Centers Health Care Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Beautiful work place
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  New Paltz, NYJuly 12, 2018
Patience and understanding plays a big role here and that’s amazing that we come together to care for these patience’s. The respect the staff shows for each other is also a plus.
I did not feel that the accomplishments of the rehab staff have been recognized adequately, however the patients and staff are wonderful.
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Township of Deptford, NJJuly 5, 2018
I would work for Centers again. My time at Centers has been a rewarding experience however I will over again reiterate that the rehab staff is under appreciated.
Pros
great patients and co-workers
Cons
very little positive reinforcement for rehab staff
productive fun environment
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 18, 2018
Great work environment, Great people to be around, Great bosses,
Teaching you managing skills, how to interact with people,Great location has gym on site, a great employer lounge/kitchen,
Its ok but could be soooo much better
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Deptford hammontonJune 10, 2018
The pay is awful 13.00 for cnas and you bust your butt hardly ever a break the workloads are heavy the nurses are not helpful the residents are pleasant ..if they up the cna rate to 15.00 it would fit the cost of living in my area ..the cnas are the backbone to any facility so y wouldnt you want to accommodate the aides?.. No perks no shift diff no weekend bonuses just come to work and do your job! My agency pays 15 a hr and i get pd every week so i devote alot of my time to agency ..up the pay rate for aides and this place will always be staffed with excellent aides
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Payrate
June 12, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to give Centers Health Care an employee review. We apologize that your overall experience did not meet your expectations. We are constantly striving to improve, and we will definitely take a close look at your review which will undoubtedly be helpful and taken into consideration.

Passionate Co-workers
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  New Paltz, NYJune 7, 2018
Co-Workers are very passionate and work great as a team! Residents are well taken care of and are kept busy with many daily activities! Would recommend this facility to anyone who loves what they do!
June 12, 2018

We agree - to succeed in long term care - you need to LOVE what you do! We are so proud of the Centers team and the passion they have for their jobs. Your recommendation means so much to us. Keep up the great work!

This company is exciting and very patient oriented
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Paltz, NYJune 7, 2018
I have not worked at New Paltz Center for long. I have enjoyed my time at the center. Everyone has shown me a great amount of support seeing as I moved from another state. I would recommend this place for anyone.
June 12, 2018

Welcome to New Paltz, NY! We are glad the team at the facility is helping you settle in, and we hope you have a great experience working with Centers Health Care. Wishing the best of luck in your new role.

Just started seems like a good team
LPN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  New Paltz, NYJune 6, 2018
Hourly is low but there's a lot of perks and bonuses if you have to work extra or pick up a shift. The staff is a good team and helps one another out if needed.
June 12, 2018

Thanks for your five star review! We have heard countless times that there is a great team working together at our New Paltz facility and we are super proud of that. We are glad to hear that you are happy overall, and appreciate your review. Keep up the great work!

Great place to work friendly and professional.
Payroll Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 1, 2018
Centers is a great place to work. They operate at very high level, and they understand the needs of their employees. I remember starting my first day and being overwhelmed by all the people that worked there, but within a few minutes 5 people introduced themselves and made me feel at home.
Pros
Great environment
June 12, 2018

We are glad to hear your exceptional feedback of Centers Health Care. Indeed, we do consider ourselves a forward thinking company and certainly value each and every employee. We hope you continue to settle in nicely, and that you continue contributing in your role.

Nice place to work, no stress environment
Staffing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NY 10470May 31, 2018
No stress environment. Pay is poor. Office space and furniture not comfortable. Management is full of empathy towards staff. But no career advancement.
Cons
Pay is poor
June 12, 2018

Thank you for your important feedback to Centers Health Care. We are glad to hear that your work is being recognized and that you are enjoying your work. Your complete review is helpful to our organization and we appreciate you taking the time to write it.

They don't stand behind staff trying to do the right thing
Nurse (Former Employee) –  MultipleMay 23, 2018
You work hard. Go above and beyond every day. You even go to multiple other buildings to help, being promised compensation you never get. I gave up weekends, holidays, nights everything because those residents need care and there was just not enough bodies. Why, because it was the right thing to do. Then, when my family needed me and I had to resign to take a less demanding job, they refused to pay out nearly 300 hours of paid time off that I accumulated and was never able to take. Sure it's legal because the hand book says they don't pay out unused time. But, the union staff all got paid out even if they were fired. My only recourse is a lawyer which of course, is in the works but it's a shame it's going to have to go to that extreme. It will be my mission in life to steer others away from this very unethical and cold company. Centers should remember that the work force in health care is a very small group and word will get around.
Cons
Terrible insurance. No one holds staff accountable
June 12, 2018

We apologize that your experience did not meet our high standards. Your feedback will be reviewed closely as we are always striving to improve as a company. No doubt your hard work was very much appreciated by staff and residents alike. We wish you all the best in the future.

Centers is a great place to work
Purchaser/ Cash Management (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 23, 2018
Centers Healthcare provided me with a great work-life balance.
The experience I have received here is vast and very useful for future growth. I recommend exploring options here.
June 12, 2018

We appreciate you recommending Centers Health Care to others considering employment here. Work-life balance is important and we are glad our workplace met your needs. Indeed, we are proud to offer many opportunities for career growth and are glad you took advantage of that.

wont be going anywhere anytime soon
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gloversville, NYMay 17, 2018
truly enjoy my job at the Fulton Center! we take good care of our residents and corporate takes pretty good care of employees, no mandation, works around our family schedules, plenty of overtime when needed for lifes little mishaps.
May 23, 2018

So happy to hear that you are enjoying your job at Fulton Center. “Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life,” Your care and compassion for our residents means so much to Centers Health Care and to the community. Thanks for all that you do.

Co workers,are like family.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Paltz, NYMay 3, 2018
As a long term employee of 19 plus,years,I enjoy my coworkers and I love my residents!! And my residents appreciate me..I look forward to serving the community as our facility is ever evolving to meet the needs of our patients,and residents.
May 5, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review New Paltz Center. We are honored and glad to have you as part of the Centers Health Care family and sincerely appreciate the hard work that you put in. Keep up the great work!

Accounts Receivable Manager (Current Employee) –  New Paltz, NYMay 3, 2018
I enjoy working with the staff and residents. Plus I get to spend time with residents and there family members as much time as I can I take advantage of that time.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Want more great people
May 5, 2018

Thank you for positive review. We agree - New Paltz Center has great staff! Thanks for being an important member of the Centers Health Care team and for all that you do on the job.

I enjoy being employed here.
I'm not happy with some things but most things I'm ok with. I enjoy my residents. Some of my team members. But for the most part I enjoy coming to work .
Cons
Very short breaks . Cause your always busy.
May 5, 2018

Thanks for taking the time to review your facility. We are happy that overall you are satisfied with your job. Your feedback is very valuable to us as we are always looking for ways to improve.

I like to work for centers. Most staff are very caring towards our residents
Rehab Aide (Current Employee) –  New Paltz, NYMay 3, 2018
We are at new paltz center . We are on the transition period and we are working very hard to provide best care for our residents. Working together we could make it happen .
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Short staff
May 5, 2018

Centers Health Care is proud of your teamwork and we salute your work as a Rehab Aide. The hard work you do does not go unnoticed. Keep up the great work!

busy place
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Paltz, NYMay 2, 2018
I Enjoy working with people and taking care of them at new paltz center I ha ave been able to enjoy one on one interactions with residents. Its easy to work with the nurses in the unit.
Pros
great residents
Cons
the pay can be higher
May 5, 2018

We are pleased to hear that you enjoy your job and the work environment you are part of. We appreciate the hard work you put in as a CNA. Thank you for taking the time to give us a review.

Expansion and growth
LPN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  New Paltz, NYMay 2, 2018
Centers has room for growth and advancement for new lpns and cnas for long term and rehab units working together with dietary the drs and the scheduling make the facility function as a whole
Pros
Wonderful supervisor
Cons
Short breaks
May 5, 2018

Thank you for your positive review. Yes indeed - Centers Health Care is proud to offer many career advancement opportunities in our growing organization and we are happy to hear you are taking advantage of that through your work as a charge nurse.

Busy place to work
LPN (Current Employee) –  New Paltz, NYMay 2, 2018
I enjoy working with my co workers but at times it can be stressful the Cna don't work together but we are working on it waiting pay raise though Union
Pros
Good staff
Cons
Need more people
May 6, 2018

Thank you for your four star review of New Paltz Center. We are glad to hear that you have mostly positive feelings about your job. We are always looking for ways to improve, so we appreciate your feedback. We wish you continued success with your job as a LPN and we thank you for your efforts on the job.

Pretty Good Place to Work
Great place to work although the pay is low. Management is very nice and helpful. We all work together to make a calm environment. Quick pace work and the shift is over in a heartbeat. Our staff works very hard and are very helpful.
Pros
Small building and resident load
Cons
Gotta keep on your toes or else!
May 8, 2018

Thanks for your review. We are glad to hear that management is very nice and helpful and that you and your teammates are working hard together to make your facility into the great place it is. Your feedback is valuable and we appreciate the insight.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Centers Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.