.
Centerplate
Beer Server (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WASeptember 7, 2018
It was a good job but it was'nt enough to sustain a life to live alone even. It was nice at lunch but for the most part it didnt give out enough hours. There was no job stability to say the less.
Friendly teamwork
Fry Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wantagh, NYSeptember 5, 2018
It’s a great summer experience to see a mix of people from all over coming to the beach. It was a very diverse group of workers but it was a lot of team work.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Heat no air

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Centerplate. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight