Centers Health Care Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
The road to darkness
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYOctober 4, 2018
So if you want to lose your license you should work in maritine care center. Just to name a few issues lack of respect for patient and employee. Horrible patient care due to terrible understaffing. It's so bad they have maintenance and hr staff doing one to ones. It's a big joke. The nurses and cnas are stretched too thin which causes pts to not recieve thier care on time. The foundation of this facility is not worth the struggle. Not to mention the nursing supervisors are plain out lazy. If you are just searching for a paycheck go to maritine you will always make one but if you believe in patient care beware!!!!
Pros
Other lpns and cna
Troy, NY
RN Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  Troy, NYSeptember 19, 2018
I went to work as an RN unit manager. Management is trying to turn the facility around after a recent buyout to Centers Health and a loss of the majority of the staff. Not enough RN's to cover shifts, LPNs mandated on the regular and threatening to quit. CNAs were overworked from lack of help. A lot of agency staff. Poor management of resident admissions due to admission decisions being done out of state ( NJ-corporate headquarters). I give credit to the admin co-workers who are dedicated to turning the facility around, but I have to admit that its a hard uphill climb from where they are.
Pros
Pay is competitive, benefits ok, some residents were appreciative of care.
Cons
lack of nursing staff, ineffective resident admissions, poor management
Shut it down and start over again
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Hammonton, NJSeptember 18, 2018
Upper managements never comes to the floor to see what the nurse staff has to deal with, staff is disregarded and basically told you get your money when you get it even though you have worked for it . They allow cognitive residents to disrespect staff and other residents. The on call “management “ never answer the calls over the weekend. The supervisor aren’t properly trained to handle emergent situation. Every single department is short so the ones who are there know that they can basically get away with anything because bad staff is better than no staff!!!Lincense is constantly on the line in this place.
Pros
Not unemployed
Cons
professionalism
Run needs to be bought out
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Minoa, NYSeptember 16, 2018
Very poor staffing levels didnt get pay promise for 11.76 when promised 13.50 I dont think so and residents care is in jeopardy due to low and agency staffing
Extremely difficult with frequent mandation
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Canandaigua, NYSeptember 14, 2018
We are always understaffed and occasionally below minimum staffing. Weekend staffing is a nightmare! No supervisory staff on weekends or holidays. The nurses and aides argue with each other in front of residents. If I could afford to leave this job, I would
Pros
Transportation provided to staff
Cons
NEVER fully staffed
difficult
Administrative Support (Current Employee) –  RIAugust 1, 2018
no communication management unavailable never in facility no support or orientation ,lacks professionalism , worst career move , saw so many people come and go
Wonderful place to work
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Newpaltz nyJuly 30, 2018
I just started working here 5 months ago in the kitchen and it is wonderful to always see smiling faces. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone!
New Paltz Rehabilitation and Nursing Center
Dietary (Current Employee) –  New Paltz, NYJuly 24, 2018
Centers Health Care provides a wonderful opportunity to engage with people of all generations whilst garnering professional skills, no matter what department to which one is affiliated. I am a relatively new hire and a happy employee.
People are easy to chat with
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  New Paltz, NYJuly 17, 2018
Its fun to be able to sit behind the desk and greet people when they come in. The people who visit this location are usually very warm and easy to talk to. Also most of the staff are very warm and easy to talk to which makes the afternoon go by fast. The garden room has a real little 'plant garden' in it and is a nice place to come out and sit in and feel really calm and at rest in! The staff are also very hospitable and kind.xo!
Beautiful work place
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  New Paltz, NYJuly 12, 2018
Patience and understanding plays a big role here and that’s amazing that we come together to care for these patience’s. The respect the staff shows for each other is also a plus.
I did not feel that the accomplishments of the rehab staff have been recognized adequately, however the patients and staff are wonderful.
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Township of Deptford, NJJuly 5, 2018
I would work for Centers again. My time at Centers has been a rewarding experience however I will over again reiterate that the rehab staff is under appreciated.
Pros
great patients and co-workers
Cons
very little positive reinforcement for rehab staff
productive fun environment
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 18, 2018
Great work environment, Great people to be around, Great bosses,
Teaching you managing skills, how to interact with people,Great location has gym on site, a great employer lounge/kitchen,
Its ok but could be soooo much better
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Deptford hammontonJune 10, 2018
The pay is awful 13.00 for cnas and you bust your butt hardly ever a break the workloads are heavy the nurses are not helpful the residents are pleasant ..if they up the cna rate to 15.00 it would fit the cost of living in my area ..the cnas are the backbone to any facility so y wouldnt you want to accommodate the aides?.. No perks no shift diff no weekend bonuses just come to work and do your job! My agency pays 15 a hr and i get pd every week so i devote alot of my time to agency ..up the pay rate for aides and this place will always be staffed with excellent aides
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Payrate
June 12, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to give Centers Health Care an employee review. We apologize that your overall experience did not meet your expectations. We are constantly striving to improve, and we will definitely take a close look at your review which will undoubtedly be helpful and taken into consideration.

Passionate Co-workers
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  New Paltz, NYJune 7, 2018
Co-Workers are very passionate and work great as a team! Residents are well taken care of and are kept busy with many daily activities! Would recommend this facility to anyone who loves what they do!
June 12, 2018

We agree - to succeed in long term care - you need to LOVE what you do! We are so proud of the Centers team and the passion they have for their jobs. Your recommendation means so much to us. Keep up the great work!

This company is exciting and very patient oriented
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Paltz, NYJune 7, 2018
I have not worked at New Paltz Center for long. I have enjoyed my time at the center. Everyone has shown me a great amount of support seeing as I moved from another state. I would recommend this place for anyone.
June 12, 2018

Welcome to New Paltz, NY! We are glad the team at the facility is helping you settle in, and we hope you have a great experience working with Centers Health Care. Wishing the best of luck in your new role.

Just started seems like a good team
LPN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  New Paltz, NYJune 6, 2018
Hourly is low but there's a lot of perks and bonuses if you have to work extra or pick up a shift. The staff is a good team and helps one another out if needed.
June 12, 2018

Thanks for your five star review! We have heard countless times that there is a great team working together at our New Paltz facility and we are super proud of that. We are glad to hear that you are happy overall, and appreciate your review. Keep up the great work!

Great place to work friendly and professional.
Payroll Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 1, 2018
Centers is a great place to work. They operate at very high level, and they understand the needs of their employees. I remember starting my first day and being overwhelmed by all the people that worked there, but within a few minutes 5 people introduced themselves and made me feel at home.
Pros
Great environment
June 12, 2018

We are glad to hear your exceptional feedback of Centers Health Care. Indeed, we do consider ourselves a forward thinking company and certainly value each and every employee. We hope you continue to settle in nicely, and that you continue contributing in your role.

Nice place to work, no stress environment
Staffing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NY 10470May 31, 2018
No stress environment. Pay is poor. Office space and furniture not comfortable. Management is full of empathy towards staff. But no career advancement.
Cons
Pay is poor
June 12, 2018

Thank you for your important feedback to Centers Health Care. We are glad to hear that your work is being recognized and that you are enjoying your work. Your complete review is helpful to our organization and we appreciate you taking the time to write it.

They don't stand behind staff trying to do the right thing
Nurse (Former Employee) –  MultipleMay 23, 2018
You work hard. Go above and beyond every day. You even go to multiple other buildings to help, being promised compensation you never get. I gave up weekends, holidays, nights everything because those residents need care and there was just not enough bodies. Why, because it was the right thing to do. Then, when my family needed me and I had to resign to take a less demanding job, they refused to pay out nearly 300 hours of paid time off that I accumulated and was never able to take. Sure it's legal because the hand book says they don't pay out unused time. But, the union staff all got paid out even if they were fired. My only recourse is a lawyer which of course, is in the works but it's a shame it's going to have to go to that extreme. It will be my mission in life to steer others away from this very unethical and cold company. Centers should remember that the work force in health care is a very small group and word will get around.
Cons
Terrible insurance. No one holds staff accountable
June 12, 2018

We apologize that your experience did not meet our high standards. Your feedback will be reviewed closely as we are always striving to improve as a company. No doubt your hard work was very much appreciated by staff and residents alike. We wish you all the best in the future.

Centers is a great place to work
Purchaser/ Cash Management (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 23, 2018
Centers Healthcare provided me with a great work-life balance.
The experience I have received here is vast and very useful for future growth. I recommend exploring options here.
June 12, 2018

We appreciate you recommending Centers Health Care to others considering employment here. Work-life balance is important and we are glad our workplace met your needs. Indeed, we are proud to offer many opportunities for career growth and are glad you took advantage of that.