Centers Health Care Employee Reviews

first job
Housekeeping Aide (Current Employee) –  Gloversville, NYDecember 5, 2018
this is my first job
I am presently working part-time
I am doing really good here
I work with a great bunch of people
I would tell other people to work here also
would like more hours
and a raise would be nice
Pros
great co workers
Cons
not enough hours
Slimy and underhanded
Remote Support Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 3, 2018
Sent us hundreds of miles away for travel with no hotels, transportation, nor food. Illegally laid off half the staff. Forced waivers of legal rights.
Never again
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 30, 2018
I thought it would be a enjoyable place to work as a first time CNA but I was wrong. No professionalism at all in that environment. The orientation was okay but I would rather work with better people who are respectful. I shouldn’t feel like I don’t belong. Plus a lot of the CNA’S act like it’s a burden when asked to train a orientee. The most disgusting attitudes ever Horrible experience
Pros
Hour break
Cons
Comfortable environment for residents and great place to work
Ward Clerk (Current Employee) –  Cooperstown, NYNovember 8, 2018
Centers is a beautiful new building that is well maintained, and a terrific home for its residents. The staff and residents are always smiling, there is a comfortable environment that can be felt throughout the facility. Staff are always willing to lend a hand or find the staff that can assist the resident with their particular needs. Centers is a great place to work and I would recommend it to friends and family.
Pros
Free lunches on Fridays
Cons
Low pay, but opportunities for overtime
Great Company
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Cooperstown, NYNovember 8, 2018
Centers Health Care is a progressive, supportive company that provides excellent care not only for residents but employees as well. Our team works together to create successes every day!
Pros
Advancement opportunities, paid education
my job
Activities Aide (Current Employee) –  Gloversville, NYNovember 7, 2018
working at centers part-time in housekeeping and activiites
love my residents don't like the pay scale they don't offer enough
hours for part-time work
Poor
Cna (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, NYOctober 30, 2018
I love working there but the staff there did what they wanted to over all place is good the patients are nice the bosses are nice but it’s that some of the workers don’t like to do there job.
Great Company to Work For!
Accounts Receivable Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 26, 2018
This company is incredible! The management is excellent and so professional and accommodating! There is a positive energy here! There is tremendous growth opportunity here!
Pros
Great work atmosphere!
Great Career builder
Finace (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 25, 2018
Centers Health Care is an excellent place to work and build your career. The goal and mindset of the company is to make every employee successful. The company is very family oriented and has a great work-life balance. While obviously expectations are high, the company is very understanding of every individuals personal life as well.
I have been working here for over 3 years and truly have 0 complaints from compensation to enjoying to coming to work every day. I would highly recommend working for Centers Health Care
Pros
very professional, great work environment, grows its employees
Wonderful Place to Work
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  BronxOctober 24, 2018
I am extremely happy to call myself an employee of centers health care.
A wonderful environment, managers that teach well and allow one to grow in their skill set and great PTO are just a few excellent reason to work here.
Pros
Everything!!!
Great work environment
Senior Application Developer (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 22, 2018
Centers Health Care is a great place to work. We work as a team. Everyone - coworkers up to senior management are friendly and are glad to help you. The company is constantly growing, so there are many opportunities for advancement.
Pros
Friendly work environment; company is growing - lots of opportunities.
Cons
Challenging commute for those living outside the 5 boroughs.
October 22, 2018

We are glad to hear that you are having a great experience at Centers. We appreciate your hard work and the positive impact you are making.

Excellent Company With Fantastic Growth Opportunities!!
Coordinator/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 19, 2018
Centers Health Care is the best place I have worked in my career. Management is extremely attentive to employee needs and really seems to understand how maintaining a positive work environment increases productivity and morale.
The company provides great benefits, especially low cost insurance an PTO!
All of my coworkers are super friendly!!
Pros
Pto
October 22, 2018

We are glad you are having the experience of a lifetime here at Centers. We strive to foster an excellent culture in addition to competitive pay rates and benefits. Thanks for the five star review!

The road to darkness
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYOctober 4, 2018
So if you want to lose your license you should work in maritine care center. Just to name a few issues lack of respect for patient and employee. Horrible patient care due to terrible understaffing. It's so bad they have maintenance and hr staff doing one to ones. It's a big joke. The nurses and cnas are stretched too thin which causes pts to not recieve thier care on time. The foundation of this facility is not worth the struggle. Not to mention the nursing supervisors are plain out lazy. If you are just searching for a paycheck go to maritine you will always make one but if you believe in patient care beware!!!!
Pros
Other lpns and cna
October 22, 2018

We are as disappointed as you are with the negative experience you had while working at CHC. We are constantly striving to improve, and we will definitely take a close look at your review which will undoubtedly be helpful and taken into consideration.

Troy, NY
RN Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  Troy, NYSeptember 19, 2018
I went to work as an RN unit manager. Management is trying to turn the facility around after a recent buyout to Centers Health and a loss of the majority of the staff. Not enough RN's to cover shifts, LPNs mandated on the regular and threatening to quit. CNAs were overworked from lack of help. A lot of agency staff. Poor management of resident admissions due to admission decisions being done out of state ( NJ-corporate headquarters). I give credit to the admin co-workers who are dedicated to turning the facility around, but I have to admit that its a hard uphill climb from where they are.
Pros
Pay is competitive, benefits ok, some residents were appreciative of care.
Cons
lack of nursing staff, ineffective resident admissions, poor management
Shut it down and start over again
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Hammonton, NJSeptember 18, 2018
Upper managements never comes to the floor to see what the nurse staff has to deal with, staff is disregarded and basically told you get your money when you get it even though you have worked for it . They allow cognitive residents to disrespect staff and other residents. The on call “management “ never answer the calls over the weekend. The supervisor aren’t properly trained to handle emergent situation. Every single department is short so the ones who are there know that they can basically get away with anything because bad staff is better than no staff!!!Lincense is constantly on the line in this place.
Pros
Not unemployed
Cons
professionalism
Run needs to be bought out
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Minoa, NYSeptember 16, 2018
Very poor staffing levels didnt get pay promise for 11.76 when promised 13.50 I dont think so and residents care is in jeopardy due to low and agency staffing
Extremely difficult with frequent mandation
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Canandaigua, NYSeptember 14, 2018
We are always understaffed and occasionally below minimum staffing. Weekend staffing is a nightmare! No supervisory staff on weekends or holidays. The nurses and aides argue with each other in front of residents. If I could afford to leave this job, I would
Pros
Transportation provided to staff
Cons
NEVER fully staffed
Love it!
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Paltz, NYAugust 13, 2018
I only started working here a couple months ago but I love it! It’s a fast paced environment but the staff works well as a team so the burden isn’t taken out on just one person.I love working here!!!
Pros
Working as a team, hours
Cons
management
difficult
Administrative Support (Current Employee) –  RIAugust 1, 2018
no communication management unavailable never in facility no support or orientation ,lacks professionalism , worst career move , saw so many people come and go
Wonderful place to work
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Newpaltz nyJuly 30, 2018
I just started working here 5 months ago in the kitchen and it is wonderful to always see smiling faces. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Centers Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.