Centerplate Employee Reviews

It was FUN!
Skybox Attendant (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 20, 2019
I'd recommend any who likes new experiences, meeting new people and of football, Centerplate is the place.

My first year there I was skybox attendant for Bud Adams.
Great place
Line Cook II (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJanuary 19, 2019
I had a lot of fun working at Centerplate. It was a laid back but fast past place. I would recommend it to anyone. The Chefs are great trainers and really care. If I lived in the area I would still be there!!
Pros
Great management!!
Cons
Low hours in the off season.
Fun
Consessions/catering (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJanuary 14, 2019
You were able to see all functions for free, free parking pass for all shows. Pay was great and got enough hours to live off. Customers gave great types. Fast paced environment but fun place to work.
Pros
Fun place, nice management
Intern
Human Resources Intern (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 12, 2019
I enjoyed it here as an intern. Lovely staff and people. I enjoyed the commute to the place, I enjoyed the building because it was beautiful. I also enjoyed the free meals when they were served.
A good job experience
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 10, 2019
I worked around Chef something I have never done. It was a great feeling to be around a good Chef and learn from them. I have more experience know then I ever had. That why I want to move foward and better my future for me and my three boys.
Worked on gamed baseball games
Vending Room Lead/Worker (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 10, 2019
Worked heard some games. Some Games days where slow . The people where awesome. The people watching with the drunks is fun. I enjoyed the place and the people.
Pros
Up to $8.00 Free lunch, Free games
Cons
No breaks
Stressful
Barback (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 9, 2019
If you cannot handle pressure, this job is not for you. A typical day would be running up and down the very large stadium carrying pulling boxes filled with heavy thing such as beer bottles and bags of ice. My supervisor was a great guy, he looked out for his employees but would let you know in front of the rest of the employees if you did wrong.
Fun working place
Catering Manager (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 9, 2019
It was a good place to work good people to interact with and you learn new things everyday I enjoyed my time there the work was simple meeting very important people is what I love seeing Smiles on their faces when they walk into the room and see that their room was set up the way that the Emagine it was breathtaking
Pros
We got the drink for free I eat free
Cons
If we needed to break all we had to do was ask
Working at Centerplate
IT Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYDecember 26, 2018
I worked for Centerplate at the Saratoga Race Track for a few months as an IT Support. I typically fixed minor technical problems with the iPads at various restaurants on the site. Sometimes there were problems with the operating systems but they were few and far between. I learned how to better problem solve from doing this job. I got a lot of help from those who were more experienced than me when I first arrived. They were very helpful in explaining what typical problems I would encounter and how to handle them. As a result, I would define Centerplate as having good, productive workplace culture. The hardest part of the job was encountering a problem I didn't know how to solve that needed to be fixed urgently. The most enjoyable part of the job was that I received helpful advice from more experienced IT personnel. I also enjoyed the work flexibility which allow me to pursue my other work as a Judo Instructor.
Pros
Discount lunches
Cons
Various restaurants to manage
Not reliable
Line Server (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 25, 2018
You only work when there are events and the schedule goes according to seniority. Not reliable check. Weeks off with no pay. Apply for unemployment after 6 months.
Fun environment with the sports games
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 17, 2018
On a regular store day you are told to be there at 10 and get off at 5. On gamedays it depends on the time of the game for example if the game was to start at 7 we would be there at 1-2 and sometimes we had noon games when we had to be at work at 6:00 a.m
Pros
50% off merchandise
Cons
Low salary
Fast-paced environment with time constraints but rewarding
Mixologist/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WADecember 14, 2018
To some it would be considered hard work but to those that are more motivated physically it's a rewarding job that has its benefits in regards to the clientele that you get to serve and the events that you get to be a part of
Pros
The food's always a bonus
Cons
Physically demanding
Extremely physical, congenial staff, difficult work hours
HOSPITALITY SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TEXASDecember 11, 2018
Centerplate manages hospitality services at a major regional convention facility in Dallas, Texas. Employment hours are sporadic and experience based with longer- term employees getting more hours. Compensation is hourly. Work requires excellent physical conditioning as the facility is very large and requires 2-4 miles of walking/ shift. Employees should expect to do heavy lifting and moving of heavy equipment and food products during their entire shift. Shift hours are variable and notification of future hours can be extremely short. Must be capable of standing during the entire shift which can be up to 12 hours. Management is congenial but personal requirements such as uniform, clocking in and out, no outside communication, etc. are rigorously enforced. Lunch is free but unpaid.
Pros
Free company lunch
Cons
No benefits, difficult work hours, poor work schedule communication
Fun
Backroom Team Member (Former Employee) –  Northport, ALDecember 10, 2018
Great place to work for a great start
Would definitely let my future kids work there . Great work environment and would definitely recommend to others
Can be a fun place to work . Many friendly people there
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 5, 2018
Been working there for 15 years seen lots of people come and go. . There are alot of friendly people there. It's like a family setting. Everyone works together help when needed. There are a few people that go above and beyond for you.
Pros
Work well with your schedule
Cons
It can get cold in the building when it's cold and hot when it's hot.
Fun and fast paced job that you love to work to have.
Principal Park (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IADecember 5, 2018
-Show up to work in proper work uniform

-Meet for job distribution and tablets to take orders and set up rooms with

-Go to your rooms and set them up for the parties you have and make sure the cooks are preparing the food they preordered

- When parties show up introduce yourself to the card holder and have food when in the room when they say they want it there and take drink orders

-Take care of the room until they leave and then clean the room and do dishes
Pros
Free food and drinks, great pay and tips, amazing staff and manager. Flexibility with jobs and skills. Flexible hours and great pace of job.
Cons
No cons
Fun working environment
Runner/Event set up (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIDecember 1, 2018
I enjoyed working at center plate,they were nice people to work with. I did enjoy the events I worked and they were fun. While working at center plate I learned a lot from my team.
Overall, not a bad place to work
Accounts Receivable Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 30, 2018
Posted cash daily, made collection calls as needed, usually only twice a month.
Responsible for taking food orders for the skyboxes that would be used for each event. Billing for those events, auditing all paperwork, balancing daily event monies to the vault report.
Pros
Small events offered passes for attendance
Ok
Cook (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WANovember 26, 2018
Over all the places a good work environment lots of area and lots of things to learn from the most part all employees are wonderful to work with with a few exceptions are minor setbacks other than that I enjoyed working at the events and with the company
Pros
Good food
Cons
Getting to work parking and timing with events
Lonche gratis. Warehouse man
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 15, 2018
Poco dificil debido a tener que buscar donde hay espasio para acomodar cosas del freezer. Los eventos son interesantes

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Centerplate. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss