CenterPointe Employee Reviews

Toxic Management.
N/A (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NENovember 4, 2019
A tragedy of epic proportions. The most toxic work environment imaginable. It's like being trapped in high school detention with maladjusted bullies and frustrated wannabe cheerleaders. People with little or no moral compass.

The only upside is helping those who are less fortunate.
Community support worker
Community Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEOctober 6, 2019
While I valued my co-workers that were on the same administrative level as myself those that were higher up did not seem to care about us. The HR person at the time was unreasonable and played favorites. She seemed to make decisions inconsistently and employees were disciplined differently.
hard job
Specialist & Recovery Support Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJune 11, 2019
No raises aside from cost of living, no way to move up, horrible insurance, overloaded work load, no extra incentives, small, cramped, dark, know you are at the bottom.
Challenging Work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  OmahaNovember 24, 2018
The people you work with here are what makes the job worthwhile. Though, you can never disconnect due to a chat app that is constantly running, which makes life stressful.
Pros
Co-workers, flexible schedule
Cons
High turn over, inability to disconnect
Great Place to Work
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJuly 16, 2018
A truly great place to work. My supervisor is amazing to work with and gives me leeway to do my job but has strong, set expectations. The culture is welcoming and the people focus on doing good work.
Company has a great mission, but upper management lacks communication and planning skills.
System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJuly 14, 2018
This company has great potential to positively impact the community. It's success is due to the hard working front line employees that daily go above and beyond. Upper management has a tendency to make decisions with little forethought so is reactionary. There are a lot of meetings but little communication.
Pros
Flexability on work schedule. Great co-workers
Cons
Upper management is self-absorbed and reactionary.
the people were awesome to work with
Accounting Representative (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEMarch 12, 2018
paying accounts payable bills for Lincoln and Omaha locations
most enjoyable part of day was our morning huddles where we all got together and discussed our plan for the day.
Great Company
Outpatient Staff (Current Employee) –  OutpatientFebruary 6, 2018
Great Benefits for an individual
Great company, volunteering opportunities, benefits, and co-workers
Good Working environment
Great teamwork.
Overall it is a great place to work.
Cons
Insurance is offered for dependents but, the premiums are very high.
stressfull environment
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJanuary 15, 2018
Communication is basically non-existent. Expectations set employees up to fail. Employees are treated like they are replaceable. Client numbers is more important than client care.
Ok
IT Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJune 23, 2017
Very generous vacation, sick leave, personal days, salaries are midrange, advancement is difficult, communications from top to bottom is non existent. Upper management meets, makes decisionsthat affect many staff, and unfortunately don't pass the information along.
Pros
Vacation, sick leave, personal days, very accommodating around time off needs for family or whatever.
Cons
Overtime is non-existent, staff struggles to complete paperwork because of workload and meeting requirements.
Great Place/Horrible Management
Tech (Former Employee) –  Lincoln NEMay 5, 2017
I worked there for three years. I loved everything about the job the clients were amazing, and the job was easy and rewarding. The management was terrible. It was like we were back in high school, everyone wanted to be bosses favorite. My boss was horrible and down right abusive. When I left the company I asked specifically for an exit interview in person and via email but I was never granted one. Prior to leaving I had multiple meetings with HR and my boss. I didn't feel like I was supported by either. I really really really loved the job so I stayed but sometimes enough is enough. I wont ever refer anyone to work or stay in the specific program I worked in because it was just that bad. My peers agreed with me about how bad it was but ended up leaving instead of addressing the issues because they were scared of the boss and what he would do if we talked about the issues there.
Pros
Great clients, good program
Cons
My Boss :(
Great entry position for Psych or Healthcare
Technician (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEMay 4, 2017
My time at Centerpointe allowed me a first hand look into the world of health care in the field of addiction recovery. Not only does Centerpointe deal with the addiction but they also provide treatment that involves the mental health of the clients which is often co-occuring. As a tech I was responsible for the grunt work: security monitoring, assisting with client needs, overseeing group activities. As a Psychology major this job offered a fantastic hands on learning experience. The difficult thing about this job is finding the balance of being authoritative yet friendly with clients. Occasionally the very nature of clients problems can make it difficult to sort out issues and concerns.
Innovative and growing workplace
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEOctober 19, 2016
I love the people I worked with and the clients we get to work with too. Management was always open to feedback and even the executives are accessible which is really cool. Even as the company grows it continues to stay in the front of trends and provide top-of-the-line services, while remaining a great mix of small company and "industry leading" organization. I was sad to have to leave, but I have referred many friends here too.
Compasionate
Nursing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJanuary 21, 2016
Excellent providers. Team environment, employee friendly. The pay isn't the best because it is a non-profit organization. The benefits are great for a single person without dependents.
Good staff looking to help clients
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJanuary 20, 2016
Technicians spend the majority of their time interacting with clients and logging groups. It is enjoyable to work with clients and help them make changes, but hard to see them relapse during or after leaving treatment.
Laid back and good work environment
Technician (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJuly 6, 2015
Centerpointe is very laid back and an easy place to work. Probably the easiest job I have ever had. I spend most of my time with the clients or doing paperwork. I enjoy the clients I work with as well as my fellow co-workers. The supervisor I have is very nice and understanding. My supervisor is always willing to work with me for days off. The hardest part of the job is kicking clients out of the house for substance abuse issues. The most enjoyable is that you get free lunch and dinner if you are working those hours.
Pros
Free Lunch and Dinner, good supervisors, easy to get time off
Cons
Mostly only part time jobs and no benefits for part time employees
Centerpointe is a good company to work for.
Outpatient staff (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJune 13, 2015
Consumer oriented, does great work for consumers with low or no income. Housing first philosophy. Provides benefits for staff.
Provides substance use and mental health services.
Nice Place to work.
Residential Tech (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJuly 25, 2014
It's a nice place to work.Management listens to ideas and concerns.
Great teamwork throughout the entire agency.
Peer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEDecember 16, 2013
Management was very caring and supported me while I went to school. They easily accommodated for employee's in their family lives. There is much comraderie and teamwork amongst everyone making for a great work environment. There is no typical day at work. Each day fluctuates depending on client needs. I've learned to be more assertive and confident in myself. The hardest part of my job was working with and supporting someone for a long while and have them be otherwise discharged only to never see them again. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to spend time building trusting relationships with someone and being able to share my past experiences with them and to give them some hope.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEMarch 21, 2012
This was a part time job during college. Great flexibility although there weren't as many hours to fill my needs because there were so many employees. Overall and enjoyable experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CenterPointe. Our community is ready to answer.

CenterPointe Reviews by Location