Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Employee Reviews

Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 15, 2019
It is wonderful working for CDC and I would like to retire from this company as I would love to learn as much as I can with this company

I have learned a lot each and every day
Pros
na
Cons
na
US Military & Civilian Biological Research Test Kits Production
consultant (Former Employee) –  Unknown Cave Johnson County, KSFebruary 8, 2019
Be very careful in what you handle there. Temperature and humidity is important to watch in the freezers if the power goes out. Many of the shipments came up missing while I worked there. This was a temporary job I fulfilled until I regained full time work in my field of customer care.
Pros
none.
Cons
pay was horrible!
Subject to government shut down
Chief of Party and Director (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 7, 2019
Leading federal agency (under Department of Health and Human Services) that conducts and supports health promotion, prevention, and preparedness activities in the United States, with the goal of improving overall public health
Enjoyed the Mentoring and Training
Public Health Advisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 5, 2019
The most enjoyable part of the job was providing mentoring and training to new employees. I also enjoyed providing hands on counseling and treatment plans to local HIV/AIDS patients.

Management needed to improve hiring practices. The most qualified person was not always hired. There seemed to be favorite people or persons hired based on race.
Pros
free parking
Cons
limited eating places
Contantly learning
Senior Executive Assistance/Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 1, 2019
The CDC can be a little stressful, but overall a wonderful place t work. The Culture of the CDC can be exciting and very fulfilling. I love working at the CDC.
Pros
Diverse environment
Cons
Promotions are some to none (Contractor)
Database Administrator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 23, 2019
Great employees. A great atmosphere. Everyone wants to help each other. No unnecessary meetings. Get to telework a few days a week. Really laid back but at the same time we are getting a lot done.
Pros
People
Cons
Compensation
Productive place to work
Paint Technician (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCJanuary 4, 2019
I had a different work experience. The company was good for permanent employees. The hardest part of the job was coming to work and getting harassed by a permanent employee and nothing is done about it because you are a temp.
Pros
Money
Cons
Harassment
Good job.
Public Health Advisor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 2, 2019
it is a govt job with good benefits and sometimes stressful work/ life balance.

I am glad this job exists so i can pay my bills on time and do nice things for the govt.
Nstr
Watch Team Manager; Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 19, 2018
A state of Georgia certified Emergency Management Specialist GS-12 0089 and 0301 series, with 17 years of experience in emergency management operations, human capital management and administration. Performs in leadership positions within CDC Emergency Operations Center providing all-hazards public health emergency alert, notification and escalation, crisis management, and incident management support for all drills, exercises, and actual emergencies. Excellent knowledge of the National Response Framework and other relevant national policy and doctrine documents necessary to execute the concepts, principles, and practices of public health program emergency responses. I am an experience Project Manager. I have exceptional coordination and collaboration skills and excel at working with internal and external federal, state and local partners.
Pros
Good Place to Work
Cons
Some overseas travel
Youth Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Myer, VADecember 14, 2018
I didn’t like it he job isn’t for everyone good money bad management I don’t think they run the center well the hire family. Members and show favoritism.
Cons
A good place to work for public health professionals
Deputy Management Officer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 4, 2018
A good place to work for public health professionals. A decent amount of career growth opportunities. Flexible work schedules and ability to work from home on a regular basis.
Pros
work/life balance, flexible work schedules
Love the Mission
BIOLOGIST, BIOTECHNOLOGY CORE FACILITY BRANCH (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 29, 2018
-the work life is very unfulfilling
-you can work as hard as you want but unless you become BBF with someone with authority... you're pretty much stagnant.
-pay is terrible unless you are a contractor (don't convert)
-most people eat at there cubicle, some which are shared!
-parking is a nightmare... either no parking or if you do your car goes home with more dents/dings/ scratches then your teenager borrowing the car!
It pays the bills
Animal Health Technician III, CRL (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 29, 2018
I'm just thankful to God for my job other than that I have nothing more to add. In my position, I work Monday-Friday and some Saturdays, Sundays & Holidays.
Depends on Division
Fellow (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 25, 2018
every division, branch, and team is different.
cannot make a blanket statement for the cdc.
also leadership change can be dependent on administration change/ administration prioritization of topics.
good environment
Temp (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaNovember 25, 2018
great place to work if permanent employee but I was only temp, good hours if on a set shift some people have to work swing shift , you can meet great people and progress in the business if your mind is set for advancement
Cdc
Public Health Consultant/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 21, 2018
Premier Federal agency that serves public health interests. The brightest and greatest minds is resource with deeps roots of knowledge and with the latest developments.
Public Health Associate (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 14, 2018
This was a pleasant learning experience. I was stationed in nee mexico, and each day was a new and challenging experience. I would definitely recommend
Great Place, slow paced
Infectious Disease Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 10, 2018
I thought all and all it was a terrific experience. I personally found that it was difficult to move things up the chain quickly. A bit bureaucratic but to be expected in a government agency. Great and warm people to work with
productive and fun place to work
Sr. SAP BODS Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLOctober 28, 2018
one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S.
Pros
good cafeteria
Cons
no breaks
Armed Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chamblee, GAOctober 24, 2018
Great officers on all shifts. Management BELIEVED in Training, Advancement. Officers had a family type environment. Very good training.
Management truthful.
Pros
Great workplace
Cons
needed new uniforms.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Women's ratings

1.5Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss