CenterPoint Energy Employee Reviews

Fast pace
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 19, 2019
In this department most days will filled with assisting with complex issues related to correcting documentation, working with front line operations personnel to improve processes
benefits
Good Companu
Customer Service Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 16, 2019
CenterPoint is a great place to work, but not in the call center as an agent. I had to resign as they would not help me with my school. I was two months from graduating and receiving my bachelors and management refuse to work with my school schedule.
Not a good company
Telesales Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 15, 2019
I worked for Centerpoint in Houston. They do not follow the company values or mission. It's very retaliatory to it's employee's. They do not balance home or work life. The managers are not helpful and they work you like a dog. The base is 11.00 and the goals to obtain to get the commission pay is not obtainable. I would not recommend this company. Very high turnover
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Work you like a dog do not care about its employees
Centerpoint was a great place to work.
Transaction Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 15, 2019
Centerpoint was a great place to work. Very knowledgeable workforce with an excellent work life balance.I would recommend Centerpoint to anyone seeking employment in the deregulated electricity industry.
Safety conscience.
Risk Management (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 6, 2019
*Company drives core values: Safety, Integrity, Respect, Accountability, Initiative.
* Leadership appreciates creativity and initiative
* Strong work ethic appreciated
Pros
Community conscience
Great place to work for...
METER SERVICE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 3, 2019
Great place to work for, plenty room for growth and great benefits. Great work hours, yearly bonus. Paid vacations and sick days. I will highly recommend this company to anyone.
good environment
Modis Contractor (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARFebruary 26, 2019
The work was awesome. I could work at my own pace and enjoyed my coworkers. Miss working there and the people I worked with. My supervisor was really great
Good hours for not the best pay; typical incompetent management
Middle Management (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 20, 2019
Would you like to spend your day doing "meetings" without getting any actual work done, all for below-market pay? Then CenterPoint Energy is for you!

Senior Management doesn't leave much employee confidence: for example, 300 corporate jobs got "impacted" as a result of the ACQUISITION of Vectren (that management insisted should be called a "merger" for political correctness). The severance terms CNP's own employees got were actually MUCH WORSE than those of the Vectren people who were impacted. Why? Because, while Vectren cared about its employees and fought hard for them, CNP senior management doesn't care about its employees at all -- only profit! Do you really want to work for a company with this kind of internal culture... a company, which thinks a "green" initiative means treating its employees as a renewable resource?
Pros
It's a fairly dull and "secure" position -- when you aren't being laid off.
Cons
Pay is terrible compared to market. Way too many meetings.
Great company with lots of opportunities
Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARFebruary 15, 2019
It's a great company with good benefits and work/life balance schedules. CNP University gives the employees opportunities to take online/virtue classes.
Great Place to work
Director Damage Prevention (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77002February 14, 2019
People are enjoyable to work with / for and this is a great place to work. Little or no pressure at work. Work life balance. Management is strong and very knowledgeable.

Want to know more about CenterPoint Energy?

Ask a question
old school mentallity
Regulatory Compliance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 13, 2019
needs work of company culture. Alot of politics, hard to advance due to outdated company culture. Its not about what you know at this company more about who you know.
CNP - Great Organizatin
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 6, 2019
CenterPoint is a great company and excellent benefits - Expect to work hard, but well compensated for your efforts. The expectations are set very high and you will be pushed to meet, but you will be well compensated for your efforts.
Pros
Excellent pay and benefits
Cons
Promotions based on who you know and politics
Great safety culture!
Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 4, 2019
Great safety and corporate culture! There was room to grow and the company offered numerous professional development opportunities. The most important part of the job was working with the hands-on employees to see what they see in the field and at customer locations.
Great Job with opportunity for Growth
Service Technician I (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJanuary 30, 2019
This was my first job with great benefits. It had great opportunity for growth throughout the company and many overtime opportunities. I wouldn't leave this job if I didn't have to.
Good job and good pay.
Construction and Maintenance Technician II (Current Employee) –  Lufkin, TXJanuary 20, 2019
A typical day is getting the crew truck ready and heading out to fix gas lines or install new. You learn about gas transportation and maintenance. Management is nice and resourceful. Working in all weather conditions is probably the hardest part for people. Most enjoyable part is being outside all the time and working with others.
Pros
Stable job and great benefits
Cons
Physically Demanding
Centerpoint Energy
GIS Technician Lead (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 12, 2019
A great company to work for excellent work environment very professional and down to earth. I would not have left but it was a contract job and the project was completed.
Gis specialist
GIS Infrastructure Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 12, 2019
decent place to work. work life balance is great too. good co worker. good company over all. not much room for improvement..........................................
Great place to work.
Appliance Repair Technician (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 10, 2019
My job at Centerpoint is appliance repair. Most of my day is spent driving to customers home and fixing their appliance. Technical knowledge is needed for this job. The hardest part of the job is you are always working on different things you might have never worked on before but the support you get from other technicians is great. The benefits are the best I have ever had including 6% 401 k match and a 5% pension after 3 years.
Pros
Great pay, Union, Benefits are amazing.
Cons
Mandated overtime can be overwhelming sometimes.
Good place
Wharehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXJanuary 6, 2019
Laid back but becomes fast pace during power outages. Good people work beside you, management very easy to talk to. Used to be union work not sure about how it is these days though.
A great collaborative work environment.
Geographic Information Systems Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 19, 2018
Working for the project that I have has been very enjoyable. While the work itself is not overly difficult, it can tedious at times. My favorite part of working here has been the people that I work with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CenterPoint Energy. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at CenterPoint Energy.

Powered by Comparably