Centers Health Care Employee Reviews

It was a bit challenging but once some of Coworkers realized we were there to help and not take their jobs. It got somewhat better.
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glens Falls, NYJanuary 16, 2019
They get you on an assignment, don't check to see how things are going. They need to house everyone individually. Use 1 bedroom for those who aren't comfortable with roommate settings. House according to age groups. Do a pre survey to see individuals likes and dislikes in roommate settings. Check compatibility. Once you have a person who is willing to stay on track with contract. Invest in them. They will help company grow. Positive results bring happy residents and families.
Pros
Great incentives
Cons
Housing
Great place to work!
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 14, 2019
I am a new employee at Centers Health Care. I have to say, the atmosphere at this company is exceptional. I was warmly welcomed by coworkers/bosses and everyone was very helpful and patient while helping me navigate through the difficulties of having a new job. There is one coworker who thinks I'm an intern (which is annoying) but there is always that one guy! All jokes aside... amazing company, good people, and a wonderful place to work!
Pros
Great work atmosphere!
Run
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Minoa, NYJanuary 5, 2019
Low staffing levels. Patients were hurt due to lack of staff and subsequent shortcuts. They tried to cover an incident up where a resident was injured due to the company’s negligence and severely low staffing. I would put 20 people to bed, as well as be on the med cart, because we only had ONE CNA for the ENTIRE UNIT. If you value your nursing license, run for the hills! Also, the pay and benefits SUCK. If you’re going to be run ragged, at least get compensated appropriately.
Pros
The residents
Cons
Everything else.
I'd give no 🌟 if it was a option
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  United StatesDecember 30, 2018
Stay away from this place. If it goes under investigation. You will be involved in the bad report. It will go on your resume. Management is unprofessional. Workers don't work. Patients suffer. Only good reviews are the office workers. They get paid for nothing they give themselves the hours they don't work total scam. Rip off
Pros
Non
Cons
Everything. Management needs to b fired. Everyone needs to be fired. Lazy. Disrespectful. Hateful.
Worst place to work for
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Hammonton, NJDecember 21, 2018
Poor management to begin with. Patients are treated like trash. They can't even provide them with decent hot meals. They are never fully staffed. The staff they do have doesn't work. Most employees come in clock in and go home for the rest of the day to then later after supposed shift is over clock out. They get paid for not working. They honestly do not care for the patients.Patients are mistreated. They are left in soiled diapers for long periods of time. Patients are unattended causing them to get hurt by falling. All they care about is being able to keep up with their census rate. Aides and nurses don't show up for shifts. It's just a terrible place to work especially if you have a good heart.
Pros
Cons
very incompetent administration
Look else where
Food operation (Former Employee) –  Hammonton, NJJanuary 13, 2019
The building in Hammonton have gone through 3 different ownerships with the same unfortunate results. Poor management have always been the building down fall. The Dietary Department have always been poorly run, ranging from low level food contracters to self operation. Dietary workers don’t wear any uniforms and usually wear street clothes. So one can not tell the difference between outsiders and workers. The department never had a major renovation and still is dirty. There is 120 days for benefits eligibility for management. Their sister’s community in Deptford has gone through 12 Food Service Directors in less than 6 years and higher in Hammonton. There are no background checks or drug screenings for new applicants.
Pros
Good rehab department
Cons
“nickel and dime operation “
Never again
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 30, 2018
I thought it would be a enjoyable place to work as a first time CNA but I was wrong. No professionalism at all in that environment. The orientation was okay but I would rather work with better people who are respectful. I shouldn’t feel like I don’t belong. Plus a lot of the CNA’S act like it’s a burden when asked to train a orientee. The most disgusting attitudes ever Horrible experience
Pros
Hour break
Cons
Comfortable environment for residents and great place to work
Ward Clerk (Current Employee) –  Cooperstown, NYNovember 8, 2018
Centers is a beautiful new building that is well maintained, and a terrific home for its residents. The staff and residents are always smiling, there is a comfortable environment that can be felt throughout the facility. Staff are always willing to lend a hand or find the staff that can assist the resident with their particular needs. Centers is a great place to work and I would recommend it to friends and family.
Pros
Free lunches on Fridays
Cons
Low pay, but opportunities for overtime
Amazing place to work
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  NYFebruary 5, 2019
Centers health care really loves its clients and its employees. I feel like part of a family when I am here. Everyone is kind, and compassionate. People are willing to help when you need it, and this really is important and makes the quality of this workplace outstanding. I love it here. Would highly recommend.
Pros
Comradery, compassionate
Great Career builder
Finace (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 25, 2018
Centers Health Care is an excellent place to work and build your career. The goal and mindset of the company is to make every employee successful. The company is very family oriented and has a great work-life balance. While obviously expectations are high, the company is very understanding of every individuals personal life as well.
I have been working here for over 3 years and truly have 0 complaints from compensation to enjoying to coming to work every day. I would highly recommend working for Centers Health Care
Pros
very professional, great work environment, grows its employees
Excellent Company With Fantastic Growth Opportunities!!
Coordinator/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 19, 2018
Centers Health Care is the best place I have worked in my career. Management is extremely attentive to employee needs and really seems to understand how maintaining a positive work environment increases productivity and morale.
The company provides great benefits, especially low cost insurance an PTO!
All of my coworkers are super friendly!!
Pros
Pto
October 22, 2018

We are glad you are having the experience of a lifetime here at Centers. We strive to foster an excellent culture in addition to competitive pay rates and benefits. Thanks for the five star review!

Great work environment
Senior Application Developer (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 22, 2018
Centers Health Care is a great place to work. We work as a team. Everyone - coworkers up to senior management are friendly and are glad to help you. The company is constantly growing, so there are many opportunities for advancement.
Pros
Friendly work environment; company is growing - lots of opportunities.
Cons
Challenging commute for those living outside the 5 boroughs.
October 22, 2018

We are glad to hear that you are having a great experience at Centers. We appreciate your hard work and the positive impact you are making.

The road to darkness
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYOctober 4, 2018
So if you want to lose your license you should work in maritine care center. Just to name a few issues lack of respect for patient and employee. Horrible patient care due to terrible understaffing. It's so bad they have maintenance and hr staff doing one to ones. It's a big joke. The nurses and cnas are stretched too thin which causes pts to not recieve thier care on time. The foundation of this facility is not worth the struggle. Not to mention the nursing supervisors are plain out lazy. If you are just searching for a paycheck go to maritine you will always make one but if you believe in patient care beware!!!!
Pros
Other lpns and cna
October 22, 2018

We are as disappointed as you are with the negative experience you had while working at CHC. We are constantly striving to improve, and we will definitely take a close look at your review which will undoubtedly be helpful and taken into consideration.

Troy, NY
RN Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  Troy, NYSeptember 19, 2018
I went to work as an RN unit manager. Management is trying to turn the facility around after a recent buyout to Centers Health and a loss of the majority of the staff. Not enough RN's to cover shifts, LPNs mandated on the regular and threatening to quit. CNAs were overworked from lack of help. A lot of agency staff. Poor management of resident admissions due to admission decisions being done out of state ( NJ-corporate headquarters). I give credit to the admin co-workers who are dedicated to turning the facility around, but I have to admit that its a hard uphill climb from where they are.
Pros
Pay is competitive, benefits ok, some residents were appreciative of care.
Cons
lack of nursing staff, ineffective resident admissions, poor management
Shut it down and start over again
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Hammonton, NJSeptember 18, 2018
Upper managements never comes to the floor to see what the nurse staff has to deal with, staff is disregarded and basically told you get your money when you get it even though you have worked for it . They allow cognitive residents to disrespect staff and other residents. The on call “management “ never answer the calls over the weekend. The supervisor aren’t properly trained to handle emergent situation. Every single department is short so the ones who are there know that they can basically get away with anything because bad staff is better than no staff!!!Lincense is constantly on the line in this place.
Pros
Not unemployed
Cons
professionalism
I have fun working with my coworkers. Also the clients here as well.
CNA/Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Virginia Street, NyDecember 20, 2018
It’s a pleasant place and good to work at. You will the love and get attached to the clients. Some are a joy to work with. It can be stressful working here but working with the clients will make you look at working here go smoothly.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Management is Here to Help
Invoice Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 11, 2019
The Management at Centers is here to help you grow. They give you the independence to learn how to fix and solve problems on your own while always making themselves available for advice or insights should you come across a problem you don't know how to solve on your own.
Great for traveling nursing
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Queensbury, NYDecember 13, 2018
Working for Warren Center has been a great experience for me as a traveling worker. Teamwork is definitely enforce and the staff welcomes you with open arms. I’ve been employed here for over 7 months now and absolutely love it!
Cons
Far from home
Centers Health Care is a great place to work and grow.
Assistant Controller (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 2, 2019
Centers Health Care is a great place to work and grow. The management is approachable and fellow piers are friendly. They offer many programs and benefits that allow for professional growth with in the business world.
Awful place to work at! Poor management. They don't care about working short
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Paltz, NOJanuary 9, 2019
Unstaffed, poor management. You never receive all your hours in your paycheck. They act like they care about their employees and really don't. One of the worst nursing homes in the area!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Centers Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.