Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Employee Reviews

4.3
Ratings breakdown
CDC was a good place to work with a busy environment
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 13, 2018
Enjoyed working for the Center for Disease Control. Busy environment with lots of productive training. Management and staff were very friendly. Very busy environment with lots of travel orders to prepare. Stressful and times because of travel deadlines.Hardest part of job was processing travel orders and having them returned because of incorrect travel dates and requests from staff persons.
Pros
great training, pleasant working environment
Cons
Heavy travel
Daily
Project Officer/Grants Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 29, 2018
I have worked at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for many years. Much experience gained from personnel actions to project officer. I have worked using the many specified programs obligated for CDC use only.
Good Job Security
Behavioral Scientist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 27, 2018
Agency provides good job security. Good place to work with colleagues who are like-minded. Agency is a leader in public health and you have an opportunity to branch out across the various centers within the agency.
Great Place To Do A Fellowship
Postdoc Research Fellow, Oak Ridge Institute (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 26, 2018
The Center's for Disease Control and Prevention is a great place to do a fellowship, and an even better place to work. The institution is well-respected and the pay is great.
I enjoyed my time.
Eagle Medical Service Contractor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA 30329June 12, 2018
I worked with a great group of people and I enjoyed working under contract for the CDC. I wish that I could have got more training and was considered for full time employment with the CDC. I have been apply trying to get a another job with CDC but full time employment jobs are hard to get seemingly for me. If another opportunity arise for me I would gladly accept a job with CDC.
Fun upbeat workplace
Senior Health and Fitness Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 9, 2018
I enjoy working at the CDC. It is a positive, upbeat environment. Hours are great and the benefits package provided is also top notch. I would highly recommend this job.
Enjoyed the changing work assignment and the challenge of the work itself
Public Health Advisor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix AZMay 22, 2018
Good career choice for me. Good retirement benefits and a feeling of accomplishment.
I accepted six different positions in different locations. The career moves were exciting and kept the work different and interesting. Also was assigned four TDY assignments in assist in emergency preparedness activities (usually for about 5 weeks per assignment).
Pros
Good career growth and learning opportunities.
Evaluation Fellow (ORISE) (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 16, 2018
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is a great place to work. A collaborative environment with colleagues that are working to improve public health.
The CDC provided many opportunities
Public Health Advisor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 8, 2018
The CDC provided many opportunities, but the management definitely needed to set clearer expectations. All work had to pass through multiple people before a decision could be made. Some higher people on the chain of command disagreed with people laterally and it is difficult to make progress with most projects.
Great Internship
Project IMHOTEP Fellow, Division of STD Prevention (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 5, 2018
The CDC offered an incredible internship! I was able to conduct scientific research with seasoned research specialists and analysts. My work was published in a scholarly journal!
Division of Executive Secretariat (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 30, 2018
Wonderful reputation, amazing people, working on cutting edge work. Great culture. Couldn't have been happier, but moved to a different city with my family.
I enjoyed my job very much and was able to be flexible
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 29, 2018
My work with CDC was taking care of a young lady with Dementia. I would help her get up in am, dress, eat breakfast,go for a ride in car, do errands, have lunch, plan activity, take walks, etc. I enjoyed it very much.
Pros
I could name events or trips we would take
Cons
Pay per hour was not sufficient for the exellent care I gave.
Extremely gratifying work
Team Lead - Epidemiologist (Former Employee) –  InternationalApril 26, 2018
Great leadership on the ground, imperative for the nature of the work. Very gratifying provision of public health service. Long hours and too many meetings.
Great learning experience
Public Health Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 12, 2018
The 2-year job assignment was filled with learning opportunities and trainings to become a more skilled public health worker. Can be frustrating to work in a government setting for administrative reasons, but overall provided me with the skills, opportunities, and experiences to advance my career somewhere new.
Stable employment where you can contribute to improving the health of our nation
Director Epidemiologist (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 11, 2018
I've been with CDC for nearly 20 years as a USPHS Commissioned Corp Officer microbiologist and epidemiologist. It was a great career choice for me! I've opportunities to work at the local, state, national and international level on a wide variety of public health initiatives. I'm proud of my contributions to the agency mission.
Great benefits and salary but poor management and resources
Epidemiologist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 8, 2018
The work is very meaningful and interesting, but the culture is very hierarchical and stifling, and employees are given insufficient tools to accomplish the very challenging requirements of this work.
Worked as a student
Student Lab Assistant/Biological Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COApril 4, 2018
Student job. Nice place and people. Though my perspective shouldn’t count. I barely had to interact with anyone and wasn’t involved in much so I actually don’t have fair perspective here.
Research Analyst (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 3, 2018
A great, challenging work environment that offers good work-life balance. One of the best places to be at if you work in the public health sector. Able to apply your skills and continue learning through training offered.
Great
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 2, 2018
If you are in the medical field this is where you would like to be. This provides the best case for anyone wanting to start a career in health. Great place to work.
Great experience
Web Content Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 26, 2018
A real learning environment; where you can develop skills to enhance your career. Although it is very difficult to be promoted, so you must make connections internally, if you have a chance.